Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,854 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? (37254 Views)

Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones / How Come Nobody Is Talking About Oukitel K6000 Plus? / How Come Nobody Is Talking About Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by TechRez(m): 10:06am On Dec 11, 2015
ollah1:

You see what we are talking about. Rewind it to back in the the days when its all Sony. Sony bravia TVs, Sony sound systems. They just need to up their games. Nobody hates them really and it would be bad if Sony sinks. I also think Japan should help them more.

Most Japanese electronics are dying, South Korea and Chinese have taken the market from them. Japanese Government should do something pretty fast else the only major electronics company would sink right before their eyes

I feel so sad as well... sad

They need further restructuring...
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by hadura29(m): 10:08am On Dec 11, 2015
greenhulk:

U can't blame Nigerians, u blame Sony for not being aggressive in their marketing enough. People can't buy something they don't know, something without functioning call care where u can take ur phone to for repairs or replacement. Even in the US Sony only recently started agresive advertising. How many concerts or endorsments have Sony xperia sponsored in Nigeria? How many Sony ambassadors do we have in Nigeria?

Just take a look at Samsung? U can hardly go into any shopping mall without finding Samsung adverts. U will find Samsung adverts on the most expensive billboards. They sponsor events, give endorsements. Do u know the year banky w became Samsung ambassador? They invest in the country and are reaping the returns?

Take a look at LG too. They market their g3 and g4 aggresively and people are enlightened. Sony started making phones before LG but look at where LG are now. They launch their flagship phones with events , people benefit from them. Who is benefiting from Sony?

AND U STILL WANT TO BLAME NIGERIANS FOR NOT BUYING SONY XPERIA PHONES? Can u buy something from someone who doesn't give a damn about u? Especially when there are better options.

Well when I bought xperia, I didn't see any advert, but I did my personal research and walla I fell in love...

Probably, they only depend on their ps games for funds.. Who knows..
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 11, 2015
Youngpo413:
is super Amoled better than IPS or Nokia clear black? To me,IPS is the bomb.

AMOLED is better than IPS tho
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2015
tochez24:

guy who told u dat sony s nt makin it big time....yes i knw dat dy may hv some lapses bt wen u check 4rm dia oda products u wil see dy aint laggin behind.do u knw how many game consoles(ps3 nd 4) dy sell in a yr?? wen u want 2rate a company u rate 4rm dia whole products nt jst a part(lk d fone section)...if u dnt knw sony r makin it lk MAD

Guy, are u talking based on assumptions or facts? Let me remind u this is 2015 and not 2003. Pls reply me with facts and tell me how Sony is making money. They even considered selling their mobile phone industry, they have shut then their computer company and they are losing money even on TVs. Check the pictures below.

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by TechRez(m): 10:33am On Dec 11, 2015
greenhulk:

Guy, are u talking based on assumptions or facts? Let me remind u this is 2015 and not 2003. Pls reply me with facts and tell me how Sony is making money. They even considered selling their mobile phone industry, they have shut then their computer company and they are losing money even on TVs. Check the pictures below.

Thanks for the effort.. I hope this lays the issue to rest. wink

1 Like

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by davidigomanel: 10:39am On Dec 11, 2015
Some Sony xperia fone camera are very bad. E.g my device Sony Xperia m2 d2303 is 8megapixel but the camera is like is 0.6megapixel. Other features are perfect. Tnx.
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2015
ollah1:

AMOLED is better than IPS tho
controversial u, how?....
Specify the conditions,pls
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by PhonePlanet(m): 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
TechRez:

In your room Sony is not sinking.. I have been a Sony fan boy since I was a kid. So don't think I have a bias against them. But I don't write based on emotions but purely on facts. Sony is sinking faster than you can imagine. Their only profitable business at this time is the PlayStation.

The Motorola-Google deal with Samsung is a figment of one's imagination. It never exist. The Motorola-Google deal is a freaking $12 billion flop.

Unless success has another definition, I will agree with you that the Motorola-Google deal was "very" successful.

Google doesn't have a magic wand. Everything they touch do not turn to gold like people assume. Say hello to Google Plus, the presumed Facebook killer. wink

What of sony entertainment?
Sony electronics? Like their TV?
Sony accessories? The walkman? Headset?
And other sony products that might not exist in africa...
Cos you know sony does not have a company in nigeria unlike samsung...
Sony products are brought in by 3rd party retailers

And
""That last one is the one that is very interesting,
because although Project Ara technically started
under Motorola, Motorola was owned by Google
at the time and was one of the only non-patent
products kept by Google when it sold Motorola
to Lenovo. The story goes that it annoyed
Samsung that Google owned its own phone
manufacturer, and Google was annoyed that
Samsung was making Android unrecognizable
with heavy software skins on its products. So, a
deal was struck -- Samsung would lighten its
software modifications on Android and Google
would sell Motorola.""

www.phonearena.com/news/Is-Google-inching-its-way-towards-building-its-own-Pixel-phone_id75510

Read up!
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by safo99(m): 12:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
martineverest:
Go to anywhere, any reputable reviewer online.. Dey will all tell u amoled is the best in the market.. This is not even an argument.. Even apple is going for oleds screen by the year 2017...
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by TechRez(m): 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
PhonePlanet:

What of sony entertainment?
Sony electronics? Like their TV?
Sony accessories? The walkman? Headset?
And other sony products that might not exist in africa...
Cos you know sony does not have a company in nigeria unlike samsung...
Sony products are brought in by 3rd party retailers

And
""That last one is the one that is very interesting,
because although Project Ara technically started
under Motorola, Motorola was owned by Google
at the time and was one of the only non-patent
products kept by Google when it sold Motorola
to Lenovo. The story goes that it annoyed
Samsung that Google owned its own phone
manufacturer, and Google was annoyed that
Samsung was making Android unrecognizable
with heavy software skins on its products. So, a
deal was struck -- Samsung would lighten its
software modifications on Android and Google
would sell Motorola.""

www.phonearena.com/news/Is-Google-inching-its-way-towards-building-its-own-Pixel-phone_id75510

Read up!

Did you read my article at all?

I can't remember limiting Sony's sinking ship to Nigeria. I never even mentioned Nigeria or its mobile market. There is a comprehension problem here.

However someone has death with the issue already and provided photoshot. I won't be repeating myself again.
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by PhonePlanet(m): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
martineverest:

Iphone had always IPS until now

www.phonearena.com/news/Next-gen-iPhone-and-iPad-may-include-OLED-displays-supplied-by-Samsung_id75131

Thank.
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by PhonePlanet(m): 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2015
TechRez:

Did you read my article at all?

I can't remember limiting Sony's sinking ship to Nigeria. I never even mentioned Nigeria or its mobile market. There is a comprehension problem here.

However someone has death with the issue already and provided photoshot. I won't be repeating myself again.

I was only telling you playstation is not sony's only profitable business
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by safo99(m): 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
I know sony is a good product.. But we shud all look at the facts.. Sony is dieing.. Their only profitable business divisions now is the playstation and camera.. The truth is that the koreans and chinese have taken over d market.. If u cum down to naija here.. Majority of homes u see LG, samsung, polystar... No doubt sony has a good hardware on their fones.. I personally don't like d xperia UI.. Sony sell cameras to other big name OEMs.. But @ the end of the year u won't see an xperia device as top 2 best camera fone in d world.. Apart from dis year.. Where dey beat samsung by just a single percent.. Am not a fan of apple but apple do av class.. The ios works seamlessly wit the iphone.. Apple is all about simplicity... All oda oems are all feeling d heat of recent.. Apart from apple.. Even samsung has bin avin declining profits for d past 2 and a half years now.. Das y dey tried sometin different wit d s6.. But in sony's case still d same rectangular shit..even d z5 is no different.. All dis problems started because of d emergence of chinese oems.. They give good value for money.. Take a look at xiaomi, meizu.. They ve got all d features a smartphone shud av.. From fingerprint to even iris scanning technology.. All for a very cheap price..d truth is dat HTC is diein, sony is dieing, samsung has bin aving declining profits, all because of chinese oems.. Das y I love sammy.. Always trying sometin new.. U can see d s6 edge.. They even have their own operating system nw.. Tizen.. Just in case android bleeps up.. They av their own soc..exynos, they av deir own camera division, isocell used in some s5, av their own screen division Amoled,.. Das just it.. Everybody is feeling d heat.. Its how to maneuver ur way out.. Das wat makes u a good company..
Ps4 reclaims its position as the best selling console in the US(gsmarena.com)
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
safo99:

Go to anywhere, any reputable reviewer online.. Dey will all tell u amoled is the best in the market.. This is not even an argument.. Even apple is going for oleds screen by the year 2017...
dats controversial. Amoled produces beautiful images but not really the best.. Have u asked y amoled is not used if computers or have u noticed the difference btw LCD and led tv?
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by martineverest(m): 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Iphone had always IPS until now

www.phonearena.com/news/Next-gen-iPhone-and-iPad-may-include-OLED-displays-supplied-by-Samsung_id75131

Thank.
rumor.. Have u heard of the rumor of appe-foxconn-sharp collaboration
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by safo99(m): 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
martineverest:
dats controversial. Amoled produces beautiful images but not really the best.. Have u asked y amoled is not used if computers or have u noticed the difference btw LCD and led tv?
The led tv in ur hux is still Lcd.. If u don't knw knw nw.. Or u can go online and browse it.. Oleds are expensive .. Das y u hardly see dem on big screens.. Do u knw how much for lg oled tv.. Close to 1m.. Oled techs is very expensive to produce das y they rarely use dem on big screens.. All these facts are online u can read dem up.. Cheers
Every oem nw wants to switch to oled.. Even d latest lumia fones now came wit amoled screens.. But previous models used ips wit nokia clear black tech..
Lest I forget.. Oled is different from led..
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2015
safo99:

The led tv in ur hux is still Lcd.. If u don't knw knw nw.. Or u can go online and browse it.. Oleds are expensive .. Das y u hardly see dem on big screens.. Do u knw how much for lg oled tv.. Close to 1m.. Oled techs is very expensive to produce das y they rarely use dem on big screens.. All these facts are online u can read dem up.. Cheers
Every oem nw wants to switch to oled.. Even d latest lumia fones now came wit amoled screens.. But previous models used ips wit nokia clear black tech..
Lest I forget.. Oled is different from led..

Martin loves arguing and he hates Samsung and Android. Even if you present the facts, he would still argue. Nothing beat AMOLED. Like you rightly said OLEDs are expensive, Apple will jump ship into OLED when its quite cheaper(stingy company) but they couldn't let go of it hence the usage on the Apple watch.
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Caracta(f): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

You've suddenly become the phone factory shocked

grin
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by pearlforlife(f): 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2015
Honestly Sony Xperia is my new found love.I'll buy it over and over. Non users dont know what they are missing

1 Like

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by TechRez(m): 2:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
PhonePlanet:

I was only telling you playstation is not sony's only profitable business

wink
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by PhonePlanet(m): 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
martineverest:
rumor.. Have u heard of the rumor of appe-foxconn-sharp collaboration
The point here is I've AMOLED is not better, this rumor won't have existed it the first place

And read the comments
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Dayg88(m): 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
TechRez:

Sony sells 7 million smartphones in 3-months. Apple sells more that in 3-days when a new iPhone is released. That you own an Xperia phone doesn't mean everything is alright with Sony. It would interest you to know that Sony didn't make a single profit from its Xperia business in the 3rd quarter of 2015.

If Sony does't care about us, it should care when investors call for its head.

Lol
I think you're right
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Dayg88(m): 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
SmooshCHN:
I know what i'm saying, there's nothing like "wrong" type of Xperia and I've stated how good the phone is performance wise my only problem is the digitizer the touch glass. Someone else on this thread also has experienced the same twice. And I bought my sony Xperia z2 new in Hong Kong a month after release. The issue is with durability. Once that glass cracks, the beast becomes useless till you repair it.

Ok, you might be right, mine is the ''c'' class, I don't know bout the z series, lemme stick to my ''c'' series
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Dayg88(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
greenhulk:

Hello, we are talking about Sony xperia z, and not Sony xperia c. Xperia z is flagship while xperia c is mid range phone. Though both have the same design, they are completely different. It's like comparing a Samsung Galaxy s with a Samsung Galaxy grand.

The xperia z series are waterproof and I think it's more of a disadvantage as the screen is glued together with the phones body. So when u drop it and have a little crack ,screen becomes non responsive, and the worse thing is u can't even change the screen alone, u have to change the complete body of the phone which is expensive. I've chnaged mine 2 times, it also happened with a friend of mine, and someone here also said he changed his 4 times. That's no coincidence.

Lol
Lemme stick to defending the ''C'' series. But wait, I tot we are talking bout Xperia in general. Mine has never given me an issue before tho.....
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by idris4r83(m): 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
I love my Sony Xperia z3. What else do you want in a phone? Is it camera? Is it graphics? Is it the battery duration? The thing is if you are not a Sony Xperia user you cannot know the value and sweetness of Sony Xperia. Note: don't even compare it with iPhone cos am using both phones. Sony Xperia z3 beats my iPhone 5 flawlessly in terms of everything.

1 Like

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Orion21: 3:03am On Dec 15, 2015
ohk wen it comes to fones cool cool .. i have used d iphone 5 after wc i switched to d xperia Z2 .. as a first hand user of both high end fones i state my claims thus.
the battery life for the Xperia Z2 is longer than d iphone 5
i have slight heating problem wiv d Xperia z2 , D iphone didnt gimme dat hassle
my cousins would throw my z2 on the floor n i pick it up wivout bothering (dat gorilla glass tho )i heart melted each my iphone slipped embarassed cry (stil got many cracks)
d z2 has a 12mp back camera beats d iphones bt somhow the iphone pics looks much beta (display ish)
am relatively safe in lagos wiv my z2 dan my iphone shocked (cos d price tag is nt imprinted on errbody's mind as a "big" fone)
the z2 obviously has a bigger screen beta dan d iphone 5 and the android apps jst make u all 'love dis shii'
abeg lemme cut it short ....in functionality, dependability and durability.... i buy my Xperia Z2 five more time before i would consider d iphone
plus i go swimming wiv my Z2.. grin cool

1 Like

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by SkinnyDude(m): 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
Noble11:

My Bro I will love to but am not in Nigeria
But we will think of a way..coz the money I will use to send it can get a good tecno..maybe Jan we will look for another way to but not Xmas..if am China by Jan it will be easy to send coz alot of people comes for business..dm me by Jan so we think of something maybe get a smaller phone(that's if you don't have a good phone)
Thanks
Bro Happy New Year
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Ana5000(f): 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
ibkgab001:
Sony is a joke when it comes to the phone matters
Don't ever say that. Sony has one of the best specs
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ana5000:

Don't ever say that. Sony has one of the best specs

Specs alone don't make a good phone.
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by kaydee(m): 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
The top half of my Sony Xperia Z3 dual screen is not responding to touch. Anyone know how I can fix it?
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Frontier2: 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
Poor marketing strategy. Even if you produce the best phones in the world without sound and target - driven marketing plan you gonna fail. They should ask the likes of tecno and infinix why they are selling like recharge cards.
Another thing is the pricing of their devices. The android mobile market is saturated so a good pricing system and adequate publicity will save them the loss they are experiencing now
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
kaydee:
The top half of my Sony Xperia Z3 dual screen is not responding to touch. Anyone know how I can fix it?

There's no remedy, u have to change the whole screen, digitizer with the whole back cover. That is the problem with these xperia z phones. The digitizer is so wack, any small crack the whole screen or some parts of the screen stop working and u have to change the complete phone casing. Stupid phone if u ask me. Read through the thread u will see different people with the same problem.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Good News: MTN 4G Data Plans Now Available / Innjoo Note Pro Discussion Thread / Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.