Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists - Politics (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (669443 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (157) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by JoeCutie(m): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
I'm not a Biafra fanatic, but I'm an advocate of justice and fairness.

With this kinda shallow, unrealistic and sentimental move by the so called "Founder of Nairaland", the very aim of social media - or forum, whatever you choose to call it - which is to freely have a say without fear and or favour, is defeated. With this kinda platform, people get their views across. In fact, I could say that since almost everything had been taken from us, the youths embraced social media, making it a strong medium through which they express themselves.

This action by you, Seun, is a rape on justice, fairness, and in fact, democracy. If you come out for Presidency, I won't vote for you! It's not your place to tell us what to and what not to believe in and discuss.

All Igbos are not in support of Biafra (maybe not yet), but just so you know... If all of them hate and turn on you, and if they unanimously boycott Nairaland...YOUR NAIRALAND, you're going to be doomed. For life.

A little advice, Mr. Founder: You should be neutral here. Not taking sides. At least, not yet. For the sake of your career - Nairaland. That's one silly thing about us, Africans. Excessive show of power! You don't get to see the founders of Facebook, Whatsapp, etc making very useless rules and shoving it to people's faces all the time. Any attempt to express yourself lands you a ban. What kind of autocratic forum is this?! You don't just wake up and make decisions about us (this your decision - more like a presidential decree - could have been subtly thrown out to the floor for a more democratic debate). We've got to have a say here; this is the 21st century, for fuccks sake! And if you want to make some steady progress, you've got to stop thinking to yourself all the time that you're The Founder of Nairaland . We know that already, and we get it. Take a chill pill. You're NOTHING without us. undecided

And, uh...my (lengthy) ban, please
? undecided

19 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by unbeat007(m): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
There is something you are not telling us Mr seun
This is Wrong! "I love the Igbo's and don't want them to go" EVEN THE gods will not believe this story because the gods are wise!
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by vladimiros: 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun should not bother protesting Social media Bill,

he has started the motion

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by ngmgeek(m): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
cirmuell:
werey leleyi fah. cheesy

werey leleyi fah Amadioha bend your life. Does that make your small joystick longer and bigger?grin
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Chigold101(m): 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).
to say I am surprised would be to deceive myself. I have been banned so many times in the time past for Posting Biafran nations antem and flag.
I have also been banned many times because of my anti Buhari stance.
It is not as surprise for me to see you cow in to the demands of APC and Buhari. I know they will come for you. You are only doing this to save your business not because you live Biafrans. Because in this forum are people from other countries of the world. Therefore even if Nigeria breaks up, Biafrans can still be part of Nairaland. Nairaland is a web forum which one can be a part of not minding which country where the person resides.
Seun this is the height of your hypocrisy...

I am not afraid of being banned or whatever...

"Biafra is an IDEA... Idea don't die."

Never forget that. Mr Seun

12 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Episteme2(m): 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
This thread is utterly preposterous, miscalculated, unfortunate, insensitive, judgemental and tactless to say the least and as such should be closed with immediate effect. Whoever created this thread in the interest of Nigerian unity is the number one enemy of Nigeria's unity. It is miscalculated in the sense that it is even provoking the target group to press more and harder to their course.
Like I said, the thread should be closed and deleted from Nairaland history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Alezy(m): 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
warrior01:
You go ban tire na. So what happens to freedom of expression and beliefs? So Yorubas are free to aspire and promote their Odua beliefs and Hausas, Arewa but Igbos of course are to be banned to talk or aspire for their beliefs in Biafra. Highly disappointed in you Seun.

What stops you from coming up with a superior argument why they should remain in Nigeria? Why are you so scared to discuss Biafra? Must we all have the same line of thoughts or intellectual discourse? I reject being or tagged a zombie where a fellow man will dictate what I discuss.
u have said my mind.

irrespective of how much Mr seun has collected to do this, I put it to him that it's at the detriment of his blog.

If Nigeria was working nobody will want out.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by blessingee: 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
-St. Augustine

Seun is no doubt being pressured to to take this decision based on the fact that the FG feels it threatens the unity of Nigeria. If you have ever been involved with the SSS, DSS, SFU, EFCC, ICPC, you will understand Seun's standpoint. His hands are tied. He is doing this for National Security.

Let us please pardon him and just move on dear Biafrans
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by maestroferddi: 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
What obfuscating nonsense!

I am an Igboman who believes in one Nigeria but that should not mean that the case on which the agitation for Biafra is built lacks merit.

What exactly was the so-called owner of this forum trying to achieve by taking the peremptory stance he outlined here?

There is a cost for taking liberties, I daresay...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Biafrarep(m): 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
This is the height of insensitivity, reckless, arbitrary, insulting, punitive, senseless, illogical....................and above all, madness. Seun or whatever you call yourself, you have shown with this terse message that you are misguided. Whatever bribe they must have giving you is not worth this show of shame!!! I am highly disappointed in you!!! I implore all Igbos and people of Niger-delta to blacklist this useless forum. This is 2015 and not Adolf hitlers 1940's. I will always go to Linda Ikeji's blog and other useful websites. To hell with you and your Nairaland, whether you ban me or not does not change anything because I have already left. Any South-East or South-South person that will continue to enrich this brat by logging into this site will only be doing so at his or her own peril, we must all leave this site for Seun and his Yoruba people. BASTARDS tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue[b][/b]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Mordyb: 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
Was still reading 27 and now it has reached 31 garri don pass water be dat
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by vladimiros: 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
Episteme2:
This thread is utterly preposterous, miscalculated, unfortunate, insensitive, judgemental and tactless to say the least and as such should be closed with immediate effect. Whoever created this thread in the interest of Nigerian unity is the number one enemy of Nigeria's unity. It is miscalculated in the sense that it is even provoking the target group to press more and harder to their course.
Like I said, the thread should be closed and deleted from Nairaland history.

[size=13pt]dont mind the fools

that how they arrested NNamdi kanu making the protests even more..
[/size]
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Iwonimi(m): 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
Brother nice qoute
boman2014:
GOD BLESS U OGA SEUN!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by baralatie(m): 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
freshvine:
Seun, for the fact that you're on the saddle to this platform should not give you the privilege to gag the fundamental principles and right of free speech and opinion.

This is the height of impunity and stand condemned!
Fym
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by blessingee: 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
Chigold101:
to say I am surprised would be to deceive myself. I have been banned so many times in the time past for Posting Biafran nations antem and flag.
I have also been banned many times because of my anti Buhari stance.
It is not as surprise for me to see you cow in to the demands of APC and Buhari. I know they will come for you. You are only doing this to save your business not because you live Biafrans. Because in this forum are people from other countries of the world. Therefore even if Nigeria breaks up, Biafrans can still be part of Nairaland. Nairaland is a web forum which one can be a part of not minding which country where the person resides.
Seun this is the height of your hypocrisy...

I am not afraid of being banned or whatever...

"Biafra is an IDEA... Idea don't die."

Never forget that. Mr Seun

Have you ever been invited by DSS, SSS, EFCC, SFU etc b4?
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by unbeat007(m): 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
viviangist3:

My Blog and i don't support Biafra that's why i posted the ugly outcome On Nairaland Ok

Biafra needs no support from you. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Miscellaneous(m): 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
Favolly:

Nobody's saying stop the idea. Of course, we know the struggle will continue

All Seun's saying is DON'T do it on Nairaland forum

And if somehow this thing dies down now but later springs up in say, 10 years time because the 'idea' can't be stopped... still DON'T do it on Nairaland forum

say all u can.... seun will not marry u. I am proud to be from Warri & I'm not in support of biafra but this seun said is balderdash & it's skewed....

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by prelinctus: 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
Tonyebarcanista, what is your say on this?
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by GodMode: 5:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
4lashyme:
Seun you can't fight any ideology with ban, bullets and violence. History is a great teacher. The colonial masters with supperior fire power could not stop the idea of INDEPENDENCE IN AFRICA. You need a better ideology to win.
The funny thing is that in the case of Biafra, you have a better ideology. Your tribe had once clamoured for it - TRUE FEDERALISM! That is the ANSWER. If you continue on this weak and foolish path of banning, you will end up making nairalanders fanatic about this biafra issue. Even business wise, it wouldn't help you. In a world where social media use issues like this to attract traffic on their site, you choose to do the opposite in the most irresponsible manner. I hope you don't regret this action.

Federalism was abolished by an igbo man in 1966.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by blessingee: 5:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mordyb:
Was still reading 27 and now it has reached 31 garri don pass water be dat

This thread go reach 1m today, some pple go dey that 31 b4 them know them go see 50 grin grin grin grin

Once Biafra dey concerned, the matter must long grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by JayJustus(m): 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
mcjoe007:

despite studying in china ur lifr still dey like dis.ahhhh, d painful tin is u are not worth a biafraudinan, u still dey denial ur tribe jus to prove a point

quote me again when you can write in proper standard english...i don't speak ebonics...

and a fool said "u still dey denial ur tribe..." go to school you will refuse rather you run to Lagos to sell gala and claim you developed Lagos...gerrarahere mehn

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Miscellaneous(m): 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,

u are a coward just like all other yorubas... I'm ashamed! I'm an itsekiri & we are just like the yorubas but I must tell u that yorubas are cowards & I knew today. I don't want biafra either but this ur move is too childish & uncalled for.... it's like saying ibos shouldn't visit Nairaland. Retrace your steps before you regret it one day……… whoever told u to do this, tell him you have a choice. Don't say buhari is a dictator when you are one. You are only fueling the biafra struggle.... 100 of Mynd44 cannot stop the agitators here cos if u continue banning u will only be seeing the downfall of Nairaland. Seun run as far as you can, grow eyes at the back of ur head if u can cos u can't see what's coming ……… #pitiful.

N:B ==> If we continue like this, I see the igbos getting biafra in a short while..... u are only giving them relevance. You are doing more good than harm. The world has been watching…………

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Chrisx1x(m): 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Thanks,
am not a supporter of biafra but i dont support this rule of yours.Its an uwise decision.Just let them (the biafras or whatever they call themself) be.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by IMEAN(m): 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Thanks,

You could easily be sued with a good lawyer, considering the FOI law. then when your lawyer comes, you both will be schooled on how to handle public/social media establishments. You lack ethics.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by baralatie(m): 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
GodMode:

Federalism was abolished by an igbo man in 1966.
Ironsi by name
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by derecho(m): 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
Read a few comments and all I see is an answer to somebody's prayers.Webmasters and programmers,una dey see opportunity?
2016 will be greater.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by DMfreak: 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
This seun guy is just trying to experiment.
He looks like an unserious person tho.
Hope say u don marry sha, train your children?
I can imagine the dude loosing over 500k members, how e go take dey show of his little wealth again na. Me self don dey reason to create B***land, thanks for the much inspiration tho.
I understand ur plights, its well.
PELE SIR!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Mordyb: 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
blessingee:

This thread go reach 1m today, some pple go dey that 31 b4 them know them go see 50 grin grin grin grin

Once Biafra dey concerned, the matter must long grin grin grin
vi don't think seun would reply this thread expect a new rebuttal thread from seun
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Chrisx1x(m): 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
Goke7:

One was created months back, but the addiction to nairaland by our se brothers know no bounds
is it stil on and whats the name?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Favolly(f): 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
ElDeeVee:
Maybe we are just not familiar with regulated lifestyle
Lol! I guess you've broken all Nairaland's 22 rules, then?
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Alezy(m): 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
JoeCutie:
I'm not a Biafra fanatic, but I'm an advocate of justice and fairness.

With this kinda shallow, unrealistic and sentimental move by the so called "Founder of Nairaland", the very aim of social media - or forum, whatever you choose to call it - which is to freely have a say without fear and or favour, is defeated. With this kinda platform, people get their views across. In fact, I could say that since almost everything had been taken from us, the youths embraced social media, making it a strong medium through which they express themselves.

This action by you, Seun, is a rape on justice, fairness, and in fact, democracy. If you come out for Presidency, I won't vote for you! It's not your place to tell us what to and what not to believe in and discuss.

All Igbos are not in support of Biafra (maybe not yet), but just so you know... If all of them hate and turn on you, and if they unanimously boycott Nairaland...YOUR NAIRALAND, you're going to be doomed. For life.

A little advice, Mr. Founder: You should be neutral here. Not taking sides. At least, not yet. For the sake of your career - Nairaland. That's one silly thing about us, Africans. Excessive show of power! You don't get to see the founders of Facebook, Whatsapp, etc making very useless rules and shoving it to people's faces all the time. Any attempt to express yourself lands you a ban. What kind of autocratic forum is this?! You don't just wake up and make decisions about us (this your decision, more like a presidential decree, could have been subtly thrown out in the open for a more democratic debate). We've got to have a say here; this is the 21st century, for fuccks sake! And if you want to make some steady progress, you've got to stop thinking to yourself all the time that you're The Founder of Nairaland . We know that already, and we get it. Take a chill pill. You're NOTHING without us. undecided

And, uh...my (lengthy) ban, please
? undecided
Mr founder has been paid handsomely for this.

quote me anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Favolly(f): 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
ElDeeVee:
Maybe we are just not familiar with regulated lifestyle
Lol! I guess you've broken all Nairaland's 22 rules, then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (157)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.