Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Steven Gerrard: Why I Would’ve Loved To Play With This Arsenal Star - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Steven Gerrard: Why I Would’ve Loved To Play With This Arsenal Star (429 Views)

‘if I Were Buffon, I Would’ve Broken The Referee’s Face’ / ‘I Would’ve Laughed It Off, If I Was Told Messi Would Become World Best / Steven Gerrard Labelled Mesut Ozil A 'liabilty' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Steven Gerrard: Why I Would’ve Loved To Play With This Arsenal Star by goalisma(m): 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Steven Gerrard admits that he would have loved to have played alongside Mesut Ozil during his career

Steven Gerrard admits that he would have loved to have lined up alongside Mesut Ozil in his career following the German’s impressive recent form for Arsenal.

The Gunners playmaker has been one of the Premier League’s top performers in recent weeks and notched up his 12th assist in the top flight during the 3-1 win over Sunderland last weekend.

Ozil was voted Arsenal’s player of the month for November last week after also scooping the award in October.

And former Liverpool captain Gerrard has been thoroughly impressed by what he has seen of the World Cup winner in recent weeks.

The Gunners playmaker has been one of the Premier League’s top performers in recent weeks and notched up his 12th assist in the top flight during the 3-1 win over Sunderland last weekend.

It’s happening for him at the moment and he’s an absolute dream to watch

''Steven Gerrard''

Ozil was voted Arsenal’s player of the month for November last week after also scooping the award in October.

And former Liverpool captain Gerrard has been thoroughly impressed by what he has seen of the World Cup winner in recent weeks.

“He’s a striker’s dream,” said Gerrard, speaking on BT Sport ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League clash with Olympiacos.

“I would have certainly loved to have played with a player like him. His assist statistics are frightening and scary.”

Gerrard continued: “He’s a fantastic player, one of the best technical players in the league and in Europe.

“I think the reason he divides opinion is because when it doesn’t come off for him, he is easy for the critics to attack.

“But it’s happening for him at the moment and he’s an absolute dream to watch.”

Ozil and his Arsenal team-mates will now turn their attentions back to the Premier League and their trip to Aston Villa on Sunday afternoon.

Arsene Wenger’s men are currently in second place in the Premier League table and will move top with a victory at Villa Park ahead of Leicester’s clash with Manchester city on Monday night.

visit www.goalisma..com for your latest football news,transfers,pre and post match conference and betting tips.

(1) (Reply)

★ Court Orders Kanu Nwankwo’s Accounts Frozen Over N924M Debt / Uefa Champion League Round Of 16 Draw. / UNBELIEVABLE: Jose Mourinho Is Favourite For The Man Utd Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.