Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Tecno L5 official discussions - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L5 official discussions (87994 Views)

Innjoo Fire 2 Plus Official Discussions Thread / TECNO L8 Official Discussions Thread / Tecno L5 Price In Nigeria And Specifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Donpre(m): 9:41am On Dec 19, 2015
madjnr:
okay ,am on the fence ,I don't know which to go for btw l5 and m3 mini...the mt6580 and two fingers touch on l5 make it awful...while the amigo 3.1 on m3 mini is too heavily customized ...pls can you run a battery test on the l5...from 100 to 20% pls
guy come down from the fence b4 police men see yougrin

if amigo is your problem, would you rather use Google's factory UI(on infinix hot 2)? I heard its too under-customised

I just wanna say, don't go buying the L5, then hating tecno for selling you a powerbank with an IPS display... Gionee M3 is a complete phone(doesn't lack in anything), no compromises whatsoever... But then its your choiceundecided
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Marvell23(m): 9:59am On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

@bolded
is there any official post to back this up... abi you be engineer for mediatek?

L5 users and false claims.... watching in HD cool
check all the phones that came with the chipset paired with 1gb RAM it's the same story. How can you give 64bit architecture 1gb to process the work smoothly for u. Infinix hot 2 and Tecno L5 will murder the Gionee m3mini in multitasking I still repeat.

1 Like

Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by madjnr: 10:22am On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

guy come down from the fence b4 police men see yougrin

if amigo is your problem, would you rather use Google's factory UI(on infinix hot 2)? I heard its too under-customised

I just wanna say, don't go buying the L5, then hating tecno for selling you a powerbank with an IPS display... Gionee M3 is a complete phone(doesn't lack in anything), no compromises whatsoever... But then its your choiceundecided
I would have gone for infinix hot 2 but the battery is not even up to the m2 mini
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Donpre(m): 10:22am On Dec 19, 2015
Marvell23:
check all the phones that came with the chipset paired with 1gb RAM it's the same story. How can you give 64bit architecture 1gb to process the work smoothly for u. Infinix hot 2 and Tecno L5 will murder the Gionee m3mini in multitasking I still repeat.
you realize that virtually no app on android is built to utilize lollipop's 64bit codes, even lollipop's source code only has a little part that supports 64bit... so technically Android is still 32bits, as such only utilizes the 32bits architecture in the mt67xx chipsets

I actually think L5 would suck at multitasking, considering what happened to Tecno's C series
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Donpre(m): 10:32am On Dec 19, 2015
madjnr:
I would have gone for infinix hot 2 but the battery is not even up to the m2 mini
you still dey fence abi?undecided

Guy I'd say chill for another set of low/mid range phones entirely... or do what I do, get a notepad, a pen and a ruler.... Write out the phones you have in mind and their specs in tabular form against each other, then compare and contrast until you're sure you've come down from the fencegrin

trust me, I wanted to get the Hot 2 or C5... But there is no way I'd consider the L5, the specs suck!
BTW, Hot 2 back 8mp camera is totally useless!!!!
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Rashdimuh(m): 10:55am On Dec 19, 2015
I want to buy btw tecno l5 n gionee m3 mini advice me
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Donpre(m): 10:58am On Dec 19, 2015
Rashdimuh:
I want to buy btw tecno l5 n gionee m3 mini advice me
I'd say gionee m3 mini but still the choice is yours
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Rashdimuh(m): 11:03am On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:
I'd say gionee m3 mini but still the choice is yours
pls why m3mini
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Hormor14(m): 11:21am On Dec 19, 2015
madjnr:
okay ,am on the fence ,I don't know which to go for btw l5 and m3 mini...the mt6580 and two fingers touch on l5 make it awful...while the amigo 3.1 on m3 mini is too heavily customized ...pls can you run a battery test on the l5...from 100 to 20% pls
OK sure will show you screenshots tomorrow... let me ask what can 3touch or more touch phone do that you can do with l5 .' you wanna use three finger to type or play games ?
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Hormor14(m): 11:26am On Dec 19, 2015
Raymondluv:
wen playing modern combat does it hook at all?
does hook in campaign ,except for the blurry graphics no problem with but I dont know about multiplayer yet ..
but the game is shit now ...Gameloft so greedy
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Hormor14(m): 11:26am On Dec 19, 2015
has anybody been able to root this phone
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Donpre(m): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
Rashdimuh:
pls why m3mini
awesome GPU(Mali T720... supports Open GL 3.1 and Directx 9)... prefect gaming device (MC4, NFS MW, A8, Nova 3 felt console-like)

quad core 64bit MT6735m CPU, with awesome power management and less heat generation... Android is upgrading to 64bit, you don't wanna be left behind. M3 mini also doesn't ever get hot... like EVER! even when using and charging

4000mah battery.... Super awesome battery life, plus its removable. Its Gionee[one of china's biggest brands] they'd not use fake stuff or lie, especially in their notable M series

Super badazz Camera... Its no camon phone but doesn't disappoint.... I compared it with my friends Hot 2 and its was a "Flawless victory" for my m3 mini despite the 3mp difference

No complains whatsoever... Apart from some little multitasking which is normal for all 1gb RAM lollipop device even the nexus-like Hot 2, the phone is faultless, mine is a month+ now and I don't see any issue to complain about

M3 mini is a phone design for its long lasting battery life, same with all M series phone yet doesn't make you feel like you only bought a power bank, cus its also thrives at everything elsegrin

Drops mic... continues sipping his LA casera

3 Likes

Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Donpre(m): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2015
Hormor14:
does hook in campaign ,except for the blurry graphics no problem with but I dont know about multiplayer yet ..
for the graphics, I'd help you with the same technique I used whilst using a Mali 400mp device(My beloved Tecno F5)... it involves root access tho and I'm totally clueless if it would work on lollipop

ever heard of GLtools?

Hormor14:
has anybody been able to root this phone
L5 now has twrp... you need to flash it via PC... then flash SuperSU binary by TWRP
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Rashdimuh(m): 11:39am On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

awesome GPU(Mali T720... supports Open GL 3.1 and Directx 9)... prefect gaming device (MC4, NFS MW, A8, Nova 3 felt console-like)

quad core 64bit MT6735m CPU, with awesome power management and less heat generation... Android is upgrading to 64bit, you don't wanna be left behind. M3 mini also doesn't ever get hot... like EVER! even when using and charging

4000mah battery.... Super awesome battery life, plus its removable. Its Gionee[one of china's biggest brands] they'd not use fake stuff or lie, especially in their notable M series

Super badazz Camera... Its no camon phone but doesn't disappoint.... I compared it with my friends Hot 2 and its was a "Flawless victory" for my m3 mini despite the 3mp difference

No complains whatsoever... Apart from some little multitasking which is normal for all 1gb RAM lollipop device even the nexus-like Hot 2, the phone is faultless, mine is a month+ now and I don't see any issue to complain about

M3 mini is a phone design for its long lasting battery life, same with all M series phone yet doesn't make you feel like you only bought a power bank, cus its also thrives at everything elsegrin

lol you ve convinced me
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by madjnr: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2015
Hormor14:
OK sure will show you screenshots tomorrow... let me ask what can 3touch or more touch phone do that you can do with l5 .' you wanna use three finger to type or play games ?
okay will be awaiting your screen shot ..sometimes our fingers make three or four fingers swipe while typing fast or playing game ....one more thing is the battery in anyway removeable
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by madjnr: 11:45am On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

lol boss,this one na fatality o,but ur battery dey last 15 or 13 hours on heavy usage ..am talking about screen time
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Jidibia(m): 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2015
Marvell23:
Lies from the pit of hell. Multitasking on Gionee m3 mini is flawless. I repeat, u cant even compare tecno l5 to gionee m3 mini. Pls if u are tecno sales agent fine, just go ahead but do not mislead the general public. I can open more than 10 apps on my m3 mini @ a spot without itch...
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Donpre(m): 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
Rashdimuh:
lol you ve convinced me
welcome to the crew... but if it turns out you don't like the m3 mini, no blame am for my head o... I'm only suggestinggrin

BTW, did I mention M3 mini has OTG function and can charge other phones?... oh yea, I forgot that, because m3 mini users do not even consider that a feature unlike some phones, whose selling point is OTG.. **Evil Laugh**gringringrin

don't even get me started on the awesome sound system?... cus I'd just get banned for trespassing and almost causing major bad market for tecno
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by shedo4sure: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
Lolz..... I'm enjoying this debate between tecno l5 and gioone m3 mini... Keep on...
ROUND 2, FIGHT....
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Donpre(m): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
madjnr:
lol boss,this one na fatality o,but ur battery dey last 15 or 13 hours on heavy usage ..am talking about screen time
11 hours on 3g straight constant downloading... the screen was ON the whole time plus I was using a power draining VPN app.... this is no exaggeration, I posted a battery reviews and screenshots of my 10% per hour drain on phisphon VPN and 3G download(was even listening to music too)

haven't done a gaming or movie test(which are the other 2 heavy usage tasks I know)... But if the battery didn't stand up to a 4000mah battery, Users would have complain.... na me for shout pass
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Jidibia(m): 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2015
shedo4sure:
Lolz..... I'm enjoying this debate between tecno l5 and gioone m3 mini... Keep on...
ROUND 2, FIGHT....
The sharpness and brightness of gionee m3 mini is superb. The speaker is wow. It has a call function where u can record your calls if u so wish. You can fake ur call as well.
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by shedo4sure: 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
Jidibia:

The sharpness and brightness of gionee m3 mini is superb. The speaker is wow. It has a call function where u can record your calls if u so wish. You can fake ur call as well.

Wow... M3m has launched a gr8 punch 2wards l5.. Can it withstand d punch? With d points made so far, m3m is leading... L5 users pls come up with reasonable points 2 prove dat ur fones r nt just power banks as they r fondly called. Lolz....
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Jidibia(m): 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
shedo4sure:

Wow... M3m has launched a gr8 punch 2wards l5.. Can it withstand d punch? With d points made so far, m3m is leading... L5 users pls come up with reasonable points 2 prove dat ur fones r nt just power banks as they r fondly called. Lolz....
Gionee m3 mini WiFi connectivity distance is great as well. Ran a WiFi test against tecno c8, infinix hot note and infinix hot2, gionee m3 mini won. When my m3 mini has already connected and blazing from afar, hot2, c8 and hot not were still scrambling for network. They could only connect when the got closer to the server.

1 Like

Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by shedo4sure: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2015
Jidibia:

is m3m camera auto-focus enabled? Cos l5 isn't..
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Donpre(m): 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
shedo4sure:
is m3m camera auto-focus enabled? Cos l5 isn't..
see for yourself

Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by shedo4sure: 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

see for yourself
with wat i av seen/read so far, also having handled d l5, i nw believe dat it's no match 4 d m3m.. Bt 1.0ghz clock speed Isn't it poor compared 2 d 1.3ghz found on d l5 Plz, 4get abt d gpu nd chipset, i just wanna knw, cos i'm considering replacing my beloved h6 with d m3m due it's high ba3 capacity and oda superior specs especially d mali 720gpu. Bt d 1.0ghz clock speed in d m3m is just creating doubts in my heart..
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Jidibia(m): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
The 1.0 is not an issue at all. Most if not all LTE enabled devices come with 1.0. Guy I promise u won't regret buying m3 mini.
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Deluxe010: 1:48pm On Dec 19, 2015
Try rooting tecno l5 with the latest version of kingroot (ver 4.6.2). That should work
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Raymondluv(m): 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2015
Hormor14:
so u mean d game dey hook upon say na 5.1 nd 1Gb ram
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Hormor14(m): 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
Raymondluv:
so u mean d game dey hook upon say na 5.1 nd 1Gb ram
once again the game doesn't hang but you can play to gain coin anymore you have to buy with real money to enjoy so perks on the game
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Donpre(m): 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
shedo4sure:
with wat i av seen/read so far, also having handled d l5, i nw believe dat it's no match 4 d m3m.. Bt 1.0ghz clock speed Isn't it poor compared 2 d 1.3ghz found on d l5 Plz, 4get abt d gpu nd chipset, i just wanna knw, cos i'm considering replacing my beloved h6 with d m3m due it's high ba3 capacity and oda superior specs especially d mali 720gpu. Bt d 1.0ghz clock speed in d m3m is just creating doubts in my heart..
dude you can't compare an Arm cortex A7 CPU to Arm Cortex A53 CPU... 0.3Ghz difference in clockwise isn't worth it... All flagship device this year are all using big.Little or Big.little combination of A53, A57 and A72 processors, A7 and A8 are now old
(2 year old actually)

its like leaving a 2.7ghz Intel i7 for a 3.0ghz Intel core II CPU, That's absurd!!!... though clockspeed is important, but a 1.0ghz MT67xx processor would always out perform a 1.3ghz MT65xx processor anytime, anywhere... Talking form a tech guru point of view

for more info please Google "cortex A53"

BTW, if you want a heater for a device, get any MT65xx processor device... Cortex A53 was designed to use less power without heating up
Re: Tecno L5 official discussions by Raymondluv(m): 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
Hormor14:
once again the game doesn't hang but you can play to gain coin anymore you have to buy with real money to enjoy so perks on the game
so hav u tried other games

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Tecno P3 The Modification Of N3. Check Full Comparison / Have Anyone Successfully Guessed A Recharge Card Pin before? / Download Your Mobile DSTV For YOUR PHONES..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.