Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership (1280 Views)

What Documents Should Be Requested When Taking Ownership Of A Locally Used Car / What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? / Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by whyniel: 12:09am On Dec 09, 2015
Dear Experts,

I'm planning to buy my first car next year February and I have a budget of 650k.

I would have gone for 03/04 Corolla but the car is way above my budget even if I'm to buy a registered one (auto transmission).

I'm not a lover of Camry 98/99/00/01 and 03/04/05/06.

Kindly make your recommendations on which product to go for considering my budget & product maintainability.

Thank you as you advise.
Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by praxisnetworks: 5:06am On Dec 09, 2015
Golf MK3 popularly known as Golf3 550 will get toks automatic transmission with ac and the parts are quite affordable
Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by whyniel: 6:09am On Dec 09, 2015
Noted. Thank you.

I'm still open to more recommendations.
Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:55am On Dec 09, 2015
whyniel:
Noted. Thank you.

I'm still open to more recommendations.

Shift your budget till you can get the desired car. There's a reason toyotas are expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by DGD1(m): 9:15am On Dec 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Shift your budget till you can get the desired car. There's a reason toyotas are expensive.

WORD!!!

(heed thou this word, and lunch thyself into a beautiful automobile owner’s world)

2 Likes

Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by Malawian(m): 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
if you have the money, buy any car you like, you will eventually learn everything about it. that is what google and nairaland is for.

1 Like

Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by OROZ(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
The best n a very reliable n efficient/ economical car I recommend to any beginner in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by peterjero(m): 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
Malawian:
if you have the money, buy any car you like, you will eventually learn everything about it. that is what google and nairaland is for.
I'm already on your side now, I know of someone using an opel vectra for over ten years and still running, any car good if you are ready. Europe loves opel so much more than Toyota and they are not dead. I'm not saying Toyota is bad mind you.
Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by whyniel: 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks sir.
Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by whyniel: 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
OROZ:
The best n a very reliable n efficient/ economical car I recommend to any beginner in Nigeria

I will consider when I have the amount for this baby. Def above my budget for now.
Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by whyniel: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
Malawian:

Not like buying Morano and Quest sir.
Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by whyniel: 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
peterjero:

I'm already on your side now, I know of someone using an opel vectra for over ten years and still running, any car good if you are ready. Europe loves opel so much more than Toyota and they are not dead. I'm not saying Toyota is bad mind you.

I'm sure the opel vectra is not the person's first car. No?
Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by peterjero(m): 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
whyniel:

I'm sure the opel vectra is not the person's first car. No?
No
Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by Nyceguy92: 5:00am On Dec 11, 2015
[quote author=whyniel post=40824630]

As a beginner, you need to start small.
Although most cars are good, some have made names and are trusted.
You need to consider fuel economy, durability, ease of maintenance, purpose, etc.
Do you want 4 cylinders or 6 cylinders. What is your family size?
Any Japanese or German car within your budget is good.
Since you do not like Camry, I will recommend a Honda Accord. Their engines go more 350K miles.
Peugeot and Volvo are also good.
It's all about how you handle your car.

1 Like

Re: Recommendation On Type Of Car To Buy As A Fresher To Auto Ownership by diportivo: 6:51am On Dec 11, 2015
whyniel:

Not like buying Morano and Quest sir.

Whats wrong with murano and quest

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars / SOLD!!! Tin-can Cleared 2010 Cleared Toyota Corolla S / How Much Does It Cost To Get A D4 Engine For A Toyota Nadia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.