Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor (64381 Views)

Governors Describe EFCC Boss, Magu As Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser / Tinubu May Emerge as APC BoT chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by GenOrumov: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2015
Aseco:
This really funny, I thought Hon. Faleke has resign his membership in d House of Rep. B4 going for election in kogi state, what are pple of Ikeja Federal constituency looking, it means he has abandoned d mandate they gv to him for the past months campaigning in kogi state. I think he shd b recall frm the House of Rep. n replace him with person that wil b focus abt their constituency.... That's my opinion though
Our constitution allows for serving house of assembly, house of reps and senators to aspire for governership positions. They are allowed leave to pursue that aspiration and still return if they failed in that quest.

Examples of serving House of Reps members who contested for Governorship seats

1. Seriake Dickson - current Governor of Bayelsa. He contested and won and vacated his seat in the house.

2. Uche Ekwunife - contested for Anambra Governorship election against sitting Governor Obi when he contested for a second term. She lost and subsequently returned to the house.

3. James Faleke - House of rep member representing Ikeja Federal Constituency in Lagos state but contested as Deputy Governor in Kogi state his state of origin. If he his still interested in the seat come January when Yahaya Bello is sworn in, he will vacate his seat in the house.

In my opinion, Faleke can afford to forfeit the Deputy Governorship seat in Kogi state because he already holds a plum position as a Federal House of Reps member, that's the reason for his attitude (shakara) towards that seat. Under normal circumstance, a Nigerian politician will jump at that offer.

There are several other cases which I can't remember at the moment.
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by menix(m): 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2015
Government of today is now a family business..

From Audu's son to the wife..

Nwanne Uwa Emebigo oo..

1 Like

Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by jantavanta(m): 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
A similar thing was said when Governor Yakowa of Kaduna died in a helicopter crash.
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by jantavanta(m): 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
GenOrumov:

Our ..................

3. James Faleke - House of rep member representing Ikeja Federal Constituency in Lagos state but contested as Deputy Governor in Kogi state his state of origin. If he his still interested in the seat come January when Yahaya Bello is sworn in, he will vacate his seat in the house.

In my opinion, Faleke can afford to forfeit the Deputy Governorship seat in Kogi state because he already holds a plum position as a Federal House of Reps member, that's the reason for his attitude (shakara) towards that seat. Under normal circumstance, a Nigerian politician will jump at that offer.

Thanks for the facts.
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by Beetobee(f): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
Surprising news as they have been estranged and probably divorced for a while!
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by putin3: 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
Apc govt na woluwolu govt nobody care again,they can evoke Audu ghost to be deputy
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by sylve11: 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2015
politics in this part of the world is something else cool
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by Bgorgeous: 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
Is this Audu's family the only Pple from logo?
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by malikisah: 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
Dem don divorce now!
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by diva90: 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2015
What happened to that small 14 year old Egyptian girl that he married last year
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by nortcentrallord(m): 10:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
Op seem to be confused. Audu was married to a younger woman whom he intended using as his 1st lady besides he has had a fall out with Aisha for some time now not to think of it, aren't Aisha the mother of the alleged rapist sons of Audu?
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by Aseco(m): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
GenOrumov:

Our constitution allows for serving house of assembly, house of reps and senators to aspire for governership positions. They are allowed leave to pursue that aspiration and still return if they failed in that quest.

Examples of serving House of Reps members who contested for Governorship seats

1. Seriake Dickson - current Governor of Bayelsa. He contested and won and vacated his seat in the house.

2. Uche Ekwunife - contested for Anambra Governorship election against sitting Governor Obi when he contested for a second term. She lost and subsequently returned to the house.

There are several other cases which I can't remember at the moment.

Thanks my brother, remember d case still in court n still challenging Yahaya Bello, I mean if he still continue he wil not b focus with d mandate given to him by is constituency because I may nid to b appearing in court when he suppose to b in d House
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by jelal007(m): 12:20am On Dec 10, 2015
OP......this is a very crude and rude joke. No be monarchy we get 4 kogi state oo. Na democracy dey here.
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by DTaj: 12:42am On Dec 10, 2015
Aseco:
This really funny, I thought Hon. Faleke has resign his membership in d House of Rep. B4 going for election in kogi state, what are pple of Ikeja Federal constituency looking, it means he has abandoned d mandate they gv to him for the past months campaigning in kogi state. I think he shd b recall frm the House of Rep. n replace him with person that wil b focus abt their constituency.... That's my opinion though

You are wrong, Aseko. Any member of the national assembly does not need to resign before contesting for governor (or any other elective position). Several examples...

Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa undertook primaries for PDP governorship election still as a member of the House of Reps; he contested and won as Bayelsa Governor; and it was only after he won that a fresh election was conducted by INEC to fill his seat in the House of Reps. If he had lost the Gov election, he would simply have returned to the House of Reps as member.

So did former Speaker Aminu Tambuwwal (contested APC Sokoto primaries as a sitting Speaker of the House of Reps) and still returned to preside over sessions of the House as Gov-elect until June 2015 when the 7th Fed House of Reps closed.

So did Deputy Speaker Emeka Ikedioha, who undertook PDP primaries in Imo state and stood for election as PDP candidate; he returned to the House of Reps until the 7th House wound down in June 2015.

So did Senator Uche Ekwunife of Anambra state, who as a member of the House of Reps, contested PDP primaries for Governor of that state and simply returned to the National Assembly after she lost.

So did former Governor Gabriel Suswan, who as a member of the House of Reps between 1999 and 2007 left to contest PDP primaries in Benue State and returned to the House of Reps as Governor elect and attended House sittings until May 29 2015 when he was sworn in as Governor.

In these instances (and many more) none of the persons resigned from the House of Reps to contest as Governor...
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by Aseco(m): 1:01am On Dec 10, 2015
DTaj:

You are wrong, Aseko. Any member of the national assembly does not need to resign before contesting for governor (or any other elective position). Several examples...

Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa undertook primaries for PDP governorship election still as a member of the House of Reps; he contested and won as Bayelsa Governor; and it was only after he won that a fresh election was conducted by INEC to fill his seat in the House of Reps. If he had lost the Gov election, he would simply have returned to the House of Reps as member.

So did former Speaker Aminu Tambuwwal (contested APC Sokoto primaries as a sitting Speaker of the House of Reps) and still returned to preside over sessions of the House as Gov-elect until June 2015 when the 7th Fed House of Reps closed.

So did Deputy Speaker Emeka Ikedioha, who undertook PDP primaries in Imo state and stood for election as PDP candidate; he returned to the House of Reps until the 7th House wound down in June 2015.

So did Senator Uche Ekwunife of Anambra state, who as a member of the House of Reps, contested PDP primaries for Governor of that state and simply returned to the National Assembly after she lost.

So did former Governor Gabriel Suswan, who as a member of the House of Reps between 1999 and 2007 left to contest PDP primaries in Benue State and returned to the House of Reps as Governor elect and attended House sittings until May 29 2015 when he was sworn in as Governor.

In these instances (and many more) none of the persons resigned from the House of Reps to contest as Governor...

Remembered I said in my opinion..... And Hon. Faleke still challenging d the govt elect in court in which he maybe in court anyday that he suppose to focus with his mandate in the House
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by swizken89: 1:16am On Dec 10, 2015
Check my signature
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by hush15: 6:06am On Dec 10, 2015
Aseco:

That is what you get when we allow bending of rules and electoral laws. APC is gradually growing lawless by the day. Before we know it, all these incidence will be used as references to win cases.

This is my problem with our country, the things we should guide against, we embrace it without objectivity and the consequences that follows...

From lagos to Kogi, and when he is upset, he returns back to lagos. H3 doesn't even know where to represent anymore.
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by carinmom(f): 7:19am On Dec 10, 2015
hassan85:
so so stupid honestly. Must it be an Audus family member? I hope d Kogi west will take dia selves seriously and take dia mandate seriously
bro i tire ooo, as if anyone related to Audu must be in govt house. SMH
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by olanje: 7:52am On Dec 10, 2015
Aseco:

Thanks my brother, remember d case still in court n still challenging Yahaya Bello, I mean if he still continue he wil not b focus with d mandate given to him by is constituency because I may nid to b appearing in court when he suppose to b in d House

This is how you Fail exams, someone just take his time to sensitize U on what you don't know and u're still saying another thing, Don't u read the part that he said the aspirant will be given a terminal live to pursue his mandate. Even the SP Saraki appeared at the CCT trial when he was suppose to be in d house. Always read in between the lines of every message
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by samuel900(m): 8:14am On Dec 10, 2015
so it's animals that remains in Kogi? why must they give the widow?
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 10, 2015
YEYENATU
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by Awaja(m): 8:54am On Dec 10, 2015
That guy by the lady side na fine boy oh,see en white eyes like lemar own
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 10, 2015
LAGOS NO MAN'S LAND INDEED... FALEKE YOU FALL MANY KOGIETS HANDS OOO................. GO BACK TO YOUR NO MAN'S LAND AND NEVER COME BACK TO CAUSE PROBLEMS.
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by preciousbibi(f): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
What happens to the 18yrs old bride naa?
Re: Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor by IndianaJay: 10:34am On Dec 11, 2015
It's as if human being don finish for Kogi......either that or Kogi's educated youths/adults are non- existence.

I assume everyone in Kogi is a farmer, bird farmer, palmwine tapper, fufu maker, coffin maker etc.

Or...why else would they keep recycling family members of old politicians??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / Sunday Igboho Has Been Poisoned In Cotonou Prison - Kemi Olunloyo / Livinus Owalum-Barnabas: Police Arrest Ex-Soldier Who Trained 2000 ESN Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.