Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? (17116 Views)

Easiest Way To Schedule Text Messages To Send At A Later Date / With New Data Prices, The FG Wants Us To Start Sending Text Messages Again / How To Retrieve Deleted Text Messages On Android (working Method) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
You know it's end time when Kachisbarbie spells iAmCharis as Acharis. sad

In the last 6 months, I think I've sent an sms just once and it was because I called several times but the owner of the phone didn't pick up and I needed to explain certain things to him.

If I call twice and you don't pick up, I'll wait and call back in maybe two or three hours time. Depending on the urgency. If it's not important, I won't call back. Sms is just not my thing. The only condition that'll warrant me sending an sms is if I want to communicate something important to you and you bounce my call, an sms will follow.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
iAmCharis:
You know it's end time when Kachisbarbie spells iAmCharis as Acharis. sad

In the last 6 months, I think I've sent an sms just once and it was because I called several times but the owner of the phone didn't pick up and I needed to explain certain things to him.

If I call twice and you don't pick up, I'll wait and call back in maybe two or three hours time. Depending on the urgency. If it's not important, I won't call back. Sms is just not my thing. The only condition that'll warrant me sending an sms is if I want to communicate something important to you and you bounce my call, an sms will follow.

lols.
I am so clumsy these days... anything I call you, just answer...you hear?
Learn to send sms, it doesn't kill. My brother once said, he would never put my number on any travel manifest, because I hate picking (strange) calls. Hahahahaha
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Xhaka(m): 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
Depends on the type of phone you're using
You'll love to text with iphone, Phantom5, bb priv and some other good phones tongue
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by BreezyRita(f): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
Who doesn't hate those kinda calls?? Can't say I'm not guilty though. :

Usually, if I call someone twice or thrice and there's no response, I stop. (May call back later or not) I hate having the feeling that someone is ignoring my call.
SMS? I can't remember the last time I sent that.
IMs? Yes.
Calls? Not so much

I see no reason why anyone would keep calling when they've received a text from you undecided
Me? I'll just turn the annoying thing off!

Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2016
Op I dunno for em but I know I enjoy texting. smiley
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by aikeron: 10:48am On Jun 02, 2016
There are classified info or self-implicating messages u shouldn't pass across via text messaging or mails cuz they may serve as exhibits against you in the future. You never can tell. Just make the damn call till they pick.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by MadCow1: 10:48am On Jun 02, 2016
I generally don't like Text Messages..

They leave evidence that is traceable and undeniable.

Like I have told all my side biitches, DO NOT TEXT ME... Thats a 'Break-up" offense. angry Call me once. If I don't answer, it means I can speak to you right now. DO NOT REDIAL. angry

I also hate when people use text messaging to ask me for money. I receive these text messages and i just ignore them. If you need my money, you better call me.

I also will not call you if you send me a "Please Call Me" message. Especially if you are not family.
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by AmAlbert(m): 10:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Well for me it still an important aspect of my communication, let's say maybe cos the call tariff in this country is seriously alarming, but naturally I prefer sms to Instant messaging, with it I air my mind more than I would on a voice call
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
[i][/i]

My angst is with folks that call from Nigeria and don't leave a voice mail sad
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by adejaresalami1(m): 10:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Beacuse sms no fit epp sadunlike calls wey person go understand the kind mood wey you dey
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Femich18(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

I understand the above, but when the person is indisposed_ why not drop a message? He/she would call back as at when due.

The emboldened is very funny. You have any proof?
I tire o...deaf and dumb indeed
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 02, 2016
It takes a lot of my time. I prefer calling instead...
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nicolars(m): 10:53am On Jun 02, 2016
Took half a year 4 diz to gt to FP
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by adejaresalami1(m): 10:54am On Jun 02, 2016
MadCow1:
I generally don't like Text Messages..

They leave evidence that is traceable and undeniable.

Like I have told all my side biitches, DO NOT TEXT ME... Thats a 'Break-up" offense. angry Call me once. If I don't answer, it means I can speak to you right now. DO NOT REDIAL. angry

I also hate when people use text messaging to ask me for money. I receive these text messages and i just ignore them. If you need my money, you better call me.

I also will not call you if you send me a "Please Call Me" message. Especially if you are not family.

madcow...who will ever call someone with that kinda nick grin grin
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Femich18(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Growing up, I have learnt that calling a particular number twice without getting a response indicates that the receiver is busy or indisposed, and at such, a text message should follow immediately..

Why should I continue calling someone who has refused to take his/her calls at the moment, when every hand set has an 'SMS feature?'

Funnily, I barely call grin, save the matter is very critical.. Since the invent of WhatsApp and BBM, making calls have been a herculean task..

Reasons why a caller keeps calling even after the receiver sends a message:

• Matter of urgency: Yeah!! Sometimes, the urgency @ which a message should be delivered continually gives the caller an edge to call, irrespective of your been busy or not..
An example is a person you gave an invitation to your office, house etc, and along the line, you got busy.. The person, being a first timer continually needs you on the phone for a better direction.. An SMS at this point is worthless cheesy..

• Verification of an info: Most peeps continually call to verify an info, especially in a do or die affair grin.. Your been busy matters little to them until you have heard them out..

• To gossip or to report a case that was physically seen/witnessed: Gossips are better done verbally grin.. You hear peeps say, 'Babe oo.. Wait make I call you.. This tory too long to type..'

You nailed it totally...I owe you 2wraps...
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Checked86: 11:00am On Jun 02, 2016
With the way our network providers are sending messages to their subscribers, I doubt if it is ideal to text somebody when it is an urgent issue. These are my own method: 1#. I call people when I need to hear you and understand something or sound you out on some important issue. 2# I send you text message if I want to thank you for something. I don't use watsapp or bbm to thank somebody. This is only if you are my peer. If you are not, I will first call you and follow it up with thank you text message. Call is good. I could remember back then in school when I missed an impromptu lecture and I was very angry with my room mate who doubled as my course mate because he attended the class. When I asked why he didn't make an effort to contact me, he told me that he texted me and I should check my message inbox. I had about 4 unread messages and his own was one of them.
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 02, 2016
Voice calls for me are a faster way to get my point across and it's also more personal and shows your value in my life texts are cool but very informal for me.

Clients I call if they request a text instead I will send ...people are different and adapting is worth it in today's business climate
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by bodmas119(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2016
none of d above pls.
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by dannyben5: 11:09am On Jun 02, 2016
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by buksaylor001: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2016
Winna01:
well, i dont know about you guys but i prefer text messaging.

Broke up with my fiancee because she can't reply text messages,sent her one and couldn't get a reply.I refused calling waiting for her to reply,she called and I refused picking because I want to get her used to texting but she still couldn't reply-stalemate up till now,getting to two months.She didn't reply and I refused to pick her call till she sends the text-
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nusaf: 11:15am On Jun 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

I understand the above, but when the person is indisposed_ why not drop a message? He/she would call back as at when due.

The emboldened is very funny. You have any proof?
Which proof do u still need? Is it not obvious?
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Odunharry(m): 11:16am On Jun 02, 2016
TheRealAdonye:
How I contact someone, Ideally.
1. Phone Call 2. Text Message 3. BBM, Whatsapp
Almost same as me but text messages comes last
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 02, 2016
I prefer sending test to call but they will never reply....*..*
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by EmmaCSi(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
[i][/i]

Mehn, I love Sending Text messages, Phone Ethics says when you call a person twice and there is no response, Do a Text, either ways, the person would see that, Affair-Wise, I am obsessed with Sms to my babe more than Calls, makes me Expressive with my words, and in her down times, she could read through and Smile again. Nigerians Though!! They can Chat 24/7, Buh can't send a Simple Text
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2016
Haha when I saw the thread on fb, the first thought that came to my mind was Kachisbarbie not knowing it's her thread sef. grin
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 02, 2016
i have sealed business deals with chats on whatapp, from many client who didn't even know me, and we never spoke before and after the deal.
#notinthousandsbutin6digits #notonce

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Rexnegro(m): 11:46am On Jun 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
[i][/i]
we Have a poor reading And writing in Nigeria ever since phones came in. Moreso op most Nigerians feel since call is relatively cheap now to place a calls is much more stress less to texting.
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by bellville: 11:51am On Jun 02, 2016
aikeron:
There are classified info or self-implicating messages u shouldn't pass across via text messaging or mails cuz they may serve as exhibits against you in the future. You never can tell. Just make the damn call till they pick.
That is why I hardly send sms. I also scrutinise every mail before clicking "send". I've seen where text messages were actually printed out and used against the sender.
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by Ladycloud(f): 11:52am On Jun 02, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Growing up, I have learnt that calling a particular number twice without getting a response indicates that the receiver is busy or indisposed, and at such, a text message should follow immediately..

Why should I continue calling someone who has refused to take his/her calls at the moment, when every hand set has an 'SMS feature?'

Funnily, I barely call grin, save the matter is very critical.. Since the invent of WhatsApp and BBM, making calls have been a herculean task..

• Matter of urgency: Yeah!! Sometimes, the urgency @ which a message should be delivered continually gives the caller an edge to call, irrespective of your been busy or not..
An example is a person you gave an invitation to your office, house etc, and along the line, you got busy.. The person, being a first timer continually needs you on the phone for a better direction.. An SMS at this point is worthless cheesy..

• Verification of an info: Most peeps continually call to verify an info, especially in a do or die affair grin.. Your been busy matters little to them until you have heard them out..

• To gossip or to report a case that was physically seen/witnessed: Gossips are better done verbally grin.. You hear peeps say, 'Babe oo.. Wait make I call you.. This tory too long to type..'
lol... Exactly
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by just2okworld(f): 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

True!!!
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by An0nimus: 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
Slightly away from what the OP is saying but people don't send text anymore. The statistics has dropped with the advent of instant messaging. Even happy birthday texts are fading. Folks prefer to post on your Facebook wall than send you a personalized N2 text. Nowadays, you'd send someone a text and they'll reply on Whatapp/BBM/Messenger. Times are changing I guess.

Still love texting though, just don't have many friends who like it too.
Re: Why Do Most People Hate Sending Text Messages? by mecussey(m): 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
[i][/i]

My bro the thing tire me ooo, most ppls hate text like die. While some, don't even check their inbox. They prefer to shout in the middle of oshodi market.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPERA Launches It's Own Free VPN. / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? / $1.2bn Debt: New Investors Take Over 9mobile In 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.