Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria (53209 Views)

First Bank Main Market Onitsha On Fire (Live Pictures) / Shoprite Onitsha On Sundays Turn Into Second Main Market / Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by harmony75: 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
I trust � good place for business
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by EM123: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jackson105:
And what should we do about this?
Nonsense thread.
haters
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by betshopagent(m): 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
REDshouse:
Wat will u now say of Alaba International market if this one is d biggest in nigeria....stop over hyping
alaba is d most populated not biggest.even lagos intl tradefair n balogun markets are bigger than alaba.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by EM123: 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
ucheuzor1:
Is it not the market at upper iweka that we are talking about here?

I don't know the part that is this beautiful oo.. I have not seen the normal part I know very well. cry
the market is along river niger , not far from head bridge
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by naijadrivablog: 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
shocked

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by triple996(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
Nigercity:

which Kano??
dont Even go there
is it the Kano I know or another one,
you will even need times2 the size of sabo in kano b4 you get half of Ariaria international market in ABA, not to talk of onistha

as for Lagos
kindly name the market in Lagos that is bigger than onistha,
is it balogun, alaba, trade just name it
(abi no be Lagos wey dey)
travel una no go gree
nah to dey make noise upandan

just becose the o.p posted outskirts of the market
(just to have a pleasant outlook) you are now here assuming rubbish

you did not answer my question
it's attack and insult as usual.
you said onisha is the largest market in ''west Africa''. hey!!! you made a new claim that double the size of sabo will not make up halve of onisha, my question now is that how did you arrive at that. did you know the correct official size of sabo? or did you know that of onisha, you just eat yam and started dishing out stats from your belly.
you claimed no market in lagos can be compared with onisha and even mentioned a few like alaba and balogun markets. my problem with you now is that you didn't tell us the official commercial capacity of those markets to back your claim. neither did you give us the correct volume of goods of each markets annually. you simply went to your closet and pick any rubbish you like than came online to dump it for me.
WHAT ARE YOUR STATS AND SOURCES TO BACK YOUR CLAIM.
Until you defend this rubbish you are saying with credible official record. they remain noncense claims.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Wantedmiller: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2021
ucheuzor1:

I don't know the part that is this beautiful oo.. I have not seen the normal part I know very well. cry

Is not that one!
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Wantedmiller: 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
triple996:

you said onisha is the largest market in ''west Africa''. hey!!! you made a new claim that double the size of sabo will not make up halve of onisha, my question now is that how did you arrive at that. did you know the correct official size of sabo? or did you know that of onisha, you just eat yam and started dishing out stats from your belly.
you claimed no market in lagos can be compared with onisha and even mentioned a few like alaba and balogun markets. my problem with you now is that you didn't tell us the official commercial capacity of those markets to back your claim. neither did you give us the correct volume of goods of each markets annually. you simply went to your closet and pick any rubbish you like than came online to dump it for me.
Until you defend this rubbish you are saying with credible official record. they remain noncense claims.

To make it easier .....try Google senior man
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Themainboy22: 4:32pm On Feb 28, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Had a shop at Kano Street, near the Mosque.
Kano street, Home of cosmetics. I did my first business at Kano street too near Bida rd.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Harunabisanti(m): 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
Noted
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Nigercity: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2021
triple996:

to start with self?
I don't think that there's any market in Lagos
I don't know or haven't been too,
and the truth is onistha main market dwarfs all, both in landmass, volume of goods
and for mine claims about Kano and Ariaria
try and do a small research
Ariaria international market in ABA spans across 3 LGA (there is the Aba North section, ABA south too, while the initial market lies in osisioma l.G.A, with each part been controlled by there different l.g.A authority ) now tell me the market in kano that cuts 3 l.GA
and for volume of goods
do I need to remind that NIMA and other federal agencies once released a stat showing that 70% of goods cleared in Nigeria ports normal heads to onistha/ABA (Google search this bro)

no market in Lagos/kano comes close to main market
(you serious needs to see the numbers of off loading going on there per Seconds)
and mind you most of those things (like shoes, wears, e.t.c) sold up north
where do you think the come from?

just leave your enclave and do a personal tour
and stop making noise
they way you people brag eh
that was how someone Said ladipo is a big market � lolz... I nearly laugh out my ass

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by ejanla077: 4:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
REDshouse:
Wat will u now say of Alaba International market if this one is d biggest in nigeria....stop over hyping

Which Alaba?
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by ejanla077: 4:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jackson105:
And what should we do about this?
Nonsense thread.
As e dey pain u now u no like am?
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by ejanla077: 4:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
ucheuzor1:

So main market has been shifted to upper iweka... Be disgracing urself online

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by ejanla077: 4:53pm On Feb 28, 2021
Mohammedoba36:
I don't agree with this selfish and self centred news, because I know onisha market for the past 20years and I know kantin Kwari market in kano for the past 25years but I can categorically tell you that onisha market is not up to half of kantin Kwari market in kano, I am in to pharmaceutical business for 30years, I know all the markets, nobody should come and peddle lies on social media please.

As someone that deal in pharmaceutical, what took u to main market onitsha?. Dude head Bridge whr they sell drugs at onitsha is not main market... Onitsha is a town of many markets

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by luluosas(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
Especially with the Cargo Airport being built by Obiano. Onitsha, Igbo Amaka

EzePromoe:
Onitsha is a rising giant. A forward thinking governor with a taste for aesthetics is all that is needed to put this market in order, like having about ten high rise buildings within the market built on site where old buildings would be demolished. Onitsha has the potential to be another window to the world.
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
tosine102:
grin
Small balogun Ugly pass this one

Noted
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
blamingthedevil:
What is this for ?

Stupid questions, you don finish diverting your onions and yam to Ghana?
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by criuze(m): 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=EzePromoe post=91288176]Onitsha is a rising giant. A forward thinking governor with a taste for aesthetics is all that is needed to put this market in order, like having about ten high rise buildings within the market built on site where old buildings would be demolished. Onitsha has the potential to be another window to the world.
Lalasticlala[/quot

Am surprised am not noticing the aesthetic lacuna in senses of our governors

even though obianor showed a slight difference but , Anambra governors need to develop good sense of beauty to project our state
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by joefengzy(m): 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Mokason288:
This market generates billions daily

And it could feed the whole of the North
Not just north alone
North
West
South
Add together.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Newton85: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
Isn't this the same market where there are billionaires richer than Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by jimyjames(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
Akabuking:
Says Who?? be guided bro. Go to Kano and see for yourself, it has taken almost 80% of onitsha customers from the north due to illegal extortion by agberos.
A market in Kano took 80% of Onitsha costumers? Which market is that? Who are the traders in those markets? Who are the major importers that bring goods to those markets, ?

Where and how does agbero extort money from people in such away that 80% of its costumers moved to Kano, and the Onitsha market authorities and security officer don't know about it?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by jimyjames(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
Mohammedoba36:
I don't agree with this selfish and self centred news, because I know onisha market for the past 20years and I know kantin Kwari market in kano for the past 25years but I can categorically tell you that onisha market is not up to half of kantin Kwari market in kano, I am in to pharmaceutical business for 30years, I know all the markets, nobody should come and peddle lies on social media please.

I have never heard of a market called kantin kwari market, how can a market not known in Nigeria be twice bigger than the famous Onitsha market? Who are the trader's in kantin kwari market? How many importers are there? How many containers of goods do they import weekly?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by jimyjames(m): 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
Sonn:
wonderful and glorious market, but not without the contribution of every other Nigerians, NORTH, SOUTH AND WEST, thanks to their patronage...
Plus people from other countries too

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by PoloG: 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2021
SuperBold:
Tbh I'm not impressed. With the noise these people make daily I expected a Chinese standard market with nice layout but I swear to God, this is just a regular market in Nigeria. Nothing bad nothing extraordinary.
you should know the chestbeaters by now grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by loko50(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2021
Just like computer village
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by shilz(f): 6:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
LuckyKeys1:
For many years, I have often heard about how cheap clothes were in onitsha. So last year December I decided to check out myself. I realized that clothes were expensive in that onitsha main market. I only managed to get two pairs of jeans.
clothes are very cheap, depends on what quality and what section of the market u go to.people buy and resell there too.u just have to know the right place and right people and you are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by DSC7: 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
What are the rent range per shop?......
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
LuckyKeys1:
For many years, I have often heard about how cheap clothes were in onitsha. So last year December I decided to check out myself. I realized that clothes were expensive in that onitsha main market. I only managed to get two pairs of jeans.

Welcome to Onitsha boss
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by obuneme: 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
triple996:

Doubting Thomas I have helped you to Google it..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
MuchAdo:
Too good to be real... cool

Looks like some parts of Lagos Island.

So what are Igbos doing in Lagos then Can't they turn Onitsha to their own Lagos
Igbos are in Lagos because of its proximity to the seaport.

If the FG can dredge River Niger so that consignments can come directly to Onitsha, make Akanu Ibiam a cargo airport, believe me, lots of Igbos will leave Lagos in droves and you know what it will do to Lagos state's IGR? But, I don't that Happening

I once entered a tricycle with someone that came all the way from Cameroun to Onitsha main market to buy goods, I was shocked that day honestly.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Profitable Businesses For Small Capital Owners. / Meet Kamoru Yusuf And Wife, Bolanle: Kam Industries Owners, Steel Mill / How To Write A Business Proposal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.