Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 (4866 Views)

Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling / Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG / Nnamdi Kanu Court Case Holds Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by TechRev: 7:04am On Dec 09, 2015
IPOB leader ‎Nnamdi Kanu has asked Justice Adeniyi Ademola, of the Federal High Court, Abuja, to set aside an ex-parte order procured by the Department of State Services (DSS) to keep him in detention, and also grant him bail.
Vincent Obetta, Kanu’s counsel, urged the court to grant him three reliefs.
According to TheCable, one of the reliefs was that the court admit his client to bail, and that ‎it should strike out the charge of terrorism against him.

The DSS had procured an ex parte order from the federal high court‎ granting it permission to hold the director of Radio Biafra for 90 days. This was ‎after a chief magistrate court in Abuja granted him bail.

Obetta argued that Kanu had perfected his bail conditions as of October 21, six days after he was arraigned,‎ but the DSS refused to release him.
He, therefore, asked the court to set aside the order granting the DSS permission to keep Kanu in detention for 90 days, and grant him bail.

Obetta also pointed out that the DSS flouted the order of the magistrate court and “abused court process” by running to the high court to procure an order to keep his client in detention.
‎M. U. Ndakwo, the DSS counsel, was unable to respond to Obetta’s argument as Ademola, the judge, called for an adjournment.
The case was then adjourned to December 14.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/49052/ipob-leader-kanu-begs-court-to-order-his-release-from-dss-custody
Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by GboyegaD(m): 7:06am On Dec 09, 2015
Nothing was said about if the bail plea was granted or not. The writer didn't do a good job.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Rexhenrex(m): 7:08am On Dec 09, 2015
If they should grant him bail and he kicks off with his biafra madness again they should pls lock him back.

am an igbo guy but i can never support this biafra of a thing,after what biafra caused (civil war) am still surprised a human beign with right senses will wake up and still wanna agitate for it.abeg we need one Nigeria sir kanu dump this biafra plans....Biko(pls).

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by EasternLeopard: 7:11am On Dec 09, 2015
Buhari will be regretting why he arrested that guy

This is what happens to presidents who call a part of their countries that feeds their regions 5%

13 Likes

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by thunder74(m): 7:11am On Dec 09, 2015
The rate at which DSS is disobeying court orders these days are becoming more dangerous for our democracy.

That was how they flouted the order that granted Dasuki bail to travel for medical check.

Dss would wish there is no court to challenge their activities but sorry, this is not 1984 but 2015.

8 Likes

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by kahara(m): 7:17am On Dec 09, 2015
TechRev:
IPOB leader ‎Nnamdi Kanu has asked Justice Adeniyi Ademola, of the Federal High Court, Abuja, to set aside an ex-parte order procured by the Department of State Services (DSS) to keep him in detention, and also grant him bail.
Vincent Obetta, Kanu’s counsel, urged the court to grant him three reliefs.
According to TheCable, one of the reliefs was that the court admit his client to bail, and that ‎it should strike out the charge of terrorism against him.

The DSS had procured an ex parte order from the federal high court‎ granting it permission to hold the director of Radio Biafra for 90 days. This was ‎after a chief magistrate court in Abuja granted him bail.

Obetta argued that Kanu had perfected his bail conditions as of October 21, six days after he was arraigned,‎ but the DSS refused to release him.
He, therefore, asked the court to set aside the order granting the DSS permission to keep Kanu in detention for 90 days, and grant him bail.

Obetta also pointed out that the DSS flouted the order of the magistrate court and “abused court process” by running to the high court to procure an order to keep his client in detention.
‎M. U. Ndakwo, the DSS counsel, was unable to respond to Obetta’s argument as Ademola, the judge, called for an adjournment.
The case was then adjourned to December 14.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/49052/ipob-leader-kanu-begs-court-to-order-his-release-from-dss-custody

There are many Nnamdi Kanus in Igboland who are ready to continue from where he stopped. I ,for one, am ready to stake my life for The Course. In Biafra we stand.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by nnachukz(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2015
Why was DSS counsel unable to response to the plea from Kanu's counsel?

1 Like

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by babyfaceafrica: 7:23am On Dec 09, 2015
OP.......which kain source be this....half baked news...how can you say the DSS lawyer has no answer to obetta arguement..ngwanu...you think say na all dis charge and bail lawyers dey DSS..even when a good lawyers is loosing,h or she will still b adamant in his argument...find better source next time..ndo
Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by omoelesa(m): 7:28am On Dec 09, 2015
EasternLeopard:

This is what happens to presidents who call a part of their countries that feeds their regions 5%
I taught u people said nnamadi kanu set a trap for nigeria.How come he is now begging.

9 Likes

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Chanchit: 7:49am On Dec 09, 2015
EasternLeopard:

*in patience Jonathan's voice*
Will you shetup!!
You shameless hegoat. Una no dey shame, after the labors of those dead hediots that is now in vain, you still dey here dey talk rubbish, na so dem go dey adjourn the case till una go forget am.

6 Likes

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by OFFICIAL336: 7:50am On Dec 09, 2015
The FG should keep playing Chess
Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by abiolert(m): 7:52am On Dec 09, 2015
For me He should remain there for ever.when he was in London spilling trash, He should have known that the so called Zoo had institution to deal with his leaking mouth.Even though he knew he would be arrested, he still set himself as a bait; to create crisis and thereby becoming a national Hero,but the reverse is the case. sorry to burst his bubble, he is now a national disgrace, by the time Nigeria will be through with him, he will know what rebellion is and how rebels are been treated in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Chanchit: 7:52am On Dec 09, 2015
omoelesa:
I taught u people said nnamadi kanu set a trap for nigeria.How come he is now beging.

My brother, na still strategy o, even this protest weh dem stop na strategy, till Nnamdi spend 27yrs for prison na still strategy. If IPOB youths support your project, na on top strategy table you go die.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Chanchit: 7:56am On Dec 09, 2015
kahara:

There are many Nnamdi Kanus in Igboland who are ready to continue from where he stopped. I ,for one, am ready to stake my life for The Course. In Biafra we stand.

Very simple, just go on twitter, say all those things Nnamdi use to say, then cc @Mbuhari, @bukolasaraki, the nigeria police, army, then you would be on your way to becoming the new Mandela.

8 Likes

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2015
EasternLeopard:

Y are most of you Igbos so embittered & daft in understanding the way of governance?

The Igbos collectively decided to gamble away their future at the last presidential polls by voting Ebele - The accursed & clueless out of hatred, and unfortunately, you will keep getting the same results as your ancestors since 1966 and continue losing out in this government until you change your rebellious ways.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:58am On Dec 09, 2015
omoelesa:
I taught u people said nnamadi kanu set a trap for nigeria.How come he is now beging.
plea is a legal terminology and how's he beginning his legal practitioner is doing his job what's your problem I don't know why I hate those from the left hand part of the cardinal point of the zoo(nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Godsonkemz(m): 8:02am On Dec 09, 2015
He met the bail terms. Why is DSS still detaining him.
Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by buhahaha: 8:04am On Dec 09, 2015
Nigeria,,very much afraid...they might be asking themselves,if we release this man..wot will he do next? let's talk him down.. Kanu pls wot do you want..how much do you want to stop your movement and trust Nnamdi the lion he'll never accept bribe..therefore,DSS and Nigerian leaders are confused on wot to do soto dilute him.. We de observe meenh

3 Likes

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by omoelesa(m): 8:05am On Dec 09, 2015
Brooklynsouth:
plea is a legal terminology and how's he beginning his legal practitioner is doing his job what's your problem I don't know why I hate those from the left hand part of the cardinal point of the zoo(nigeria)
But,emperior kanu does'nt have regard for the zoo nah,how come his lawyers are now pleading for him, the court of the zoo.is'nt that an irony.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by DayoAdedapo: 8:09am On Dec 09, 2015
thunder74:
The rate at which DSS is disobeying court orders these days are becoming more dangerous for our democracy.

That was how they flouted the order that granted Dasuki bail to travel for medical check.

Dss would wish there is no court to challenge their activities but sorry, this is not 1984 but 2015.

In future, governments will arrest innocent people and justify illegality with the precedence Buhari has set.

1 Like

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by rhymestech: 8:12am On Dec 09, 2015
I must say, the BIAFRA agitators are cowards!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Mrbigman1(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2015
Rexhenrex:
If they should grant him bail and he kicks off with his biafra madness again they should pls lock him back.

am an igbo guy but i can never support this biafra of a thing,after what biafra caused (civil war) am still surprised a human beign with right senses will wake up and still wanna agitate for it.abeg we need one Nigeria sir kanu dump this biafra plans....Biko(pls).

Greatest coward of 2015.

What ve Nigeria done for you?

1 Nigeria my anus.

Onye awusa dika gi

1 Like

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by 4giveand4get: 8:25am On Dec 09, 2015
kahara:

the name nnamdi kanu means mental disorder. Ndigbo cannot have many Nnamdi Kanus because that means many mad ppl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by buhahaha: 8:25am On Dec 09, 2015
omoelesa:
But,emperior kanu does'nt have regard for the zoo nah,how come is lawyers are now pleading for him, the court of the zoo.is'nt that an irony.
. You just de embrace this pleading like your mama coming bk from the market just to secure your fear...
Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Mrbigman1(m): 8:27am On Dec 09, 2015
rhymestech:
I must say, the BIAFRA agitators are cowards!!!!!

Thanks.

Mr. Brave. Wish any of ur kindred can stand and protest against wrong doing in Nigeria.

Please when ever u ve sown th balls enough, send me pix.

Aturu Malawi

1 Like

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Mrbigman1(m): 8:29am On Dec 09, 2015
4giveand4get:

the name nnamdi kanu means mental disorder. Ndigbo cannot have many Nnamdi Kanus because that means many mad ppl

Ve Nnamdi kanu ever come asking u for food or job?

Why the fear?
That his gonna remove food from ur mouth wen his dream is achieved?

Better start sharpening ur hoe and cutlass.

Ndi Oru ugbo

1 Like

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Rexhenrex(m): 8:48am On Dec 09, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Greatest coward of 2015.

What ve Nigeria done for you?

1 Nigeria my anus.

Onye awusa dika gi
if doing thr right thing means being a coward then am proud to be a coward,common sense ain't common but its used by the wise.

You strive and kill urself for biafra ok when its achieved then what

Tell me of what i stand to benefit? Probably when the biafra is achieved and the chase all the igbo with well to do financial standing in the north, if the are been chased to return to there places what will happen to there landed property in the north?

The get to loose them what will biafra give to them when the return ?? Biafra which will cause dichotomy btw the igbos and other tribes how will the cope in there trades use ur head to think ahead Dummy!

For naija to move forward we need to learn to work together to create a better Nigeria thank you!

1 Like

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Manbryto(m): 9:11am On Dec 09, 2015
Rexhenrex:

Who told u that Biafra can't be achieved thru a peaceful means referendum. When its time for referendum, vote against Biafra, don't call anything madness here. Everyone has that right of choice just as u do.

1 Like

Re: Update On Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Yesterday 8th December 2015 by Mrbigman1(m): 9:23am On Dec 09, 2015
Rexhenrex:

if doing thr right thing means being a coward then am proud to be a coward,common sense ain't common but its used by the wise.

You strive and kill urself for biafra ok when its achieved then what

Tell me of what i stand to benefit? Probably when the biafra is achieved and the chase all the igbo with well to do financial standing in the north, if the are been chased to return to there places what will happen to there landed property in the north?

The get to loose them what will biafra give to them when the return ?? Biafra which will cause dichotomy btw the igbos and other tribes how will the cope in there trades use ur head to think ahead Dummy!

For naija to move forward we need to learn to work together to create a better Nigeria thank you!

How many hausa man ve landed property in d east?
Una claim say na dem sabi politics pass but why dem no dey practice one Nigeria outside dia region?

Why d elders never condemn fulani killings in the south?
And please how many igbos re left in the north?

They ve been warned enough. Come down to osha and enugu and see how people are buying lands and investing massively and u'd know that they really got the message.

A friend who's father has houses in lagos and even in Lekki have finished building a replica of same home in awka and enugu and ve put up his home for sale.

No excuse. I dnt know what biafra will be like after been achieved bro but am sure it's gonna be better than this shit hole we are in.

Russia dnt ve food and dey import. We ve lands for sustainable agriculture. We live in a rain forest and planting is viable.

Mahn! U need to go to maybe benin republic and see how organised that place is, dia small size and everything, u hardly see them in Nigeria. Dey ve almost nothing oh but they re fckn better than us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Warning! Akwaibom Is Not Part Of Any Biafra Struggle - Anonym0us / BREAKING!!! Dino Melaye Passes Night On The Floor At DSS & This Happened(Photos) / Peter Obi Contributed To Their Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.