Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

To special Parents of special Children. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To special Parents of special Children. (998 Views)

Parents Of This Adorable Baby Girl Celebrates Her First Birthday In Style / Oyo-ita Gives Parents Of Quintuplets’ House, Job / Happy Birthday To Special Treasure- Dyt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To special Parents of special Children. by montezz(f): 12:24am On Dec 07, 2015
I want to send a big shout out to parents,
grandparents and other caregivers of kids with
special needs. If anyone ever needed a virtual hug,
it’s you! Muah! You are my hero! I don't know how you do it,but you are angels....special,strong and wingless angels. You rock!

Trust me,its not easy doing twice the job of a normal parent,that is the reason you need to;

1. Take one day at a time, and take that day
positively. You don't have control over the future,
but you do have control over today.

2. Never underestimate your child's potential.
Allow them, encourage them,expect them to
develop to the best of their abilities.

3. Find and allow positive mentors: parents and
professionals who can share with you their
experience, advice, and support.

4. Provide and be involved with the most
appropriate educational and learning
environments for your child from infancy on.

5. Keep in mind the feelings and needs of your
spouse and your other children. Remind them that
this child does not get more of your love just
because they get more of your time.

6. Answer only to your conscience: then you'll be
able to answer to your child. You need not justify
your actions to your friends, relations or the
public.

7. Be honest with your feelings. You can't be a
super-parent 24 hours a day. Allow yourself
jealousy, anger, pity, frustration, and depression
in small amounts whenever necessary.

8. Be kind to yourself. Don't focus continually on
what needs to be done. Remember to look at what
you have accomplished.

9. Stop and smell the roses. Take advantage of the
fact that you have gained a special appreciation for
the little miracles in life that others take for
granted.

10. Keep and use a sense of humor. Cracking up
with laughter can keep you from cracking up from
stress.
(You are free to add more).
If you are the caregiver of a special needs child, give yourself a hug, a pat on the back, and some very nice,positive self talk today. You are a great parent, doing a great job, taking care of a great kid. You are admired and cared about by many people. Be kind to yourself today!!

Montezz.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To special Parents of special Children. by Kimoni: 1:00am On Dec 07, 2015
special needs child, give yourself a hug, a pat on the back, and some very nice,positive self talk today. You are a great parent, doing a great job, taking care of a great kid. You are admired and cared about by many people. Be kind to yourself today!!

Nice one OP, I couldn't agree more.

A big shout out to all parents, teachers, and caregivers of children with special needs. Be proud of yourself and your wonderful gifts.

I want to give a big shout to all caregivers at Modupe Cole memorial child care center and Heart of Gold Little Children Hospice. God bless and reward you all abundantly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To special Parents of special Children. by danielicon(m): 1:46am On Dec 07, 2015
what else? ? 33 mill per plot

planning to acquire more when demand goes high
Re: To special Parents of special Children. by agarawu23(m): 3:46am On Dec 07, 2015
danielicon:
what else? ? 33 mill per plot
planning to acquire more when demand goes high
this early morning , huh?

Op nice one wink

1 Like

Re: To special Parents of special Children. by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 07, 2015
Don't feel embarrassed or shy when people stare at them,
Give them a knowing smile, they are just being curious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To special Parents of special Children. by unono: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
@op may GOD bless u for this write up.

1 Like

Re: To special Parents of special Children. by montezz(f): 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
unono:
@op may GOD bless u for this write up.
Amen. Thanks
Re: To special Parents of special Children. by Chumani(f): 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
@montezz, may Almighty God continue to give you wisdom for giving insight to this topic.

favoured234:
Don't feel embarrassed or shy when people stare at them,
Give them a knowing smile, they are just being curious

hmnn, this is directed at me. I do feel embarrassed and shy when people stare at my little niece that is epileptic. l tend to give them hatred look as well.

I will change my thinking towards them from now on.
thanks also

1 Like

Re: To special Parents of special Children. by montezz(f): 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
Chumani:
@montezz, may Almighty God continue to give you wisdom for giving insight to this topic
Amen. Thank you sir!
Re: To special Parents of special Children. by Laveda(f): 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nice writeup montezz smiley

1 Like

Re: To special Parents of special Children. by Omotayor123(f): 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
Wow... I love this OP. Shout out to all the good parent out there.. God bless your Labour!

Montezz make I give you hug cheesy

1 Like

Re: To special Parents of special Children. by montezz(f): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
Omotayor123:
Wow... I love this OP. Shout out to all the good parent out there.. God bless your Labour!

Montezz make I give you hug cheesy
Awwwwwwwwww! Kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Read Who The Husband Of This Married Woman Caught Her With, Naked In Bed / Elderly Woman Allegedly Abandoned By Her Children In Iyana Ipaja (photos) / What Is The Name For Alabodo In Igbo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.