Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

"Things Fall Apart, The Centre Cannot Hold"; Can Nigeria Be Ever Great Again? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Things Fall Apart, The Centre Cannot Hold"; Can Nigeria Be Ever Great Again? (626 Views)

23billion Tears Federal Universities Apart, The Untold Story / Ugandan Man Watches Woman Drown Because No One To Help Him Hold His Phones / How Do I Locate The Centre For Management Development, Ikeja Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Things Fall Apart, The Centre Cannot Hold"; Can Nigeria Be Ever Great Again? by KelvinKelt(m): 4:36am On Dec 09, 2015
"NIGERIA, WE HAIL THEE, OUR DEAR NATIVE LAND THOUGH TRIBE & TONGUE MAY DIFFER, IN ONE BROTHERHOOD WE STAND"(Nigeria's 1st national anthem, composed by a foreigner). When I was young, my mum & dad always told me that if they have their way, they would luv to bring back the former national anthem. Why was it changed? It was changed with the sole reason that it was compose by a foreigner & other minor reasons. My parents told me how the former anthem was love, dignity, self value & respect we earned by virtue of the anthem. This was when Nigeria was the giant of Africa, not anymore. I personally like the former anthem more than the present one, but there's nothing I can do about it. Now my questions are: *IF YOU HAVE ALL THE POWERS IN THE WORLD BESTOWED ON YOU, TO MAKE LAWS, TO EFFECT CHANGE, WOULD YOU LIKE TO REINSTATE THE FORMER NATIONAL ANTHEM? *DO U THINK THE FORMER NATIONAL ANTHEM COMMANDED RESPECT MORE THAN THE PRESENT ONE? *DO YOU THINK THE YARDSTICKS THEY CONSIDERED FOR THE CHANGE HAS ENOUGH JUSTIFICATION IN TODAYS WORLD? *WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE TWO ANTHEMS? I'll really love to see the old good days restored. Let Nigeria become the giant of Africa again in real sense, not in abstract.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Video: Aboki Men Fight On The Street In Lagos / Mtn, Glo, Airtel Or Etisalat? Who Has The Best Customer Care Service? / PHOTOS: Flydubai Plane Crashes In Russia, Killing All 62 Passengers On Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.