Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (39494 Views)

My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / The Travails Of Marrying Late / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
I'll just go straight to the point

#1. critical of your food: burnt food, salty or too spicy, recipe that didn't turn out well? E. T. C. A man that can cook is sure to notice that more than one who can't cook will. you can always sweet talk a husband that can't cook about how strenous it is preparing that particular kind of soup blalbla bla but u sure can't deceive a man that holds the big spoon.

#2. Responsibiltiy neglect: as it is th a our culture dictates th a it's the responsibility of the woman tocookfor the family, u may find yourself 'getting time's frequently and having your husband cook most times.

#3. No dine outs : since you both can cook. If u for some reason are unable to cook at a certaintime, ur husband would most probably choose to fill in rather than taking u out to eat/ bringing home take away food as one who can't cook would ssuggest.

#4. Nothing new under the sun: trying to surprise ur husband with a really 'wow' delicacy prepared by u? Chances are he's tried that recipe before.

#5. Competition: whoever likes it when the kids enjoy daddy's cooking more than mmY, the natural born cook's cooking?

*No time for elaborate explanation, No time for editing.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Last Days

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by DuchessLily(f): 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
Number 2 is not a disadvantage

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Erukumakanaki: 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
So, Ladies shouldn't Marry Cooks again undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Mologi(m): 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
Thank God I do wash my indomie before I fry it.So I can cook,no woman can bragada for me.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by LadyX(f): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
Marrying a man that can cook is a big advantage.

1. When you are sick he can cook.
2. When you are tired, he can cook.
3. You can cook together... bonding.

In short there are more advantages than disadvantages. If a lady feels threatened by her man's cooking she should ask him to teach her.

196 Likes 20 Shares

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
shocked..

Op, ur No. 3 ain't totally true...

Once in a while, d man takes his wife out to have fun wink nd for outings... grin..

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Niceman4u(m): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
LadyX:

In short there are more advantages than disadvantages. If a lady feels threatened by her man's cooking she should ask him to teach her.

Thank u Jare! D OP must be vry fake nd must among d daughters of eve dat go abt sucking sons of adam dry. Its only a lady dat has poor up-bringing that will nt desire a man dat can cook.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by lanrywatt(m): 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
Rubbish of the highest order, why would der be a disadvantage in a guy cooking.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
DuchessLily:
Number 2 is not a disadvantage
I doubt that the in-laws would agree to their son always being in the kitchen instead if the wife.
they'd be like ' hes taken the role of the wife and the wife is now the one controlling'

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
lanrywatt:
Rubbish of the highest order, why would der be a disadvantage in a guy cooking.
every good thing has its bad side however minute

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by BossBae1(f): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
Tell op abeg
LadyX:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
Niceman4u:

Thank u Jare! D OP must be vry fake nd must among d daughters of eve dat go abt sucking sons of adam dry. Its only a lady dat has poor up-bringing that will nt desire a man dat can cook.
not at all. I haven't in any way stated here that there r more disadvantages than advantagesbto marrying a man who can cook.
I've just dealt with the part that never gets in the spotlight

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
LadyX:

I agree that there are more disadvantages than advantages, but only those married to such men will tell u which of the two they feel most.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ebayray:
shocked..

Op, ur No. 3 ain't totally true...

Once in a while, d man takes his wife out to have fun wink nd for outings... grin..
that's something common with both husband that coook and the ones wjo dont.
What I'm talking about here is family eating out on a normal day cos mom can't cook.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
[quote author=Erukumakanaki post=40880015]So, Ladies shouldn't Marry Cooks again undecided[/quote
don't misunderstand my post.

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mologi:
Thank God I do wash my indomie before I fry it.So I can cook,no woman can bragada for me.
ur on ur own

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
brainbucks:
Last Days
Hmm. does this opinion any way pose a threat to the world?
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
BossBae1:
Tell op abeg
speak for urself sis, I'm listening
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by comffy(f): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
Am proud of my man coz he is a real cook. I really enjoy meals prepared by him. *in Psquare voice, No one like him*. Dere is no disadvantage marrying a man dat can cook.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2015
comffy:
Am proud of my man coz he is a real cook. I really enjoy meals prepared by him. *in Psquare voice, No one like him*. Dere is no disadvantage marrying a man dat can cook.
maybe cos u can cook better than him??

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by hayzed1090: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
The Op is very correct. Only dose ladies married to a perfect cook will understand. Don't forget that knowing how to cook is an added advantage for lady, but u lost that advantage if ur hubby is equally a good cook.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Niceman4u(m): 7:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
enieme:

not at all. I haven't in any way stated here that there r more disadvantages than advantagesbto marrying a man who can cook.
I've just dealt with the part that never gets in the spotlight

Well Miss! I tried to break it down witout any pretense. We fake evrytin, we live other ppl's life. Cooking has always been part of African culture there its advantageous dat d man knows hw to cook in order to help d woman.
Do u consider wen u bcom pregnant if ur man can cook for u.
Do u consider wen u r vry tired.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 10, 2015
Niceman4u:

Well Miss! I tried to break it down witout any pretense. We fake evrytin, we live other ppl's life. Cooking has always been part of African culture there its advantageous dat d man knows hw to cook in order to help d woman.
Do u consider wen u bcom pregnant if ur man can cook for u.
Do u consider wen u r vry tired.
lol. Ur contradicting urself mister. In fact the African culture is the one that looks down on a man with spoon.

Exchange of roles is actually a Culture alien to our African ways.

Agai, I'm not saying it's not a good thing that a man can cook. Just analysing from another viewpoint.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
hayzed1090:
The Op is very correct. Only dose ladies married to a perfect cook will understand. Don't forget that knowing how to cook is an added advantage for lady, but u lost that advantage if ur hubby is equally a good cook.
Hmm. See here someone that understands what I'm saying.
Btw, can u cook?

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by firstking01(m): 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
Flaws of the highest order of magnitude with no iota of directionsad
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by hayzed1090: 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
enieme:

Hmm. See here someone that understands what I'm saying.
Btw, can u cook?

I dey try.
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by missKiffy(f): 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
Nah, I disagree, it has far more advantages than disadvantages

3 Likes

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by RealAdewole(m): 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
thank God My mum and dad, cause I can cook but wait oooo op all this na first class lie

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by IamLEGEND1: 7:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
firstking01:
Flaws of the highest order of magnitude with no iota of directionsad
this isn't a physics thread angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
hayzed1090:

I dey try.
good. U should even try better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Man To Bath His Own Daughter Who Is Over 3 Years? / Identifying Children With High I.Q / My Husband That I Met In Facebook Cheats On Me: Am I Taking Things Far????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.