Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) (43882 Views)

Nse Ekpenyong Arraigned For Certificate ‘Forgery’ (Photo) / Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS / Mark Okoye, Anambra Youngest Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by bobbymore: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
chimere66:
Was Nigeria practising democracy then?See the word democratic
And chief Mathew Mbu at 23?
This is the 4th Republic, it was the first Republic
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by perlyc: 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
--[size=28pt]I C T Scholarship, Apply here:
http://rightlinkhere..com[/size]--
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by Tobium1(m): 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
mike404:
[size=30pt]ROZAY[/size] grin

Huh!!!!!
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by toprealman: 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Governor in the making.
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by chimere66: 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
bobbymore:

How about Donald Duke? He was a commissioner during Clement Ebri's regime. You can't count that democratic dispensation. He later became a Governor at the age of 32
Bros get ur information right.Donald Duke (born 30 September 1961 in Calabar) was the Governor of Cross River State, Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007.So when did we start practising democracy in Nigeria?You can see he was commissioner before 1999.Understood?That is the essence of nairaland,share ideas and learn from each other
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by naptu2: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
chimere66:
Bros get ur information right.Donald Duke (born 30 September 1961 in Calabar) was the Governor of Cross River State, Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007.So when did we start practising democracy in Nigeria?You can see he was commissioner before 1999.Understood?That is the essence of nairaland,share ideas and learn from each other

We practised diarchy (partial democracy) between 1991-1993 (two political parties - SDP and NRC). The governors and members of the National Assembly were all elected, while the President and Vice President were not elected.
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by maadman: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
chimere66:
So who's the youngest?

Gowon..as président of Nigeria
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by chimere66: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
naptu2:

We practised diarchy (partial democracy) between 1991-1993 (two political parties - SDP and NRC). The governors and members of the National Assembly were all elected, while the President and Vice President were not elected.
The post wasn't about partial democracy.I said democratic commissioner.Meaning from when Nigeria started 'complete' democracy not partial democracy
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by lurex2rhyme(m): 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
baba have ur records rite plz. former com of women affairs aks miss Eunice thomas. even former com of health in akwa ibom state Dr emem bassey. d were all under 30 at 2007 wen d assume office
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by DeNovo: 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
ehissi:
Forgerrabout, that one na football age!!

How can this grandfather be 30 years??

If he is 30 then I must be 19 years of age!!!cheesy

I know this guy and his family (very well i dare say), he is indeed 30! anyone who grew up in
Calabar will attest to that because he and his family are very well known.. !!!; anyways shave that beard and you would see
what i am talking about grin
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by naptu2: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
chimere66:
The post wasn't about partial democracy.I said democratic commissioner.Meaning from when Nigeria started 'complete' democracy not partial democracy

Cross River State was practising democracy at the time. The Governor and Deputy Governor were both elected. Anyway, I understand what you were trying to say (it'll make things easier if you just say "in the 4th Republic" ).
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by Babprosper20(m): 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
Iamoilprince:
Hes 30 but looks 55. Not the youngest

Football age!

Ricky Ross now a commisioner in Naija
lyk criosly, i tot money meks one younger? quote me up pls
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by Valintos147(f): 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
chimere66:
Asuquo Ekpenyong Becomes Nigeria’s Youngest Democratic Commissioner At 30

Born on September 25th 1985, he is the current Cross River State’s Finance Commissioner. He attended King’s College, Lagos, before proceeding to study Economics at the University of Reading, UK. He also bagged his Msc. Distinction in 
International Banking and Financial Services from the same university.

He attended the Key Executive Program at the Harvard Business School. He has also attended the Global Executive Leadership Program at Howard University Business School; the Executive Management Development Program at the University of Pretoria; the Euromoney Oil & Gas School London, etc.

He is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria. After a brief working stint in England, he returned to Nigeria to work as a Financial Analyst in Lagos and then relocated to Cross River to become a lecturer in the Banking and Finance Department of the University of Calabar.

He established Iquasu Ventures Ltd in 2010; he later took over as the MD of Chamley Bureau de Change Ltd. He was later appointed as the Executive Director for finance at Pearland Energy and Non-Executive Director at Ekondo Microfinance Bank Ltd

Source: http://trezzy2..com.ng/2015/12/asuquo-ekpenyong-becomes-nigerias.html?m=1
30?? But if that's true, Why is He looking Older than his current Age? So by the time he clock 40yrs # different look.
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by needrealuvabj81: 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
bros u said it all. Ambode looks better
Iamoilprince:

Football age!

Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by obafemi07066(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2015
Haba he is 30 bt really look like 45 grin grin grin
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
Iamoilprince:

Football age!

If i hear say that guy na 30yrs. In fact, if that guy as shown in the pic is 30, make my phone seize to work right now. Haba! That guy cant even be 45 and yet someone is telling us 30. Make una dey lie small small o. God dey watch.

1 Like

Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by NigLasPresident: 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
obaobirin:

i dont think so.. Mr Chris hails from Akwa Ibom state while Asuoquo hails from Cross River State
don't mind the propagandist, all they know to do best is spend time looking for ways to fool gullible followers rather than spend time moving the country forward
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by janefrancisca(f): 4:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
Some Nigerians sha....Why do people always find joy in faulting others. See people arguing about his age..some saying football age...should that be your business. At his age, see what he has been able to achieve. He knew he was going to be a leader one day, hence he made sure he empowered himself educationally and even in the leadership aspect by attending various seminars on leadership. What i see here is a man with vision. His age should be a motivating factor for youths to aspire and achieve better feat and not something to generate dumb comments like am seeing here.
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by 3kay945(m): 4:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
How ever he looks, his profile looks superb.
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by NigLasPresident: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
akwaowoudo:

Did Prof. Barth Nnaji's profile not show that he had substance yet he failed as the then minister of power?

Really? Expatiate on his failures please
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by NigLasPresident: 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
bobbymore:
Sorry, he is not the youngest democratic commissioner. Donald Duke was 25 when he was made a commissioner during then Clement Ebri's government of Cross River State. He was commissioner of Finance. Senator (Bar) Victor Ndoma Egba (SAN) was a commissioner at 27 though during a military regime. Besides if we go back into history another great Cross Riverian Chief (bar) Ambassador Mathew Tawo Mbu was 23 years old, when he became the first High Commissioner of Nigeria to the United Kingdom at the first Republic. Please check your facts first
WOW! Cross river really has shown love to the youths by involving them a lot in politics... The youths from Cross River must be very intelligent and pro active if those name once served in government in their youth age. You guys should keep it up and I pray the whole of Nigeria follows the good examples of this people. And don't disappoint the youths of this great nation young man
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by NigLasPresident: 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
SerialGist:

If i hear say that guy na 30yrs. In fact, if that guy as shown in the pic is 30, make my phone seize to work right now. Haba! That guy cant even be 45 and yet someone is telling us 30. Make una dey lie small small o. God dey watch.

e pain this one well well sha... How old are you now? Don't worry, just wish him well and pray ur child breaks his record. One love
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by azimibraun: 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ricky Rosey.............
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
he is fat.... does being fat make a guy's body look younger?

Redslip:
Hian, his head looks 40 while the body looks 30 lipsrsealed

Well, maybe he's a footballer grin grin
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by NigLasPresident: 4:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
lurex2rhyme:
baba have ur records rite plz. former com of women affairs aks miss Eunice thomas. even former com of health in akwa ibom state Dr emem bassey. d were all under 30 at 2007 wen d assume office

wow so it's the whole region that appreciate youths in government then? Kudos to that region and keep the flag flying and youths from there please don't soil the efforts of your heroes past
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by 9jaRonin(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
Floreat.... wink
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by Vikky014(f): 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
MrPresident1:
The more knowledge you have the older you will look. Knowledge and wisdom is a burden.
hmmm
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
Iamoilprince:

Football age!

Beef!
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by flexygift(m): 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
End time age
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by ehissi(m): 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
DeNovo:

I know this guy and his family (very well i dare say), he is indeed 30! anyone who grew up in
Calabar will attest to that because he and his family are very well known.. !!!; anyways shave that beard and you would see
what i am talking about grin

Bros are you sure? This guy resemble who senior Rick ross Oh; and everybody know say ricki rozay is not 29 Ooooh!!!??grin

But on a more serious note; bros na U??Because in this era of change, every man is a suspect!! cheesy

Even me right now I dey suspect myself because I no see fuel buy take watch news; make I know the temperature of bayelsa! The only fuel wey dey now na #120 per litre ontop fuel subsidy and the minister of petroleum no gree give explanation!!

Wat hapin!!! angry angry
Re: Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) by tpiar: 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
his bread don butter be that, however, how does his news concern me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pat Utomi Inspects Aba Automated Shoe Factory / Ben Obi's Outfit To Nigeria & Argentina Match In Russia. Photos / Labour Blocks Chris Ngige's House With A Tanker In Protest - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.