Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Farmers In Imo State - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farmers In Imo State (6381 Views)

FG Procures N646m Farming Equipments For Farmers In SouthEast / Badagry Farmers Dance While Hanging On Bamboo Stick (Photos, Video) / Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farmers In Imo State by Pavore9: 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
Munzy14:
@pavore9 nice thread. u know how we do. #wehdonesir#

We just need to tap opportunities around us, not waiting for the perfect "weather".
Re: Farmers In Imo State by hunda: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
@Pavore9 thanks for this thread, it's going to help those of us from Imo understand that space is not a hindrance if creativity comes to play. Like the veggies you rightly talked about can you shed more light on it, am currently reading your vertical sack farming. i see owerri is one big hub for it.
Re: Farmers In Imo State by Pavore9: 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2017
hunda:
@Pavore9 thanks for this thread, it's going to help those of us from Imo understand that space is not a hindrance if creativity comes to play. Like the veggies you rightly talked about can you shed more light on it, am currently reading your vertical sack farming. i see owerri is one big hub for it.

Lots of opportunities untapped as the market is there waiting to take up harvests.

1 Like

Re: Farmers In Imo State by ifeanyig: 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
Prosperity4All:

I want to believe that this thread is not about Imo indigenes involved in farming but rather about farm practices/ opportunities in Imo state.

So it would help to see information in that regard dropped here. For instance someone posting details of Acres of Land in a remote area going for N300k/ Acre or less will help stimulate Agriculture in Imo and the East.

I would also like to see us discuss access to market. Where is the market for farm produce located in the East or how do eastern farms transport their produce to market timely and cheap. [b]For instance, besides cheap lands, the attraction to farming in Ogun state is the proximity to the market, Mile 12 Lagos.[/b]

In the meantime am porting to Ogun state for reason above by next month, January.

[color=#990000][/color] Hello House.. New to Nairaland. Am interested in this topic greatly as i just started a plantain field in Owerri.
As @Prosperity4All noted i am interested to gain information about access to market, profitable farm produces and how to easily scale the farming challenges here. Am reside in Lagos, so its been tough. Anyone here know how to scale Plantain production and sales?

Looking forward to relevant information that will be shared here.

Re: Farmers In Imo State by okoroemeka(m): 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
Pavore9:

It is cheap for that price. Just make sure you get secured documentation when buying so that no umanna can pop up with some claims. Keep away from cassava farming and focus on veggies such as spinach, lettuce, cabbage, spring onions, aubergine (eggplants), cucumber, herbs and spices as these are where the real money is.
you forgot fresh pepper,another money minting veggie
Re: Farmers In Imo State by okoroemeka(m): 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
ifeanyig:

[color=#990000][/color] Hello House.. New to Nairaland. Am interested in this topic greatly as i just started a plantain field in Owerri.
As @Prosperity4All noted i am interested to gain information about access to market, profitable farm produces and how to easily scale the farming challenges here. Am reside in Lagos, so its been tough. Anyone here know how to scale Plantain production and sales?

Looking forward to relevant information that will be shared here.
I strongly advice you to port your plantain farm to giant Cavendish banana,bananas are more finacialy viable than plantain,an average head from that variety retails at 4-5000k,but the problems is that the suckers are costly,contact SEEDWORLD for further clarification.
Re: Farmers In Imo State by okoroemeka(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
cucumber sack farm in Okigwe area, imo state

Re: Farmers In Imo State by whirlwind7(m): 3:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
okoroemeka:
cucumber sack farm in Okigwe area, imo state

Nice.
How's farmland prices in Okigwe? Any ideas?
Re: Farmers In Imo State by okoroemeka(m): 12:29am On Feb 01, 2019
whirlwind7:

Nice.
How's farmland prices in Okigwe? Any ideas?
we are actually closing a deal for 100 plots of land around NIHORT institute area at 80k per plot,it's being bought by a lady farmer based in US,what she wants to do with such land I have no idea but whatever it is I will be part of it
Re: Farmers In Imo State by whirlwind7(m): 6:51am On Feb 01, 2019
okoroemeka:
we are actually closing a deal for 100 plots of land around NIHORT institute area at 80k per plot,it's being bought by a lady farmer based in US,what she wants to do with such land I have no idea but whatever it is I will be part of it

Sounds great.

For someone serious about mechanized agriculture on a commercial scale, 100 plots isn't outrageous. This is less than 20 acres.
Re: Farmers In Imo State by whirlwind7(m): 6:52am On Feb 01, 2019
okoroemeka:

Sounds great.

For someone serious about mechanized agriculture on a commercial scale, 100 plots isn't outrageous. This is less than 20 acres.
I'm looking for between 10 to 20 plots.
Re: Farmers In Imo State by teaandteea: 7:07am On Feb 01, 2019
we provide bulldozer clearing and tractor services
ploughing 20k per hectare.
harrowing 18k per hectare.
ridging 18k per hectare.
we provide service for mechanized maize planting, cowpea and soya beans e.t.c
you can also contact us for your harvesting of crops like maize. e.t.c using combined harvester
these rates are negotiable depending on the type and size of land you want to work on.
We do all d job to your satisfaction.
contact us on : 08125193014.

1 Like

Re: Farmers In Imo State by Nazylov: 4:46pm On May 08, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
okoroemeka:

This sounds great.
I am actually new here, I am interested in farming of veggies, pepper and plantain. I don't mind partnership as I am a newbie In farming, however, i have 6yrs of previous experience (2003-2010) of rice farming, yam, beans, onions and poultry and i stopped.
I am from Mbaise, if i can get 10-20plots of land at an affordable rate, i would appreciate.
Thanks all
Re: Farmers In Imo State by okoroemeka(m): 7:24pm On May 08, 2020
Nazylov:
[color=#006600][/color]

This sounds great.
I am actually new here, I am interested in farming of veggies, pepper and plantain. I don't mind partnership as I am a newbie In farming, however, i have 6yrs of previous experience (2003-2010) of rice farming, yam, beans, onions and poultry and i stopped.
I am from Mbaise, if i can get 10-20plots of land at an affordable rate, i would appreciate.
Thanks all
chat me on whataspp 08119942049 let's talk
Re: Farmers In Imo State by ekstopher: 2:00am On May 09, 2020
I think you suys should also read this on managing risks in plantain farming

https://www.nairaland.com/5832460/3-tips-manage-risks-plantain
Re: Farmers In Imo State by Nazylov: 8:00pm On May 09, 2020
[quote author=Nazylov post=89369865]chat me on whataspp 08119942049 let's talk

Ok
Re: Farmers In Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:55am On May 24, 2020
okoroemeka:
chat me on whataspp 08119942049 let's talk

Please, as someone who has resided in Imo for a long time, what crops will be profitable to plant in Imo.

I made enquiry fee weeks ago and the answers were not too encouraging. Although I was adviced to go into agro processing rather than production.

So, aside cucumbers (I've done cucumber in Lagos, I need a new challenge), what fast growing crops or agro-based business do you think someone in Imo state can go into?

Thanks
Re: Farmers In Imo State by whirlwind7(m): 5:19am On May 28, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, as someone who has resided in Imo for a long time, what crops will be profitable to plant in Imo.

I made enquiry fee weeks ago and the answers were not too encouraging. Although I was adviced to go into agro processing rather than production.

So, aside cucumbers (I've done cucumber in Lagos, I need a new challenge), what fast growing crops or agro-based business do you think someone in Imo state can go into?

Thanks

okoroemeka, can you make some input here, pls.
Re: Farmers In Imo State by okoroemeka(m): 6:03am On May 28, 2020
whirlwind7:

okoroemeka, can you make some input here, pls.
from our own perspective and the crops farmers are actively cashing out on apart from cucumbers are garden eggplant and fresh pepper,okra could have made the cut but it takes long to mature(60 days)and don't last,unlike garen eggplant and prppsr that will be harvested with proper management for months.
Re: Farmers In Imo State by okoroemeka(m): 6:10am On May 28, 2020
We are currently transplanting pepper on 2 acres,but from one plot and half eggplant farm we have started harvesting can give you insight to possible returns,we used a total of #30k to set up the site to harvesting,after the first picking and 4 harvests in 16 -20 days the money spent on the farm is already down and the farm will still be harvested till September-october.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEMA Raises Alarm Over Looming Food Scarcity, Famine In Ekiti / Seed And Fertilizer Planter @reasonable Price / Spent Grain ( Brewery Waste )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.