Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

See What I Just Did To My Employers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See What I Just Did To My Employers (3722 Views)

6 Attributes Employers Look For In A Candidate / Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture] / See What I Just Did To My Employers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What I Just Did To My Employers by ekanDamie: 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ok, its not like i am proud of what i did today but i just had to Man up and leave.
Here is the short gist.
I work for a indian coy as an account clerk in osun
I am also the cashier of this branch of theirs, so invariably i am in sole control of the branchs cash. Because of the position, family, co workers, always ask me for loan, some even bring their friends to come ask me for money.

The customers, arent left out too, they all keep coming to me for credit sales.
It was of recent one customer requested of credit sales of upto 90k. Up until now he hasnt paid back fully. tho, i did not bear the liability for this defunct payment and that was because the sales manager was the one who loaned him personally after i denied him the full credit, i only allowed him 20k. If i had accepted the whole credit, am sure you understand the fix i would be in.

The coy operates on a no credit policy, this favour is just done within without the knowledge of the management, the way some plead with u ehn, u just cant help it but this backfires alot of times because they do not pay in the stipulated time, its also risky because there is no formal agreement to this.

Well, today, i had enough of both the coys overloading pressure and also the money lenders n stock borrowers. I deposited the days sales into the coys account after i calculated my salary and paid myself.
Since i do not have an employment letter, the notice of my exit was served after the bank lodgement and my salary withdrawal.
I also balanced stock with the store keeper and accounted for the diffrence.

What i did, does it have any legal implication on me? Please advice.

2 Likes

Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
grin cheesy grin. U don thief the coy Money run...

Yes it has legal implication as that is categorized as stealing; Moreso No employment later; so the coy can Deny ever employing you... and claim u eloped with their cash...

But all those indian and Chinese firms dey wicked sha, no b small...

1 Like

Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by ekanDamie: 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
Raymondenyi:
grin cheesy grin. U don thief the coy Money run...

Yes it has legal implication as that is categorized as stealing; Moreso No employment later; so the coy can Deny ever employing you... and claim u eloped with their cash...

But all those indian and Chinese firms dey wicked sha, no b small...
Oga mi, i dont mean to argue, but how can dey deny me when i have acess to thier finance?
Then how will dey say i came in contact with thier finance and the bank lodgements?
But really, i did not steal a dime. I just divided my salary by the official days of december and multiplied it by the number of days worked for.

My fear is, if i do nit remove my money, i may never be able to fight to get it back should incase they decide to default payment.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Melahou(m): 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
It's has serious legal implications.

You maybe accused of stealing or running away with company's property even when you claimed you have accounted for everything.

1 Like

Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by ekanDamie: 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
Melahou:
It's has serious legal implications.

You maybe accused of stealing or running away with company's property even when you claimed you have accounted for everything.

Hmmm, which has legal implications, leaving on my own as i was not bound by any contract or withdrawing my salary
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Melahou(m): 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
ekanDamie:

Hmmm, which has legal implications, leaving on my own as i was not bound by any contract or withdrawing my salary

Withdrawal of your salary so to say without management approval can amount to stealing

3 Likes

Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by ekanDamie: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
Melahou:

Withdrawal your salary so to say without management approval can amount to stealing
But what if they dont pay me at the end of the month even if i did not withdraw my salary. What stand do i have against them? They can go all d way to deny me again na.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
Menn ur argument is absolutely baseless. Ur actions comes with a grave consequence. Keeping praying to ur stars, that they dont take legal action against u, otherwise u are in a dip sh*t

1 Like

Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by akinloluwao: 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2015
Why will you do that? Were you the one that has been paying yourself all these while? Hmnnn. Aanu e n se mi. I don't want you to spend your Xmas and new year in prison ooo. Your action is tantamount to stealing. You dey play with fire. Haba.. Always Think twice before you take any action and keep praying they don't take this up. Haba. It is well

1 Like

Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
soon d compani will soon send u to jail,....
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by odimbannamdi(m): 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
Honestly bro, you didnt do well. your actions have grave legal consequences. However, as long as you correctly balanced the account and paid yourself based on your previous salaries, then you might have proofs to show your innocence just in case your employers decide to take legal action.

By the way bro, am currently jobless. Please kindly link me up to your company so i can assume your position. Since i would be handling money, i can provide guarantors to surety me. thankd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by ekanDamie: 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hmmmm. @akinloluwao, adewumiopeyemi , odim
The truth is, i havnt made d lodgement yet, it is still in my possesion i was only conceiving the idea as holiday dey come n i need money even though am withdrawing my services.
But the plight that bought me to this thought is what if dey dont pay me as at when due.
Would i have any defence against them?
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by femidejulius(m): 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2015
ekanDamie:
Hmmmm. @akinloluwao, adewumiopeyemi , odim
The truth is, i havnt made d lodgement yet, it is still in my possesion i was only conceiving the idea as holiday dey come n i need money even though am withdrawing my services.
But the plight that bought me to this thought is what if dey dont pay me as at when due.
Would i have any defence against them?

Wait till you collect your next salary and drop your resignation letter immediately thereafter. That's the proper thing to do
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Dahveydson(m): 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
The truth is you can be accused of stealing, inshort, you stole because you're in no position to pay yourself.

Now think about your career path, if your future employer ask for reference from your previous employer. What will you doing having soiled your relationship with them?

Left to me, you should have resigned honourably.

1 Like

Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by ekanDamie: 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
femidejulius:

Wait till you collect your next salary and drop your resignation letter immediately thereafter. That's the proper thing to do
Bro, d truth of the matter is, i just can't hold on till month end.
The organisation runs on a monthly circle of 24th to 25th. What i mean is,
December salary starts from 25th nov up until 24th dec. But, dey never pay salaries till
Until 2-4th of the new month. Meaning, u will work extra 8-10days for free if u decide to wait till salary. Its all exploitative ways by this foreigners
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by akinloluwao: 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
femidejulius:

seconded. Please do not put yourself on unnecessary and avoidable wahala. This is festive season. Be honourable. Protect your name. You are still going far.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by akinloluwao: 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
ekanDamie:

Bro, d truth of the matter is, i just can't hold on till month end.
The organisation runs on a monthly circle of 24th to 25th. What i mean is,
December salary starts from 25th nov up until 24th dec. But, dey never pay salaries till
Until 2-4th of the new month. Meaning, u will work extra 8-10days for free if u decide to wait till salary. Its all exploitative ways by this foreigners
it doesn't matter. 10 days work cannot kill you. Think twice bro and be wise

2 Likes

Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by NanaF: 11:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
This is how the devil starts his work.

Before you know you're in the cell and asking yourself why.

Don't do it.

The resulting wahala will not be worth it. They will call you a thief and you will be treated as such even in the court of law.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by menix(m): 1:41am On Dec 10, 2015
OP I don't need crystal ball to know u have stolen enough money to last you pending when u find another work or u possibly going into ur own business..

Sure what u did is not right but I won't blame you cous I will do same or wait till I get paid..

You an Uwa Mmebi employee but that is none of my biz.

Wish u well in ur endeavors..
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Tundeiab(m): 3:38am On Dec 10, 2015
ekanDamie:

But what if they dont pay me at the end of the month even if i did not withdraw my salary. What stand do i have against them? They can go all d way to deny me again na.
Guy! Return the salary back to avoid issues. A good name is better that riches they say.

1 Like

Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by ekanDamie: 6:04am On Dec 10, 2015
menix:

OP I don't need crystal ball to know u have stolen enough money to last you pending when u find another work or u possibly going into ur own business..

Sure what u did is not right but I won't blame you cous I will do same or wait till I get paid..

You an Uwa Mmebi employee but that is none of my biz.

Wish u well in ur endeavors..
Lol. I wundnt say i stole but thers no way some cash will not come from being the sole finance staff.
All the same i left my sheet clean.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Craven: 6:07am On Dec 10, 2015
ekanDamie

What I've seen you do so far is trying to justify the fact that you stole. I hate to break it to you, but there is no excuse for stealing. As long as you've taken what does not belong to you, you've stolen that thing. That money was not yours to take. It belongs to your company. And they are the one authorized to pay you. You are in no position to pay yourself, whatever excuse you might give. You are not the owner of the company, neither did you employ yourself. So why then do you feel you have the right to decide how money that is not yours should be used? What you did was unethical and wrong. You stole, admit that and stop trying to make it seem like you were right to do so. I suggested you find a way to right your wrongs because this might not end well for you.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by ekanDamie: 6:08am On Dec 10, 2015
Tundeiab:

Guy! Return the salary back to avoid issues. A good name is better that riches they say.
Thanks oga mi, i havnt made d lodgement there as i claim, it was just what whas in my mind to do. I only sent a message to the HR on my spot exit.
I just decided to get peoples opinion b4 i lodge the cash first thing this morning and now i think i hav been advised unanimously.
I will not pay myself, i just hope they pay me wen dey share salaries in january
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 10, 2015
Extra 10 working days compared to months in prison grin
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by PresVA: 6:27am On Dec 10, 2015
Nawa oo, end time employee. ..

Handling someone else's business anyhow, imagine lending money without the management's consent and then having the nerves to pay yourself. .. undecided

What do you mean by the bolded? undecided
ekanDamie:

Lol. I wundnt say i stole but thers no way some cash will not come from being the sole finance staff.
All the same i left my sheet clean.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Melahou(m): 6:35am On Dec 10, 2015
ekanDamie:

if you understand the labour law concerning resignation or abandoning of duty you will see my point.

since you did not give proper notice of your resignation, its should be assumed you abandoned your job and to
add salt to injury you still went ahead to remove/withdraw company`s money without authorization.

it means you stole company`s money and ran away

it does not mean whether or not you where giving appointment letter,
you need to give formal notification of your resignation and they sign you off or clear you
after which you much have dropped all company`s property(ies) in your possession. tongue
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by ekanDamie: 7:25am On Dec 10, 2015
Melahou:

if you understand the labour law concerning resignation or abandoning of duty you will see my point.

since you did not give proper notice of your resignation, its should be assumed you abandoned your job and to
add salt to injury you still went ahead to remove/withdraw company`s money without authorization.

it means you stole company`s money and ran away

it does not mean whether or not you where giving appointment letter,
you need to give formal notification of your resignation and they sign you off or clear you
after which you much have dropped all company`s property(ies) in your possession. tongue
Ok bro, lets leave the salary withdrawal part out of it. As i said, im making d lodgement today, so i wunt b deducting my salary anymore.
But as regards the Labour law thingy. I did drop a 'letter of exit' as i termed it and sent it via mail to the HR since that has been the major mode of communication.
I stated in the letter that since i do not have any contract with the coy, that i am quiting the job.
Other people without employment letter have left this job, on the 25th previous months(since the month ends 25th in dier circle) and dey did not even tender any formal writting to the coy and yet they were paid cos i was d one that disbursed their salary then.
I just know am a utility staff n i dont have replacements whatsaover so my exit will put them to pandemonium somehw.
But that shouldnt stop me from being paid na, cos really i just made up my mind not to suffer my emotions till month end + 10days.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by texazzpete(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2015
When they call police for the OP now, he will start wailing. Don't steal from your employers.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Melahou(m): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2015
ekanDamie:

Ok bro, lets leave the salary withdrawal part out of it. As i said, im making d lodgement today, so i wunt b deducting my salary anymore.
But as regards the Labour law thingy. I did drop a 'letter of exit' as i termed it and sent it via mail to the HR since that has been the major mode of communication.
I stated in the letter that since i do not have any contract with the coy, that i am quiting the job.
Other people without employment letter have left this job, on the 25th previous months(since the month ends 25th in dier circle) and dey did not even tender any formal writting to the coy and yet they were paid cos i was d one that disbursed their salary then.
I just know am a utility staff n i dont have replacements whatsaover so my exit will put them to pandemonium somehw.
But that shouldnt stop me from being paid na, cos really i just made up my mind not to suffer my emotions till month end + 10days.

you can drop your registration letter as soon as you collect your monthly salary,
that is better
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by Mightyguy(m): 8:24am On Dec 10, 2015
ekanDamie:

Thanks oga mi, i havnt made d lodgement there as i claim, it was just what whas in my mind to do. I only sent a message to the HR on my spot exit.
I just decided to get peoples opinion b4 i lodge the cash first thing this morning and now i think i hav been advised unanimously.
I will not pay myself, i just hope they pay me wen dey share salaries in january
why do u wnt to exit?? My brother.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by ekanDamie: 9:33am On Dec 10, 2015
Mightyguy:
why do u wnt to exit?? My brother.
From my write up u can see. I dont want to be approached for favours with someone elses money. Its not my company they should stop troubling my life and making me look wicked wen i refuse. Emotional reasons my bro.
Re: See What I Just Did To My Employers by jashar(f): 9:44am On Dec 10, 2015
you should follow the company protocol for leaving.
Don't take matters into your own hands; except of course you don't mind ruining your name.

And next time you're asked for a loan by family members/friends; learn to say NO. You're a custodian not the owner.
That's how politicians started stealing government money by wanting to 'assist' friends and family, later on themselves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good Afternoon,the Next Stages For The2017pre-selected Applicants Will Be Shared / GE Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (16 Positions) / For Jobs In Jikwoyi/karu/nyanya/mararaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.