Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun (25694 Views)

What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? / Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal / Count Me Out Of Arms Deal Scandal — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by mbhs139(m): 7:00am On Dec 08, 2015
Boss13:

I think he is entitled to his opinion. However, his opinion shows why politicians continue to steal our resources. They steal these funds and oppress the public by displaying it to our faces. We even sing and clap for them to continue.

We, Nigerians, pride ourselves to be smart and intelligent. We travel abroad to rub it on the faces of our host countries, but what an Irony. I see no smartness nor intelligence if our political leaders continue to steal from us and we sit down to observe. Politicians in Kenya cannot steal and rub it off the faces their citizens, they will be stoned to death.

In the fight against corruption, we have a role to play too. Apart from whistle blowing against corrupt officials, there is the need to leave this stupid passive observation and e-fighting to an active support against corrupt public officers.

You are very right and correct that that is his opinion. By the way, I think I was told by none other than the former Governor of Lagos that what we call fundamental right is actually not an absolute right. and I think that's why it is criminal to attempt suicide. After all, you have a right to life, so why will it be an offence to want to take your life. In other words, that right to his opinion is an absolute right if does not make sense like he didn't.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by francizy(m): 7:11am On Dec 08, 2015
Firefire:

Please read my submission above and let me know what else you require I add.

My position about looters remains, let all looters face firing squad irrespective of how highly placed.

My gross about APC is the holier than thou attitude, pointing to a fragment of wood in another man's eye while a full production line of WOOD has blocked their vision.

Let start to call a spade a spade, all looters across the 36 states of the federation MUST BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE.

Let stop all this media caricature, is becoming outdated.

If Dansuki abi wetin dem call his name is found guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction, not APC media crucifixion, I recommend him for firing squad without any parole.

Finito!

Btw: I am fine and trust you too ? tongue

More blessings brother!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 08, 2015
Tunami:
in ibb's voice, jonathan was inexperienced.

Was he inexperienced, clueless or corrupt?
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by adioolayi(m): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2015
EasternLeopard:
Is OBJ clean.?

Where is OBJ on Transcorp ..

Before you can hold Jonathan , you must hold OBJ

what's this one saying Nigerian Youths... When are we really going to get it right

7 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by Boss13: 7:27am On Dec 08, 2015
mbhs139:

You are very right and correct that that is his opinion. By the way, I think I was told by none other than the former Governor of Lagos that what we call fundamental right is actually not an absolute right. and I think that's why it is criminal to attempt suicide. After all, you have a right to life, so why will it be an offence to want to take your life. In other words, that right to his opinion is an absolute right if does not make sense like he didn't.

You do not trouble yourself for such kind of people. You cannot see a mad man dancing in the market square, only for you to confront him - I guess there will be little differentiation from the eyes of the public. For such people, you ignore them. He may have his reasons for being biased.

Do you know that some people who comment here do not actually read the topics? They see the headline and off they go with their biased opinions.

6 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by simp: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

This is in relation, to his investigations into the affairs of the now ruling party, when he was still the DSS boss. If Dasuki should open his mouth, all hell would be let loose. When Dasuki threatened to go to the press and international community to spill the beans on the plans by APC to use hackers, system engineers and software programmers to distort and change the electoral figures, it was Jonathan who changed his mind with a phone call. What do you think Dasuki went to Chatham House for. Dasuki has always been a friend of Jonathan( Jonathan hardly has enemies)

When the President is tired of playing propaganda, he should quietly agree to our demands
* Announce the appointment of a new minister for petroleum
* Reverse some of the tribunal judgements, which has robbed our clients of their hard earned positions
* Sign the contracts we have put at his table for weeks
* Change the sharing formular, in our favor
* Stop the media persecution of our clients
E.T.C

If he doesn't, well we have more plagues we can unleach on Nigerians. The fuel scarcity is just one-tenth of how bad it can really get. When people are hungry and frustrated, they will not care about SUPPOSED 2.1 or 200 billion dollars scam. They would rather be concerned about their next 200 naira T-fare. We will not allow anybody, I say anybody, destroy our democracy.
What is this one saying? You have successful said nothing

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by kingdompropty: 7:32am On Dec 08, 2015
Jonathan like Fashola didn't sign any cheque.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by SmithEnemona(m): 7:32am On Dec 08, 2015
Jonathannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by ddeola: 7:32am On Dec 08, 2015
In the pipeline. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by hotgunz(m): 7:33am On Dec 08, 2015
If u ask mi na who i go ask? Pls kindly refer ur question to google
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by yekatb: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by ibkgab001: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2015
Jonathan was never our PRESIDENT .... YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO ASK MAMA PEACE

7 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by gretblue: 7:38am On Dec 08, 2015
He's not only cluessless but also inexperienced.Asap the reason he was scammed virtually by all .

6 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:38am On Dec 08, 2015
When the arms deal was going on, Jonathan was agitating that stealing is not corruption. That was the role he performed

4 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by saintkel(m): 7:38am On Dec 08, 2015
Jonathan should answer wot? Go ask OBJ to give account of d 16 billion dollar power project he squandered or ask PMB to explain his role in d PTDF scandal, till then leave GEJ alone, haba una no d shame o, APC till today is still blaming GEJ for everytin, I wonder where we would have bin if GEJ blamed OBJ for d massive fraud during his regime
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by Chanchit: 7:40am On Dec 08, 2015
Would be back to read it in 2hrs.
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by Bevista: 7:45am On Dec 08, 2015
Boss13:
This is an unbiased publication. Jonathan cannot keep quiet to all these allegations. He must speak specifically to each and every claim.

One annoying fact is the exploitation of our Banking system in laundering funds. This has been going on for decades. Where is the Banking confidence promised by the CBN, when the CBN literally supports money laundering. How can billions of transactions pass through our financial institutions without being detected. What is the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) doing? Where is the Financial Reporting Council in identifying bad directors who set up companies to launder funds?

When a President can actually dip his hands into national treasury or verbally inform the CBN to transfer funds without any unlying economic transaction to show, it shows you how useless we are as a country. What we have is a banana republic and not a country. It sets a bad precedence and what will stop the current President or his aides from not doing same. It appears the rule in Nigeria is act but don't get caught and when you are eventually caught, exploit the weak justice system to your advantage.
Couldn't have said it any better.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by Muritino(m): 7:47am On Dec 08, 2015
I expect Fayose to comment on this, since he's the best performing PDP Govnr. OR He only understand politic and Not Governance?
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by AtlanticBreeze: 7:47am On Dec 08, 2015
Jonathan didn't sign any check.. Also, Remitta Scam, where is Buhari?
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 08, 2015
mbhs139:
O our Lord, never again may we have a President like Dr. Goodluck Eberle Jonathan in this country. In your mighty name we pray. Aameen.
ignorance is a disease and common sense is not common after all. I don't blame you @ all. Opening your filthy mouth to curse the best president this country has ever had.. Use your brain well nigga!!! You have been scammed. #GEJ my Hero
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by ObiOkpor(m): 7:47am On Dec 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

This is in relation, to his investigations into the affairs of the now ruling party, when he was still the DSS boss. If Dasuki should open his mouth, all hell would be let loose. When Dasuki threatened to go to the press and international community to spill the beans on the plans by APC to use hackers, system engineers and software programmers to distort and change the electoral figures, it was Jonathan who changed his mind with a phone call. What do you think Dasuki went to Chatham House for. Dasuki has always been a friend of Jonathan( Jonathan hardly has enemies)

When the President is tired of playing propaganda, he should quietly agree to our demands
* Reverse some of the tribunal judgements, which has robbed our clients of their hard earned positions
E.T.C

If he doesn't, well we have more plagues we can unleach on Nigerians. The fuel scarcity is just one-tenth of how bad it can really get. When people are hungry and frustrated, they will not care about SUPPOSED 2.1 or 200 billion dollars scam. They would rather be concerned about their next 200 naira T-fare. We will not allow anybody, I say anybody, destroy our democracy.
what exactly are you saying? Help me out,am confused.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by amazingspiderma: 7:48am On Dec 08, 2015
In a working republic members of senate should invite GEJ,so that at least we could hear directly from him.
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by ModiKen(m): 7:48am On Dec 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

E.T.C

Chai! See early morning noise! angry

4 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 08, 2015
With all this said, why would anyone still wanna play "GEJ was a hero?" sad
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by Tonnierichy(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

E.T.C

Jonathan hardly had enemies because everyone was able to fraudulently enrich their pockets through him

4 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by WILL888(m): 7:53am On Dec 08, 2015
Jonathan went to sleep for good 6 f***kn yrs.Probably,he was intoxicated by power at his disposal.What a torpid and happy go lucky president in history!
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by cjudy(m): 7:54am On Dec 08, 2015
arm deal scandal? i just see another scam from apc, dnt worry you all will be here and all those suspect will be release.
Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 08, 2015
when I read some of the comments up there I could only come to one conclusion; everybody has common sense but some will return theirs to God when they die in its original wrappings, having not used it at all.

its like some people are afraid to use their brains, maybe they think the battery will die or something.

how can you ever still continue to support the clueless dumbfvck from otueke.

this is the man some layabout, ne'er-do-well folks said should be given a Nobel prize.

Is it possible for him not to have any knowledge of such stupendous theft under his watch?

Jonathan will end up in jail unless Lady Karma is dead.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun by rusher14: 8:00am On Dec 08, 2015
saintkel:
Jonathan should answer wot? Go ask OBJ to give account of d 16 billion dollar power project he squandered or ask PMB to explain his role in d PTDF scandal, till then leave GEJ alone, haba una no d shame o, APC till today is still blaming GEJ for everytin, I wonder where we would have bin if GEJ blamed OBJ for d massive fraud during his regime

What's Buhari’s role with PTDF?

That Jonathan was so inebriated that he couldn't ask questions about previous regimes is again an indictment of his stewardship.

GEJ's government inherited a robust treasury with the nation's coffers bursting at its seams (OBJ claims he left over $40 billion), external debts mostly written off/paid off and our mainstay - oil selling consistently at 112 dollars on the average.

Here in 2015, we have the burden of external debt, A boko haram war to finance when previous budgets should have sufficed, with the price of oil being a third of those years and looking bleak for the future.

I know, the prejudice of many Nigerians would make them cut off their nose to spite their face.

Forget what your favourite uncle tells you, think for a minute.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari / Abiola Ajimobi For Oyo South Senatorial District 2019 (Photos) / Next Level Lies: From The Desk Of Reno Omokri The Master Of Facts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.