Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria (53149 Views)

First Bank Main Market Onitsha On Fire (Live Pictures) / Shoprite Onitsha On Sundays Turn Into Second Main Market / Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by favour32(m): 7:52pm On Feb 28, 2021
Reeses:

Fulanis ajoka!
Fulani herdsmen ajoka!
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by favour32(m): 7:54pm On Feb 28, 2021
Emeka Offor plaza.....if you know you know grin
Osarobo..... Germany

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Samfloxin(m): 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
triple996:
how is onisha even the largest market in Nigeria talkless of west Africa. you claimed that northerners are overhyping their pupolation but here you are doing the same thing for commercial output
The fact remains that you have not been to Onitsha main market

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
REDshouse:
Wat will u now say of Alaba International market if this one is d biggest in nigeria....stop over hyping

Eiyaa! Why not try and upgrade. At least you could have consulted Google before coming to show your shallow knowledge naa

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Charx122: 8:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
EzePromoe:
Onitsha is a rising giant. A forward thinking governor with a taste for aesthetics is all that is needed to put this market in order, like having about ten high rise buildings within the market built on site where old buildings would be demolished. Onitsha has the potential to be another window to the world.
Lalasticlala

Too much crime there...
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by melodyogonna(m): 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
Tedpgrass:
Is there a law against having more than 4-5 floors??

Where will you get electricity to power the lifts if you build more than 5 stories?

Seems Nigerians don't really understand how lack of electricity is limiting development and industrialization

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by harmargedon: 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
REDshouse:
what makes it biggest in west africa .. what is the land mass of the market ...what is the overall volume of sales of product been sold per annum ...

Who ranked the markets and what are ur source
don't be biased in your knowledge. Always make your research before responding to facts.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by tunary(m): 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
Mokason288:
This market generates billions daily

And it could feed the whole of the North

This is the biggest market in the whole of west Africa

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
Too much sense bro, I love the IBO people so very much, they don't play with their business. Nwanne

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Tedpgrass: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
melodyogonna:

Where will you get electricity to power the lifts if you build more than 5 stories?

Seems Nigerians don't really understand how lack of electricity is limiting development and industrialization

Answer is dedicated gen sets as you find in tall buildings in Lagos or
intercalated lifts move at different levels to another lift wells or tower if its cheaper to run 4 floors at a time..

Use wind and or solar energy as well..

Quite doable if we think outside the box.

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by melodyogonna(m): 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
Tedpgrass:

Answer is dedicated gen sets as you find in tall buildings in Lagos or
intercalated lifts move at different levels to another lift tower if its cheaper to run 4 floors at a time..

Use wind and or solar energy as well..

Quite doable if we think outside the box.

Yes but obviously far more expensive to run than government providing 24/7 electricity like every useful government in the world.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by blastac: 8:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
Senior calm down... Onitsha is the largest in Nigeria and also among the top 10 in West Africa.

REDshouse:
Wat will u now say of Alaba International market if this one is d biggest in nigeria....stop over hyping
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Tedpgrass: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
melodyogonna:

Yes but obviously far more expensive to run than government providing 24/7 electricity like every useful government in the world.

Accept your points

But if there's money to be made... Simply think outside the box.

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Emann1000(m): 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
If you no show Zenith bank..
You never start for main market

This Is one of the symbols of afia otu grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by vincentjk(m): 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
Mohammedoba36:
I don't agree with this selfish and self centred news, because I know onisha market for the past 20years and I know kantin Kwari market in kano for the past 25years but I can categorically tell you that onisha market is not up to half of kantin Kwari market in kano, I am in to pharmaceutical business for 30years, I know all the markets, nobody should come and peddle lies on social media please.

Hater goan sidown jawe
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Noble1000(m): 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
Mokason288:
This market generates billions daily

And it could feed the whole of the North

This is the biggest market in the whole of west Africa

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

they dont know about that..
but
Abeg no dey loud am before those people that have been brainwashed for 47 virgins start targeting that area for bombing

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by tchidi066(f): 10:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
I've been to that market and i must confess, it's quotes large, i thought i could span the whole market in few minutes but i was wrong, i got worn out. The shops buildings and banks stretches on and on, the beauty of the market is there is a part of it overlooking the river niger, it was a beautiful sight...
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by tchidi066(f): 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
I've been to that market and i must confess, it's quite large, i thought i could span the whole market in few minutes but i was wrong, i got worn out. The shops buildings and banks stretches on and on, the beauty of the market is there is a part of it overlooking the river niger, it was a beautiful sight...
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by dheaven: 10:33pm On Feb 28, 2021
Almost half of ONITSHA town is market, that is why they said it's the biggest market in Africa, not just the main market section. Almost anything you need to buy is in ONITSHA.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by bigcasava1(m): 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2021
rottennaija:
Is the market this fine? Or its just a section of it that is this fine
you can enter vehicle going to onitsha to check by urself
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by majamajic(m): 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
REDshouse:

Alabama is too small to compare onitsha main market , trade Fair is even bigger than alaba , ariara is bigger than alaba
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by HisSmileHeal(m): 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
*INDEPENDENT NOW HOMES AND PROPERTIES NIG LTD*
You can Buy your LAND Now at affordable and Promo Prices within ABEOKUTA Axis! ** Sunnibare after Buhari Estate ** Independet View City ROUNDER ** OSIELE adj FCE ** MAWUKO Phase1 ** MAWUKO Phase2 ** Olorunsogo after Ojere ** Pleasant Garden OKE ATA Our Lands are Located within the best developing locations in ABEOKUTA.... CHAT/CALL 08166077628; 07053846996 For more information... Thank You
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by allcomage: 12:25am On Mar 01, 2021
The banks in onitsha alone are more than the banks in the whole kano state and generates money much more than all the banks in kano of 20m people while onitsha is about 1.5m .

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by onyeomanono24(f): 4:13am On Mar 01, 2021
PureGoldh:
Anambra steeti bu nnukwu obodo
Nwanne ima ife ana aru.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by africaflozy(f): 5:49am On Mar 01, 2021
I missed visiting this market and textile market at onitsha...

I remember the day my friend and I got lost in main market, we Waka that day ehn I was almost crying sad
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by AmuRubber(m): 6:56am On Mar 01, 2021
Nigercity:

to start with self?
I don't think that there's any market in Lagos
I don't know or haven't been too,
and the truth is onistha main market dwarfs all, both in landmass, volume of goods
and for mine claims about Kano and Ariaria
try and do a small research
Ariaria international market in ABA spans across 3 LGA (there is the Aba North section, ABA south too, while the initial market lies in osisioma l.G.A, with each part been controlled by there different l.g.A authority ) now tell me the market in kano that cuts 3 l.GA
and for volume of goods
do I need to remind that NIMA and other federal agencies once released a stat showing that 70% of goods cleared in Nigeria ports normal heads to onistha/ABA (Google search this bro)

no market in Lagos/kano comes close to main market
(you serious needs to see the numbers of off loading going on there per Seconds)
and mind you most of those things (like shoes, wears, e.t.c) sold up north
where do you think the come from?

just leave your enclave and do a personal tour
and stop making noise
they way you people brag eh
that was how someone Said ladipo is a big market � lolz... I nearly laugh out my ass

1,000,000 Likes!
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by Chigold101(m): 7:26am On Mar 01, 2021
EzePromoe:
Onitsha is a rising giant. A forward thinking governor with a taste for aesthetics is all that is needed to put this market in order, like having about ten high rise buildings within the market built on site where old buildings would be demolished. Onitsha has the potential to be another window to the world.
Lalasticlala
Biko, the ten high rise buildings will be for what?
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by triple996(m): 9:05am On Mar 01, 2021
obuneme:

Doubting Thomas I have helped you to Google it..
hehehehehe!
so Wikipedia is your source
9ice try but you do know that wiki is not credible source and anybody can edit Wikipedia. common bro give me something more solid to back your claim
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by triple996(m): 9:11am On Mar 01, 2021
Nigercity:

to start with self?
I don't think that there's any market in Lagos
I don't know or haven't been too,
and the truth is onistha main market dwarfs all, both in landmass, volume of goods
and for mine claims about Kano and Ariaria
try and do a small research
Ariaria international market in ABA spans across 3 LGA (there is the Aba North section, ABA south too, while the initial market lies in osisioma l.G.A, with each part been controlled by there different l.g.A authority ) now tell me the market in kano that cuts 3 l.GA
and for volume of goods
do I need to remind that NIMA and other federal agencies once released a stat showing that 70% of goods cleared in Nigeria ports normal heads to onistha/ABA (Google search this bro)

no market in Lagos/kano comes close to main market
(you serious needs to see the numbers of off loading going on there per Seconds)
and mind you most of those things (like shoes, wears, e.t.c) sold up north
where do you think the come from?

just leave your enclave and do a personal tour
and stop making noise
they way you people brag eh
that was how someone Said ladipo is a big market � lolz... I nearly laugh out my ass

ok sir
let me break it down slowly
if am not mistaken you said ariara market cut across three LGAs. but you should have known this by now that abia as a whole is not more than 2 local government areas in some part of north. if you had given the official size of ariara it would make everything easy.

sir.... you claimed onisha main market dwarfs all markets in lagos both in size and volume of goods, but somehow filled to backup your claims with credible source. Google is a search engine, it display reports from any Tom,dick and Harry. I am yet to see a reliable source.
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by raymexx: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2021
ucheuzor1:
Is it not the market at upper iweka that we are talking about here?

I don't know the part that is this beautiful oo.. I have not seen the normal part I know very well. cry
Na your papa move main market to upper iweka?
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria by uchechefaith(f): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
The first set of pix is emeka ofor's plaza in main market

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara / How To Make At Least $350 Monthly With Youtube / Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.