Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke (27324 Views)

Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper / Exclusive: APC Rejects Yahaya Bello's Deputy Choice / James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by repogirl(f): 9:42am On Dec 07, 2015
Can they help themselves when they are called APCheats?

Nigerians should bow in shame at the rascals they put into power who have no regards for the law. If the rule of law can be thwarted with such ease, I wonder what we can rely on to defend ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by kingzizzy: 9:42am On Dec 07, 2015
This is a very funny story. Wada,Faleke and Bello are all laying claim to Government house. The thing is that all 3 men actually have a case.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by YaksonFCA(m): 9:44am On Dec 07, 2015
Beadex1:
I think Is choice of not being The deputy Is good. Watch out if he accepts it he won't be a deputy governor for more than one year before he Is impeach.so he should stand by his decision firmly

Then let him take a bow by honourably resigning from his position upon inauguration come Jan 27th. He didn't follow the proper procedure to facilitate his withdrawal therefore his nomination stands. Governor Yahaya Bello only need the support of just a simple majority of the members of Kogi State House of Assembly to perfect Faleke's replacement.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by emerged01(m): 9:46am On Dec 07, 2015
Hmmmm,Bello has to beg Faleke to be his deputy if not,bello may not be the governor of Kogi because it will proved by PDP that Bello did not fulfill the requirement by INEC as he ran an election without running mate. So Bello has to beg Faleke.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Sheggy13(m): 9:46am On Dec 07, 2015
nairamaniac:
After going thru the stress of murdering audu, they still didn't upgrade his status to Governor-Level?
Bello should watch his back.
Your education,that's if you supposedly have any,is simply a waste if you can make unfounded statements like this. It's because of idiots like you that one may be forced to support this new social media bill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 07, 2015
Go tell that to your mama. grin
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Image123(m): 9:53am On Dec 07, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Aligned! Whether APC cabal like it or not, Abiodun James Faleke remains the legitimate Governor-elect of Kogi state.

You should know by now that APC are constitutional right on this. It's the same scenario with the current taraba governor. He allegedly didn't participate in an inec approved primary that's why he's in trouble. It's only commonsense that they field someone who took part in the primaries,it's not cabal,it's brain work and law.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Image123(m): 9:54am On Dec 07, 2015
Sheggy13:

Your education,that's if you supposedly have any,is simply a waste if you can make unfounded statements like this. It's because of idiots like you that one may be forced to support this new social media bill.

my exact points recently on the bill.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by VanOmiyale: 9:58am On Dec 07, 2015
undercurrent:
Really watching to see whats going to become of this case.

That a body like INEC wholly funded by Taxpayers money could throw us in this is mind boggling.
It's the partisan AGF not INEC that threw us into this mess. What the AGF should have done was to approach the supreme court for an interpretation of the law instead of making a pronouncement by himself. This would have put the matter to rest once and for all because no one can appeal the decision of the supreme court.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Image123(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2015
emerged01:
Hmmmm,Bello has to beg Faleke to be his deputy if not,bello may not be the governor of Kogi because it will proved by PDP that Bello did not fulfill the requirement by INEC as he ran an election without running mate. So Bello has to beg Faleke.

Faleke shouldn't be silly, he didn't participate in any primaries. That's the exact ground on which the Taraba governor is being removed.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:04am On Dec 07, 2015
Image123:

You should know by now that APC are constitutional right on this. It's the same scenario with the current taraba governor. He allegedly didn't participate in an inec approved primary that's why he's in trouble. It's only commonsense that they field someone who took part in the primaries,it's not cabal,it's brain work and law.
Can you quote the section of the constitution them empowers a non-election participant like Bello to benefit from a contest technically won by Audu/Faleke?

APC decision will be upturned in court! Fact!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Doosekpax(f): 10:04am On Dec 07, 2015
in Faleke's case AUDU was not yet declared winner, the election was yet to be concluded so i wonder why he is insisting that he was the governor elect.
Dahveydson:

What are you saying? How did Goodluck become president?
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 07, 2015
Pangea:
For those who are saavy in the game of politics,
what they just did was to establish a precedence!
Its also a warning to others that if the president dies,
The Vp wil not be the next president despite the constitution!

Nigerians! 15 likes! Pls can you support your claim by stating where Audu was declared governor elect before his demise to explain your ability to lead 15 nldrs into confusion?
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by emmasege: 10:18am On Dec 07, 2015
Ordinarily PDP should be the beneficiary of this fracas in the divided house of APC, if our judiciary was truly independent. But since many of the so-called judges have been bought over in the past and in the present, they've no ball to do the logical.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Bobnotrouble: 10:21am On Dec 07, 2015
Faleke, dont commit a political blunder!
Dont waste your time and resources just like pdp.
You can't be declared the Governor this way.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Missonas(f): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2015
This whole thing stinks
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by forgiveness: 10:28am On Dec 07, 2015
There are some things I can't understand:

I can't understand 25,000 is greater than 40,000.
Then, why was Audu not declared winner in the first place?

I can't understand why a constitutional recognized deputy candidate in an already won election not qualified enough to replace the diseased candidate.

Was Audu qualified to contest in the election without choosing and submitting the name of his running mate to INEC before the election as stipulated in the electoral laws?

I can't understand why a party(APC) will forcefully compel and intimidate a citizen to contest in an election against his own free will even after he has publicly rejected the offer.

Does the party believes in human rights, democracy and rule of law, or is contesting for election by force and no longer voluntarily?

I can't understand why many Nigerians will want to go against a citizen willing to express his grievances through a legitimate court of law.

Does he not have the right to seek legal means to win back his stolen mandate as Ameachi, Oshiomole, Aregbesola, etcetera did?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Mamatee07: 10:32am On Dec 07, 2015
Falake must insist in his rights, if I'm him I'll rather even be a spoiler if I can't have my rightful mandate. If Falake can prove that he had asked both the party and INEC to remove him as running mate for Bella and they refused, PDP will be able to have the election cancelled because Bella can't run for an election without a willing running mate.

Some canals are trying to cheat Falake and it mustn't be allowed
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Elxandre(m): 10:35am On Dec 07, 2015
I thought citizens voted for the candidate and not the party.
You just introduce a strange man to replace someone who was voted by the populace?

Faleke was part of the votes, and should have been crowned governor.
This Bello wasn't voted in obviously by the masses, therefore is illegitimate.
Nigeria is a very big joke.

Shocked even APC and INEC are allowing this disgrace!

The most reasonable thing anyways, would have been a total cancellation of the election.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Image123(m): 10:35am On Dec 07, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Can you quote the section of the constitution them empowers a non-election participant like Bello to benefit from a contest technically won by Audu/Faleke?

APC decision will be upturned in court! Fact!

The circumstances of the election were not contained in the Constitution. However, the electoral laws already disqualify Faleke as he didn't participate in any inec approved primaries. Bello did and came second. Faleke has no case. Audu should go to court and remain there.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by oppyworld: 10:39am On Dec 07, 2015
Anoda gbege
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Pangea: 10:39am On Dec 07, 2015
Dahveydson:

What are you saying? How did Goodluck become president?

And you think, that can happen again without a fight?
Remember the dust that was kicked when Yar adaua died?
How some northern elements said they must bring another northerner to complete his tenure?
How it took people like wole soyinka, tunde bakare and the civil societies continous protests in abuja before jonathan was released to take over?
Are we not in Nigeria again?
Are we not in a country where 16 votes is greater than 19 votes?
Are we not in a country
where normal is not normal and the constituition is only follwed when it suits?
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Mike008(m): 10:41am On Dec 07, 2015
Then he should kill himself. Ts de only way he'll remain Audu's deputy. He was meant to deputy after all.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Image123(m): 10:42am On Dec 07, 2015
Mamatee07:
Falake must insist in his rights, if I'm him I'll rather even be a spoiler if I can't have my rightful mandate. If Falake can prove that he had asked both the party and INEC to remove him as running mate for Bella and they refused, PDP will be able to have the election cancelled because Bella can't run for an election without a willing running mate.

Some canals are trying to cheat Falake and it mustn't be allowed

Actually, they are helping Faleke. He should take his half bread. If he's declared winner, the PDP will go to court and remove him on the same grounds Taraba governor is being removed. He didn't participate in the primaries and so cannot be governor.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:45am On Dec 07, 2015
I knew it!
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 07, 2015
nairamaniac:
After going thru the stress of murdering audu, they still didn't upgrade his status to Governor-Level?
Bello should watch his back.
u were there when he murdered him? undecided
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by jelal007(m): 11:19am On Dec 07, 2015
Then f**k off. After all, u were imposed on kogites remember? This man claims 2b from kogi state (ijumu l.g.a) but he has being chairman of ikeja twice, and currently house of reps member representing ikeja federal constituency in lagos state. Abeg,make we hear word.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by olanje: 11:26am On Dec 07, 2015
teeboila:
Make the guy Siddon for somewhere, when the tribunal he's heading to fall his hand he'll realise he should have accepted the deputy position offer after all the high court have already rejected his case referring him to the tribunal.
As it is now he has one or two options remaining the appeal court and the supreme court.
I have never seen a place where a deputy in an ongoing election is made a winner of the election cos of the disqualification or as the case may be demise of the principal.
Simple interpretation the bane of Nigerian self proclaim elite politicians cos i don't see the appeal court or supreme court giving a different interpretation or decision in this case.
so you've seen aplace where a candidate is been replaced in an ongoing election ryt? Nigerians and there myopic way of reasoning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Olaolufred(m): 11:30am On Dec 07, 2015
Pangea:
For those who are saavy in the game of politics,
what they just did was to establish a precedence!
Its also a warning to others that if the president dies,
The Vp wil not be the next president despite the constitution!

Your opinion above showed some limitation in comprehension.

Since Audu/Faleke ticket had not been declared winner, Faleke has no constitutional backing.

Had they been declared winner, He would have been the governor without any contest.

Next time, he will need the God of Goodluck Jonathan to help him delay the death of his boss till after they are declared winner.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Olaolufred(m): 11:34am On Dec 07, 2015
kpez:

Nigerians! 15 likes! Pls can you support your claim by stating where Audu was declared governor elect before his demise to explain your ability to lead 15 nldrs into confusion?

It means there are many dumbs on nairaland lest I say Underage children.

If they are just 15 of them, it is fair. But I am afraid more of them had only not been able to access the internet for now.

You would have seen hundreds of likes.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by ezebunafo(m): 12:22pm On Dec 07, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Aligned! Whether APC cabal like it or not, Abiodun James Faleke remains the legitimate Governor-elect of Kogi state.
pls what do the electoral constitution says about gov aspirants would be, participating in primaries? I know u are well versed unless u want to act otherwise, by knowing the truth but chose to wail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Violence Breaks Out At Ekiti APC Primary, Ballot Boxes Missing / 2023: Buhari’s Ministers Under Pressure To Resign / Why We Ignored Card Reader Reports In Election Cases – S’court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.