Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? (740 Views)

What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview / What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? / See The Question I Was Asked In An Interview And My Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 08, 2015
Crazy Interview Questions in some interviews have gone for

You may have answered the typical “Why do you want this job?” question in an interview so many times that you have your perfect answer memorized. But what do you do if a company throws you a curveball? And say that curveball is something like, “Have you ever stolen a pen from work?”

Yes, this question—along with many more seemingly random ones—is completely possible when interviewing at top companies.

And here’s the thing you should know before you dig into this: Most strange or tough questions are actually asked for a very valid reason, even if it feels ridiculous (or terrifying) in the moment.

In an article i read on how to answer these off-the-wall interview questions, a career expert says, “Your interviewer isn’t necessarily looking for a right answer. He wants to determine how quickly you can think on your feet, how you’ll approach a difficult situation, and, most importantly, whether you can remain positive and proactive and make progress in the face of a challenge.”

While we can’t tell you exactly what a hiring manager will ask, running through my list and thinking of how you would answer will get your brain working in the right direction. That is, if these questions don’t make it explode first.

For the few Interviews have been invited for,have been asked some very funny awkward questions which sometimes threw me off balance or just made things weird for me and am going to list some of them

1) My 1st Interview you know trying to be composed and confident in a way after answering some few questions then this awkward question came from nowhere,i guess maybe cos i had little or no experience in my resume,so the interviewer asked me what are my hobbies,mentioned sports etc and singing, the next thing, 'Whats your favorite Song? Perform it for us Now' In my mind i said 'Lobatan' as in i was just startled, to make matters worse to pick song wey i go sing became a problem, should i sing naija song or gospel song,i was just confused etc. Well the rest they say is history..

Another time i Went for another interview and the interviewer was asking me:
“If you were a pizza delivery man, how would you benefit from scissors? In my mind i was like what the hell for Christ sake?how does this relate to what am applying for na? And you know at those points you just get confused

A friend of mine told me he went for an interview someday and was asked "Whats the color of Money" I mean you can just imagine...

Another time also,i went for one like that and you know those times na wey as guy i never wise and we would just go hurriedly online to read interview tips,naso mesef go read am,got to the interview was asked Tell me about your Strengths? - I am....i am analytical,pay attention to details,calculative etc the man sha dey nod as i dey expose my folly(LOL),the next question like this- "Whats 600×450÷30"? I knw i can be hilarious at times,so the next thing i just coughed and with serious face i just asked, pls Sir,
"Is there a restroom around that i can use?" I was so dazed at the question didn't know when i almost started peeing on my...

Also one of my guy was also asked “On a scale from 1 to 10, rate me as an interviewer.”

So yeah, basically everything’s on the table when it comes to job interviews. You’ve been warned.

Now tell me, what’s the weirdest question you’ve ever been asked in an interview?
Re: What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
danieloy4:

Now tell me, what’s the weirdest question you’ve ever been asked in an interview

Who is the secretary general of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

AC dey blow, I dey sweat grin
Re: What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? by thankyouJesus(m): 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
I have a lot to learn here.
rationalmind:
Who is the secretary general of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. AC dey blow, I dey sweat grin
You could have said, "My father".

(1) (Reply)

Who Is With Me / Graduate Operations Administrators At MRS Oil Nigeria Plc / I Need A Job For Relocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.