Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke (27326 Views)

Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper / Exclusive: APC Rejects Yahaya Bello's Deputy Choice / James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by macof(m): 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
nairamaniac:
After going thru the stress of murdering audu, they still didn't upgrade his status to Governor-Level?
Bello should watch his back.

You are big slowpoke. So a man dies, somebody must be responsible for it

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by aleshmotors: 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
U are correct
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by macof(m): 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
teeboila:
Make the guy Siddon for somewhere, when the tribunal he's heading to fall his hand he'll realise he should have accepted the deputy position offer after all the high court have already rejected his case referring him to the tribunal.
As it is now he has one or two options remaining the appeal court and the supreme court.
I have never seen a place where a deputy in an ongoing election is made a winner of the election cos of the disqualification or as the case may be demise of the principal.
Simple interpretation the bane of Nigerian self proclaim elite politicians cos i don't see the appeal court or supreme court giving a different interpretation or decision in this case.

The case here is that, Audu/Faleke already won the elections and going by the constitution Faleke should be the governor elect after the death of Audu. Inec didn't need a supplementary election

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by ril19(m): 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
BETTER A DEPUTY THAN NOTHING.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Olaolufred(m): 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
macof:

The case here is that, Audu/Faleke already won the elections and going by the constitution Faleke should be the governor elect after the death of Audu. Inec didn't need a supplementary election

Ignorance.
Who is the winner of an inconclusive election?
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by enginer050(m): 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
apc an der end tim tinx dis man say him no want be yaya belo deputy
na audu him want hmmm ok nt big dil
mak him go met audu fr grave yard naaa
my personal opinion

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by macof(m): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
Olaolufred:

Ignorance.

And what did a supplementary election achieve?

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Image123(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
Olaolufred:

Ignorance.
The election became conclusive Dec.5. You certainly didn't manage to forget that?
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by danny56: 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
No weakling will take this.....its a stolen mandate!
I love the stance of Hon. James Faleke, that is who a real man should be....never u settle for less in cases like this. Let's all see if d court will follow d same corrupt way.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Olaolufred(m): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
Image123:
The election became conclusive Dec.5. You certainly didn't manage to forget that?

Who is the Governor elect from December 5th Conclusive election? May be you could help. Thanks.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Image123(m): 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
Olaolufred:

Who is the Governor elect from December 5th Conclusive election? May be you could help. Thanks.

Yahaya Bello.
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/12/06/yahaya-bello-wins-kogi-state-governorship-election/
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
MR FALEKE SHOULD NOT SETTLE FOR LESS HOW? DID HE CONTESTED FOR GOVERNORSHIP BEFORE? HE CAME IN FOR DEPUTY I THINK? BUT APC NATIONAL CHAIRMAN, PLEASE IS FALEKE CONTESTED DURING PRIMARIES HE SHOULD BE GIVEN BUT IF NOT CASE CLOSE.
danny56:
No weakling will take this.....its a stolen mandate!
I love the stance of Hon. James Faleke, that is who a real man should be....never u settle for less in cases like this. Let's all see if d court will follow d same corrupt way.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Lakeland4321: 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Aligned! Whether APC cabal like it or not, Abiodun James Faleke remains the legitimate Governor-elect of Kogi state.
No he is not, APC won tbe election, bello came second in the primaries and automatically replaces audu because it was inconclusive. He would have been governor if it wasnt inconclusive, INEC and APC are simply taken a cue of amaechi replacing omehia in 2007 and not Boni Haruna replacing Atiku in 1999
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by teeboila(m): 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
macof:

Audu / Faleke never won any election cos the election was inconclusive,hence, no winner until supplementary election is conducted and a winner is declared.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by macof(m): 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
teeboila:
Audu / Faleke never won any election cos the election was inconclusive,hence, no winner until supplementary election is conducted and a winner is declared.
Inec didn't need a supplementary election, cus the election was already won by Audu/Faleke
A supplementary election was not needed to declare Faleke the Deputy-governor-elect, which after the death of Audu makes him the governor-elect

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by jamace(m): 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
What are the roles of a running mate in an election?
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by danny56: 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2015
guest12345:
MR FALEKE SHOULD NOT SETTLE FOR LESS HOW? DID HE CONTESTED FOR GOVERNORSHIP BEFORE? HE CAME IN FOR DEPUTY I THINK? BUT APC NATIONAL CHAIRMAN, PLEASE IS FALEKE CONTESTED DURING PRIMARIES HE SHOULD BE GIVEN BUT IF NOT CASE CLOSE.

Babe u know election has been won already before APC conspired with INEC making it inconclusive?... Yahaya Bellow's vote make no meaning to d previous votes. Hon Faleke was right when he asked INEC to declear him winner that there no need for supplementary election and it has shown now...!
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by Image123(m): 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
macof:

Inec didn't need a supplementary election, cus the election was already won by Audu/Faleke
A supplementary election was not needed to declare Faleke the Deputy-governor-elect, which after the death of Audu makes him the governor-elect

Some about 50,000 votes were cancelled in some 91 polling units,how did you miss that? It is those units that held a supplementary election.
Re: I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke by teeboila(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2015
macof:

Audu/Faleke never won any election.

The election contested between Audu/Faleke and Wada was inconclusive(no winner) because the margin by which Audu / Faleke were leading with was 41,000 and the number of registered voter in the pending polling units was 49,000 but the number of people with PVC in the polling units is 25,000 but inec and Nigeria electoral act does not recognise PVC otherwise it'll be we're conducting an electronic voting(which is not permitted in our constitution yet) as a result in the eye of our constitution Wada still has a chance to win the election because 49,000 is more than 41,000.

If following our constitution Wada can still win the election by winning the supplementary election how then can you say Audu / Faleke has won the election?

The term 'inconclusive' concludes the whole case as the election is determine to be inconclusive it means there is yet to be a winner and Faleke proclaiming himself as Governor elect is a fallacy. how can he call himself governor elect of an inconclusive election it's very clear the guy has lost the case before even going to court.

Come to think of it nobody cast their vote for a candidate(or is there any candidate name on ballot papers) so the vote cast belongs to the party until a candidate is sworn in to take over the party's winning vote (having duly won the party primary election) and Bello is the winner because the leading candidate is no more,hence,the runner up automatically becomes the winner because there is no provision for a new election to be conducted.

I'm not Bello Yahaya's lawyer but i know that Faleke case lack merit neither that of Wada so i just don't see Bello been unseated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: Rauf Olaniyan Joins Protest, Says He Was A Victim / EFCC Gets Petition Against Jonathan Over Arms Deal / Damaged Electric Pole At Arab Traffic Utako, Abuja: Awaiting Disaster (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.