Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Food For Thought: One Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food For Thought: One Nigeria (1168 Views)

My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. / One Nigeria Should Continue Until The Oil Is Finished. / We Thought Buhari Would Pick Saints, Says Delta PDP Senator (2) (3) (4)

Food For Thought: One Nigeria by bigfrancis21: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
I stumbled across this and thought i'd share it:

A Yoruba friend asked me: Under what conditions would you support "One Nigeria" and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down and finally laid to rest for good?

Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria.
7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points.
8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.
If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years, we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month.
Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get international visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, etc., etc.

The Yoruba friend replied: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness and I said...
Really? Don’t you think South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs?
He was quiet for a few seconds and said: Wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting from it, love it and would love to maintain the status quo.
Let each region develop at her own pace, with Airport, Seaports, industries, major projects open to be developed in any part of Nigeria without government interference or strangulation due to tribalism and nepotism!
Let Nigeria be fair to ALL irrespective of tribe, religion, and place of birth.
Let there be true federalism and resources control, with the elimination of quota system and federalism character in Nigeria.
Let's have equal respect for one another irrespective of where the person is coming from in Nigeria.
That is what Biafra agitation is all about.

Val Igwebuike

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by daniska3yaro(m): 6:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
Transfer boko haram sleeping cell and active members and headquarters to PH,Calabar, Onitsha,enugu,asba,owerri,uyo and Warri.

Godforbid oo.
Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
I smell lies
Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:20am On Dec 10, 2015
bigfrancis21:
I stumbled across this and thought i'd share it:

A Yoruba friend asked me: Under what conditions would you support "One Nigeria" and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down and finally laid to rest for good?

Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports. did anybody close down universities to build unis in the east.dumb suggestion

2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights direct and major connecting flights.same as above
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria.
7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points.cant work where everybody wants to go to school,think man
8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.who stop ur gwamna from giving julius berger contract
If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years, we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month.
Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get international visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that.see ur thinking,how many se collect visa to travel north or west? Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, etc., etc.

The Yoruba friend replied: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness and I said...
Really? Don’t you think South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs?
He was quiet for a few seconds and said: Wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting from it, love it and would love to maintain the status quo.
Let each region develop at her own pace, with Airport, Seaports, industries, major projects open to be developed in any part of Nigeria without government interference or strangulation due to tribalism and nepotism!who stopped ur region from developing.no be una run leave am?
Let Nigeria be fair to ALL irrespective of tribe, religion, and place of birth. nigeria is fair to all
Let there be true federalism [una senators go gree vote am [/b]and resources control, with the elimination of quota you want north to be overrun [/b]system and federalism character in Nigeria.
Let's have equal respect for one another irrespective of where the person is coming from in Nigeria.[we do,its you guys that want more than your fair share

That is what Biafra agitation is all about.

Val Igwebuike
you lie,biafra agitation is all about oyel same as rest of nigeria
Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by pacino26(m): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2611159/reviving-enugu-states-coal-production

Yet to receive a word from you through the mail I sent. I am still hopeful on my request bro.
Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
MIKOLOWISKA:
Hello Mikolowiska,
I've little or no knowledge of the fondamental issue aroung the Biafra revendications, and I'm trying to investigate the matter as objectively as I can. Therefore If I may ask:

- Do you believe there is no factual evidence that the distribution of public infrastructure (Roads, Schools, Airports, Hospitals, etc) is made to the disadvantage of the South East, as claimed by Big Francis? Can you back you claims with some evidence?

- If the South East is no Victim of the Policy/Politics of the federal state of nigerian, why so much rage and desire to be self determinant?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Greetings.

Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:50am On Dec 27, 2015
LoJ:

Hello Mikolowiska,
I've little or no knowledge of the fondamental issue aroung the Biafra revendications, and I'm trying to investigate the matter as objectively as I can. Therefore If I may ask:

- Do you believe there is no factual evidence that the distribution of public infrastructure (Roads, Schools, Airports, Hospitals, etc) is made to the disadvantage of the South East, as claimed by Big Francis? Can you back you claims with some evidence?

I would direct you to look for above mentioned evidence in yearly budgets of our country in spite of the expected difficulty in accessing what should be supposedly public information but I am confident that you will find that proportional amounts have been appropriated after all I and you have never heard any complaints from any Eastern Minister of which there are always 7 in our formerly 42 man cabinet

- If the South East is no Victim of the Policy/Politics of the federal state of nigerian, why so much rage and desire to be self determinant?

the 'EAST 'like the 'NORTH ' and even 'WEST 'are hollow words made up by the ruling elite in order to manipulate we the masses. The east is determined to be determinant because it it's to the eastern elite for such animosity to exist. are you an easterner,have you been slighted by any northerner or westerner in such racist capacity.? do you not have friends form across the Niger.? are you at each others throats at daggers drawn or do you now see how smart old men play one group of foolish youth against another.

the only grouse Nigeria has with easterners is their tendency to fill all available bed unavailable positions with person's of the same extraction. it is this domineering trait that works against the easterner in political strategy because it generates fear of slavery among other tribes.?

please search online for available evidence to see that I am in no way making baseless accusations. immigration, army, Civil service, refusal to sell land to outsiders etc.

Greetings.
Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:54am On Dec 27, 2015
LoJ:

Hello Mikolowiska,

I would direct you to look for above mentioned evidence in yearly budgets of our country in spite of the expected difficulty in accessing what should be supposedly public information but I am confident that you will find that proportional amounts have been appropriated after all I and you have never heard any complaints from any Eastern Minister of which there are always 7 in our formerly 42 man cabinet

the 'EAST 'like the 'NORTH ' and even 'WEST 'are hollow words made up by the ruling elite in order to manipulate we the masses. The east is determined to be determinant because it it's to the eastern elite for such animosity to exist. are you an easterner,have you been slighted by any northerner or westerner in such racist capacity.? do you not have friends form across the Niger.? are you at each others throats at daggers drawn or do you now see how smart old men play one group of foolish youth against another.

the only grouse Nigeria has with easterners is their tendency to fill all available bed unavailable positions with person's of the same extraction. it is this domineering trait that works against the easterner in political strategy because it generates fear of slavery among other tribes.?

please search online for available evidence to see that I am in no way making baseless accusations. immigration, army, Civil service, refusal to sell land to outsiders etc.

Greetings.
sorry I do not have evidence at hand at the which I agree makes my argument weak and lazy but I have read extensively and intensively enough to see that all I say is factual and did not make copies as I never envisioned myself having to defend my nairaland.com posts as if I am being paid to do so.

please make of my response whatever you will

cheers
Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by Vulu: 7:01am On Dec 27, 2015
MIKOLOWISKA:

I AGREE WITH YOU THAT'S WHY BIAFRA INCLUDED 'OYEL' RICH IDOMALAND AND IGEDELAND INTO THEIR MAPS.

Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:07am On Dec 27, 2015
Vulu:

I AGREE WITH YOU THAT'S WHY BIAFRA INCLUDED 'OYEL' RICH IDOMALAND AND IGEDELAND INTO THEIR MAPS.
how dem go do na. who no like beta tin
Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by Vulu: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2015
MIKOLOWISKA:
how dem go do na. who no like beta tin

THE BIGGEST OIL RESERVE IS THE WORLD IS IN IDOMALAND IN BENUE, THAT'S WHY INCLUDED THEM IN THEIR MAP.

Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:16am On Dec 27, 2015
Vulu:

THE BIGGEST OIL RESERVE IS THE WORLD IS IN IDOMALAND IN BENUE, THAT'S WHY INCLUDED THEM IN THEIR MAP.
I trust benue ppl. they don't tolerate shiii from outside
Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by Vulu: 7:18am On Dec 27, 2015
MIKOLOWISKA:
I trust benue ppl. they don't tolerate shiii from outside

IDOMALAND WILL PRODUCE OYEL FOR NIGERIA FOR THE NEXT 300 YEARS, IT MUST NOT GO WITH BIAFRA. cheesy

Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:23am On Dec 27, 2015
Vulu:

IDOMALAND WILL PRODUCE OYEL FOR NIGERIA FOR THE NEXT 300 YEARS, IT MUST NOT GO WITH BIAFRA. cheesy
OK
Re: Food For Thought: One Nigeria by omoelesa(m): 8:12am On Dec 27, 2015
Bla,Bla,Bla,the capital of nigeria should be moved to Nnewi,all companies in lagos should be moved to Orlu,Apapa port should be to Owerri.Go move dem nah.

Buhari Appoints New Head Of NDDC Board / Obanikoro Replies SaharaReporters; To Further His Education In USA / Photos: Senator Uche Ekwunife, Peter Obi And At Anambra Stakeholders Forum

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52