Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS (57325 Views)

OEAS Petitions European Union On Biafra Independence / REFERENDUM : All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria. PM NEWS. / Biafra: OEAS Demands Snap Referendum Winthin 90 Days (letter attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by EasternPride: 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
lezz:
don't sweat it, Biafra is a mere political agitation for political relevance and concession. After the success of Opc and mend, and now bokoharam in drawing national attention to their political destitution, I was surprised it took this long for the East to come up with this.

I don't see Biafra coming off, that ship ain't sailing even if River state gives it access to the Atlantic. it will end in our history books as a failed attempt at political revisionism.

You tried, but still you didn't really make sense.

3 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by lezz(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
EasternPride:

You tried, but still you didn't really make sense.
Coming from you I'll take it as a complement. Reality often doesn't have much appeal.

1 Like

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Dragonking: 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
lezz:
don't sweat it, Biafra is a mere political agitation for political relevance and concession. After the success of Opc and mend, and now bokoharam in drawing national attention to their political destitution, I was surprised it took this long for the East to come up with this.

I don't see Biafra coming off, that ship ain't sailing even if River state gives it access to the Atlantic. it will end in our history books as a failed attempt at political revisionism.
Thanks Lezz.
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by lezz(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dragonking:
Thanks Lezz.
you're welcome, bro.
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Tequilah: 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
lezz:
Coming from you I'll take it as a complement. Reality often doesn't have much appeal.

Classic response!! cool Chisos, I love this! cheesy
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by lezz(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Classic response!! cool Chisos, I love this! cheesy
Thank you,bro.

1 Like

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by nisai: 5:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
lezz:
lezz my oga,hope you are keeping well bro?Biafra is coming or what do you think? grin grin grin
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by lezz(m): 7:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
nisai:
lezz my oga,hope you are keeping well bro?Biafra is coming or what do you think? grin grin grin
I am well brother. Other than the scorching harmattan, I'm enjoying life.

I'm sorry but Biafra lacks sincerity. If the struggle is to take advantage of the ultra-aggressive and often violent trend set by OPC, MEND and recently, Boko haram, it might have a degree of success- i.e , get the attention of the federal government, get an Igbo leader either the vice presidency or even the presidency itself, it could happen. But at what expense?

The Igbo society is structured like no other in Nigeria, a mend/bokoram kind of campaign will plunge the east into land of waste and chaos. Perhaps, the OPC system might work better where, in the West ,it proved to be sophisticated and suffered less damage.
This account is all based on the assumptions that igbos want a better political relationship in Nigeria and don't want out of the union.

On the chances of Biafra seceding, the chances are slim, not so much as the objection of Abuja, but by the very physical structure and cultural make-up of the peoples involved and as much as the plan that is setup.

By physical structure, I mean the geographical space as constituted in the map of Biafra. Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross-river, Akwa-ibom etc, these are the inclusive states to be conflated into Biafra. Has any referendum be carried to seek the will of these diverse people?
There are considerable Igbo groups in Delta and Rivers states, but does political affiliation rely on tribe absolutely ?

A Biafra without Rivers or Delta states with access to the sea is landlocked in between Nigeria and whatever political identity the southern region will be known by. Or worse, it will be sandwiched in between Nigeria like Lesotho is to South Africa. We don't need socio-economic and political crash courses to know the implications.

By cultural make-up, I refer to the peoples that will people the proposed Biafra nation. The idea of a united Niger-delta speaking with one voice is misleading. The Niger-delta is as diveresed as the middle-belt and lacks unanimous consensus in most political matters.

The Igbo's great zeal for entrepreneurship, itinerancy and cultural blending is another mitigating factor. They run the macro and micro and import business economy of Nigeria.

What is the opinion of the Igbo business class on Biafra? Misinformed, and stark illiterate youths are not adequate feelers of the people's consent on Biafra.

I don't intent to make this long.....but there's no problem with Nigeria, just the mindsets of the people in Nigeria.

Change the mindset and change the political structuring and it could be a better place.

Breaking up into tiny bits with the same mindset will only produce the problems that occasioned the very first splitting.

Only by that time, we might be worrying about external invasion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by shegra58: 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
great664:
Lol, read my post again and understand that I . Didn't base it on OEAS or any org, I was just sharing my views on hoow buhari made the agitation stronger by claiming to marginilize the . 5% and how the biafra dream can be delayed but not changed.

From your heart do you think nigeria is a country or its just a settlement of diffrent tribe wwho occupy this territory ?

A country that cannot bbuild a functional refinery yet keep closing functional ones as illegal ones. A joke to . Other countries
well there's no country in the world that don't have more than a tribe,and about the issue of actualizing biafra it may not be possible and my reason is that it's not a real rather just a way of distabilising the current government because throughout GEJ regime i've never heard anything like this so this is one of the reason it's not been taking serious from any important international organisation community,secondly igbo lack corporation for example when Ojukwu was alive he founded APGA and went ahead to contest for the post of senator in his constituence which he eventually lost to PDP because everyone is fighting for his/her own pocket,and that's the reason why most people from south-south denounce this biafra struggle cos they came to realise that Dokubo and Tompolo use the same tactics to enrich themself and which is the same thing Nnamadi Kanu is doing let's be wise up this agitation is not real and if it's not real it will never come to pass..it's a good thing if biafra can come to pass at least job opportunity will be in nigeria cos every working biafra in nigeria will be deported back to biafra and replace with Nigerian and I don't think biafra can even survive for 5yrs becos no country can survive without resources and the oil I think belong to South-South,no wharf or port of entry cos there's no ocean but rivers. So the chance of biafra surviving is very slim grin grin na Joke I dey joke oo
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by nisai: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2015
lezz:
I am well brother. Other than the scorching harmattan, I'm enjoying life.

I'm sorry but Biafra lacks sincerity. If the struggle is to take advantage of the ultra-aggressive and often violent trend set by OPC, MEND and recently, Boko haram, it might have a degree of success- i.e , get the attention of the federal government, get an Igbo leader either the vice presidency or even the presidency itself, it could happen. But at what expense?

The Igbo society is structured like no other in Nigeria, a mend/bokoram kind of campaign will plunge the east into land of waste and chaos. Perhaps, the OPC system might work better where, in the West ,it proved to be sophisticated and suffered less damage.
This account is all based on the assumptions that igbos want a better political relationship in Nigeria and don't want out of the union.

On the chances of Biafra seceding, the chances are slim, not so much as the objection of Abuja, but by the very physical structure and cultural make-up of the peoples involved and as much as the plan that is setup.

By physical structure, I mean the geographical space as constituted in the map of Biafra. Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross-river, Akwa-ibom etc, these are the inclusive states to be conflated into Biafra. Has any referendum be carried to seek the will of these diverse people?
There are considerable Igbo groups in Delta and Rivers states, but does political affiliation rely on tribe absolutely ?

A Biafra without Rivers or Delta states with access to the sea is landlocked in between Nigeria and whatever political identity the southern region will be known by. Or worse, it will be sandwiched in between Nigeria like Lesotho is to South Africa. We don't need socio-economic and political crash courses to know the implications.

By cultural make-up, I refer to the peoples that will people the proposed Biafra nation. The idea of a united Niger-delta speaking with one voice is misleading. The Niger-delta is as diveresed as the middle-belt and lacks unanimous consensus in most political matters.

The Igbo's great zeal for entrepreneurship, itinerancy and cultural blending is another mitigating factor. They run the macro and micro and import business economy of Nigeria.

What is the opinion of the Igbo business class on Biafra? Misinformed, and stark illiterate youths are not adequate feelers of the people's consent on Biafra.

I don't intent to make this long.....but there's no problem with Nigeria, just the mindsets of the people in Nigeria.

Change the mindset and change the political structuring and it could be a better place.

Breaking up into tiny bits with the same mindset will only produce the problems that occasioned the very first splitting.

Only by that time, we might be worrying about external invasion.
Hmmm you got me schooled,thanks my brother from another tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
lezz:

I'm sorry but Biafra lacks sincerity.

The way some black people reason, makes me shudder at times. Some white man, came into a geographical expression and decided that in the business interest of his country Britain, he would merge the different ethnic groups there together and call them Nigerians. Yet, you have some supposedly intelligent black people claiming that a country that was not formed to benefit the growth of her citizens, must remain one. Damn! Have some of you asked yourselves, why countries in Europe are so fragmented that the population of Anambra alone is bigger than some of them? A country made up of people who have completely different ideologies and values can never have patriotic citizens and thus, can never progress.
Who does not know that the only thing holding Nigeria together is oil? Is there any love among Nigerians? The hatred the Hausas and Yorubas have for the Igbo man is second to none. Which sane Igbo man will be happy to remain in a country where the blood of innocent Biafrans is consistently used to water her unity?
Finally, y'all are always fond of referring to those of us agitating for a nation we can call our own as miscreants, yet I've never heard any of you refer to the Catalonians or Scots in such derogatory terms. Why do black people never value their own that are trying to make a change for the better? You believe that because it looks impossible to achieve Biafra, we should continue living as 2nd class citizens in Nigeria. With the mindset of people like you, slavery would have never ended in America today.

5 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by lezz(m): 12:54am On Dec 10, 2015
nwanlecha:

The way some black people reason, makes me shudder at times. Some white man, came into a geographical expression and decided that in the business interest of his country Britain, he would merge the different ethnic groups there together and call them Nigerians. Yet, you have some supposedly intelligent black people claiming that a country that was not formed to benefit the growth of her citizens, must remain one.
Do not allow the Britsh bear the entire burden of blame. Nigeria had her chance like Tanzania and her neighbouring country as did India , Pakistan and Bangladesh. These countries split apart after independence from Great Britain. Our leaders, Great Zik and co opted to keep the union. Share the blame now, will you ?
nwanlecha:

Damn! Have some of you asked yourselves, why countries in Europe are so fragmented that the population of Anambra alone is bigger than some of them?
These european countries like Denmark, finland etc see beyond race, tribe and creed. Within african tribe they still differentiate and look for pure breed. You don't want a pointer to the condescension you feel for Abakiliki or Nsuka or the superiority battle between Anambra and Imo. Or the polluted Igbo-ness of Anioma and Rivers Igbos.
nwanlecha:

A country made up of people who have completely different ideologies and values can never have patriotic citizens and thus, can never progress.
The united states, Britain, Canada, to a certain extent France all have diveresed citizens and culture and values. The united states after the 13 founding colonies of the UK is virtually made up of all of western Europe and later the entire world. There are many more examples.
nwanlecha:

Who does not know that the only thing holding Nigeria together is oil?
That's untrue. Oil was founded much later after independence.
nwanlecha:

Is there any love among Nigerians? The hatred the Hausas and Yorubas have for the Igbo man is second to none. Which sane Igbo man will be happy to remain in a country where the blood of innocent Biafrans is consistently used to water her unity?
That's playing to the gallery of emotions and sentiments. Be careful, don't incite violence and stir the readers.
nwanlecha:

Finally, y'all are always fond of referring to those of us agitating for a nation we can call our own as miscreants, yet I've never heard any of you refer to the Catalonians or Scots in such derogatory terms. Why do black people never value their own that are trying to make a change for the better?
The scots and the Catalonians went about in a referendum in the pusuit of secession. What referendum has biafran proponents embarked? What is the proposed biafran map? Are the people of Niger-delta ready to go with you? Inciting violence and hate on radio is criminal and cowardly.After a referendum, the people of Scotland voted to remain in the UK. Let Biafra carry a referendum. The demonstration of social rascality by jobless youths who can't even spell Kalu isn't a referendum
nwanlecha:

You believe that because it looks impossible to achieve Biafra, we should continue living as 2nd class citizens in Nigeria. With the mindset of people like you, slavery would have never ended in America today.

Igbos aren't and don't live like 2nd class citizens. While the rest of Nigeria will learn tenacity, entrepreneurship and industriousness from Igbos, Igbos should learn political maturity, cohesion and moderation from most tribes in Nigeria.

The way you heated the polity in the senate during Obasanjor's tenure was sheer disaster. You lack leadership and it's a cultural thing which carries its advantages and disadvantages.

And why the heck is it always youth mapping the path of secession? Where are your elders?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 10, 2015
@Lezz, I don't know if you're simply ignorant or you're just being mischievous. I think the latter is the case though, so I'm not gonna indulge you. Just do you as a Nigerian & allow us Biafrans to pursue our destiny ok?
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by lezz(m): 1:27am On Dec 10, 2015
nwanlecha:
@Le.zz, I don't know if you're simply ignorant or you're just being mischievous. I think the latter is the case though, so I'm not gonna indulge you. Just do you as a Nigerian & allow us Biafrans to pursue our destiny ok?
How can I afford to be mischievous over a matter so grave as the life of my country?

I am being sincere and I cannot leave the Biafra matter alone. I am from Delta state and your role model is proposing to make me a Biafran without my consent sought directly or by proxy. That is being mischievous ,miss.

Realism hurts, emotions are fantasies. Biafra is doomed from birth, flawed in structure and assimilation. If the 5 Eastern states go it alone, they'll be sandwiched in the middle by Nigeria. That will be economic suicide and social neocolonialism.

What you should be proposing is a true federal political structuring where the powers of Abuja will be limited and the states can atract their own FDI and revenue. just like 1960 to 66 before Ironsi (R.I.P) destroyed that plan with a unitary system that gave Abuja all the powers.

If you get your Biafra with the same mindset of the people it will be a mini Nigeria; same problems.

Kanu knows this, and he's playing to political concessions not secession. Wanna bet?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by great664(m): 7:05am On Dec 10, 2015
shegra58:
well there's no country in the world that don't have more than a tribe,and about the issue of actualizing biafra it may not be possible and my reason is that it's not a real rather just a way of distabilising the current government because throughout GEJ regime i've never heard anything like this so this is one of the reason it's not been taking serious from any important international organisation community,secondly igbo lack corporation for example when Ojukwu was alive he founded APGA and went ahead to contest for the post of senator in his constituence which he eventually lost to PDP because everyone is fighting for his/her own pocket,and that's the reason why most people from south-south denounce this biafra struggle cos they came to realise that Dokubo and Tompolo use the same tactics to enrich themself and which is the same thing Nnamadi Kanu is doing let's be wise up this agitation is not real and if it's not real it will never come to pass..it's a good thing if biafra can come to pass at least job opportunity will be in nigeria cos every working biafra in nigeria will be deported back to biafra and replace with Nigerian and I don't think biafra can even survive for 5yrs becos no country can survive without resources and the oil I think belong to South-South,no wharf or port of entry cos there's no ocean but rivers. So the chance of biafra surviving is very slim grin grin na Joke I dey joke oo
coward spotted**

you've argued your point but end up saying its a joke, are u from where the "sunset"? the tiger tribe zone?

The agitation was on even before GEJ, Yaradua and GEJ ignore them totally but bubu wants yo show he is a dictator by interfering and that makes the agitation popular and stronger, firstly by trying to Jam the station many times and failed and by arresting KANU

Ojuku contested for Presidency not senator, get your facts right! Do you think vote from the SE or SS alone will make him win? what about winning at least 21states as in the constitution, will a Yoruba or hausa man vote Ojukwu to make up the state?

You are saying Biafra won't succeed? is it not better to allow them to go and surfer to serve as a lesson to others? Pls when referendum comes vote for them to go and suffer, Switzerland is a landlocked country with no port or sea yet it is a very rich and peaceful country in Europe, leave us even if its just to swim in the river it will be OK.

They have no oil but have the intellect to do things that will make you beg to give them oil, Nigeria have oil in many cities yet are the major importer of refined oil, is that not stupidnesss . My friend don't pity us, Biafra's will suffer and not good, they cause nuisance everywhere yet you get heart ache when they mentioned going
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by shegra58: 1:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
great664:
coward spotted**

you've argued your point but end up saying its a joke, are u from where the "sunset"? the tiger tribe zone?

The agitation was on even before GEJ, Yaradua and GEJ ignore them totally but bubu wants yo show he is a dictator by interfering and that makes the agitation popular and stronger, firstly by trying to Jam the station many times and failed and by arresting KANU

Ojuku contested for Presidency not senator, get your facts right! Do you think vote from the SE or SS alone will make him win? what about winning at least 21states as in the constitution, will a Yoruba or hausa man vote Ojukwu to make up the state?

You are saying Biafra won't succeed? is it not better to allow them to go and surfer to serve as a lesson to others? Pls when referendum comes vote for them to go and suffer, Switzerland is a landlocked country with no port or sea yet it is a very rich and peaceful country in Europe, leave us even if its just to swim in the river it will be OK.

They have no oil but have the intellect to do things that will make you beg to give them oil, Nigeria have oil in many cities yet are the major importer of refined oil, is that not stupidnesss . My friend don't pity us, Biafra's will suffer and not good, they cause nuisance everywhere yet you get heart ache when they mentioned going

by saying I am joking simply mean I'm trying to play maturity cos I have anything to hold up against an online slowpoke like u,u are here on nairaland just saying what will never come to pass..Most igbo always regard yoruba as coward Abiola die in prison cos he refuse to give his mandatory to Abacha,Ken saro wiwa die for the struggle of Ogoni kingdom that's what hero do.while ojukwu run into exile during the civil war oh boy that's what they called COWARDNESS....well biafra will never die because it's just an ideal and nobody can kill an ideal u can just kill the owner of the ideal that was why more than a million igbo die during the civil war....#saynotobiafrauditsdeadlythanHIV#
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Jobneeded12: 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
This people can live in Fantasy world
Should any part of Nigeria the entire entity will dissolve.
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 11, 2015
Viktorlaw:

who cares as far as am concern i will never be ruled by an igbo man period.
but an Igbo man is ruling you in delta state now ... Ifeanyi okowa

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US / BBC Describes Current PDP Crisis In Nigeria(photo) / Obasanjo Arrives In Zimbabwe For The Burial Of Robert Mugabe (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.