Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? (37351 Views)

Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones / How Come Nobody Is Talking About Oukitel K6000 Plus? / How Come Nobody Is Talking About Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
Frontier2:
Poor marketing strategy. Even if you produce the best phones in the world without sound and target - driven marketing plan you gonna fail. They should ask the likes of tecno and infinix why they are selling like recharge cards.
Another thing is the pricing of their devices. The android mobile market is saturated so a good pricing system and adequate publicity will save them the loss they are experiencing now

So in ur mind u think infinix and tecno sell more phones than Sony? Let infinix and tecno show their financial records for the year, at least we see Sony own, we know they are not making many profits but u can't compare Sony with infinix or tecno. They only know tecno and infinix in 3rd world countries, Sony is known worldwide.

1 Like

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by dennistar(m): 5:11am On Jan 04, 2016
Pls tecno users don't act as if your in our league........hey guys i can't browse with my xperia zr
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Xhaka(m): 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
greenhulk:

So in ur mind u think infinix and tecno sell more phones than Sony? Let infinix and tecno show their financial records for the year, at least we see Sony own, we know they are not making many profits but u can't compare Sony with infinix or tecno. They only know tecno and infinix in 3rd world countries, Sony is known worldwide.
I think Tecno and Infinix sell more phones than sony
Sony sell more of other gadgets like Laptop, dvd's and so on...
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Orion21: 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
greenhulk:

There's no remedy, u have to change the whole screen, digitizer with the whole back cover. That is the problem with these xperia z phones. The digitizer is so wack, any small crack the whole screen or some parts of the screen stop working and u have to change the complete phone casing. Stupid phone if u ask me. Read through the thread u will see different people with the same problem.

in my case, i use Z2 and i av got a couple of stripes cry+ the top part of the screen nt wrkin (a fattt ass sat on it undecided) it stll works fine, the sensitivity isnt hampered in any way.
i jst use auto-rotate to access the other part of screen .. til my money complete for d Z5 cheesy
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
Orion21:

in my case, i use Z2 and i av got a couple of stripes cry+ the top part of the screen nt wrkin (a fattt ass sat on it undecided) it stll works fine, the sensitivity isnt hampered in any way.
i jst use auto-rotate to access the other part of screen .. til my money complete for d Z5 cheesy

U still want to buy an experia z... Good luck.
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by idris4r83(m): 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
kaydee:
The top half of my Sony Xperia Z3 dual screen is not responding to touch. Anyone know how I can fix it?
change the screen. It's quite expensive but that the only thing to do to fix your phone for now
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by DAVE5(m): 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
moneybag100:
Who cares about a phone that would just switch off itself and never on again.
A phone always fighting with virus.

my point exactly, they just got that part (dead phone) totally wrong, wen I was using my xperia z, I turned into an engineer cos I had 2 be operating on the dam crap day in day out, meanwhile d 3 iPhones I hav used so far never gave me a tiny bit problem at all

I used a Sony Ericsson xperia back in the days as well, it was a cooking pot on its own, could boil yam wen it starts gettin hot

now since I got me a Samsung note, I hav neva worked on the phone for any reason.
my first love : iPhones,
2nd love: samsung notes,
I now hate sony, dislike htc 4 no reason
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by moneybag100: 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
DAVE5:

my point exactly, they just got that part (dead phone) totally wrong, wen I was using my xperia z, I turned into an engineer cos I had 2 be operating on the dam crap day in day out, meanwhile d 3 iPhones I hav used so far never gave me a tiny bit problem at all

I used a Sony Ericsson xperia back in the days as well, it was a cooking pot on its own, could boil yam wen it starts gettin hot

now since I got me a Samsung note, I hav neva worked on the phone for any reason.
my first love : iPhones,
2nd love: samsung notes,
I now hate sony, dislike htc 4 no reason

Yea bro iPhone is the best even Samsung gives problem. I know how My s4 just stopped working from a tiny formatting problem.
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Orion21: 8:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
greenhulk:

U still want to buy an experia z... Good luck.

kindly credit cool my acct and watch me place the order cheesy
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Orion21:

kindly credit cool my acct and watch me place the order cheesy

Egbon orion21, if u want the money, come and collect it.
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Baroba(m): 2:56am On Jan 11, 2016
Xhaka:

I think Tecno and Infinix sell more phones than sony
Sony sell more of other gadgets like Laptop, dvd's and so on...

Please never ever say this in public abeg, cause you will be exposing yourself to ridicule, Tecno and Infinix ( mobile phones limited to third world countries) against xperia devices ?? You are surely having a laugh my friend..

3 Likes

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Xhaka(m): 9:17am On Jan 11, 2016
Baroba:

Please never ever say this in public abeg, cause you will be exposing yourself to ridicule, Tecno and Infinix ( mobile phones limited to third world countries) against xperia devices ?? You are surely having a laugh my friend..
Which of these products do you normally see everyday?
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Noble11(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
SkinnyDude:
Bro Happy New Year
Please check your mail..
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by teelaweee(m): 6:28am On Feb 23, 2016
ibkgab001:
Sony is a joke when it comes to the phone matters
it doesnt have enough phone storage and it not as cheap as tecno and the others

1 Like

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by annacheem: 5:19am On Feb 26, 2016
ibkgab001:
Sony is a joke when it comes to the phone matters
i had a xperia once but i can compare it yo camon C8 xperia E3 it has a poor storage 1.7gb
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by GideonG(m): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
Any used xperia for sale?
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by ladykilllar: 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
sauceEEP:
Sony Xperia z2 the best smartphone ever, speaking from experience.

Hello?pls how good is this phone? Specs and camera
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by ladykilllar: 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Spec wise and function wise I totally support Sony. Their support for upgrades are very good too. I use a Sony Xperia Z2 and never have to complain about its function. I give praise for its Video Recording, Stereo Speakers, and Display. The downside is this phone has been dropped 4 times below 4 feet and each time i had to replace the Touch digitizer glass not screen. Its not solid or sturdy, and the screen type that doesn't work once it's cracked is another big issue. It in my wardrobe now cos i'm tired of a broken or cracked digitizer. Performance wise it beats all other android phones out there. Where Sony fails is marketing and endurance of its products asides that, its flawless.

I am about to get this phone from someone, the specs are amazing but the front camera which is 2.2mp is disappointing although i have not tried it but how sharp is the camera for selfies? I know the back camera is crazy i am particular about the front camera, pls reply
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by ladykilllar: 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
bigglat:
I use Sony Xperia Z1.....infact, none of either IPhone or Samsung comes close to it. Its very fantastic in terms of camera and it's specifications. I LUV SONY XPERIA!

Hello, pls how sharp is the camera of this phone? Especially the front camera is it very sharp for selfies? Thanks how about the battery? I have seen the specs online but i need reviews from someone who has used it
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Bobbybube(m): 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
Koolking:
People who use Xperia and HTC Smartphones are cool fans - they don't make noise (not like Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U Fans who make noise as brand identity)

Xperia and HTC are the coolest smartphone brands on Android platform ever manufactured. Other brands are copycats

if you had to choose between htc and sony; lets say m8 vs z2 which would be your choice and why?
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Koolking(m): 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bobbybube:

if you had to choose between htc and sony; lets say m8 vs z2 which would be your choice and why?

It will sure be Sony Xperia Z2.

Here is why (RAM 3GB, Battery 3200mAh, Camera 20MP)

HTC M8 (RAM 2GB, Battery 2600mAh, Camera 4MP)
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Bobbybube(m): 7:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
Koolking:

It will sure be Sony Xperia Z2.

Here is why (RAM 3GB, Battery 3200mAh, Camera 20MP)

HTC M8 (RAM 2GB, Battery 2600mAh, Camera 4MP)
yeah..I get all that.
But theres also the case of durability and fragility (I'm a rough phone user). it also seems maintenance is too costly(screen cracks).
I also heard it overheats.

Do you think It still beats the m8??
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by ladykilllar: 8:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
Any sony Xperia z2 user here? I have been seeing good reviews but i am only skeptical about the 2.2mp front camera pls how sharp is it for selfies thanks

Also can i get a new one in Lagos if no pls where can i get a clean uk used one

Thanks
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by SmooshCHN: 9:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
ladykilllar:

I am about to get this phone from someone, the specs are amazing but the front camera which is 2.2mp is disappointing although i have not tried it but how sharp is the camera for selfies? I know the back camera is crazy i am particular about the front camera, pls reply
what phone is it? I can look into. It for you
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by ladykilllar: 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
SmooshCHN:
what phone is it? I can look into. It for you

The phone you mentioned Xperia z2
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by SmooshCHN: 3:41am On Nov 03, 2016
ladykilllar:

The phone you mentioned Xperia z2
nah, there are better phones out there these days. And btw the back camera can't stand these days performance. Look towards the Sony Z3, Sony Z4, LG G4, Huawei P9 or iPhone 5s if money is a major concern. I'll go with the Z3 or LG G4 if considering cost but the Z4 will be worth the extra penny. I'm not really into phone these days. I'm Sorry
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Koolking(m): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2016
Bobbybube:

yeah..I get all that.
But theres also the case of durability and fragility (I'm a rough phone user). it also seems maintenance is too costly(screen cracks).
I also heard it overheats.

Do you think It still beats the m8??

Expensive phones should not be rough handled. I now understand your fear. Needless buying an expensive phone if you wouldnt handle it with care. I have never owned the Z2, but I have a feel of the phone for a week through a friend. It's a machine.

However, you may wish to upgrade to Z5 (released in Sept 2015). Xperia and HTC Androids are Machines

1 Like

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by PAQ(m): 12:01am On Nov 04, 2016
Koolking:

Expensive phones should not be rough handled. I now understand your fear. Needless buying an expensive phone if you wouldnt handle it with care. I have never owned the Z2, but I have a feel of the phone for a week through a friend. It's a machine.

However, you may wish to upgrade to Z5 (released in Sept 2015). Xperia and HTC Androids are Machines

I have used a htc one S and htc One M8, i have also used an Xperia ZL and currently Xperia z5c. The htc one m8 is clearly the best android phone i ever used next to LG G2. They are olf but can still do their job efficiently. The Htc one m8 is a beauty. I am just biased towards Sony coz i have a sony TV, a ps4 n a sony watch. Sony messed things up by putting the flawed SD810 processor that heats up. But camera wise, its sony. Sound, is a tie between both. Ruggedity is htc all metal frame against sony all glass.
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Koolking(m): 10:01am On Nov 04, 2016
PAQ:

I have used a htc one S and htc One M8, i have also used an Xperia ZL and currently Xperia z5c. The htc one m8 is clearly the best android phone i ever used next to LG G2. They are olf but can still do their job efficiently. The Htc one m8 is a beauty. I am just biased towards Sony coz i have a sony TV, a ps4 n a sony watch. Sony messed things up by putting the flawed SD810 processor that heats up. But camera wise, its sony. Sound, is a tie between both. Ruggedity is htc all metal frame against sony all glass.

I agree with you on the bold statements.

Of course, I would choose (Sony Z2) a 3GB RAM Phone over 2GB RAM (HTC One M8). Both phones have the same processor - Snapdragon 801. I dont understand the flawed processor you mentioned in Sony. Aside, Sony's battery capacity and Camera pixel are higher compared to HTC M8

Beauty is subjective, it means different things to different people.

Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by PAQ(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
Koolking:

I agree with you on the bold statements.

Of course, I would choose (Sony Z2) a 3GB RAM Phone over 2GB RAM (HTC One M8). Both phones have the same processor - Snapdragon 801. I dont understand the flawed processor you mentioned in Sony. Aside, Sony's battery capacity and Camera pixel are higher compared to HTC M8

Beauty is subjective, it means different things to different people.

The top tier phones made last year (xperia z5 series, z3, htc one m9, lg g flex2,) with the 810 snapdragon processor suffered from severe overheating to the point were the camera sometimes stopped working. Thats a major reason why the above mentioned phones had poor sales. Updates did little in fixing the problem since it was hardware related, but if u root ur phone ur only option was to underclock the CPU and thermal throttling. For me its not an issue, dats why i am an android fan. But many users are casual and cant cope with such issues... They cant unlock their bootloaders not to talk of rooting.

Samsung decided to develope their own processors ; Exynos after the incident. Am sure after note 7 exploding wahala dey may decide making their own batteries too.
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by Koolking(m): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
PAQ:

The top tier phones made last year (xperia z5 series, z3, htc one m9, lg g flex2,) [b]with the 810 snapdragon processor suffered from severe overheating to the point were the camera sometimes stopped working. Thats a major reason why the above mentioned phones had poor sales. [/b]Updates did little in fixing the problem since it was hardware related, but if u root ur phone ur only option was to underclock the CPU and thermal throttling. For me its not an issue, dats why i am an android fan. But many users are casual and cant cope with such issues... They cant unlock their bootloaders not to talk of rooting.

Samsung decided to develope their own processors ; Exynos after the incident. Am sure after note 7 exploding wahala dey may decide making their own batteries too.

Like you mentioned, Snapdragon 801 had issue - hence the upgrade in 2015. The Z5, M9 are better options compared to the Z2, M8 of 2014. I love Android platforms.

By the way, you sounds like a mobile phone nerd. I will need a few tech guides from you Sir. Let Pal
Re: How Come Nobody Cares About Xperia Smartphones? by ladykilllar: 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
SmooshCHN:
nah, there are better phones out there these days. And btw the back camera can't stand these days performance. Look towards the Sony Z3, Sony Z4, LG G4, Huawei P9 or iPhone 5s if money is a major concern. I'll go with the Z3 or LG G4 if considering cost but the Z4 will be worth the extra penny. I'm not really into phone these days. I'm Sorry

Thanks man, i appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Innjoo Note Pro Discussion Thread / Can I Register 6 SIM Cards With NIN? (Photos) / Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.