Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Who Drives Manual? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Who Drives Manual? (4553 Views)

Salvage King. Vehicles That Runs And Drives Only Pre-order From USA today! / 406 Right Hand Drives 97,98,99,00,01,02,03, CAMRY 97,98,99 PENCIL LIGHT / Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Drives Manual? by obi2obi(m): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2006
I drive both. Manual is nice, but auto is better if you drive in congested areas. Changing from gear 1 to 2 gets very tedious during rush hour. Show me a nice open road and its manual all the way. Anyway sha i guess thats why porsche invented Tiptronic as a comprise somewhat.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by jammin(m): 8:49pm On Dec 20, 2006
i dont read auto magazines then come and spout like i own a make vehicle. i just drive my little transport, and consider myself fortunate to own a car. lots and lots of people in this world dream of owning a car. some will never realize the dream. cool
Re: Who Drives Manual? by nferyn(m): 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2006
I do. Once had an automatic, absolutely hated it. Automatic doesn't give you the level of control that manual gives you. When you know how to shift properly, take advantage of the clutch and use engine braking, the car almost becomes an extension of yourself. Also, fuel consumption goes down with manual, unless you've got a very heavy car with a matching engine.
No more auto for me
Re: Who Drives Manual? by vadewoyin(f): 6:51am On Dec 21, 2006
No, I beg ooooooooo, I prefer automatic
Re: Who Drives Manual? by balash(m): 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2006
wo manuel or auto i go tell una when i buy one but presently am still celebrating with my friends i just bought two tires last week and am naw saving more money to buy body and engine when the car is complete i will let u all know so we can celebrate it together ciao
Re: Who Drives Manual? by jammin(m): 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2006
balash. please try and remember that other people wants to understand what you are saying. wink no disrespect intended

i read it again. oooooh, it was a joke. not original but what the heck cheesy
Re: Who Drives Manual? by balash(m): 3:58pm On Dec 24, 2006
lol jammin no probs am sure they will know am joking i prefer manual peace
Re: Who Drives Manual? by jammin(m): 7:47pm On Dec 24, 2006
I believe that outside of racing, manuals should be regulated to the scrap heap. I love my automatic. not the cheapoes. I prefer Honda Accords. Sweet ride for the Price. My first car was a Nissan Sunny(fully powered) reconditioned. It was ok for a new owner and driver. Then I got my first Honda, a Civic. the difference was awesome. So i thought if the civic was this good at the low end, then i gotto get an Accord, it must be better. Have been hook ever since.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2006
obi2obi:

I drive both. Manual is nice, but auto is better if you drive in congested areas. Changing from gear 1 to 2 gets very tedious during rush hour. Show me a nice open road and its manual all the way. Anyway sha i guess thats why porsche invented Tiptronic as a comprise somewhat.

men like u said it depends on the road, when am in the city it is auto cos i was in a heavy traffic with my manual and i got home my ankles where seriously aching

but with auto in traffic ur home free , but the day i discovered wat my benz 4-gear system could do especially when u rev gear 3 b4 u take it to gear 4 on an interstate road u r in heaven-- power with control. grin

when u drive manual vw beetle i sorry for u na regrets only
Re: Who Drives Manual? by mrpataki(m): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2006
I dig into both, but i prefer the manual gear anyday, why? It gives me room to perform my stunts on any ride as i want to! wink
Re: Who Drives Manual? by mrpataki(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2006
Infact i go with a sticker on my ride, "dont you dare me on my ride"! wink
Re: Who Drives Manual? by dennylove(m): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2006
is good to drive manual,more especially when you are LEARNING TO DRIVE,but i love auto too.though it makes you to be lazy a times, the point is MANUAL makes you TIRED on a long journey,AUTO,makes you lazy when driving on manual. cheesy cheesy shocked shocked
Re: Who Drives Manual? by jidody(m): 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2006
In a city like Lagos, driving a manual wears off your engine faster because you get into so many unpredictable traffic jams and you end up driving at speeds that are incompatible with your gear levels. On the other hand, the auto knows what to do irrespective of your speed so there is less pressure on the engine.

I'll settle for an auto anyday!

jidody
Re: Who Drives Manual? by tjwealthy(m): 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2007
I concur @jidody

Manuals are NOT for crazy Lagos traffic
Re: Who Drives Manual? by kubiboy: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2007
i stoped driving manual because it spoiled my sanche shoes
Re: Who Drives Manual? by domwas2(m): 2:17pm On Feb 01, 2007
u never felt like sleeping on manual but auto u zzzzzz------ smiley
wink
Re: Who Drives Manual? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:53am On Feb 02, 2007
True talk ohhh, but thats if your not driving at 100KM on the highway, then it doesnt matter
But in the City You are right
Re: Who Drives Manual? by allonym: 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2007
I just got my first car last weekend. I'm now officially a manual driver!
Re: Who Drives Manual? by itachi(m): 4:34am On Mar 06, 2007
think! dont feel!
somethings arent about how easy they have become, but the feelin u derive from doing them in a particular way.take pounded yam 4 instance piston & motar over machine.
no man should be talking about (AT) excerpt he is over 50.
heck my mum is over 50 and prefers MT 4 life!By the way thats a 6 speed manual gear!

Re: Who Drives Manual? by ruescho(m): 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2007
Poor boy, u really don't know anything about cars!!!

Ever had e.g. an Audi A8 with tipptronic? (like I had, was very sporty though it only was the 3.2 fsi-engine)
You either can drive automatically or shift gears with a paddle at the steering wheel.
They even have it with Porsche, look:
Re: Who Drives Manual? by itachi(m): 12:51am On Mar 07, 2007
on the contrary i know about cars,
shiftronic, steptronic,tipptronic even flappy pedals.
you acutually dont need a cluctch to changes gears.
were is your left leg man?

Re: Who Drives Manual? by ruescho(m): 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2007
Sorry oooh, if it's right wheel drive, my left leg is with my girl grin grin grin
Re: Who Drives Manual? by dakmanzero(m): 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2007
As long as I'm in naija I'll go with manual because of maintenance issues. However, even though auto is less fun to drive than manual its more practical because you needn't concentrate on so many things while driving.

so this is how it is:

NAIJA

for my normal car: Manual (so I dont have to marry my mechanic's daughter)
for my 'toy' car (luxury): Auto (so I can give my clutch foot a rest in hold ups and just chill out once a week on a weekend drive)

AWAY

for my normal car: Auto (so I can be a lazy idiot all week)
for my 'toy' car: Manual (because it's fun and I wont be suffering my clutch foot in endless traffic jams)

Manual is more fun and satisfying, but in a traffic jam you'll curse the clutch, and some times you just wish you had one hand free to fool around with ipod/phone/passenger's boobs.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by mrofficial(m): 1:28am On Jun 18, 2007
1. zooooooooooooooooooooooooom, change it, 2. vooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom, change it, 3. hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom. Manual is da Bomb. Damn you Auto.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by mrofficial(m): 1:29am On Jun 18, 2007
Some people no get bicycle, and them too dey post.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by thegame(m): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2007
Only the ones that are scared to drive drive autos. I prefer manual anyday but ma family uses autos though only mom uses manual and that's cos she users a driver.i am in control of my car not that all i have to do is just accelerate and brake. That's boring. Manual is interesting and works well in emergency periods e.g when battery or kick is weak which can happen any time if u forget to turn off your radio,heater or some other car appliance.
Don't forget MANUAL SAVES FUEL THAN AUTO.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by Makamiyaki(m): 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2007
I drive a manual. But I'm thinking of buying an automatic next because of Lagos traffic
Re: Who Drives Manual? by moondust(m): 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2007
I drive a shiftstick and I'm cool with it. An autodrive will be sure to put me to sleep. So  I'd still go for a manual shiftstick when its time to change my ride anyday!
Re: Who Drives Manual? by Islander(f): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2007
Used to do the shift thingy in the islands. NY made me changed to automatic. It's kind of boring, I loved "playing" with my stick, really missing it. cry cry cry
Re: Who Drives Manual? by Mustay(m): 2:12am On Jun 26, 2007
Manual
Re: Who Drives Manual? by Ndipe(m): 2:46am On Jun 26, 2007
I prefer automatic, anytime, any day. Manual is too complicated.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by Mustay(m): 3:00am On Jun 26, 2007
It's better to start 'hard'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tokunbo 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Sports (Long Chassis) Asking Price Now: N1m / New Year Gift: Very Clean 1999 Model Honda Civic / 2010 Honda Accord,full Option,great Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.