Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum (5049 Views)

OEAS Petitions European Union On Biafra Independence / Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS / Biafra: OEAS Demands Snap Referendum Winthin 90 Days (letter attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Iroh88(m): 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:
So with this falsified and baseless but accusing article of yours you have become a hero...
Well I don't have much to say...
As the bodies they made mention like UN and likes are international bodies that will be the observants...

I strongly refuse to listen to you.
They didn't call for war per say...
What they called for is referendum.

Get a life op and stop living in self deceit and denial.
They didn't call for war but are trying to dictate to a sovereign nation how to run her own affairs. Who the hell are they to tell us "Nigeria would retain all debts", and "all FGN properties within Biafra territory would go to Biafrans".

Isn't that just about a declaration of war

1 Like

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Truckpusher(m): 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hehehehehehehehehehe grin
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin
Hior hior hior hior hior hior grin
Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Deltagiant: 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
Our in fighting dey sweet their belle well well.
Bia !! Biko.... grin
Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by SeverusSnape(m): 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
Truckpusher:

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by SeverusSnape(m): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
Iroh88:
They didn't call for war but are trying to dictate to a sovereign nation how to run her own affairs. Who the hell are they to tell us "Nigeria would retain all debts", and "all FGN properties within Biafra territory would go to Biafrans".

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Truckpusher(m): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Iroh88(m): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
Another diversionary tactics from the agents of fake change - I won't leave any useful comment concerning secessionists here. grin
I just came here to tell you people that we've won Bayelsa state and your change chanting zombies have resorted to violence in Southern Ijaw as expected. grin
PDP !! grin
Fair enough.
Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by EasternPride: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
Iroh88:

Omenka, it is a shame u have a name that Igbos give to strong men who aren't puss.ies

8 Likes

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Iroh88:

OK what you are angry about is the taunted ego of Nigeria??
Heeya is a pity...
As when you know your right, you are the Mayor, you fit get mouth...

May be they understands the right Biafra had to become a nation... Nigeria being signatory to the UN charter rights for indigenous people should know better.

They may appear small to you but you don't know what they are hiding from you.

Keep massaging your wounded ego.

And as You call it threat, I call it help,
you asked why should they, I asked why shouldn't they,
your emotions reads stabbed ego, my emotions reads reborn freedom.

Don't underestimate the resolve of aa united group of people. They may be the once to surprise you first.

9 Likes

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by SeverusSnape(m): 6:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
EasternPride:

Omenka, it is a shame u have a name that Igbos give to strong men who aren't puss.ies
The obsequious servant hates the tribe (Igbo), but likes their names. But he's loyal to the Fulani hegemony.

1 Like

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Keystonn: 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
Iroh88:
Fair enough.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
Rawani:
Nice write-up. The funny identity of the organization was the initial red flag, the agitators will grab onto anything to legitimize their illogical quest.
including goin to stadium in ssenegal!

1 Like

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Iroh88(m): 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
Iroh88 AKA Omenka, we are shitting on your thread like a no man's land.

What you gonna do ? Boy! grin
Absolutely nothing. Just to sit back and enjoy the show.
Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Xapio: 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
I'm not surprised that that ediotic criminal omenka will resort to writing this thrash while cowardly hiding under a new moniker..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by SeverusSnape(m): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
Xapio:
I'm not surprised that that ediotic criminal omenka will resort to writing this thrash while cowardly hiding under a new moniker..
Yes. Let it be known. Iroh88 is omenka.

Severus burst his bubble.
Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by MizMyColi(f): 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
My nigga , out of 8 local govt. We've won 6 and the fake change agent won only 1 local govt. and as soon as they saw the hand writing on the wall they resorted to violence in Southern Ijaw which have been cancelled by INEC after a massive protest rejecting the violent execution called election by uncle Bubu and his cohorts of night soil men. grin
Their online minions are here making thread for the Niger Delta and SE pro PDP /supporters to lock horns.
I ain't saying shiit! grin
PDP !!! Power to the people .

You are sensible.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by coolscott(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Everything about Jonathan-defeat inspired agitation is gradually dying down. Just check out the last Saturday's election in Bayelsa, the Biafrauds were more concerned about the outcome of the election than the "Zoos"

cheesy grin
[size=13pt]Why Igbos will lament more than us Ijaw people from whom our Jonathan emerged is just... can someone help me out here?[/size]
Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Masterclass32: 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
This one didn't quite go the way OP hoped it would.

Maybe another day.

4 Likes

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by EasternPride: 7:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

The obsequious servant hates the tribe (Igbo), but likes their names. But he's loyal to the Fulani hegemony.

Such a shame broh embarassed

3 Likes

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by EasternPride: 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Masterclass32:
This one didn't quite go the way OP hoped it would.

Maybe another day.

Lmao cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by SIRTee15: 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ioannes:
secession is a legitimate aspiration and I am sure that if the Igbos go about it the right way then they will have it in no distant time.

going the way of that organization is a huge waste of time.

my own suggestion is that they should approach their kinsmen like Joy Ogwu who work in the UN and use such connections to obtain a referendum.

in the meanwhile, they could use their rogue radio station to educate their brothers and sisters on the need to vote a yes when the referendum is conducted, instead of preaching hate, violence and outright lies.

approaching joy ogwu is not the way out.
she has no say or influence in U.N to get them referendum.
biafrans are wasting their time if they keep hoping on U.N to single handedly hand them referendum.
what they need to do is exactly what Scottish did to achieve referendum.
ipob or massob should organize themselves into a political party or promote political platforms whereby they can ensure all political offices in biafran territories are occupied by pro-biafrans.
their governors, senators, HOR members, councillors, house of assembly members etc
then with one voice, they can advocate strongly for referendum with the backing of the electorate that voted them into office.
that's the only way the F.G and other regions can take them seriously and possibly consider their request.

1 Like

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2015
SIRTee15:

approaching joy ogwu is not the way out.
she has no say or influence in U.N to get them referendum.
biafrans are wasting their time if they keep hoping on U.N to single handedly hand them referendum.
what they need to do is exactly what Scottish did to achieve referendum.
ipob or massob should organize themselves into a political party or promote political platforms whereby they can ensure all political offices in biafran territories are occupied by pro-biafrans.
their governors, senators, HOR members, councillors, house of assembly members etc
then with one voice, they can advocate strongly for referendum with the backing of the electorate that voted them into office.
that's the only way the F.G and other regions can take them seriously and possibly consider their request.

that's another good idea there. let's hope they abide by it. wish there was a faster way though.

we need to help them leave asap.
Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Armaggedon: 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2015
A thread for bayelsa election semi loosers and other disgruntled nigerianists grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Everything about Jonathan-defeat inspired agitation is gradually dying down. Just check out the last Saturday's election in Bayelsa, the Biafrauds were more concerned about the outcome of the election than the "Zoos"

cheesy grin
keep deceiving ur brain

6 Likes

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Csami(m): 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2015
Iroh88:
Fair enough.

Truckpusher and SeverusSnape una too wicked

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by papaejima1: 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
[s]
Iroh88:
Greetings.

Honestly, I have no idea where to begin this writing so before I proceed, I'd like for you guys to pardon me in advance if you find my style a bit off key.

Was having lunch with a coleague and upon refreshing the politics board, which is about the only place I visit on the forum, I saw this thread about a body that goes by the acronym OEAS calling for a "snap referendum" for the people of Biafra. I was somewhat taken aback because of a couple of reasons:

1. The newspaper that ran the story, pmnewsnigeria.com, is a fairly credible news media and as such represents a break from the tradition where we often get such tales from sources like thebreakingtimes, savingracereporters, igberetv, thetrentonline, and the rest of such purely propaganda sites.

2. Wired as it seems, a lot of folks celebrated the news as though their desire to have a separate country carved out of the current Nigeria has ALREADY been realized.

Make no mistakes, we all appreciate and understand the rights of every single ethnic group, or a combination of groups that make up a country, to self determination- that much is captured in the UN Charter of Peoples and Human Rights, a charter to which Nigeria is signatory. We also understand the roles such bodies as the UN, AU, and other such union of countries, play in event such as that under reference. We know the contributions they've made to World Peace and the promotion and protection of the course of humanity. This amorphous group, the Organization of Emerging African States (OEAS) does not and would NEVER stand for such courses. A quick walk through their site and you would understand why this poster holds this opinion.

Who/What is OEAS?

www.oeas.info/

A check on their site above gives one a clue as to who and what they represent:

First off, the admitted to be a "NEW" IGO, and from this, one would ask- of what importance is the opinion of some "very recently" established body to the course of this nature which could potentially determine the future of a country over a Hundred Years old?? Secondly, how difficult is it to type "NGO"?? To a discerning mind, these guys could simply pass for a group of layabouts in a hurry to gain recognition and couldn't care less about details. If one were to take it as a simple typo above which no one is, what would one say is the reason why that typo has been there running for over 4 hours??

Next, we see:
From this, one could clearly see these guys represent nothing but chaos and war- two scenarios that benefit no one but military contractors and rogue governments.

Most African countries had colonial masters who drew their boundaries- some of them are thriving while others aren't doing so well- but make no mistake, "colonial era boundaries" can hardly be said to be responsible for the backwardness of any of those countries.

Now, for those thriving, this body is tacitly calling for people to revolt against their governments because, according to them, the boundaries of their enclaves were drawn by colonial masters, and therefore, must be shattered. They hardly care about the implications of such action- chief amongst which is the loss of lives.

In addition, they refer to member states and one would ask- "States" as recognized by whom A run through their so called member states and you'd understand the Body is nothing but a conglomerate of Rebel and Terrorist Groups most of which have taken up arms against their host governments/nations. The tone of their language leaves one in no doubt what they stand for.

Now, this same group of Rebels, to which Biafra is a member, made a call for a referendum and stated conditions by which the Nigerian Government MUST abide in their fabled referendum and some folks are getting overly exited! Their press release, to those who see through their feeble propaganda, isn't worth more than the paper on which it was written. What happened isn't different than ISIS calling for a referendum for "Biafra".

So, to all those getting overly giddy about that news, sorry to throw a wet blanket over you, but identifying with that group would bring you no closer to realizing your dream for secession.

Eventually, we might have a referendum, but it would be based on our own terms as a country, and moderated by the UN and not some rag tag inconsequential group of rebels. Imagine the audacity of them telling the Nigerian government what to do.

You want to know how best to go about it, consult with South Sudan, I'm all too positive they'd be exited to share their experience.

I pretty much expect all the insults that would come my way over this.

God Bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Trash!
Until the UN says they are illegitimate, then I will listen to you.
Until then, believe what you wish. Na your MB you dey use type.

4 Likes

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by drss(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
D zoo govt just announce a N6 trillion budget for 2016,

1 Like

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Truckpusher(m): 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
Csami:

Not at all, I'm a good man and severusSnape is a good boy too.

We share one thing in common sha! We shoot down zombies before they could fly higher. smiley

3 Likes

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by pweetychyka(f): 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
Csami:

Hahahahahaha!
Funny u....

1 Like

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Truckpusher(m): 9:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

You are sensible.
We are smart like that , totally unpredictable . wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About OEAS And Their Call For A Referendum by Csami(m): 10:22pm On Dec 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
Not at all, I'm a good man and severusSnape is a good boy too.

We share one thing in common sha! We shoot down zombies before they could fly higher. smiley

Lmao! You guys are really jerking off on this thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Upholds Tambuwal’s Election As Sokoto Governor / See How Redeem Members Celebrate Tinubu's Victory Inside Redemption Camp / Abia Gubernatorial Polls Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.