Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 (28928 Views)

Rev King May Escape Death By Hanging - Justice, Adeniji Kazeem / Serial Zimbabwe Rapist Sentenced To 72 Years, Begs For Death Sentence / Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Fate Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by viviangist: 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
The judgement on the appeal filed by the General Overseer, Christian Praying Assembly (CPA), Rev. Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, a.k.a Reverend King, challenging the judgement of a Lagos High Court sentencing him to death by hanging, was on Thursday, fixed for February 26, 2016, by the Supreme Court sitting in Abuja.
The apex court presided over by Justice Walter Onoghen adjourned for judgment after entertaining arguments from counsel to prosecution and defence in the matter.

Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Adeniji Kazeem, who appeared before the Supreme Court alongside the Director of Public Prosecution, Mrs Idowu Alakija and other Senior Counsel in the State, urged the court to dismiss the appeal and uphold the judgment of the lower courts.

Ezeugo was arraigned on September 26, 2006 on a six-count charge of attempted murder and murder
He pleaded not guilty to the allegation but was sentenced to death by the then Justice Joseph Oyewole of Lagos State High Court, Ikeja, on January 11, 2007 for the murder of one of his church members, Ann Uzoh.

Justice Oyewole is now a judge of the Appeal Court sitting in the Calabar division.

The Lagos State Government had said that the convict poured petrol on the deceased and five other persons and that Uzoh died on August 2, 2006; 11 days after the act was perpetrated on her.

Specifically, Ezeugo was convicted and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for the attempted murder and death by hanging for the offence of murder.

Dissatisfied, Ezeugo challenged the verdict before the Court of Appeal in Lagos, but the appeal was thrown out.

“I hereby rule that the prosecution effectively discharged the burden of proof on it. This appeal is devoid of any basis and accordingly fails.

“The judgment of the High Court is hereby affirmed, and the conviction imposed on the appellant, (which is death by hanging) is also affirmed,” Justice Fatimo Akinbami who read the judgement held.

The two other members of the panel of Justices, Amina Augie and Ibrahim Saulawa concurred with the lead judgement.

Again, Ezeugo not being satisfied with the verdict, approached the Supreme Court, and urged that the judgment be upturned.

The apex court has now reserved judgment till February 26, 2016.

Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/supreme-court-decides-rev-kings-death-sentence-feb-26/

Cc; Lalasticlala

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2015

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by 20bc(m): 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
So you mean this lunatic is still alive, I thought one don in prison would have snuff the life out of this !diot after raping his àss wide open....

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
so that guy still dey sef...
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by fabulous660(m): 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
wat ever he does, karma has caught up wit him. No turning back, he must pay for all his atrocity.

Have u visited www.cashrange.com today for latest financial update?
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by damton(m): 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
is King still Alive?

I thought they've fed his carcass to the vultures.
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by anochuko01(m): 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
g
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by informative: 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
Awful
am selling two brand new yampounding machine one is a large size machine while the other is medium size save your housevthe stress of pounding dont treat your wife like a slave presently at Akure for pictures and auction whatsapp thanks 0706 878 2269 large size yam pounder =25 000 medimsize=20 000 no bargaining purchase of the two productd offers you one of my promo gift whatsapp now

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Shedysworld(m): 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
So this case has not ended, It's been years now
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by politricks: 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2015
Our justice system is frustrating. This case has been ongoing for around ten years now and there is still no end to it but if it was one poor man that stole 10k now, they will sentence him to death immediately. Surely all men are equal but one is more equal than the other.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by hobermener: 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2015
T
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by UncleSnr(m): 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2015

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Monalisa185(f): 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
lol. dah picture tho...#wicked cheesy
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by RichDad1(m): 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
So this cannibal never die?
End time Pastorprenuer

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Ezerbullet(m): 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
Karma will just hide somewhere and attack when u least expect it
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by ibkgab001: 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
Once you killed by sword .. you shall die by sword

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by VivianBlogs: 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
[url=starttells.com]viviangist[/url] Says GIGO

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
ALL THESE YEARS, STILL IN JAIL? I THOUGHT HE'S BEEN WASTED LONG AGO

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by labamo07(m): 11:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
Yeye dey smell. As if I trust the judiciary. They only discharge their duties on the weak and the poor...............

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Judolisco(m): 11:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
I thought this story was a myth...dem Neva finish dis case since haba 9ja
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
What? He's still in jail?
I thought they've executed him since.
This Nigeria sef.
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Balkan(m): 11:47pm On Dec 10, 2015
Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by martineverest(m): 11:47pm On Dec 10, 2015
Since 2007?. Thought this man was dead... Could recollect his sperm drinking saga
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by VivianBlogs: 11:47pm On Dec 10, 2015
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by rattlesnake(m): 11:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
abolish capital punishment
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
britzz:
ALL THESE YEARS, STILL IN JAIL? I THOUGHT HE'S BEEN WASTED LONG AGO
Same here o. When I saw the name king, I thought it was his younger brother sef.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by seankay(m): 11:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
Rev King is still alive? why is he scared to go to the place he sent Ann?

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by olafum1(m): 11:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
cheesy
Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
Balkan:
Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm.
Who is the anointed? Rev king?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha #Wonderful

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 by teebaxy(m): 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
I don't like the sound of death sentence

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Robbers Who Rob Women Living Alone In Umuahia, Abia State, Nabbed / Man Stabs His Co-Tenant To Death In Osun. Suspect Found Dead Hours Later / Kidnapper Shot Dead In Ogun State After Gun Battle With Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.