Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,750 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official (23032 Views)

Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) / Currency-in-circulation Drops To N1.769 Trillion / Naira is Worst Performing Currency In Africa In 2016-The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official by ibnjarir93(m): 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
Karleb:

No no no, you're not getting it.

It's actually after I made you admit you know nothing about what you're contributing to. I'm sure your opinion about EUR/Euro Zone are just hearsay and beer palour discussions.

Now tell me, who ate the humble pie?
I admitted I know nothing about currency( monetary economics) for the sake of humility. But you were wrong in confusing discourse with duscuss even if you admit it or not.
Your criticism of my criticism of ECOWAS single currency by citing EURO as an example is not based on facts, rather on not subscribing to groupthink.
Everyone knows that the primary inspiration for the so-called ECOWAS single currency is EURO. What better way to prove its implausibility and unsustainability than citing the failure of EURO and how it hurts the smaller economies of its member countries?
ECOWAS single currency project may appeal to emotions and nothing beyond that.
Re: ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official by Karleb(m): 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
ibnjarir93:
I admitted I know nothing about currency( monetary economics) for the sake of humility. But you were wrong in confusing discourse with duscuss even if you admit it or not.
Your criticism of my criticism of ECOWAS single currency by citing EURO as an example is not based on facts, rather on not subscribing to groupthink.
Everyone knows that the primary inspiration for the so-called ECOWAS single currency is EURO. What better way to prove its implausibility and unsustainability than citing the failure of EURO and how it hurts the smaller economies of its member countries?
ECOWAS single currency project may appeal to emotions and nothing beyond that.

The main reason ECOWAS is thinking of uniting it's states with a currency is as a result of West African States Economic instability and not Euro's success.

Euro was created in 1999 and ECOWAS can only think of a single currency for its states 15yrs later, if they wanted to mimic the European, they'll have simply followed suit some 7yrs ago of which I know most West Africa countries won't agree to because then, their economy was in good shape.

So you think most smaller countries that you think are suffering in the EURO Zone will be better off if the exit? Why don't ask yourself why they joined in the first place?

BTW, you admitted you knew nothing about Currencies because of your ignorance not humility and it's knew not know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank Now Charges N20 For All USSD Transactions / How Long Does It Take For Cheques To Clear In Nigeria Banks / Aliko Dangote's Nephew, Kally, Graduates From UK University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.