Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,764 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros (2364 Views)

Game Of Thrones: The Bitter Sweet Ending Actually Predocted / Who's Winning Westeros? Beware The Night King Before 'game Of Thrones' Season 8 / Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 07, 2015
The only force harsher than the winds of winter in Westeros are the wicked men and women wreaking havoc upon both the land and also one another. From "noble" lords and ladies, to ambitious manipulators from unassuming origins, all the way through supernatural entities fueled by death and destruction, the following Game of Thrones villains all have one thing in common: Absolute ruthlessness when it comes to meeting their goals.

10. The Night's King

Technically, the commanding force behind the White Walker horde has not reached Westeros yet, but his arrival feels imminent.

First introduced at the end of season four's "Oathkeeper," turning an innocent infant into an ice-eyed monster with the tip of his finger, the Night's King (Richard Brake) made his mark even more well known in the heat of "Hardhome," the season five coming-out-party for his unstoppable force of cold-blooded killers.

His motivation remains enigmatic, but his goal to wipe out mankind seems crystal clear. For anyone unsure of the meaning, look no further than his wide-armed expression at the end of "Hardhome," all but spelling out four words: "Come at me, Snow."

9. Melisandre

The Red Priestess of Asshai (Carice Van Houten) remains one of the most morally ambiguous forces on Game of Thrones, seemingly dedicated to putting the right man on the Iron Throne, but working toward her goals through unfathomably cruelty.

Killing Renly Baratheon via shadow magic was once her greatest offense, right up until she burned her lord and lover Stannis' daughter Shireen at the stake, sure that Shireen's royal blood would pave the way for victory in an impending battle against the Boltons.

For now, Melisandre's fanatic devotion to saving the Seven Kingdoms from unforeseen darkness has done more harm than good — but if she winds up bringing Jon Snow back from the dead, all will be forgiven. Well, most will be forgiven.

8. Ramsay Bolton

South of the Wall but still in the North, House Bolton commands the land with ruthless efficiency — emphasis on "ruthless."

The Bastard of Bolton (Iwan Rheon) is a particular brand of basket case, flaying enemies with reckless abandon, and slowly mutilating and torturing prisoners until they become his unwaveringly loyal slaves. What Game of Thrones lost in Joffrey, it more than measured up with Ramsay's uniquely awful proclivities, making him one of the show's most vicious human villains through five seasons.

7. Roose Bolton

Ramsay's father Roose (Michael McElhatton) isn't as aimlessly evil as his son, but his calculated and cold-blooded nature sends shivers up thespine all the same.

He served as one of Robb Stark's most trusted advisors for months and months of war, only to stab the King in the North figuratively in the back and literally through the heart at what should have been a celebratory occasion.

Apparently, the total loss of honor and dignity is a small price to pay for winning the coveted title of Warden of the North — a testament to Roose's callous cunning, and his readiness to raze anyone blocking his path toward a higher station.

6. Walder Frey

"I'll find another."

The way Walder Frey (David Bradley) casually dismisses the life of his new wife during the infamous Red Wedding speaks to the rot inside his heart. The ruler of The Twins, one of the most important regions in Westeros, doesn't care about the frailty of human existence; all he cares about are the primal pleasures and financial profits lining his pockets.

If old age doesn't catch up with him first, it won't be long before some Stark or another takes him down. After all, the North remembers.

5. High Sparrow

He feeds the poor, walks the streets on his bare feet, and finds other similarly humble means of serving the people… until he disagrees with their moral values, at which point he rounds the people up and locks them away forever, if not worse.

Cersei Lannister learned the true horrors behind High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce) the hard way, thinking she could use the pious holy man as a weapon in her war against the Tyrells. It turns out that the new High Septon of King's Landing bows for no man or woman, operating on his own agenda instead.

With his Faith Militant fully armed and seemingly positioned to control King's Landing, it's anyone's guess as how he'll dole out punishment in the season ahead.

4. Gregor Clegane

The so-called 'Mountain That Rides' is known throughout the Seven Kingdoms as one of the most brutal murderers in all the land, and the reputation is well-earned.

Back in season one, Clegane cleaved the head off of a horse for no other reason than pure rage. In season four, he squeezed the brains out of Oberyn Martell's skull, a "finishing move" he
executed against Martell's own sister many years earlier.

The Mountain supposedly died from wounds inflicted by the Red Viper, but the recent debut of the hulking mute Robert Strong indicates that Clegane is still around, and more monstrous than ever.

3. Maester Qyburn

Little is known about Qyburn (Anton Lesser), one of Cersei Lannister's newest and most trusted advisors — but what we do know is utterly horrifying.

It seems that Qyburn is the man responsible from bringing the Mountain back from the brink of death, if not completely reversing the warrior's fatal condition. If the act itself wasn't enough to send shivers down your spine, his unashamed glee at the prospect should do the trick... as should his unwavering loyalty to the mischievous Cersei Lannister.

2. Littlefinger

Of all the puppeteers pulling the political strings in Westeros, no one is quite as unsettling as Petyr Baelish (Aidan Gillen).

The smirking schemer thrives on chaos, wielding it as a ladder to get from one platform to the next. What does he want? Everything. How's he going to get it? By any means necessary. Though his path toward total domination over Westeros remains rather murky, his successful climb thus far indicates that he won't stop until he reaches the highest of heights, or falls trying.

1. House Lannister

How do you choose just one? There's the late Prince Joffrey (Jack Gleeson), who escalated rivalries between houses into full-blown war by publicly executing House Stark's patriarch, and riddled prostitutes with crossbow bolts in his spare time. He was so vicious that he was outright assassinated at his own wedding; never has a poisoned cup of wine ever tasted so sweet.

There's Tywin (Charles Dance), the Hand of the King who ruled Westeros with an iron fist, slaying Starks at wedding feasts without ever losing an ounce of sleep, until he himself was slain.

Then there's his children, Cersei (Lena Headey) and Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), siblings and lovers who have committed unspeakable atrocities in the name of their family; and before anyone starts crowing about Jaime's recent redemption arc, let's not forget about the time he pushed a kid out of a window.

Even Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) boats a bit of the family flaw. Yes, he saved King's Landing during the Battle of Blackwater, but he also murdered his ex-girlfriend and his Father in a fit of rage. It goes to show that even the most sympathetic heroes have a touch of darkness — which must mean even the darkest villains have some measure of gold in their hearts, right?

Source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 07, 2015
Season 5 will be out in April.
Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by PRYCE(m): 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2015
I hate that Ramsey Bolton ehh!....

And I miss THE HOUND! cool cool

Lalasticlala Nah!....

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
PRYCE:

And I miss THE HOUND! cool cool

You mean the one that got bested by a woman? grin
Besides, he wasn't really a villain to begin with.
Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by segunjowo(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
lord baelish is the devil. never trust him.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
segunjowo:
lord baelish is the devil. never trust him.

He's cunning, ruthless, and smart. I kinda like him. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by richieroxy(f): 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
little Finger remains my favourite villian
Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by newguy1(m): 9:30am On Dec 09, 2015
Ramsey all the way but for brilliancy i will go for tyrion

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ramsey capacity for cruelty is unequalled.
Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 27, 2016
It will be quite a spectacular watching all this villains strut their respective stuffs this present season.
Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by pamcode(m): 11:47am On Apr 28, 2016
That ramsay is my most hated cant wait to see his manhood parted from him. Then flayed alive
Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
pamcode:
That ramsay is my most hated cant wait to see his manhood parted from him. Then flayed alive

Hehehe

Easy, guy. grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
Baelish??

*scoffs*

angry grin
Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by blackjack21(m): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
koice:

Lord Bielish and Tyrion are my favorite , mybe Arya stark too.
Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by blackjack21(m): 8:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
koice:

Jon snow, Lord Bielish and Tyrion are my favorite , mybe Arya stark too.

I was very angry when they killed Jon Snow. if the red woman brings him back she may have control over him and that wont be sweet to me cos I dislike her.

vlar morghulis.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by pamcode(m): 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
koice:

Hehehe

Easy, guy. grin
lol bro na the manner in which he dey burn people dey vex me. The only place i could say he did something i like was when he burnt the iron born that killed his captain when theon brought the letter
Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 29, 2016
blackjack21:

Jon snow, Lord Bielish and Tyrion are my favorite , mybe Arya stark too.

I was very angry when they killed Jon Snow. if the red woman brings him back she may have control over him and that wont be sweet to me cos I dislike her.

vlar morghulis.

A man doesn't mind as Jon Snow would live to serve again. A man is grateful. smiley

Valar Dohaeris.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 29, 2016
pamcode:
lol bro na the manner in which he dey burn people dey vex me. The only place i could say he did something i like was when he burnt the iron born that killed his captain when theon brought the letter

I get you, but killing him now wouldn't be ideal. Maybe much later in the series, but right now, Ramsey's special brand of evil and what it breeds for the show cannot be questioned - it's that important.
Re: Game Of Thrones: The 10 Most Ruthless Villains In Westeros by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 20, 2019
FUĆK YOU GEORGE R. R. MARTIN FOR RUINING GOT.
FUĆK GAME OF THRONES! angry

(1) (Reply)

Jenifa's Diary Season 5 Episode 11 Featuring Tiwa Savage / Star Mega Jam: Who Do You Want This Year 2007? / Mission Impossible 4: Brad Pitt To Replace Tom Cruise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.