Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,424 members, 7,843,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

#4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey (2149 Views)

PDP Corners Nearly 4,000 Of The 5,000 Invitation Cards To Inauguration Ceremony / Lokoja: A State Capital With No Single Good Road (full Pictures / The Giant Of Africa, No Light, Water, Good Road, And Infrastruture Of Anykind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by KnowAll(m): 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2009
You are not ashamed you lost Ilorin, could your super tribe, that could conquer the world, dream of reaching Zaria, talkless of Kano. Balderdash rant

Yorubas are not colonialist by nature. The SW is blessed with rainfall throughout the year, there is no reason for yorubas to travel far and wide looking for greener pasture becos they are already in greener pasture. But the marauding hausa where running from desertification and spreading islam. Oyo had already fallen when Ibadan got the news, they now organised themselves cleverly and what ensued afterwards was a total anihilation of the hausas and fulani marauders. The British on the other hand  lived in a cold miserable and wet  island,  so they were forced to travel and conquer better climes for her majesty. If only the yorubas where living in harsh clime then u will know wether we are a super race or not. They say na condition make crayfish bend.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by Sagamite(m): 11:28pm On Jun 01, 2009
No2Atheism:

@sagamite, you obviously do not know anything about history.

1. Ibadan people descended from a settlement of Warriors, yet they are the most democratised group of people in Yoruba land.
2. Ibadan people were the ones that actually kicked Hausa-Fulani's ass, all of Yorubas need to thank them for stopping the Hausa-Fulani onslaught.
3. Ibadan people or Yoruba people are not as barbaric as Hausa-Fulanis, hence they do not have the need or willingness to expand to other people's land. Infact if you take time to study your history you would notice that Hausa-Fulanis, used deceit, deception and outright killing to try to gain control of areas in Kwara such as Ilorin.

You need to read up on your history before uttering unintelligent statements.

What has this balderdash got to do with my post that Yoruba lost Ilorin? Did you see me say Ibadan lost Ilorin?

KnowAll:

Yorubas are not colonialist by nature. The SW is blessed with rainfall throughout the year, there is no reason for yorubas to travel far and wide looking for greener pasture becos they are already in greener pasture. But the marauding hausa where running from desertification and spreading islam. Oyo had already fallen when Ibadan got the news, they now organised themselves cleverly and what ensued afterwards was a total anihilation of the hausas and fulani marauders. The British on the other hand lived in a cold miserable and wet island, so they were forced to travel and conquer better climes for her majesty. If only the yorubas where living in harsh clime then u will know wether we are a super race or not. They say na condition make crayfish bend.

Hmm, but both came to whoop/dominate Yorubas in their own land abi? You can give all the excuse you want to give in the world.

So you were talking thrash when you were trying to portray Yorubas as some special tribe that is superior to others.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by KnowAll(m): 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2009
Hmm, but both came to whoop/dominate Yorubas in their own land abi? You can give all the excuse you want to give in the world.

So you were talking thrash when you were trying to portray Yorubas as some special tribe that is superior to others.

The Ilorin people were caught unawares, which is a cowards strategy, the hausa - fulani knew of the ferocity of the yorubas and they met their waterloo in ibadan, the more reason why all yorubas should come together and build the olubadan a befitting palace.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by Sagamite(m): 11:52pm On Jun 01, 2009
KnowAll:

The Ilorin people were caught unawares, which is a cowards strategy, the hausa - fulani knew of the ferocity of the yorubas and they met their waterloo in ibadan, the more reason why all yorubas should come together and build the olubadan a befitting palace.

Bleep me.

What a stuuuuupid statement.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by oderemo(m): 11:58pm On Jun 01, 2009
the more reason why all yorubas should come together and build the olubadan a befitting palace.

oh yeah. nice one.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by No2Atheism(m): 12:14am On Jun 02, 2009
@sagamite if you take time to study your history you would realise that:

1. The Afonja's were supposed to be yoruba muslims who had an agreement with the Hausa-Fulanis to protect them from the Oyo Empire.
2. Hausa-Fulanis broke the agreement by turning against the muslim yorubas and taking over their land, (an example of showing how false the idea of muslim brotherhood really is)
3. Hausa-Fulani took over ilorin not because they were fighting the whole of yorubas for it, but because the Afonjas were figthing them on their own, because the Afonjas had already betrayed their other yorubas by aligning with the Hausas-Fulanis, hence it is understandable that other Yoruba's still consider the Afonjas to be traitors that do not deserve help.
4. Hence the Hausa-Fulanis did not get ilorin through a fair-fight but rather through cunning, deceit, backstabing and betrayal.
5. The Hausa-Fulanis got their ass kicked by the Ibadans when they faced Yorubas in a fair fight with no suprise attacks or deceit.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by KnowAll(m): 12:20am On Jun 02, 2009
Bleep me.

What a stuuuuupid statement

There is nothing stupid in that statement it is a fact. I will tell u a little story there was a cowboy in the old wild west USA, he was the fastest draw in the west, if anybody draws against him u are dead meat b4 u say the J of the name jackie. So some coward knew this man was the fastest man in the west, but this coward wanted to be as popular as this legend, so one day the legend was walking down the street, the coward hid behind some boulder and shot the legend in his chest. The man died, he now annouced to the whole town that he had killed the legend. The town folks now told him u are the new legend, and a lot of town folks want to be as popular as the legend so they challenge him to a duel, he had no choice but to accept he was later killed in his first duel. That was the trick the hausa-fulani used they were living amongst the ilorins as visitors and they now plot and overthrew the yoruba king. What they did not realise was it was a hollow victory, like the coward that shot the legend.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by oderemo(m): 12:26am On Jun 02, 2009
@ knowall
well said and enumerated , but that does not still justify this,
the more reason why all Yoruba's should come together and build the olubadan a befitting palace.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by KnowAll(m): 12:31am On Jun 02, 2009
well said and enumerated , but that does not still justify this,

It is a generational duty of all yorubas from lagos to as far north as Ogbomosho as a thank you gift to the Ibadan Monarch. If the araona kakanfo is alive today - MKO Abiola, he would have start the ball rolling by donating 1 billion naira and other eminent yorubas will follow suit.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by oderemo(m): 12:33am On Jun 02, 2009
MKO Abiola, he would have start the ball rolling by donating 1 billion naira and other eminent yorubas will follow suit.

knowing MKO u r right there.|
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by biina: 12:45am On Jun 02, 2009
I dont get what the fuss is all about. All they have said is that they are trying to raise N4 billion to build a palace.
I don't see the problem in them trying to raise N4 billion, as it does not mean that they would succeed in raising said amount, and if raised that they would spend its entirety on the palace.
The money is being sought from donors and not necessarily public funds. I think the figure is simply inflated to encourage contributions.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by No2Atheism(m): 1:00am On Jun 02, 2009
biina:

I dont get what the fuss is all about. All they have said is that they are trying to raise N4 billion to build a palace.
I don't see the problem in them trying to raise N4 billion, as it does not mean that they would succeed in raising said amount, and if raised that they would spend its entirety on the palace.
The money is being sought from donors and not necessarily public funds. I think the figure is simply inflated to encourage contributions.

@biina thank you jare.

The fuss was against the ignorant individuals that were insulting the Olubadan and the Ibadan people despite that the present Olubadan has demonstrated many times over that he is both a very educated, non-corrupt, wealthy, activist and popular King of the Ibadan people. Despite that history shows that Ibadan people in particular and Yorubas in general have always be welcoming people. Hence the reason why i had to lecture people like sagamite and mrcrackles about the personal wealth of this particular olubadan and the historical gratitude the most Yorubas owe to the Ibadan people. Yorubas that forget history and prefer to trust Hausa-Fulanis usually end up experiencing the same betrayal that Afonjas found at the hands of their Hausa-Fulani visitors who are now ruling over them as Kings despite that they came to ilorin as visitors.
The Olubadan does not need the Palace for himself as a personal property, those who are knowledgeable enough would realise that this same man is weathly enough and comfortable enough that he was many properties in both lagos and ibadan.
This particular Olubadan is asking for the help to build a befitting palace because it is in the interest of the people of Ibadanland and not because he wants a place to stay. Trust me i know from first hand information that he's comfortable.

So all the ignorant individuals should shut up and stop insulting the Ibadan people in particular and the whole Yoruba people in general.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by No2Atheism(m): 1:19am On Jun 02, 2009
Sagamite:

What has this balderdash got to do with my post that Yoruba lost Ilorin? Did you see me say Ibadan lost Ilorin?

Yorubas did not lose Ilorin

The Afonjas lost Ilorin to the Hausa- Fulanis

The Afonjas had already separated themselves from the Yorubas by going against the Oyo Empire then.

The Afonjas had already made themselves Yoruba prodigal sons by going against Oyo Empire and using Hausa- Fulani visitors in their fight and bid to stay separate from the Oyo Empire. Unfortunately for them, the Hausa-Fulanis turned around to stab them in the back and take over their land.

Hausa-Fulanis never fought the Yorubas for Ilorin, so do yourself a favour and get your history right before spouting out nonsense as a replacement for reasoned logic.

The time Hausa-Fulanis had to actually fight Yorubas for something, they were roundly defeated by the Ibadan forces.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by Sagamite(m): 8:17am On Jun 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

Yorubas did not lose Ilorin

The Afonjas lost Ilorin to the Hausa- Fulanis

The Afonjas had already separated themselves from the Yorubas by going against the Oyo Empire then.

The Afonjas had already made themselves Yoruba prodigal sons by going against Oyo Empire and using Hausa- Fulani visitors in their fight and bid to stay separate from the Oyo Empire. Unfortunately for them, the Hausa-Fulanis turned around to stab them in the back and take over their land.

Hausa-Fulanis never fought the Yorubas for Ilorin, so do yourself a favour and get your history right before spouting out nonsense as a replacement for reasoned logic.

The time Hausa-Fulanis had to actually fight Yorubas for something, they were roundly defeated by the Ibadan forces.

So the Afonjas are from cotonou? They are not Yorubas? Stop chatting trash.

No2Atheism:

@sagamite if you take time to study your history you would realise that:

1. The Afonja's were supposed to be yoruba muslims who had an agreement with the Hausa-Fulanis to protect them from the Oyo Empire.
2. Hausa-Fulanis broke the agreement by turning against the muslim yorubas and taking over their land, (an example of showing how false the idea of muslim brotherhood really is)
3. Hausa-Fulani took over ilorin not because they were fighting the whole of yorubas for it, but because the Afonjas were figthing them on their own, because the Afonjas had already betrayed their other yorubas by aligning with the Hausas-Fulanis, hence it is understandable that other Yoruba's still consider the Afonjas to be traitors that do not deserve help.
4. Hence the Hausa-Fulanis did not get ilorin through a fair-fight but rather through cunning, deceit, backstabing and betrayal.
5. The Hausa-Fulanis got their ass kicked by the Ibadans when they faced Yorubas in a fair fight with no suprise attacks or deceit.

Very similar to the same dins you get from the likes of Saddam and Comical Ali when they said America must drop all their technological war-aid and come and fight hand-to-hand combat if they want a fair fight with the "heroic" Iraqi Presidential Gaurds.

KnowAll:

It is a generational duty of all yorubas from lagos to as far north as Ogbomosho as a thank you gift to the Ibadan Monarch. If the araona kakanfo is alive today - MKO Abiola, he would have start the ball rolling by donating 1 billion naira and other eminent yorubas will follow suit.

Absolute trash that this guy chats.

You, feel free to go and lick anybody you wishes arse in Ibadan, I am Yoruba and I owe no one nothing.

Generational duty me bleeping arse.

biina:

My gripe is that despite us having increasing poverty and the emergence of almajiris in Ibadan, the slowpoke that calls himself Olubadan that hardly did anything to stop the illegalities of Adedibu is only bothered about building a palace at a ridiculously high price and is basically putting a man, on a visit that works for his money, on the spot to contribute money.

If they want the money from donors, they should make the announcement public and then contact selected people privately and not put them on the spot in such a way it is blackmail. If Akingbola does not pay up, only god knows the negative consequences for Intercontinental in Ibadan.

So after Akingola's hand is twisted to pay money into the fund, who next will ask for his share of Intercontinental's profits? Oni of Ife? Soun of Ogbomoso? Ewujale of Ijebuland?

To now compound it, the slowpoke called KnowAll now comes up with some lunatical tribalistic statements that tries to portray Yorubas as better than the rest.

Some people have so little achievements in their life that they feel the only way of demonstrating their "speciality" is by finding a group they belong to and alluding superiority over other groups. Typical of pathetic racists and tribalists.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by biina: 8:37am On Jun 02, 2009
Sagamite:

My gripe is that despite us having increasing poverty and almajiris in Ibadan. The slowpoke that calls himself Olubadan that hardly did anything to stop the illegalities of Adedibu is only bothered about building a palace at a ridiculously high price and is basically putting a man, on a visit that works for his money, on the spot to contribute money.

If they want the money from donors, they should make the announcement public and then contact selected people privately and not put them on the spot in such a way it is blackmail. If Akingbola does not pay up, only god knows the negative consequences for Intercontinental in Ibadan.

So after Akingola's hand is twisted to pay money into the fund, who next will ask for his share of Intercontinental's profits? Oni of Ife? Soun of Ogbomoso? Ewujale of Ijebuland?

To now compound it, the slowpoke called KnowAll now comes up with some lunatical tribalistic statements that tries to portray Yorubas as better than the rest.

Some people have so little achievements in their life that they feel the only way of demonstrating their "speciality" is by finding a group they belong to and alluding superiority over other groups. Typical of pathetic racists and tribalists.
I think they did make it public as far back as in April (please see below). As to putting Akingbola on the spot, one cannot really say, given one is not privy to details of the conversation, or the express purpose of Akingbola's visit to the Olubadan, as I don't think bank executives make a habit of visiting all monarchs. If Akingbola's visit was to seek a favor from the monarch, then the king might have tried o seize the opportunity to get something in return.

Olubadan’s New Palace To Cost N4.3Billion
April 07, 2009 15:01, 337 views

The new palace of the OIubadan of Ibadanland is to cost N4.3billion, according to the Otun Olubadan, Chief Omowale Kuye. Kuye, who is the Chairman, Building Committee, disclosed this to newsmen on Monday, in Ibadan, after meeting with the Olubadan-in-Council.

According to him, the plan to construct a new and beffitting palace for the monarch has been on for years, adding that eminent personalities in Ibadanland were involved. He added that due to the lack of a modern palace, the previous obas of the ancient town, including the incumbent, Oba Odulana Odugade I, have been operating in their personal houses. The chairman said  the situation did not augur well with the traditional rulers and their council members as proper traditional administration was impaired.

Kuye said the new palace would be built at Oke-Aremo area of the town which is expected to have modern equipment, including ICT facilities. At the meeting were former Oyo governor, Senator Rasheed Ladoja; Chief Lekan Balogun and many others.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/04/07/olubadans-new-palace-to-cost-n43b
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by Sagamite(m): 9:10am On Jun 02, 2009
biina:

I think they did make it public as far back as in April (please see below). As to putting Akingbola on the spot, one cannot really say, given one is not privy to details of the conversation, or the express purpose of Akingbola's visit to the Olubadan, as I don't think bank executives make a habit of visiting all monarchs. If Akingbola's visit was to seek a favor from the monarch, then the king might have tried o seize the opportunity to get something in return.

True.

That is a possibility, but as long as I am not aware of anything like that, I can not use it in my opinion.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by No2Atheism(m): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2009
Sagamite:

So the Afonjas are from cotonou? They are not Yorubas? Stop chatting trash.

I am not sure about your personal use of english or whether you are just being mischevious just for the sake of trying to win an argument blindly.

It is clear from my statement that you quoted and responded to earlier that I mentioned that Afonjas were prodigal Yorubas (meaning they were a subgroup of Yoruba people who decided to break away from the mainsteam Yoruba who were under the control of alaafin at that point in time). Hence within the context of the use of english your response seems rather tasteless and out of step with reality. Unless of course you don't understand the meaning and context of the use of the word "Prodigal".

----------------------------------

No one is asking you to build anything for the people of Ibadan. The point that is being made is that you are completely wrong and out of order in your statements whereby you are calling the present Olubadan different despicable names because:

1. You can easily keep your mouth shut, by not saying anything considering that the money for the building of the Ibadan Palace is not being taken out of your pocket or out of the pocket of the people of Sagamu. Keeping your mouth shut would help you make people think you actually know what you are talking about.

2. You have no basis to justify such insults against the current Olubadan, the people of Ibadan, and Yorubas in general. Considering the compelling life story of this  same Olubadan and the people of ibadan and Yorubas in general, it shows just how low you have allowed yourself to stoop in your bid to misrepresent information and make a mountain out of a mole hill.

3. You are being crudely insultive to a Elder Yoruba man and a Yoruba King for that matter, hence it shows your basic lack of respect and character for you to stoop so low as to say such words, considering that the man is old enough to be your grandfather.

4. The man (Olubadan) being a man who has shown himself to be a man of integrity, deserves praise for managing to do what he has done under the circumstances that he is operating despite having had to go up against Obasanjo and Adedibu and Alao Akala all at the same time. Hence for you to say all that, only goes to show your level of basic understanding of history and socio-political reality. I bet in your haste to show your level of intelligence you did not realise that the man's dedication to integrity and anti-corruption resulted in some unfavourable circumstances to him personally.

5. Your statements shows that you most probably a very-self centered individual in real life, otherwise common sense would have told you that had the Ibadan people not intervened against the Hausa-Fulanis, then things would not have been the way they are as of now within Yoruba-Land. As a matter of fact it would be easy to guess that the situation that persists in Kwara could readily have existed in majority of the Yoruba-Land, had the Ibadan people not come to the aid of all Yorubas against the Hausa-Fulani invaders.

Very similar to the same dins you get from the likes of Saddam and Comical Ali when they said America must drop all their technological war-aid and come and fight hand-to-hand combat if they want a fair fight with the "heroic" Iraqi Presidential Gaurds.

1. Did the Hausa-Fulani do something wrong by stealing Ilorin from the Afonjas via deceit and blatant backstabbing, off course not. Instead, the Afonjas are to be blamed, cus they were the ones who gave the Hausa- Fulanis such an opportunity to succeed via deceit and backstabbing.

2. Off course deception and backstabbing is part of war, hence i don't fault the Hausa-Fulanis for doing that, however what i find out of place in your statements is the insinuation that Hausa-Fulanis's success in Ilorin was as a result of their victory and militarily superiority over the Yoruba people in general. Such an insinuation on your part cannot be more farther from the truth. Do yourself a favour, stop drinking kool-aid and actually take the time to study and remember true history.

History shows that despite the deceit and deception and backstabbing used against the Afonja people, yet that still did not stop Ibadan people from kicking the ass of the Hausa-Fulani people in war.

3. It is completely wrong of you to now try to generalise that Hausa-Fulanis defeated the whole of Yoruba people in the process of capturing Ilorin. It is quite obvious from student of history that that is simply not the case.

- Afonjas were already considered Prodigals sons when the Ilorin capture occured.
- Afonjas sought to be independent of the Alaafin, hence they fought against the Hausa Fulanis without the aid of the mainstream Yoruba people, as such it is blatantly wrong/false and completely naive of you to claim that Hausa-Fulanis defeated Yoruba people, when history clearly shows that Hausa-Fulanis defeated only the Afonjas (whom one can easily consider to be a group of isolated and prodigal yoruba people)
- The mainstream of the Yoruba people easily defeated the Hausa-Fulani invasion when the Hausa-Fulanis made the mistake of trying to attack the mainsteam Yoruba people.
- This defeat of the Hausa-Fulani invaders was facilitated by the involvement of the Ibadan people in the war.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 02, 2009
@knowAll.
I dey ur back. cool
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by KnowAll(m): 10:48am On Jun 02, 2009

You, feel free to go and lick anybody you wishes arse in Ibadan, I am Yoruba and I owe no one nothing.

You are not a yoruba person, 1) u are not civilised, I can bet my life on that. If Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden knew after eating the forbidden fruit that they were naked how some tribes could go about roaming about absolutely naked beats my imagination and I beleive u belong to such tribe, babaric savages that even pre-dates Adam and Eve. It is a bastard points to his father's house with his left hand.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by asha80(m): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2009
KnowAll:

You are not a yoruba person, 1) u are not civilised, I can bet my life on that. If Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden knew after eating the forbidden fruit that they were naked how some tribes could go about roaming about absolutely naked beats my imagination and I beleive u belong to such tribe, babaric savages that even pre-dates Adam and Eve. It is a bastard points to his father's house with his left hand.

So sagamite is no longer yoruba because he does not share your views?
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by Sagamite(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

I am not sure about your personal use of english or whether you are just being mischevious just for the sake of trying to win an argument blindly.

It is clear from my statement that you quoted and responded to earlier that I mentioned that Afonjas were prodigal Yorubas (meaning they were a subgroup of Yoruba people who decided to break away from the mainsteam Yoruba who were under the control of alaafin at that point in time). Hence within the context of the use of english your response seems rather tasteless and out of step with reality. Unless of course you don't understand the meaning and context of the use of the word "Prodigal".

So the conclusion is that Afonjas are Yorubas and they got defeated and lost a city to the Hausas. You are learning then.

No2Atheism:

No one is asking you to build anything for the people of Ibadan. The point that is being made is that you are completely wrong and out of order in your statements whereby you are calling the present Olubadan different despicable names because:

Errrr . . . . . . . KnowAll seems to think as a Yoruba person, I owe something to Ibadan and I guess hence if I was rich, it is "my generational duty" to contribute. Can you read english?

No2Atheism:

1. You can easily keep your mouth shut, by not saying anything considering that the money for the building of the Ibadan Palace is not being taken out of your pocket or out of the pocket of the people of Sagamu. Keeping your mouth shut would help you make people think you actually know what you are talking about.

Sorry mate, I have a valid opinion on an issue that is typical of my country and Africa in general. The people are suffering and the leaders are looking for ways to waste financial resources on self/public aggrandisation projects. It is so bad the "men of god me bleeping arse" are getting in on the act. N4bn me bleeping arse.

Kids can't get 2 linear meals, roads are bad, healthcare is non-existent and some slowpoke wants to build a palace with N4bn that "befits a king". So societal degradation befits Ibadan people?

No2Atheism:

2. You have no basis to justify such insults against the current Olubadan, the people of Ibadan, and Yorubas in general. Considering the compelling life story of this  same Olubadan and the people of ibadan and Yorubas in general, it shows just how low you have allowed yourself to stoop in your bid to misrepresent information and make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Yes, I do (ala Olubadan). And I don't see where I have insulted Yorubas.

No2Atheism:

3. You are being crudely insultive to a Elder Yoruba man and a Yoruba King for that matter, hence it shows your basic lack of respect and character for you to stoop so low as to say such words, considering that the man is old enough to be your grandfather.

So the Bleep wha wha!!!

I repeat, SO THE Bleep WHA WHA!

No, it shows my basic abundance for objectivity and standing up for the right thing. So because Abacha is my elder and Head of State, then I am not allowed to criticise him? What a pathetic mentality.

I bet you are one of those that will let evil take place all in the name of culture and tradition. Culture me bleeping arse.

I stand for objectivity, fairness, intelligence and behaviours that foster collective societal good, not some you are Yoruba so you must do or support Yorubas or what Yorubas do.

No2Atheism:

4. The man (Olubadan) being a man who has shown himself to be a man of integrity, deserves praise for managing to do what he has done under the circumstances that he is operating despite having had to go up against Obasanjo and Adedibu and Alao Akala all at the same time. Hence for you to say all that, only goes to show your level of basic understanding of history and socio-political reality. I bet in your haste to show your level of intelligence you did not realise that the man's dedication to integrity and anti-corruption resulted in some unfavourable circumstances to him personally.

Enlighten me on what he has done and I might withdraw my belligerent position towards him.

I don't have to show my level of intelligence. I am!

No2Atheism:

5. Your statements shows that you most probably a very-self centered individual in real life, otherwise common sense would have told you that had the Ibadan people not intervened against the Hausa-Fulanis, then things would not have been the way they are as of now within Yoruba-Land. As a matter of fact it would be easy to guess that the situation that persists in Kwara could readily have existed in majority of the Yoruba-Land, had the Ibadan people not come to the aid of all Yorubas against the Hausa-Fulani invaders.

Conjectual balderdash!

No2Atheism:

2. Off course deception and backstabbing is part of war, hence i don't fault the Hausa-Fulanis for doing that, however what i find out of place in your statements is the insinuation that Hausa-Fulanis's success in Ilorin was as a result of their victory and militarily superiority over the Yoruba people in general. Such an insinuation on your part cannot be more farther from the truth. Do yourself a favour, stop drinking kool-aid and actually take the time to study and remember true history.

What you can not get into your thick skull is that, whatever the reason for their victory, it is still a victory no matter what stupid excuse you make for it.

No2Atheism:

3. It is completely wrong of you to now try to generalise that Hausa-Fulanis defeated the whole of Yoruba people in the process of capturing Ilorin. It is quite obvious from student of history that that is simply not the case.

- Afonjas were already considered Prodigals sons when the Ilorin capture occured.
- Afonjas sought to be independent of the Alaafin, hence they fought against the Hausa Fulanis without the aid of the mainstream Yoruba people, as such it is blatantly wrong/false and completely naive of you to claim that Hausa-Fulanis defeated Yoruba people, when history clearly shows that Hausa-Fulanis defeated only the Afonjas (whom one can easily consider to be a group of isolated and prodigal yoruba people)
- The mainstream of the Yoruba people easily defeated the Hausa-Fulani invasion when the Hausa-Fulanis made the mistake of trying to attack the mainsteam Yoruba people.
- This defeat of the Hausa-Fulani invaders was facilitated by the involvement of the Ibadan people in the war.

I bet the Hausas can also come up with excuses why they did not bother with pursuing their conquest downwards e.g. horsemanship was not suited for the terrain. It is all excuses.

My point still stands, Yorubas are no more special by blood or kinship than any other tribe. Only a stupid tribalist will come up with such stupid statements.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by Sagamite(m): 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2009
KnowAll:

Fuuuuuuuuck me!

You are dim-witted.

One thing I love about NL is the opportunity I get to stress-test morons like you's brain when you churn our drool that does not make sense. The result and residue is this form of lame din that is spewed out when you have no logic to give.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by KnowAll(m): 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2009
Fuuuuuuuuck me!

You are dim-witted.

you can shout F***k u from now to kingdom come, it only shows the kind of backward race u come from, u are the kind of people that make white people think Africans live on trees. To call the olubadan a slowpoke is the hieght of dis-respect even if a gun is put on my head I will not alter that kind of statement.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by Fhemmmy: 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2009
I am so sorry to say this, what is the uselessness of Obas, Emirs and the kings in Nigeria?
I am asking and would love to know.
Re: #4,000,000,000 For Ibadan Palace!shocking! When No Good Road Dey by No2Atheism(m): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2009
Sagamite:

So the conclusion is that Afonjas are Yorubas and they got defeated and lost a city to the Hausas. You are learning then.

your understanding of the use of english is a little bit suspect, considering all i have said with Afonjas being relatively isolated as a group of people from the mainstream Yorubas, after they had earlier used Hausa-Fulanis to opppose the Alaafin.

Your inferiority complex as a man is certainly showing through, considering you are in the UK, i would not be suprised of your personal choices in relation to Caucasians. Since its obvious your sense of objectivity is suspect and sense of loyalty seems to only be to yourself.

Sagamite:

Errrr . . . . . . . KnowAll seems to think as a Yoruba person, I owe something to Ibadan and I guess hence if I was rich, it is "my generational duty" to contribute. Can you read english?

Stop your generalisation, everybody is not your enemy.

In as much as i agree with some of the things that KnowAll says, it does not mean that i agree with asking all Yorubas to contribute to the building of a Palace.  If you take the time to get off your overblown ego, you would notice that i have not utter a word in support of Yoruba's contributing to the building of the Palace.

All i have said is that praise should be given where it is due and parrt of the praise is in having the class and personal dignity not to insult the Ibadan people or insult their King, even if you assume to think to know what is best for them as a people more than they do for themselves.

What happens in Sagamu is none of my business since am not from there, what sagamite people decide to do for themselves is none of my business either also considering since am not from there likewise. Hence it is not only rude, classless and wrong of you to call the Olubadan insultive names, it is also the height of pride for you to think it is your right or your duty to determine what Ibadan people want for themselves (considering that the issue of Olubadan Palace had been started far far long even before the present Olubadan got to the throne).

So what i am asking you is to keep your mouth shut if you have nothing constructive to say and stop insulting the Olubadan (he's old enough to be your grandfather) - yoruba culture portends one not to insult elders even if you disagree with them.

You claim to be yoruba man, yet you do not have the Yoruba understanding and sense of respect that dictates that Elders should not be insulted even if you disagree with them. You can disagree with people in general and Elders in particular without having to let your beastly nature result in you having to publicly rain insults on them.

Stop insulting the Ibadan people with your childish desires to feel publicly important.

Stop insulting the Yorubas as a whole with you insinuation that Hausa-Fulanis defeated the Yorubas as a whole, considering that that is not true [/b]and considering that Hausa-Fulanis were only able to [b]deceive and defeat the Afonjas (who were obviously an isolated group of Yoruba people who had decided to break away from the Oyo Empire of that time)

You can agree to disagree without having to stoop low to barbaric, insulting and idiotic levels against the Olubadan, Ibadan people and Yorubas in general

Sagamite:

Sorry mate, I have a valid opinion on an issue that is typical of my country and Africa in general. The people are suffering and the leaders are looking for ways to waste financial resources on self/public aggrandisation projects. It is so bad the "men of god me bleeping arse" are getting in on the act. N4bn me bleeping arse.

Kids can't get 2 linear meals, roads are bad, healthcare is non-existent and some slowpoke wants to build a palace with N4bn that "befits a king". So societal degradation befits Ibadan people?

Yes, I do (ala Olubadan). And I don't see where I have insulted Yorubas.

So the Bleep wha wha!!!

I repeat, SO THE Bleep WHA WHA!

No, it shows my basic abundance for objectivity and standing up for the right thing. So because Abacha is my elder and Head of State, then I am not allowed to criticise him? What a pathetic mentality.

I bet you are one of those that will let evil take place all in the name of culture and tradition. Culture me bleeping arse.

I stand for objectivity, fairness, intelligence and behaviours that foster collective societal good, not some you are Yoruba so you must do or support Yorubas or what Yorubas do.

Enlighten me on what he has done and I might withdraw my belligerent position towards him.

I don't have to show my level of intelligence. I am!

Conjectual balderdash!

What you can not get into your thick skull is that, whatever the reason for their victory, it is still a victory no matter what stupid excuse you make for it.

I bet the Hausas can also come up with excuses why they did not bother with pursuing their conquest downwards e.g. horsemanship was not suited for the terrain. It is all excuses.

My point still stands, Yorubas are no more special by blood or kinship than any other tribe. Only a stupid tribalist will come up with such stupid statements.

If you had the time to go through my post on this forumn you would have noticed that I am as blunt and fair as people can be.

-I do not go around claiming everything is bad in Nigeria or claiming everyone is corrupt or raining insults on people just for the sake of being able to do it in anonymity. It is always easy to sit behind your desk and claim a higher moral pedestal when you yourself have skeletons in your cupboard personally.
- Yes there is corruption in the country.
- Yes basic amenities are not being done.
- Nevertheless it does not mean some people are not doing the right thing.
- Nevertheless it does not mean that some people are not fighthing corruption.

2. A King in Nigeria does not control creation of roads or basic amenities, rather that is the job of the political government. Hence for you to go about claiming that because there are bad roads in Ibadan, Yoruba-land or Nigerian as whole is evidence or reason for you to insult the Olubadan, goes to show you are not objective at all, instead it shows your height of naiveity and ignorance and also shows  that you are obviously trying hard to really compensate for some inadequacies in your personal life by placing blames  where there is none to be placed.

3. The Olubadan does not control the state or local government budget.

4. The Olubadan does not control or decide on the creation of roads or basic amenities.

5. The best the Olubadan can do is to exert pressure on the people that do make policies and construction decisions.

6. Stop trying to create a straw man argument of blaming the Olubadan for something he personally has no direct control over.

7. I am actually beginning to suspect whether or not you are the same person as "Whitelexi" the two of you look alike somehow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> / Dividends Of Obasanjo's Regime. / We Won’t Surrender, John Togo’s Men Dare Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.