Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? (69124 Views)

Closure Of Sachet Water Firms In Kano: 2m Youths To Lose Jobs / Top 100 Best Companies/firms To Work For In Nigeria / The Leading Law Firms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by 4chi: 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
Top ten
Banwo & ighodalo
Aelex
Canaan Solicitors
The law union
chris Ogunbanjo & co
Wale Babalakin & co
Adepetun,Caxton Martins&Agbor
Matrix Solicitors
Olaniwun Ajayi & co
Templars

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by DGovernor4: 9:20am On Apr 05, 2012
please someone should check Kolaawodeinandco
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by baldman: 6:58pm On Apr 18, 2012
I expect that Sagamite's opinion about the top law firms in Nigeria would have changed by now. Does anyone have new facts about top rated firms in Nigeria?

I will vote 1. Olanihun Ajayi 2. Banwo & Ighodalo, 3. ACAS 4. Aluko & Oyebode,5. Udo Udoma, 6. Templars 7. Babalakin, 8. Aelex 9. Okeke & Ajumogobia and Punuka Solicitors.

Does any one have a clue as to how much these law firms pay their Associates and Senior Associates
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by donjohano(m): 8:56am On Apr 30, 2012
This comprehensive guide should help you all:

http://www.chambersandpartners.com/Global
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by tchaik(m): 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2012
All the Lawyers in the house RESPECT!!!! Please I have a very urgent and important issue that I need to be clarified on. I want to know about Patent; how to apply and get one, and who can. Also, what is the importance of 'Patenting' your product.
NB:please you can drop your phone nos. for further contact.
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by yamakuza: 10:27pm On Apr 30, 2012
tchaik: All the Lawyers in the house RESPECT!!!! Please I have a very urgent and important issue that I need to be clarified on. I want to know about Patent; how to apply and get one, and who can. Also, what is the importance of 'Patenting' your product.
NB:please you can drop your phone nos. for further contact.

www.jacksonettiandedu.com/patent.html
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by mzg: 11:04am On May 02, 2012
is there anyway i can get a ranking on Olisa Aagbakoba & Associates. heard its on of the leading firms in Nigeria but no one has mentioned it yet. thankx
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by baldman: 5:44pm On May 08, 2012
Olisa Agbakoba is a big shot in the legal profession but the firm is not. It is, at best, a mid-tier firm.
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by eldee(m): 8:46pm On May 18, 2012
I recently read something about International law firms going into Nigeria. I'm talking Magic Circle, that's the DLA Pipers and the Slaughter & Mays.
They killed South Africa a decade ago, so this list will probably not be the same in about half a decade.
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by roundrobin(f): 11:31am On May 22, 2012
Hello people. Please has anyone worked with A.O.S practice Law firm?
I want to apply there.can anyone also help me with info on law firms
That major in property law. Thank u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by barrf: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
Hello Guys. can someone pls tell me about canaan solicitors. I have an interview there tomorrow. what's the place like? work environment, pay structure, etc. kindly send me a mail on hotshortie2@yahoo.co.uk. thanks guys
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by BrandKing: 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2012
Are you in need of an affordable and professional;

Website Design
Logo Design
Roll-Up Banner
Flyers and Brochures
Graphic and Print Works
Business Card
Letter Head
Envelope
Customized Car Air-Freshener
and many more.

Contact Us today on - 01-8127254, 08034010652 or visit - www.nirominteractivesolutions.com

Nirom Interactive Solutions Limited
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by demolaadeogun: 4:45am On Mar 01, 2013
AJUMOGOBIA & OKEKE is a leading commercial law firm in Nigeria. With our international experience and local expertise across a wide spectrum of practise areas, we have become "the firm of choice". A&O is one of West Africa's largest intergrated partnership with offices in Nigeria, regional connections and a continental outlook.

http://www.ajumogobiaokeke.com/
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
Intresting... *My first time in the career section*
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by yamakuza: 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
WinnieDPooh: Intresting... *My first time in the career section*

really? are you a lawyer?
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
yamakuza:

really? are you a lawyer?

No I'm not i was just intrested in the title of the topic.

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by tapingil(m): 7:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
people just keep naming the firms cos they read about them in pages of newspapers and they would look like they do have commercial success. But have you taken time out to study how these things work... Some law ferms shy away from the spotlight and are really doing better than all the names people keep calling here.. tried to research some firms and wes really suprised that some have worn more cases @ the supreme court than even Falana and all the names been mentioned here. Some even reject the chance to apply for the revered SAN title cos they do believe that it has been politicised... So for you to really know, i think that you shoukd not go to the pages of newespapers to get the good firms and you couldd aslo include some firms outside lagos in your search for good firms....

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by NigeriaPatriot: 11:00am On May 27, 2013
This is an update on this topic:

https://www.nairaland.com/1297969/leading-law-firms-nigeria

Have a look at it
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by yeanqus: 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN 2013 SUMMER SCHOOL FOR AFRICAN LAWYERS & FINANCE PROFESSIONAL.

From 2nd to 20th September, 2013, Davids Graduate School of Finance in conjunction with the University of Lagos will be holding two strategic maiden ‘Executive Summer School’ editions for African Corporate Lawyers and Fund and Investment Managers taking place at the University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria. This will be an intensive three weeks mini master’s programme for participants across the Africa in Lagos, which will be an annual citadel hub for professionals in finance to network and reboot their understanding on various innovations, opportunities and new global directions for the global and regional financial markets.

After the market crash of 2008, the biggest challenge confronting everyone in the asset management industry is to regain the trust of the investor. This effort will require more transparency, more communication with investors (especially about risk), and better management of expectations than is currently done by the asset management industry, which will come from knowledge leadership that we hope to champion through this programme.

We wish to use this opportunity to invite you to the summer school and some members of your organisation and related group. The summer school will attract leading professionals in law and finance across African continent and other emerging economies; with the quest to rebalance and reposition their career and focus on developmental knowledge in corporate finance, a skilled in competitive and high demand across the continent currently; and also afford participants opportunities to learn from the best in finance and financial markets across the world with the mixture of both academics and professional expertise; while positioning for the future opportunities of career diversification, increased human capital that is in in high demand, entrepreneurship and strategic growing business portfolios.

Some of the leading speakers that will be joining you to grace the occasion are Iris Mack, PhD; EMBA, a Harvard doctorate in Applied Mathematics and a London Business School MBA. She is a former MIT professor. Dr. Mack is also a former Derivatives Quant/Trader who has worked in financial institutions in the U.S., London and Asia. She is currently under contract with the Global Finance Division of John Wiley to write a book entitled "Energy Trading and Risk Management." Ana Lucia, is the founder and chief executive of Swiss Financial Engineering with experience in the banking industry in the areas of Investment Banking, Portfolio and Asset Management and Private Banking, with prior work in Zurich-based Swiss Capital Engineering AG (Scape) and Swiss UBS AG in Zurich (Switzerland), and was as Client Advisor responsible for the Wealth Management of private clients in numerous countries; Cees Uijlenhoed, is an E&P professional with over 25 years' experience with Shell International. He has held senior executive positions as the Finance Director for Shell Middle East and as Finance Director for Shell in Africa; and Dapo Otunla, Attorney with broad-based transactional experience representing a variety of Fortune 250 clients in domestic and cross-border transactions. Also have a keen fascination with international affairs, with specialties on emerging market transactions in the areas of lending and structured finance. Also have experience in mergers and acquisition, leveraged lease, corporate organization, domestic and other financing transactions.

If you are interested, kindly contact directly the programme advisor- Tunde Adeyemi at tunde.adeyemi@dgsf.edu.ng and +2348111115225 to register your participation or send a mail to [url]summerschool@dgsf.edu.ng[/url] for more information or express consideration.

OR Visit www.dgsf.edu.ng/summerschool

Thank you and hope to see you soon in Lagos- The center of excellence.

Sincerely,

Prof. Mrs. E. O Adegbite Dr. Okafor Bennard Babatunde Adeyemi
Coordinating Advisors Strategic Advisors Programme Advisors
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by ChikezieEmma: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2013
My brda worked in wole Olanipekun &co(94 Norman William street Ikoyi) after 3yrs of grad.he was getn #110k wt an official kia cerato car.wole has no equal in election petition if u ask me.My brda worked in wole Olanipekun &co(94 Norman William street Ikoyi) after 3yrs of grad.he was getn #110k wt an official kia cerato car.wole has no equal in election petition if u ask me.My brda worked in wole Olanipekun &co(94 Norman William street Ikoyi) after 3yrs of grad.he was getn #110k wt an official kia cerato car.wole has no equal in election petition if u ask me.

1 Like

Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by Johnmichael2016: 7:26am On Nov 28, 2016
Discover Legal Forms Software

Legal matters are something that we can’t just ignore or take lightly. If we take wrong actions regarding these issues, we can find ourselves in trouble. Hence, it is advisable that whatever legal actions that needs to be taken; hiring an attorney is the best thing to do. But, there are times when we just can’t afford to hire the services of an attorney. After all, most attorney fees are just too high that it can literally rip off our pockets.

So what we can do is to know whether a legal matter is just a routine one. In which case, you can just rely on legal forms without having to hire an attorney. If you have some backgrounds with law, you can even make your own legal forms. But, without any knowledge of law procedures, this is not an option since you wouldn’t know the right legal words used in a legal form.

Don’t lose hope just yet. With the technology continuing to evolve, you still got another options. The internet. Yes, there are lots of legal forms available online for free downloads. Or if you want, you can create your own even without proper law education. How? By using legal forms software.

Legal forms software products are basically programs which can make your legal forms creation as easy as 1, 2 and 3. Most of these come with kits of forms that are easy to fill up and come with instructions. Hence, even if you’re not a lawyer, you can do this without trouble. Now, if you’re a lawyer, legal forms software can do a lot of good to you. Imagine, with this software, you can create legal forms for your clients in a matter of minutes. You can also accomplish filling up hundreds of forms with it.

Different Legal Forms Software Available

For your appropriate needs, there are different legal forms software products available. Here are some of them;

• Legal Forms Software for Bankruptcy – this is what you need when you are in need of forms for filing bankruptcy

• Legal Forms Software for Divorce – you don’t have to worry about getting forms and filing for the dissolution of your marriage

• Software for HR and Employee Manual Legal Forms – if you own a business or works as HR Manager, this software is for you. You can use this to create handbooks for employees, contracts, arbitration, employee assessment forms, etc.

• Software for Living Will Legal Forms – for family attorneys, this is a handy tool for you. If you are planning to create your own living will, this will be useful.

• Software for Legal Forms used in Home Sales – with these, you can create your own forms whenever you need to sell your home so you can transfer to a new one.

• Software for Creating Power of Attorney Legal Forms – this will help you save on high prices of hiring an attorney to create power of attorney forms for you.

Depending on what you need, these software products should be helpful. There are still lots of software available on the internet. However, you should be aware that you need to be careful when looking for software on the web. You know, there are some hoaxes out there and you want to avoid these. But, if you know what and where to look, you can even get the best deals on legal forms software on the internet. You can find discounted or even free software for legal forms creation.

Streamsowers & Kohn , Law Firm in Nigeria . 2016 Dispute Resolution Award Winner

CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL, LEGISLATIVE OVERSIGHT & RELATED GOVERNMENTAL ACTIVITIES, INFRASTRUCTURE & PRIVATISATION

DISPUTE RESOLUTION,ENERGY & NATURAL RESOURCES,AVIATION
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by Johnmichael2016: 7:32am On Nov 28, 2016
Streamsowers & Kohn , This Law Firm is among the top Law Firm in Nigeria . 2016 Dispute Resolution Award Winner

Here are thier main area of Practice : CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL, LEGISLATIVE OVERSIGHT & RELATED GOVERNMENTAL ACTIVITIES, INFRASTRUCTURE & PRIVATISATION

DISPUTE RESOLUTION, ENERGY & NATURAL RESOURCES,AVIATION
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by Johnmichael2016: 7:45am On Nov 28, 2016
Streamsowers & Kohn , This Law Firm is among the top Law Firm in Nigeria . 2016 Dispute Resolution Award Winner

Here are thier main area of Practice : CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL, LEGISLATIVE OVERSIGHT & RELATED GOVERNMENTAL ACTIVITIES, INFRASTRUCTURE & PRIVATISATION

DISPUTE RESOLUTION,ENERGY & NATURAL RESOURCES,AVIATION

Here are some of the Lawyers in the Firm

Etigwe Uwa, SAN

Etigwe is the Partner in charge of the Dispute Resolution Practice of the Firm. He was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1990 and is regarded as a fine litigator, whose reputation has been founded on intensive experience of the Nigerian court system at all levels. Etigwe was conferred with the rank of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (the equivalent of the Queen’s Counsel UK), in 2010.

His litigation and arbitration experience span a wide range of areas including commercial disputes, international trade, oil and gas, telecommunications, company law, maritime and aviation, intellectual property, employment, personal injury, construction, trade disputes, insurance, taxation, banks and other financial institutions. He also has an established reputation as an authority on Nigerian aviation law.

Etigwe is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK and a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.

Chiagozie Hilary-Nwokonko

Chiagozie is a Partner at Streamsowers & Köhn. He also heads the Firm’s Energy and Natural Resources and Legislative Advocacy Groups. Chiagozie graduated from the University of Cambridge, England in 1986 and initially trained as a Marketing Management Trainee with Unilever Plc in the United Kingdom. He was called to the Nigerian Bar as a Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1991. Chiagozie was also a United Kingdom Government Chevening Scholar at the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy of the University of Dundee, Scotland.

Chiagozie is regarded as being in the top rank of Nigerian solicitors, combining intellectual depth with commercial nous. Chiagozie has dealt extensively with issues of Nigerian Foreign Investment and Corporate Law, General Commercial Law, Oil and Gas, Environmental Law, Mining Law, Construction Law and Taxation.

Chiagozie has acted as team leader in several notable energy transactions, one of which was the listing of an oil and gas company on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange in 2012, which was the largest listing of an oil and gas company at the time.

Chiagozie is a member of the Section on Energy and Natural Resources Law of the International Bar Association and the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.

Adeyinka Aderemi

Adeyinka is a Partner at Streamsowers & Köhn, where he also plays an integral role as the Firm’s Head of Chambers. Adeyinka was admitted as a Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 2001 and has since garnered unbroken and intensive experience in Civil Litigation and Arbitration. He has appeared before several courts and tribunals across Nigeria, at first instance and appellate levels, representing many clients in complex civil and commercial disputes.

Adeyinka’s practice has spanned Corporate and Commercial Law, Taxation, Wills and Administration of Estates, Labour and Employment Law, Insurance, Maritime Law and Admiralty including the enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards.

A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, (UK), Adeyinka is also a member of the International Centre for Commercial Arbitration.

Tamuno Atekebo

Tamuno Atekebo heads the Firm’s Corporate and Commercial Practice and Infrastructure and Privatisation Group. He was admitted as a Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1995.

Tamuno is an experienced and versatile lawyer combining outstanding experience as a solicitor engaged in Commercial and Corporate Law and Practice, Project Finance, Energy and Natural Resources Law, with a significant record of Civil Litigation. He has advised local and foreign financial institutions in several multi-million dollar credit facilities. He has demonstrated excellence in providing effective legal solutions to issues arising from commercial transactions.

Tamuno is a member of the Capital Markets Solicitors Association, the Rules and Compliance Sub-Committee of the Capital Markets Committee and the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.

Chinasa Unaegbunam

Chinasa is a team leader in the Firm’s Infrastructure and Privatization Practice and also heads the Aviation Practice at Streamsowers & Köhn. She has been involved in review of power industry template contracts and advised on proposed greenfield power projects. She is currently advising a company seeking to obtain an embedded generation licence. She is also a seasoned litigator and arbitrator and has represented multinational corporations in several litigation and arbitration proceedings.

She was part of the team responsible for drafting the Civil Aviation Act and the subsequent declarations made by Nigeria in pursuance of the Cape Town Convention.

In addition to being a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, (UK), Chinasa is also a member of the International Aviation Women’s Association.
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by LadyJasper: 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lawyers in the house, please I want to apply to Okuna Kenneth and Co. located in Karu, Abuja, does anyone have any ideas about the firm like its practice areas and salary scale? I'm coming from a far distance and I want to know if it's worth the stress. Thanks.
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by mezeadichie: 2:33am On Jun 02, 2017
Law Firms in Lagos Island Nigeria - Streamsowers & Kohn's | Pre-eminent law firm in Nigeria acting institutionally in advancing the interests of our clients.

http://www.sskohn.com/

Our modus operandi is to act in the best interest of our clients within the rules. Accordingly, on behalf of our clients, we are firm but fair; resolute but courteous; innovative and daring; and, attentive to the concerns of others without losing focus of our clients’ legitimate objectives. http://www.sskohn.com/practice-areas/energy-natural-resources/

As experienced commercial lawyers, we have an understanding of the goals of commercial people. We understand the interplay of international expectations and the Nigerian business environment. We are aware of the principles and tools for the delivery of excellent legal services both internationally and in the Nigerian context. We possess the necessary intellectual and managerial ability, technology, contacts and other resources to support our clients in achieving their set goals. We deploy all our resources to ensure that our services are of demonstrable value to our clients. http://www.sskohn.com/practice-areas/aviation/
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by Johnmichael2016: 2:53am On Jun 02, 2017
Law Firms in Lagos Island Nigeria - Streamsowers & Kohn's | Pre-eminent law firm in Nigeria acting institutionally in advancing the interests of our clients.

http://www.sskohn.com/

Our modus operandi is to act in the best interest of our clients within the rules. Accordingly, on behalf of our clients, we are firm but fair; resolute but courteous; innovative and daring; and, attentive to the concerns of others without losing focus of our clients’ legitimate objectives. http://www.sskohn.com/practice-areas/infrastructure-privatisation/

As experienced commercial lawyers, we have an understanding of the goals of commercial people. We understand the interplay of international expectations and the Nigerian business environment. We are aware of the principles and tools for the delivery of excellent legal services both internationally and in the Nigerian context. We possess the necessary intellectual and managerial ability, technology, contacts and other resources to support our clients in achieving their set goals. We deploy all our resources to ensure that our services are of demonstrable value to our clients. http://www.sskohn.com/practice-areas/corporate-commercial/
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by diago01: 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ukiri Lijadu

‘U&L’ is a full service commercial legal practice firm with a fresh innovative and creative approach to client care. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes quality assured service based on technology and using innovation and expertise to constantly add value. We apply care with integrity.

The firm has specialized counsel with decades of experience in their respective practice areas. The firm aims to deliver quality legal services to its clients with the highest professional and ethical standards.
We have combined over 30 years of strategic relationships, transaction, and dispute case work to create a homegrown law practice that confidently navigates the challenges and opportunities in Nigeria and Africa's emerging market place.

Whether negotiating contracts, securing trade deals, or anticipating potential risks and conflicts, U&L employs expertise in local contexts and decades-long cross continent relationships to deliver timely and effective results to every situation.
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by diago01: 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
Top Commercial Law Firm in Lagos Ukiri Lijadu http://ul-law.com

Ukiri and Lijadu is a full service commercial legal practice firm with a fresh innovative and creative approach to client care. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes quality assured service based on technology and using innovation and expertise to constantly add value. We apply care with integrity.

The firm has specialized counsel with decades of experience in their respective practice areas. The firm aims to deliver quality legal services to its clients with the highest professional and ethical standards.
We have combined over 30 years of strategic relationships, transaction, and dispute case work to create a homegrown law practice that confidently navigates the challenges and opportunities in Nigeria and Africa's emerging market place.

Whether negotiating contracts, securing trade deals, or anticipating potential risks and conflicts, U&L employs expertise in local contexts and decades-long cross continent relationships to deliver timely and effective results to every situation.
Re: Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? by jayjay1010: 10:36pm On May 26, 2018
Resolution Law firm is based in Lagos Nigeria, and render services across the country.
Resolution Law firm is an innovative law firm which renders inexpensive services to clients across Nigeria, especially in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
The law firm focuses on assisting businesses with legal requirements among other services.
Our lawyers are very enthusiastic about legal services and have a passion for assisting both individuals and businesses in Nigeria.
To know more about us and what we do, please visit: www.resolutionlawng.com
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree / Yoghurt Seller Shares Humble Beginning, Wows Many With Transformation (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.