Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,405 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos (5209 Views)

Meet The Legesse Twins: Ruth & Kidy Mistaken As Conjoined Twins / Delta Corper Welcomes Conjoined Twins (Photo) / Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins In Enugu (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by kihemeje96(f): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Shivanath and Shivram Sahu, 12, were born twins but joined at the waist and share two legs, four arms and one stomach but have independent lungs, hearts and brains in a tiny village near Raipur in Central India. They help each other in everything they do in a way that leaves everyone including doctors stunned. The stronger one, Shivram said: “We don’t wish to get separated. We will stay like this even when we grow old. We want to live as we are.”
Shivanath, who appears to be the weaker of the two twins, said: “We have taught ourselves everything. We ride to school on a bicycle and playing cricket is no problem.”
The twins, in spite of their unusual birth , they are able to walk down the stairs of their simple split-level home and even run on all six limbs to play cricket and other games with neighbouring children.
They are also talented in academics and considered among the top students at their local school, much to the pride of their doting father, Raj Kumar, 45. - See more at: http://www.mercyjohnsonblog.com/conjoined-twins-bound-at-the-waist-run-like-a-spider-to-get-to-school/#sthash.FNUSOMyR.dpuf
They are also talented in academics and considered among the top students at their local school, much to the pride of their doting father, Raj Kumar, 45.
While it is medically believed it is possible to separate the twins – but with drastic consequences for Shivanath. While Shivram would likely keep both legs and could start living a more normal life – Shivanath would be left with no legs and needing full-time care, their father who also have five girls with their mother says he wants them to remain the way they are. He is very protective of his two sons and will not allow them to leave the village.
He said: “For everyone it is good fun to watch my children, but only I understand all the problems they have.
“During rainy season it becomes difficult for them to walk and when one wants to sit the other has to lie down.
“But they don’t fight. They have similar opinions and if one says he wants to play the other one agrees.”
The father-of-seven says he would not let a doctor separate them, even if he had the money and the operation was viable. He added:
“God has created them like this so they have to walk like they do. They will remain like this. I don’t want anything else.
“Even if doctors say so, I won’t get my children separated. I have no interest in money. I’m the one who will work hard to nourish them. I don’t need any help.”
The operation would also be very expensive and require long-term rehabilitation, both physically and psychologically. He said:
“This operation is possible. But there are questions whether we should.”
“What would we gain and what we will lose? What does the family want, how will society take it and, most importantly, how will these two kids take it?
“They appear to be fairly well-adjusted from the photographs and it seems the organs are working really well.
“They have two different brains, two different hearts and two different lungs. So as far as physically living is concerned, they can go on like this.
“They appear bright enough to start thinking of becoming financially, economically and physically independent.
“They may even be able to get married. There are cases on record where such a thing has happened where conjoined twins have had two different wives and 21 children.”
See more photos of the conjoined twins doing amazing things on;

http://www.news-world-update.com/2015/12/indian-12-year-old-conjoined-twins.html

Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by Imortal001: 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
OMG!
Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by MrHighSea: 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
Nawa.o
Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by Hefemale: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
what?
Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by northvietnam(m): 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
May God have mercy on mankind
Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by delishpot: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
Lioking at how they are joined, its better they are not separated even.
Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
God is great
Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hmm.
Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
Great God.
Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 11, 2015
Incredible India
This is called THORACOPAGUS
Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by Pidggin(f): 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
These boys are suffering.

Wishing them a long and healthy life ahead
Re: 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos by johnson232: 9:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
Pidggin:
These boys are suffering.

Wishing them a long and healthy life ahead
would u wish for a long life in such body?
na short life suppose sure pass....

(1) (Reply)

Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant / She Wants Me To Give Up Beer / MY Brothers Beat Up My Husband!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.