Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate (56747 Views)

Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG / Photos: Only Those Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Understand This / 10 Signs That You Are A 'Half-Baked' Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by wristbangle: 10:39am On Dec 10, 2015
peeparty:

You dey myn that guy?Lev am make him Mumu the go.

Okay boss cool
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by delectablegyal(f): 10:46am On Dec 10, 2015
wristbangle:

I don't know

get out of here, u liar.
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by ODUBEZE: 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
10. Believing APC will bring change.

If you believed or still believing the above, then your education was a waste, In fact, go and request for the tuition fee you paid all these years.

11. If you disagree with the above ^^^

If you don't agree with the tenth point, then your case is irredeemable. You need psychological evaluation, Because you're suffering from acute buhariasis.
LWKMD!
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by apotek: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
You are an illiterate if you smoke and drink

Okay!
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
10. Believing APC will bring change.

If you believed or still believing the above, then your education was a waste, In fact, go and request for the tuition fee you paid all these years.

11. If you disagree with the above ^^^

If you don't agree with the tenth point, then your case is irredeemable. You need psychological evaluation, Because you're suffering from acute buhariasis.

thrash
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2015
11. Throwing dirts out of the car/bus angry angry angry

12. Using "Am" in place of "I'm"

These two irk me so much angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tartar9(m): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
11.You Don't Know The Meaning Of Illiterate.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
In a country where there's freedom of expression seun said I should not talk about Biafra he's an illiterate

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Leiha96(f): 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hmmmmm
truth sha [color=#770077]Hmmmmm
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
[i]
putin up a writeup lik dis is one of dem...u be mumu nd if u quote me back u be idiot
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
masonkz:
11. Throwing dirts out of the car/bus angry angry angry

[b] 12. Using "Am" in place of "I'm"

These two irk me so much angry angry[/b]
bwahahahhaa roflwkmd cheesy

Bros, my hand no dey dis one ooooo cool
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Sagamite(m): 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mixty, come here and see someone calling you the cretin you are.

Look at No 8. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by teebaxy(m): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sveen:
Apart from the sex aspect, none of the other stuffs can happen in Unilorin.
for ti say dis, it is obvious u are into no 4
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by nikkiking(m): 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
I disagree with the no4.

Even the lecturers does that too shocked.
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by ArcIbrahim38(m): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sveen:
Apart from the sex aspect, none of the other stuffs can happen in Unilorin.

Tell me those who stone Saraki at Eid ground did not go to school...... don't be arrogant please
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Eleniyan15: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
How come visiting the brothel nah bad thing
or make I commit rape

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
tartar9:
11.You Don't Know The Meaning Of Illiterate.
dnt mind d fool.....thy wil b formin here
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
illiteracy
ɪˈlɪt(ə)rəsi/
noun
noun: illiteracy; plural noun: illiteracies

the inability to read or write.

how is this and the topic related?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
hayorzzyzx:

Shey English con be your mother tongue?......talk na
LOLZ! grin if you try to school in some non English speaking country you pay some amount of money for you to be lecture in English.

but come to think of it! we were colonize by English and now we worship ENGLISH.

I guess I'm an illiterate for saying this! lolzz
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Akosxxx(m): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
This post cleared my doubts
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
Illiteracy is IMHO is defined by the Level of Reasoning I have come to accept from majority of Nigerians. (online and offline)

In virtually every situation Nigerians will always judge based on 1st Observation and define their subsequent arguments on that alone . It is the same base banal sense of Reasoning we see from the President (Past and Present), the Masses and Majority of Educated Nigerians. It is the sole reason we are where we are today. How it should work is this.
Stage 1: You Reflect on your 1st observation and consider other perspectives.
Stage 2: From there you come to a baseline (Neutral) position of Thought, then you gather all (observable and non-observable) primary and secondary influences on this position
Stage 3: Arrive at an open conclusion which has taken cognizance of influencing factors, removed fiction from fact and evaluated relevant issues without irrelevant nonsense we tend to bandy-about instead of using our brains.

This is why Nigerian Students abroad tend to have difficulties learning and communicating in an academic setting. they put out 150 percent Story-story when all that is needed is 5% FACT.

Whenever you see a thread go beyond 4 pages, you can expect that by the time it reaches page 30.. Nairalanders have not even reached the 2nd Stage .. they are still telling stories and arguing over an unfounded observation that has not even matured to a sensible school of thought

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
studio14:
In a country where there's freedom of expression seun said I should not talk about Biafra he's an illiterate
lol big one

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by drinkmorewater: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
@OP You do write some correct threads but I give you a thumbs down for this one, all the things you listed here, there are a lot of successful graduates out there who indulge in them yet you can't compare to them in any bracket either socially, financially e.t.c.

Infact after reading this sheet I doubt I will read your threads again cos you don't seem learned/experienced.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by 001mmr: 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
Op define your concept well you supposed to word ignorant NOT illiterate

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by lordyugo: 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
Am not sure the OP understands the meaning of illiteracy
you can be literate and still not civilised.
OP are you confusing literacy with being civilised?
You can speak your mother tongue but not literate in it

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
illiteracy
ɪˈlɪt(ə)rəsi/
noun
noun: illiteracy; plural noun: illiteracies

the inability to read or write.

how is this and the topic related?
Kindly read this. The bolded will make you understand better

At the mention of the word "illiteracy", people
jump to conclusion that it is the basic inability
to write legibly or speak Queens' English
properly,
and/or inability to understand or
produce written information properly. But I
can assure you that there are several degrees
of illiteracy in Nigeria (regardless of your
Academic Certification)
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Kazrem(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
tosyne2much I do all of the above.
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by freshvine(f): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Judging lifestyles and individual's perception shouldn't be the yardstick to be qualified as being literate.

I'll agree on manners but perception based on inclination is wantonly insufficient to give credence to your scholarly views. In that order, it's pertinent to concur that your disposition is perfunctory in variance to any intelligence of common sense.

While I'm of the school of thought that your threads are apt and concise, this one needs serious academic evaluation if my premise is acceptable.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Laryne(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
Guilty of No. 5. If that will make me an illiterate so be it....
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
freshvine:
Judging lifestyles and individual's perception shouldn't be the yardstick to be qualified as being literate.

I'll agree on manners but perception based on inclination is wantonly insufficient to give credence to your scholarly views. In that order, it's pertinent to concur that your disposition is perfunctory in variance to any intelligence of common sense.

While I'm of the school of thought that your threads are apt and concise, this one needs serious academic evaluation if my premise is acceptable.
hmmmmmm !!!

What more can I say ? *sighs*
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by justmenoni: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Oga tosin so according to you,it's only an educated illiterate that drinks, smokes,knack ashewo, fight in public(especially in naija oooo imagine this fuel scarcity period and u manage to buy 10 litres and someone hijack it from you,wetin u go do)
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by EMMYINZOE(m): 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
this guy is absolutely right. education is not about going to school, is more of knowing the real facts necesaary to live a better life in this world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

18 Pictures That Describe Having The Worst Roommates At University / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Coronavirus: Nnamdi Azikiwe University Starts Production Of Hand Sanitizers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.