Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport (2433 Views)

Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa / 9 Ways To Travel The World For Free; Even Get Paid To Do It! / 5 Ways To Travel The Minimalist Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport by ifegy: 12:27am On Dec 09, 2015
This might be of interest (summarized. Go to source for full article):

Source: iamaileen.com/how-to-travel-the-world-third-world-passport/

HOW TO TRAVEL THE WORLD ON A THIRD WORLD PASSPORT

I was born in a ‘third world country‘, the Philippines, and with the ‘power’ that my passport holds — which is low — I am no stranger to the fact that I can’t just travel on a whim.

Swedish people can go visa-free to over 174 countries whereas my Philippines passport can only go to 60 countries... I can’t just go to American or European countries at just about any time without going through rigorous + costly visa applications and strict immigration officers first.

» Prioritize visa-free entry or VOA (visa-on arrival) countries!

... don’t force yourself to go to Europe or USA especially if it would take you a while to prepare all your documents.
VisaMapper.com is a good resource for determining what countries you can enter into freely or not — this is as dependent on your passport of course;...research and verify things either by doing a quick search on Google or by inquiring with the appropriate embassy.

» Or when mixing it up

...let’s say you really want to mix it up and visit one or several first world countries while you’re journeying to visa-free countries for years or several months. With that aim in mind... all visas that you need to acquire should be applied for beforehand. This is because most countries want you to apply for a visa in your home country...plan out your route beforehand and prepare everything in advance.

When it comes to the paperwork…
1.Accurate, complete, and genuine documents
2.True, strong, and reasonable purpose of entry/stay
3.Sufficient funds or support
4.Proof of NOT overstaying

» Accommodations and flights.
Find connections. Look up your friends, family, and members abroad...You’ll need to provide a proof of your relationship with your host, an invitation letter, and some other documentations that the embassy would need

Consider a cultural homestay... in exchange for 3-months’ worth of accommodation and food with a host family abroad, you will either share your skills with the family members or your native language for a certain amount of time in a week. A sample organization that arranges this is Cultural Homestay International and though they can only arrange 3-month trips at a time, if you want to travel for a year, they can definitely combine multiple destinations for you.

Secure a cheap short-term rental space...definitely better than booking numerous hotel details in a span of, let’s say, 3 months...if hotels or hostels will fit your travel plans better... Booking.com since payments are usually made after you check out of the establishment (so payment is not made upfront) and cancellations can even be done 24 hours prior to your booked date (just read through the hotel policies to be sure)

...For flights, make sure that your connecting flights’ time slots are not too close.

» Money. Money. Money..
What else, but save up!
Consider sponsorship. Ask your parents, a friend, or a relative that is employed or ‘well off’ to act as your sponsor on paper.

Self-employed people... If you’re planning on traveling the world for a looong time and you plan to work as a digital nomad, freelancer, or entrepreneur while you’re on the road (like I do), you will be classified as a self-employed individual...embassies will typically need a copy of your business registration/business permit, tax statements or income tax return for the past year, and bank statements or financial reports for the last 3 months. (If you’re employed remotely by a company as a freelancer, you can also show your certificate of employment)....register yourself or your business... as soon as you could...

Unemployed people...Some of the documents that could prove your solvency are: proof of investments or financial assets, copies of personal credit cards or bank statements in the last 3 months, or (like I mentioned previously) a sponsorship letter from your sponsor.

» Overstaying
it helps to show proof [that you will not overstay] such as:

1)Documents that mention an affair or event that would necessitate your return (job offer, start of your studies, wedding, etc.)
2) Proof of possession of real and personal property in your home country (real estate, car, etc.)
3) Or a letter from you or from people who know you, stating any other reason(s) why you won’t overstay abroad (your long-term plans in your residence country, etc.)

When you want a long-term stay in one destination…
Studying: Free foreign universities---> iamaileen.com/how-to-legally-stay-longer-in-europe-schengen-countries/#StudyFree

Working. Au pair jobs: Very popular in Europe...check: .GreatAuPair.com, IAPA.org, Europa-Pages.com/au_pair/, or TransitionsAbroad.com

Teaching English:...: TIEOnline.com, SearchAssociates.com, ESLcafe.com, and GoAbroad.com/teach-abroad
Freelancing: Apparently, there are a couple of countries worldwide that offer a self-employment visa which allows you to stay in their country long-term as an artist, freelancer, digital nomad, etc. (So far I’ve learned that Germany, the Netherlands, Italy and Dubai offer this type of visa so go and inquire with their respective embassies to know more info about this).

Working Holiday Visas. If you’re aged 18 to 35, you can try this special visa that serves as a residence permit. It allows you to stay in a another country for 1 to 2 years and you can either work or study during that time [check wikipedia]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport by braivheart: 1:54am On Dec 09, 2015
Very informative post.

Deserves front page recognition

Cc lalasticlala
Re: How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport by good4all: 12:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
Yes, very informative
Re: How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport by chukxie(m): 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
I've learnt a couple of things from this post. Thanks,.Op!
Re: How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport by ifegy: 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2015
braivheart:
Very informative post.

Deserves front page recognition

Cc lalasticlala

...Not a bad idea...
cc lalasticlala
cc justwise

Re: How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport by Ekpekus(m): 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
Great read and info added to my knowledge. Tnx op
Re: How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport by TiriB12(f): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
Thanks for the free and honest informations
Re: How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport by Ugosample(m): 11:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
Very informative
Re: How To Travel The World On A Developing Country's Passport by godforus(m): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2020
Wonderful

(1) (Reply)

How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family / Sweden Master Application 2018 / Hold Up At Jakande Round About, Lekki Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.