Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Nigerian Youths And Not Thinking Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths And Not Thinking Today (522 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Replies Arewa Youths And Threatened To Dry All The Oil In Nigeria / Doyin Okupe: Dr Ngozi Iweala Is Not Thinking Right / Why Is The New Minister Of Youths And Sports On Uniform During The Inauguration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youths And Not Thinking Today by tonychristopher: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
"Awolowo was 37 years, Akintola 36, Ahmadu Bello 36, Balewa 34, Okotie-Eboh 27 and Enahoro 27 and they led the struggle for Nigeria Independence after the death of Macaulay. Only Zik was 42 at the time!

In 1966, the first military coup was led by K Nzeogwu who was 29 years and countered by M. Mohammed 28, T. Danjuma 28, I. Babangida 25, J. Garba 23, Sani Abacha 23, and M. Yar'adua 23, and brought into power Y. Gowon 32, Ojukwu 33, Obasanjo 29, and Buhari 24!

Most of the military governors who governed the states under the successive military regimes were under 30 years.

Also, the brief democratic dispensation which interjected the military interregnums also saw some Senators and members of the House of Representatives, in particular, populated by persons under 30!

Under 30's were also not in short supply with appointments - we have examples of MT Mbu who became Nigeria's Foreign Affairs Minister at 23 and Pat Utomi who became a Federal Adviser at 27 and so on and so forth!

NOW: Why is it that almost all this age bracket is today still sleeping in 3-seater chairs in their parents’ homes?

Why is it that this age bracket is today still collecting pocket money from their parents?

Why is it that this age bracket is today still writing JAMB?

Why is it that this age bracket today still 'sagg' their trousers?

Why is it that this age bracket is today still searching for jobs and not yet married?

Why is it that this age bracket is today no longer qualified to even be leaders of youth wings of political parties?

Why is it that this age bracket is today so docile?

Why is this age bracket today incapable of feeding itself?

Why is it that this age bracket is today barred from even aspiring to certain political offices?

Why is it that this age bracket is today incapacitated, unwilling, unable and incapable of asking questions?

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!"

From Prof Wole Soyinka.

This is real Food for Thought
Re: Nigerian Youths And Not Thinking Today by dikSean(m): 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
I guess islam is your middle name

https://destroyislamnow./
Re: Nigerian Youths And Not Thinking Today by mulattoclaro(m): 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
When I saw who opened the thread I hissed. Tonychristopher of all people. Go and sit down. Biafra topics don tire you abi? Mtcheeeew.
Re: Nigerian Youths And Not Thinking Today by tonychristopher: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
mulattoclaro:
When I saw who opened the thread I hissed. Tonychristopher of all people. Go and sit down. Biafra topics don tire you abi? Mtcheeeew.

This isn't me that wrote and mind you I am not pro or anti Biafra ....

I just say the truth the way it is
Re: Nigerian Youths And Not Thinking Today by mars123(m): 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
In general, Nigerian youths today have made themselves irrelevant by choosing to stand behind this very poor set of leaders. There is no way we will be able to get ahead and rule above them if that bad behavior doesn't change.

Surely, the wise bunch are already reaping the fruits of their hardwork.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Senate Minority Leader Godswill Akpabio Sacked From The Senate / Ransome-kuti Petitions Defence Minister Over Conviction By Court-martial / Top Ten Entertainers Who Gained From The 2015 General Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.