Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,467 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract (2090 Views)

Chief Judge Queried Over Alleged N10million Donation / Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Agric Minister To Nigerians- Rice Importers Fact Sheet Full Of Lies.owes FG N36b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by asha80(m): 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2009
Pataki:

If he likes, he can steal the money, so far he is being productive, I am least bothered!

And you really want change in nigeria embarassed
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by MrCrackles(m): 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2009
mbulela:

imagine if Tokunbo Afinkuyomi had won that election?
just imagine??

What difference will that have made?

Pataki:

If he likes, he can steal the money, so far he is being productive, I am least bothered!

Wow, i cant believe your comments! shocked
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by Pataki: 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2009
asha 80:

And you really want change in nigeria embarassed
MrCrackles:

Wow, i cant believe your comments! shocked

I used to believe Nigeria would change! But that is a political mirage! Is the Lagos of three years ago, the same Lagos today? He may be stealing money, but at least, out of all the governors so far, he has been the most outstanding!
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by redsun(m): 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2009
What happened to the internal revenue ministries that are suppose to be in charge of taxation in nigeria?Are they disbanded?

36 billion to a private firm is just way out proportion,while the civil servants are still getting paid for the jobs they are not doing
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2009
lets face it, most of us will not give a flying toss if this guy actually stole or knows the whereabout of the money.

Nigerians will turn a blind eye as long as work is actually being done.
one colonel buba marwa comes to mind.
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by oloyeagba1: 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2009
What is PIT?
PIT is Personal Income Tax. It is a tax that is imposed on individuals who are either in employment or are running their own small businesses under a business name or partnership.

Though collection of PIT is a federal responsibility this tax is generally collected by state governments from those that are resident in their various states, regardless of whether they are federal, state, local government, or private sector workers.

The Federal Inland Revenue Service, however, also collects this tax but only from residents of the Federal Capital Territory as well as what may be described as highly mobile federal workers – staff of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other Nigerians and foreigners outside the country but earning income in Nigeria (non-residents), expatriate workers resident in Nigeria, Police Officers, and Military Officers. Civilians working in Police and Military formations, however, pay to their respective States of residence.

http://www.firs.gov.ng/individuals.aspx
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2009
KnowAll:

You are talking as if you dont have faintest clue about politics. Why dont you tell obama that he seem to offering jobs to a lot of Guys from Chicago. They are his cronies, George Bush did the same thing when he was in the white house, why would Fashola do anything  different it is politicking, the onuses is on the opposition to win the next election if they want to effect any change.

Again, you are the reason I added the line below.

Why do we pride ourselves in over-complicating even the simplest things so we can claim things are ever difficult and impossible in our own idea of Nigeria.  

What has Obama offering jobs to those he can vouch for and take responsibility for who happen to be from Chicago to do with anything? Do you ever realize how disconnected you get when you do that? We are speaking here of a case of possible ILLEGAL activity going on and all you are going to tell me is that " I have no understanding of POLITICS" so you can claim to know better than I do about how these things ought to work? Don't you ever get tired of that, seriously??

The Onus is on Fashola to ensure that, if the opposition is wrong, he switches foot ASAP to keep his integrity and make sure he is able to answer better to his people according to the law. How can it be on those raising the issue to do anything? I keep saying the Nigerian people and the way they easily rationalize and excuse even the smallest is the biggest reason why we are were we are today. Instead of you calling for Fashola to look into the case to ensure he is not wasting the people's money and involved in any illegal practises, you are trying to tell the opposition to basically SHOVE IT until they win the next election? Are you ok?
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 03, 2009
Who is accusing our "saint" of illegality?
Cant we just forgo this one even if it's true? The man no go chop again, abi him no go pay salary to our lagos baba; tinubu?

Go uncle Fash. . . . . We; your die hard supporters will still excuse you even if you are caught red-handed killing somebody.
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by DrKitaun(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2009
another waste of bandwidth space embarassed

Fashola paid out 36bn Naira ? where is their evidence ?

yes he paid some money for the revenue consultants . . .must he spill all state info out on air ?

this, considering what Lagos had gone thru with seizure of State funds by OBJ ?

were where u critics when Tinubu devised the ingenious means of revenue generation to sustain the state when it clashed with the FG ?

Alpha Beta is doing a good job, no ?

whats all this talk about DPA and Jimi Agbaje ?

was he able to defend himself during the campaign when he tried smearing Fasola's campaign and he was asked categorically if he wasnt a CONTRACTOR FRIEND OF TINUBU ?

what policies is he talking about here ? has he got MONOPOLY OF KNOWLEDGE THAT ARROGATES POLICY FORMULATION TO HIS HIGHNESS PHARMACIST JIMI AGBAJE ?

have we all forgotten what scandalous and immature behaviour he put up when he accused Femi PEDRO on air without being able to subtantiate it ?

did he not say he had the full support of CAN (CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA ) and that they promised him bloc votes ?. . . grin grin

why is Felix Oboagwina never tired of criticizing blindly ? what public position had Agbaje ever held to suggest he would have done better as a Governor ?

LET DPA OR WHATSOEVER PARTY CONTINUE THEIR SMEAR CAMPAIGN, THE GOVERNOR HAS SHOWN THAT HE IS NOT MOVED BY WHAT HE READS HERE NEITHER BY THE BUNKUMERY SPEWED BY ILL-WISHERS cool
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by Pataki: 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2009
Dr Kitaun, abeg I want some Lagos contract jare. Make I contact you off nairaland?
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by DrKitaun(m): 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2009
u sef wan chop ur share for the N36bn in question ? grin grin
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2009
Pataki:

Dr Kitaun, abeg I want some Lagos contract jare. Make I contact you off nairaland?

U wan share N36bn with Asiwaju ni? Pray, make him no catch your tiny legs around Alausa. tongue cheesy
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by Pataki: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

u sef wan chop ur share for the N36bn in question ? grin grin
Man, when I hear contracts me mates are bagging in that same Lagos, I bow! I am serious oh. I know say you get leg for Alausa well well.

nuzo:

U wan share N36bn with Asiwaju ni? Pray, make him no catch your tiny legs around Alausa. tongue cheesy
In my language, they say, one road does not lead to the market (ona kan ko wo oja). I no go dey look, make people dey make this money just like that. grin
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by IKEYMAN1: 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@'po

[size=22pt]i think there is a case here against fashola![/size]
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2009
Fashola? wait and see!!!!!

Abeg it's such a sunny day out there, I need drive while listening to Fela (my new hobby) alone in my car.
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by Omowunmimi(f): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2009
so its a sin to query ? did he deny given? so when someone tar road he has done all and above accountability. nigerians !
Re: Governor Fashola Queried Over N36b Consultancy Contract by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 16, 2009
@Post
The contract with alpha beta was sighned by Fashola'a Oga tinubu before he left power in 2007. Aplha beta is actually tinubu's company hence Fashola's hands are tied in reviewing the contract else that would amount to bitting the fingers that fed him and tinubu could easily instruct the state assembly to impeach him as he did for Pedro no minding he fact that he is doing a good Job

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta Amnesty: Millitants May Get N20,000 Monthly Plus N1,500 Daily / Nine Years After, Court Orders Supreme Court To Enrol Lawyer / Obasanjo Not In Church As Election Results Emerge – Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.