Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? (30516 Views)

James Bala Ngilari Jailed For 5 Years For Corruption / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari / Ministerial Nominee, Anthony Anwukah, Was Convicted By High Court For Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by elopee3000(m): 11:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
That's why i want d whole world to abuse Nigeria as a country more and more maybe we can change ,when ever they say some countries re corrupt my first question allways is thoses other corrupt countries do ve light and roads if u say yes then I will tell u that u don't know what is corruption till u visit Nigeria ,we ve no toilets major citis of Nigeria not to talk of water to flash shit

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by amanda2013(f): 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
asEdeyHOT:
That is Jonathan for you

Jonathan institutionalized corruption in Nigeria

The title should be Stealing is not Corruption
now that you have mentioned Jonathan name hope you are happy?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by tola9ja: 11:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
grin grin grin
asEdeyHOT:
That is Jonathan for you
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
brainbucks:
Last Days

What do you expect....a product of many years of misrule....materials de nija well well jare. Go to kuje, kirikiri, panti or meet dasuki, dok-pepsi etc. u are good to go
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 10, 2015
Why wouldn't they rubbish us that way? when Buhari is touring the world shouting please don't come to Nigeria we are corrupt like he is a saint. Am not against the fight against corruption but let's be careful how we shout this word CORRUPTION, cuz the world will judge us the way we present ourselves
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by festusfeezy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
swhiss:
End Time research! End Time topic!! End Time supervisor!!! lipsrsealed
End time comments
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by MathsChic(f): 11:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
Uncleodi:
I saw this disheartening picture this evening and I am like "can it ever get better"?

Are there no better project topics anymore??

We have a lot of responsibilities on our hands to change what the international communities think about us!

Lalasticlala, can u imagine!
There is nothing disheartening about it. There have been projects and hundreds of books about the Italian mafia or the japanese Yakuza. These are phenomena in countries, same as Nigeria's corruption phenomenon. Ain't nothing wrong in it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by minasota(f): 1:16am On Dec 11, 2015
EVILFOREST:
Sai BUHARI
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Miami11: 1:20am On Dec 11, 2015
He shouldn't forget that Nigeria has self proclaimed itself as giant of Africa

Abeg! Maybe giant of corruption
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 11, 2015
guccimilan:
That's a good one as alot ideals could be derived from this project as solution to corruption problem in Nigeria .

If I hear!
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Kalvan15000: 2:10am On Dec 11, 2015
Demmocrats:
Nigeria is a perfect case study for corruption, so why are we shocked about it. The dude deserve a distinction for using Nigeria as a case study for corruption. Nigeria is synonymous with the word corruption.

The thesis virtually writes itself.
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Anyi3(m): 2:33am On Dec 11, 2015
His Father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 11, 2015
Uncleodi:
I saw this disheartening picture this evening and I am like "can it ever get better"?

We have a lot of responsibilities on our hands to change what the international communities think about us!

Not surprised. Every example on corruption, bribery, money laundering e.t.c on a mega scale can be found in Nigeria. I remembered a risk training I attended at my place of work when I was living in the UK, the instructors were always quick to refer to the halliburton and Siemens bribery scandals just to drive home their points.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Nobody: 2:55am On Dec 11, 2015
nextstep:

2. how Nigeria's money has funded Europe over the decades
3. why Europe's governments looked the other way as their banks and real estate sector took in money

are you sure they are looking the other way

Siemens was found guilty of paying bribes to Nigerian officials and fined 201m euros ($248m; £122.3m) by a Munich court on 4 October.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7130315.stm

Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- KBR Inc. , the engineering company accused of bribing Nigerian officials to win more than $6 billion in contracts to build a liquefied natural-gas project, agreed with former parent
Halliburton Co. to pay $579 million to resolve U.S. criminal and regulatory charges.

www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a5SIJHgE3rXA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by nextstep(m): 3:03am On Dec 11, 2015
saxywale:

are you sure they are looking the other way

Siemens was found guilty of paying bribes to Nigerian officials and fined 201m euros ($248m; £122.3m) by a Munich court on 4 October.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7130315.stm

Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- KBR Inc. , the engineering company accused of bribing Nigerian officials to win more than $6 billion in contracts to build a liquefied natural-gas project, agreed with former parent
Halliburton Co. to pay $579 million to resolve U.S. criminal and regulatory charges.

www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a5SIJHgE3rXA

You're right, there were those two cases and I remember them. I think it's safe to call 2 (or even 20) out of 1000s of unreported cases statistical anomalies that don't invalidate the general argument that the governments looked the other way.

I would not be surprised if the cases we hear about were exposed by disgruntled parties who were not adequately compensated. It's also possible there is some back room deal with the European governments that didn't make the news, but somebody got upset.

I'm also reaching far here, but it would also not surprise me if the fine was written off and was less than the tax they would have had to pay on profits for that time period...
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by GatJokez(f): 4:37am On Dec 11, 2015
So, write a counter research named Succeess despite Hardships and Economic Development: Evidence from Nigeria.

Smh @ all the negative propaganda out there. It's time to start making a difference by contradicting negatives with positives
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by femiero: 4:47am On Dec 11, 2015
The writer of this thesis is the son of one of those Arabs that work in Total Nigeria. Check out his name on LinkedIn. He benefitted from our oil, his father contributed to the rot in the oil sector yet he has the gut to ......... I will like to read the thesis though. Corruption from a financial analyst point of view.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Ahmeduana(m): 5:03am On Dec 11, 2015
Uncleodi:

IS THE WAY YOU LAY YOUR BED THAT'S HOW YOU SLEEP ON IT, IF YOU CALL YOUR PLATE A BROKEN PLATE PEOPLE WILL USE IT TO PACK SANDS! Thanks to our own honourable bubu, (the only single nigerian that is corruption free) for galivating around the world and telling who care to listen that my country nigeria is corrupt, how did you expect outsiders to view us? HAVE NEVER SEE ANY PRESIDENT OR PRIME MINISTER OF ANY NATION DE-MARKETING OR BAD MOUTH-ING IS COUNTRY LIKE OUR PRESIDENT WITH BODY ODOUR IS DOING TO NIGERIA! WHY WON'T THEM USE NIGERIA AS CASE STUDY?
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by TimothyNkenu: 5:29am On Dec 11, 2015
asEdeyHOT:
That is Jonathan for you

SMH
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by lonelydora: 5:46am On Dec 11, 2015
Chai......... Nigeria we don suffer.
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Miami11: 5:49am On Dec 11, 2015
Ahmeduana:

IS THE WAY YOU LAY YOUR BED THAT'S HOW YOU SLEEP ON IT, IF YOU CALL YOUR PLATE A BROKEN PLATE PEOPLE WILL USE IT TO PACK SANDS! Thanks to our own honourable bubu, (the only single nigerian that is corruption free) for galivating around the world and telling who care to listen that my country nigeria is corrupt, how did you expect outsiders to view us? HAVE NEVER SEE ANY PRESIDENT OR PRIME MINISTER OF ANY NATION DE-MARKETING OR BAD MOUTH-ING IS COUNTRY LIKE OUR PRESIDENT WITH BODY ODOUR IS DOING TO NIGERIA! WHY WON'T THEM USE NIGERIA AS CASE STUDY?

Have you been to the airport and see everyone asking for bribes
Don't you think this is what foreigners see first thing they enter the country
Looks like the president is telling the truth/ but he needs to do something

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by thundafire: 5:53am On Dec 11, 2015
i doubt if he will write upto 1k pages cs truly Nigeria corruption no get end just continous love ur project topic
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by drhabeeb99: 6:22am On Dec 11, 2015
realjoker:
If 5 seconds of smile can make a photograph more
beautiful, then just imagine how beautiful ur life
would be if u kip smiling..

I really like that ..in fact like is an understatement ..I love it
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by oluwaahmed: 6:31am On Dec 11, 2015
To tink dat dis is a project topic 4 an Msc in a business schl is alarmin. Not only is d topic bogus, but am sure d researcher contributed nuttin 2 knowledge. No wonder we hav half baked graduate. So nigeria is his case study? & a professor supervised dis work. SMH 4 naija educatn

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by remirez07(m): 6:39am On Dec 11, 2015
Uncleodi:

this Dudu damn embarrassed my beloved country.... But he would score good score tho.
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by rajoys: 6:46am On Dec 11, 2015
ifyalways:

Please how is this a good one?

So one ignorant "oyibo" that have probably never set foot in Nigeria is coming to provide you solutions, eeh kwa?

Hilarious.

In this global village we domicile, u don't need to set ur foot somewhere b4 getting info about problem that is prevalent in a place and the possible solution. U think outsiders don't know the degree of corruption in this country? Think again, google corrupt nations, listen to international news from any where in the world, u will know that u probably don't need to visit Nigeria b4 u know the extent of corruption in the land. How do u explain a country who is the 6th largest producer of crude oil in the world to have larger percentage of her population surviving on less that $2 per day. Dubai that all Nigerians and rest of the world troop to on tourism now is built with oil money of country that has foresight when the price of crude was booming. What has Nigeria built out of her own b4 the crashing of the damn crude? With all those indices couple with many other corruption in other sector like power, u don't need to visit Nigeria to know that is a corrupt country. A Mugabe of Africa acknowledged this not too long ago.
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Niceman4u(m): 6:50am On Dec 11, 2015
Nice topic wit well taught study case perhaps this wil help reduce corruption in d country if d authorities wil read it.
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by eltweezy90(m): 6:54am On Dec 11, 2015
ibkgab001:
Nice Project topic

taking Obj as a case study

Edited by IBB

supervised by Diezeani

submitted to the Dept of Fraud

By the way who is this Mod that is sending all this topic to the front shame page
Works cited From Ngozi Okonjo iweala's '' Abacha's loot and how it was religiously spent''2015.
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by Miami11: 6:55am On Dec 11, 2015
rajoys:

In this global village we domicile, u don't need to set ur foot somewhere b4 getting info about problem that is prevalent in a place and the possible solution. U think outsiders don't know the degree of corruption in this country? Think again, google corrupt nations, listen to international news from any where in the world, u will know that u probably don't need to visit Nigeria b4 u know the extent of corruption in the land. How do u explain a country who is the 6th largest producer of crude oil in the world to have larger percentage of her population surviving on less that $2 per day. Dubai that all Nigerians and rest of the world troop to on tourism now is built with oil money of country that has foresight when the price of crude was booming. What has Nigeria built out of her own b4 the crashing of the damn crude? With all those indices couple with many other corruption in other sector like power, u don't need to visit Nigeria to know that is a corrupt country. A Mugabe of Africa acknowledged this not too long ago.
Well said, luckily he did not add scam, and fraud and many vices synonymous to the country.
I remember when Fox News anchor (Ann Coulter) was saying on national TV in America that corruption is taught in university in Lagos, wonder if anyone remembers that.
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by yhemsy62(m): 7:00am On Dec 11, 2015
Demmocrats:
Nigeria is a perfect case study for corruption, so why are we shocked about it. The dude deserve a distinction for using Nigeria as a case study for corruption. Nigeria is synonymous with the word corruption.
I concur with you, but I pray things change for better
Re: Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? by yhemsy62(m): 7:02am On Dec 11, 2015
EVILFOREST:
Sai BUHARI
which planet are you from?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara Assembly Abolishes Law Paying Ex Governors Allowances / Police Parade 3 'IPOB' Suspects For Bombing Wike's Father's Church (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Is Ready To Deliver 4th Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.