Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians (89714 Views)

9 Nigerian Celebrities You Should Not Invite To Your Wedding (meme Collection) / Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. / Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Kaduna State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by tonychristopher: 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
Martino240:
Why are most of them ibos?

Because God blessed igbos
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by PublicAssurance: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
[size=18pt]Make Una continue to dey claim. Claiming Claimers[/size]
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by tonychristopher: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Karlovich:
None of them were born in Nigeria, they don't have Nigerian passport, they never lived in Nigeria, they weren't educated in Nigeria. How are they nigerian?

Their DNA is Nigerian and they are Igbo for majority
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by Karlovich: 9:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
tonychristopher:

Their DNA is Nigerian and they are Igbo for majority
But their nationality is not Nigerian, it's just like calling George Clooney or Tom cruise irish because they have irish ancestors. Op is refering to them as nigerians

1 Like

Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by refiner(f): 9:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
ikombe:
that comment u make wen u eat food cooked with weed instead of thyme undecided

re u op?did I mention Ur name?
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by tonychristopher: 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
OtunbaJega:
Wale
SADE Adu
David Oyelowo
Akinuoye Agbaje
Etc...

Who are those
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by cupidhero(m): 9:24pm On Dec 09, 2015
Since y'all don't get tired with these lists...here's mine. Ma nigga!

Michael Uzowuru
Also known a Uzi
Born: November 10, 1991
Origin: Cypress, California, United States
Genres: Hip hop
Occupation(s) Record producer, musician, blogger
Years active 2010–present
Associated acts Earl Sweatshirt, Vic Mensa, Odd Future, Vince Staples, Om'mas Keith
Michael Uzowuru is a Nigerian-American music producer, artist, and blogger from Southern California.Uzowuru has made a name for himself as a producer and recording artist by working with a number of collaborators. One his earliest projects was Vince Staples' "Versace Rap" from Stapels' first mixtape Shyne Coldchain Vol. 1. Uzowuru has also worked with artists such as Brandun DeShay, Odd Future's Domo Genesis, Matt Martians (The Jet Age of Tomorrow), and Hodgy Beats.
In 2012, Uzowuru released a mixtape entitled Winter in Prague with longtime friend and collaborator Vince Staples.[1] The mixtape received positive reviews, sending waves through the independent music world. In 2013, Uzowuru produced the opening track "Pre" for Earl Sweatshirt's debut album Doris. The track featured collaborator and Los Angeles-based rapper SK La'Flare. Later that year, he produced "Tweakin" and "Yap Yap" for Chicago rapper Vic Mensa's second mixtape Innanetape, gaining Uzowuru more recognition for his production. He is slated to appear on Mensa's first extended play Street Lights and Vince Staples' debut album.
In addition to producing for other artists, he has released a number of instrumental and solo projects. Notably Paisley Palm Trees, which was premiered by The FADER magazine.[2] Uzowuru's most recent project Pink Orchids was released mid-August 2014. A departure from his beat production, the project is composed of cinematic instrumentals with a feature from Vic Mensa on the track "Waves".

1 Like

Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by tonychristopher: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
Karlovich:
But their nationality is not Nigerian, it's just like calling George Clooney or Tom cruise irish because they have irish ancestors.

No ..it is not about nationality but DNA ...nationality can change but blood won't

Just like saying drake is Canadian but has Jewish blood

Nationality is man made
DNA from Olisa

1 Like

Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by MeandSum: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
gsport:
Igbo are most wildly travelled,schooled,cultured so it's expected they remain no one in nigeria South West and north can come in distance second and third

You wished your statement had anything close to reality. 70% of the Nigerians I studied with or studied in my universities are from the wes, then we have the Edos, Rivers and Delta state students only after that comes the Igbos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by redfly(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
Collin Firth was also born in Nigeria, his folks were colonialists
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by Karlovich: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
tonychristopher:

No ..it is not about nationality but DNA ...nationality can change but blood won't

Just like saying drake is Canadian but has Jewish blood

Nationality is man made
DNA from Olisa
ok, I get your point now
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by onila(f): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
tonychristopher:

Because God blessed igbos
grin
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
Gogobiri Lalas born to Naija parents, repping Orile parapo in the diaspora....still pumping chicks and drinking Sapele water in form of Vodka...my peope I present myself.. grin
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by BABANGBALI: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
that list is incomplete without mr ibu,aki and pawpaw's names
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by mimicue(f): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
Dot da Genius music producer jhene aiko's husband
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by ikombe: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
refiner:

re u op?did I mention Ur name?
cant remember u callin op name
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by tonychristopher: 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
Karlovich:
ok, I get your point now

And blood is always thicker ...tomorrow they know that they are Igbo and one thing about Igbo is that they don't forget their roots just like Jews

So they might have American passport but that doesn't stop them from knowing that they come from Igbo ethnic group

I have seen many that came back in Igbo land and also many that contributed to the cause of their homeland

Even oluchi former face of Africa is always in touch

So that's the way it is

DNA is stronger than nationality
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by refiner(f): 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2015
ikombe:
cant remember u callin op name
see me see wahala ooo.I calld op nt ikombe.pls Dnt make me notice u!
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by tonychristopher: 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
Gogobiri Lalas born to Naija parents, repping Orile parapo in the diaspora....still pumping chicks and drinking Sapele water in form of Vodka...my peope I present myself.. grin

I like you....your intro is legendary

Lol
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by tonychristopher: 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
MeandSum:

You wished your statement had anything close to reality. 70% of the Nigerians I studied with or studied in my universities are from the wes, then we have the Edos, Rivers and Delta state students only after that comes the Igbos.

Did you study in Haiti or Samoa

2 Likes

Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
IamMissMarvel:
My sweet sweet Lemar.
What happened to your kennygee account?
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
ibadanfinest:
If Op is saying Hugo weavings is a Nigerian because he was born here, the other 9 are definitely not Nigerian because there were not born here o.

The OPsaid "citizen by birth." Though he is wrong. Citizenship by birth in Nigeria entails more than that
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by Karlovich: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
tonychristopher:

And blood is always thicker ...tomorrow they know that they are Igbo and one thing about Igbo is that they don't forget their roots just like Jews

So they might have American passport but that doesn't stop them from knowing that they come from Igbo ethnic group

I have seen many that came back in Igbo land and also many that contributed to the cause of their homeland

Even oluchi former face of Africa is always in touch

So that's the way it is

DNA is stronger than nationality
Yeah, especially the celebrities, most of them usually travel back to their ancestral homes
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by lovely17(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
Jidenna unko classic man correct igbo guy
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by superted87: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
hugo weaving is no nigerian....Both parents are british.
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by vinelli(m): 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ross Barkley
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
kk..
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by yommen: 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
OtunbaJega:
Wale SADE Adu David Oyelowo Akinuoye Agbaje Etc...
Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua(current wbo and commonwealth champion).
Dele Alli( playing in the England National Football team.
Wale the American Musician.
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by mostwantedguy: 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
Adonis3:
8 TINIE TEMPAH : Tinie Tempah real names Patrick Chukwuemeka Okogwu is one of the top UK rappers. Born on November 7, 1988 to Nigerian parents from Ibusa, Delta state. Tinie Tempah began his music career in 2005 and he has since carved a niche for himself with several awards to his names. From Brit Award, Nigeria Entertainment Awards to MOBO Awards. In 2014, he won the BET Awards for the Best International Act.
In 2013, Tinie Tempah travelled to his homeland, Nigeria, to play his first ever show in Lagos to thousands of fans. Apparently, Tinnie Tempah has got a thing of fashion, as he is reportedly one of the most stylish men in the music industry.
7 SHIRLEY BASSEY : She is a Welsh singer born to Nigerian father, Henry Bassey and English mother, Eliza Jane Start. Born on January 8, 1937. Shirley Bassey is well known for recording the theme songs to the James Bond films Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever.
One of the most popular female vocalists in Britain during her time, she was awarded Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) in 1999 by Queen Elizabeth II for her services to entertainment.

This list is nt complete without Nonso Anozie of Game of Thrones.

1 Like

Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by yommen: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
OtunbaJega:
Wale SADE Adu David Oyelowo Akinuoye Agbaje Etc...
Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua(current wbo and commonwealth champion).
Dele Alli( playing in the England National Football team.
Wale the American Musician.
Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by express101: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
MeandSum:

I bet you studied in the UK. Igbo people are inclined toward America.

Re: 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians by ginggerxy: 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
cirmuell:
Ode, include their pics na undecided
ODE( ordinary differentialequation) tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political / Ned Nwoko's Moroccan Wife, Laila Nwoko Receives His Democracy Heroes Award / The Death Of Dede One Day - R.I.P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.