Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate (56744 Views)

Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG / Photos: Only Those Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Understand This / 10 Signs That You Are A 'Half-Baked' Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mrcdorv:
This is very true sometime I do ask myself what is the different between illiterate and educated ones in this country. You will see some people making phone call and be so lousy like kilode. There are lots especially within Lagos. Don't just deer some men in suit ooo they are more dangerous than the tout you see on the street.
if a person is lousy on a phone, you don't call that an illiterate, that person may have a hearing problem or is just his way of life not his educational status.

truth be told. you didn't really make some up here ∆∆

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
drinkmorewater:
@OP You do write some correct threads but I give you a thumbs down for this one, all the things you listed here, there are a lot of successful graduates out there who indulge in them yet you can't compare to them in any bracket either socially, financially e.t.c.

Infact after reading this sheet I doubt I will read your threads again cos you don't seem learned/experienced.

Haba !!! Thumbs down ke ? Bros abeg no do dat one oooo cheesy

Okay I promise to turn a new leaf bro cool
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Topsyvic(f): 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
10. Believing APC will bring change.

If you believed or still believing the above, then your education was a waste, In fact, go and request for the tuition fee you paid all these years.

11. If you disagree with the above ^^^

If you don't agree with the tenth point, then your case is irredeemable. You need psychological evaluation, Because you're suffering from acute buhariasis.
lol,luv dat
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by liljaydee(m): 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
[i]

why will call people who take alcohol an illiterate shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked......

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by 4tune490(m): 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2015
Rubbish
tosyne2much:
[i]
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by freshvine(f): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
hmmmmmm !!!

What more can I say ? *sighs*

First, being a literate is the ability to read and write so your caption is misleading and inappropriate in that order.

I think it should be : Signs you went to school but never got an education. cool
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by preetyb(f): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2015
Teacher pls can I fit contributed? grin
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by drinkmorewater: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
Haba !!! Thumbs down ke ? Bros abeg no do dat one oooo cheesy

Okay I promise to turn a new leaf bro cool

Its ok tosyne, U alright with me, keep it up kiss

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
freshvine:

First, being a literate is the ability to read and write so your caption is misleading and inappropriate in that order.

I think it should be : Signs you went to school but never got an education. cool
The suggested caption wouldn't draw traffic at all cool

Mind you, misleading captions on the front page of our local newspapers have been the source of their income since the time of Lord Lugard cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
drinkmorewater:

Its ok tosyne, U alright with me, keep it up kiss
You should know that no one is barely flawless when it comes to writing articles

Thanks all the same cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by j1mmy: 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
[i]

alcohol - Rubbish, something an ACTUAL mallam or daft illiterate will write...

Try believing in God you never researched, Try paying billions to 419 pastors, worshiping a god hoping to get to paradise or 72 virgins in the afterlife! try following Islamic teaching on unbelievers.

Try describing Lebanese, Chinese and Indian people in Nigerian as whites and masters
Try praising thieving politicians
Try calling FAT bodies of Nigerian women, booty and sign of good living!
Try eating cow foot, intestines, nose and other cancer candidates - good food

Those are better signs you people in that filthy country are EDUCATED-ILLITERATES!

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Toks2008(m): 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
[i]

You try but how does having unprotected sex has anything to do with literacy? i guess it has to do with sexual recklessless cos in my opinion,a man who uses condom does so most times for casual sex with casual girls.

FYI i have never and will never use a condom to make love till i grow old so apparently,in your perspective i be illitrate shey?

You try.
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
Toks2008:

You try but how does having unprotected sex has anything to do with literacy? i guess it has to do with sexual recklessless cos in my opinion,a man who uses condom does so most times for casual sex with casual girls.

FYI i have never and will never use a condom to make love till i grow old so apparently, in your perspective i be illitrate shey?

You try.
hahahaha cheesy

Keep enjoying your life bro cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
the ultimate sign you're an illiterate is when you believe this OP's 10 signs of illiteracy. grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
Kindly read this. The bolded will make you understand better

At the mention of the word "illiteracy", people
jump to conclusion that it is the basic inability
to write legibly or speak Queens' English
properly,
and/or inability to understand or
produce written information properly. But I
can assure you that there are several degrees
of illiteracy in Nigeria (regardless of your
Academic Certification)
but . . .

never mind.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
geccibede:
the ultimate sign you're an illiterate is when you believe this OP's 10 signs of illiteracy. grin
It's the ultimate sign you are an illiterate if you hold contrary opinion to the write-up tongue
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by stonecoldcafe: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
[i]
I laughed from start to end. LOL
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
j1mmy:

alcohol - Rubbish, something an ACTUAL mallam or daft illiterate will write...

Try believing in God you never researched, Try paying billions to 419 pastors, worshiping a god hoping to get to paradise or 72 virgins in the afterlife! try following Islamic teaching on unbelievers.

Try describing Lebanese, Chinese and Indian people in Nigerian as whites and masters
Try praising thieving politicians
Try calling FAT bodies of Nigerian women, booty and sign of good living!
Try eating cow foot, intestines, nose and other cancer candidates - good food

Those are better signs you people in that filthy country are EDUCATED-ILLITERATES!
you got talent
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by dododawa1: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Is ENGLISH my mother tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by dododawa1: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
dododawa1:
Is ENGLISH my mother tongue
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by gentlegeno(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
After acquiring education, one continues to uphold some barbaric and worthless philosophies...is an act of illitracy too.
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by agarawu23(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hmm!
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by realnas(m): 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
Bro tosyne in as much as I enjoy ur write ups on today's topic I beg to differ with you on the last point , blv me this our society is filled with some pretty crazy individuals whom if u don't show them that u are also a lunatic they will not respect themselves and leave u alone baba I will stand up 4 myself whenever d occasion demands 4 for it . I am graduatebut if anyone dares me I will knock him out and that does not make me an illiterate .
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by jayzblack(m): 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2015
Have u seen a yoruba man picking cals inside danfo.......He laments in al cals as if he is making trouble...
Emi.....Mogbo...Oh..Kiniye...Ode...Lei-ei...Orie..Oya..Were ni
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by akigbemaru: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sign that you are illiterate
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by seglord22(m): 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sveen:
Apart from the sex aspect, none of the other stuffs can happen in Unilorin.
Confirm
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by noble2faith(m): 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
The op should hav used anoda word or group of words to describe such pple dat exhibit any of the listed non-ethical ethikelities. The word "illiteracy" has nothing to do with any of d listed. Even though the op might want 2 claim using "operational definition or explanation" he would still be wrong.

I would rather say such person is foolish-foolish in the sense that he has the knowledge but never put it into practice. He acquired the knowledge but no wisdom( the practicalization of the knowledge)
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by ultimate77(m): 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sveen:
Apart from the sex aspect, none of the other stuffs can happen in Unilorin.

unilorin for Nigeria abi the one wey day for Tokyo??
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Mixty: 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sagamite:
Mixty, come here and see someone calling you the cretin you are.

Look at No 8. grin grin grin grin grin
Lol grin grin grin
Fool
I don't visit the brothel. I have never been to a brothel. Show me any posts of yours that DIRECTLY indicates that I have visited a brothel or patronized a prostitute. I will quit Nairaland.
I have just 500+ posts on Nairaland so you can easily do a quick scan. I have a life unlike you, of course tongue
Be civil. Your lack of manners is appalling. It's not a sign of education.
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by lolu007(m): 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
delectablegyal:
I knw sm mods will move this thread to the front page.

Partiality, must stop on nairaland.

I av better topics dan this bt the mods will nt move it to the front page.

Some peoples thread must mk front page, why?

People like the charcoal up there, lagmostkuit(a g.f to one of the mods) and so many others.
just went through your threads..

Nothing sensible
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Sagamite(m): 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mixty:

Lol grin grin grin
Fool
I don't visit the brothel. I have never been to a brothel. Show me any posts of yours that DIRECTLY indicates that I have visited a brothel or patronized a prostitute. I will quit Nairaland.
I have just 500+ posts on Nairaland so you can easily do a quick scan. I have a life unlike you, of course tongue
Be civil. Your lack of manners is appalling. It's not a sign of education.

You are a daft cretinous fuuktard!

You don't visit brothels but you spend your life on NL on an "ashawo-usage thread" begging people to share the contact details of their ashawo with you?

Who are you foooling, moronic fuutkard? grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

18 Pictures That Describe Having The Worst Roommates At University / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Coronavirus: Nnamdi Azikiwe University Starts Production Of Hand Sanitizers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.