Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (39508 Views)

My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / The Travails Of Marrying Late / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by faray: 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
Tim Cook is gay sef
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by bukatyne(f): 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
I guess this is applicable to women who want to hold their husbands to Ransome as a result of food.

I am yet to see a real disadvantage in marrying a good cook.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by lonelydora: 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
It's like your hubby cooks more than you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by oluwanoni: 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
If you can cook they complain
If you cannot cook they complain
Women sha undecided....which way!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by joes11(m): 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
I beg help me ask them ooo
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by harristo(m): 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
manny4life:

Nonsense... Yall need to quit smoking the ganja. Even as a guy who can cook, I still go out once in a while, AND I would make it a duty to treat my future wife to outside dinner even if it's once every 3 months.

No, op expects the husband to take the family out to eat once every week, as if that's a healthy thing to do.

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by harsysky(m): 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
LadyX:
Marrying a man that can cook is a big advantage.

1. When you are sick he can cook.
2. When you are tired, he can cook.
3. You can cook together... bonding.

In short there are more advantages than disadvantages. If a lady feels threatened by her man's cooking she should ask him to teach her.

I was about to unlearn that I cook well till you came up with the advantages. I think this is how Op could've brain-washed me. You do well!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by tintingz(m): 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
I think some people here misunderstood the op
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Richy4(m): 9:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
I do not need a map to the kitchen.

even if I do not know how to cook, It is really wrong for a man to swallow every wrong meal because of love. haba!!!!!!

I do not think there is much disadvantages for a woman marrying someone that can cook

<<<<when she is pregnant, the man will always step in....
<<<< During child birth and within the three months critical period, the man will be in charge of the kitchen
<<<<If she is a nurse or a broadcaster that runs shift works, how will their kids cope if the man doesn't step in.

I think it is cool for every guy to learn how to cook basic meal in case of emergencies; and for future purposes.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by mickijoe: 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
Is a Gods blessing having a man who can cook ok. No disadvantage @ all..
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
I'm short of words. Mehn! I just can't believe that this shitty piece of trash was pushed to the Front Page. Seriously, the owner of this site doesn't even hold anyone in high esteem; he does not care about their needs; doesn't give a fvck about the effects the posts on here have on daily users. All he craves for is traffic, traffic, and more traffic. What a shame!
*Walks outta thread*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by babyfaceafrica: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
Really insecure fellow

3 Likes

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by masseratti: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
I agree with no 1,2 and 4 others nah,

Btw I can cook very well.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by babdap: 10:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mologi:
Thank God I do wash my indomie before I fry it.So I can cook,no woman can bragada for me.
$
Kindly see your pastor n doctor asap.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Ishilove: 10:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mologi:
Thank God I do wash my indomie before I fry it.So I can cook,no woman can bragada for me.
Lol
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by chicent2k3(m): 10:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
End time cook.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by tranxo(m): 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
enieme:
I'll just go straight to the point

#1. critical of your food: burnt food, salty or too spicy, recipe that didn't turn out well? E. T. C. A man that can cook is sure to notice that more than one who can't cook will. you can always sweet talk a husband that can't cook about how strenous it is preparing that particular kind of soup blalbla bla but u sure can't deceive a man that holds the big spoon.

#2. Responsibiltiy neglect: as it is th a our culture dictates th a it's the responsibility of the woman tocookfor the family, u may find yourself 'getting time's frequently and having your husband cook most times.

#3. No dine outs : since you both can cook. If u for some reason are unable to cook at a certaintime, ur husband would most probably choose to fill in rather than taking u out to eat/ bringing home take away food as one who can't cook would ssuggest.

#4. Nothing new under the sun: trying to surprise ur husband with a really 'wow' delicacy prepared by u? Chances are he's tried that recipe before.

#5. Competition: whoever likes it when the kids enjoy daddy's cooking more than mmY, the natural born cook's cooking?

*No time for elaborate explanation, No time for editing.

I'll just go straight to the point - You are LAZY.

Can you imagine #4? He is your husband and you do not know what he has cooked before or not? Where else, and who else does he cook for if not in the house, and for you and the kids?

Seems cooking is the only thing your type will bring to a marriage to feel this threatened. Be creative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
I love it when a man cooks. It is one of my top favorite qualities in a man. I love to watch it, I love to taste it, I love to relax myself, I love being served, I love eating it ..... the best prelude ever. grin

enieme:

#1. critical of your food: burnt food, salty or too spicy, recipe that didn't turn out well? E. T. C. A man that can cook is sure to notice that more than one who can't cook will. you can always sweet talk a husband that can't cook about how strenous it is preparing that particular kind of soup blalbla bla but u sure can't deceive a man that holds the big spoon.

It can't happen with my food. I am too good. cool

#2. Responsibiltiy neglect: as it is th a our culture dictates th a it's the responsibility of the woman tocookfor the family, u may find yourself 'getting time's frequently and having your husband cook most times.

I will gladly neglect my responsibilities in this case.

#3. No dine outs : since you both can cook. If u for some reason are unable to cook at a certaintime, ur husband would most probably choose to fill in rather than taking u out to eat/ bringing home take away food as one who can't cook would ssuggest.

There will always be dine outs if you enjoy going out.

#4. Nothing new under the sun: trying to surprise ur husband with a really 'wow' delicacy prepared by u? Chances are he's tried that recipe before.

A quick google search will show you that you can't try all available recipes in a lifetime.

#5. Competition: whoever likes it when the kids enjoy daddy's cooking more than mmY, the natural born cook's cooking?

I wasn't born to cook, I was taught to cook.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by dacovajnr: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
Still tryna figure out where the disadvantage is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by martineverest(m): 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
It's really 'disadvantageous', tho...... Am an example; anytime a woman cooks for me, am always critical about the palatability of the food. My mama and sisters have been victims of this attitude. I could recollect a situation that happened few weeks ago, when my neighbor brought fried rice to us as birthday food; the taste was nothing to write home about. Since then, Av been using that incidence to judge her....i Just hope my future wife has great culinary skills and gastronomic in nature.

.....kudos to urhobo and Ibo men for their great culinary skills.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by feran15(m): 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
enieme:

I doubt that the in-laws would agree to their son always being in the kitchen instead if the wife.
they'd be like ' hes taken the role of the wife and the wife is now the one controlling'

how would the inlaws know who is cooking at home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by tete7000(m): 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
enieme:

So op in a nutshell you prefer your husband not knowing how to cook? Na wa for you o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
oluwanoni:
If you can cook they complain If you cannot cook they complain Women sha undecided....which way!
there complain about everything!

very greedy set of WOMAN we have on this world.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by johnsonsegxy: 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Sick people with serious typhoid fever now roaming online nowadays... Imagine the OP, just to create a topic, created nonsense. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
oluwanoni:
If you can cook they complain
If you cannot cook they complain
Women sha undecided....which way!

Each woman is different. wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Dagaya(m): 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
no time for me cooking ....to me it is a no no...I get where the op is coming from... in between... why would a man want to be a good cook anyway? after all the plenty wahala wen we dey think about everyday.... to those men who know how to cook...well done...as for me and my kind.. we wud compensate in other ways...so op I think Ur rite...considering Ur thinking the way am thinking...
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Khez: 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Men who can cook are sexy and caring.. well at least i am, grin

Babes shouldn't be worried there husband can cook, as a matter of fact, some babes like it o, they just relent in there duties and hope their husband will do it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Milaby(f): 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Its an advantage.... If there's no 1 reason, then you don't know how to cook
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by bilulu(m): 10:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
enieme:

u mux b one of these lazy Yoruba gurls dat can't cook but always like to buy food outside for their husband
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by omonnakoda: 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2015
All Nigerian men can cook but most pretend just to make women feel important or to avoid shifting responsibility
All recipes were invented my men
Suya Moinmoin etc are all men's creation
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by kings09(m): 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2015
OP ddnt add d part where d husband can tk care of his meals wenever thr's quarrel in d house. No wife can hold a man's belly 2 ransom if d guy can cook.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Jidibia(m): 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
enieme:

Rubbish thread…. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Identifying Children With High I.Q / Is It Right For A Man To Bath His Own Daughter Who Is Over 3 Years? / My Husband That I Met In Facebook Cheats On Me: Am I Taking Things Far????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.