Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State (1475 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken / 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Abuzola(m): 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2009
Lagos state government warns mosque and churches in d state of disturbing the environment with noise
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Abuzola(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2009
From PM newspaper, it says any mosque or church caught in the act will face due measure
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Lagosboy: 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2009
Does this include the adhan?
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Abuzola(m): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2009
I think so, the govt said it should be low and not cause noise pollution
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Lagosboy: 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2009
How can 2 min adhan cos noise pollution when its main essence is to make people aware of the salah
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by sosisi(f): 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2009
Abuzola:

Lagos state government warns mosque and churches in d state of disturbing the environment with noise

This is wonderful!
I hope it also applies to that early morning call for prayer.
The mosque members ought to buy wristwatches and alarms to remind them when to go and pray and the Churches  and mosques ought to leave their loudspeakers inside.
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by sosisi(f): 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2009
Lagosboy:

Does this include the adhan?

Do you mean that loud noise from mosques early in ethe morning.
I hope Fashola has banned it too.
Do you know how annoying it is to be dreaming of someone about to dash you money and suddenly you're woken up to reality by a loudspeaker from a Mosque without receiving the money. grin
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Abuzola(m): 12:17am On Jun 05, 2009
U know what osisi, i think fashola is try to go beyond d boundary and we won't accept it
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Abuzola(m): 12:21am On Jun 05, 2009
If fashola is truly a muslim like he claimed during election he should get the scope of adhan and not Eyo festival
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by sosisi(f): 2:45am On Jun 05, 2009
Abuzola:

If fashola is truly a muslim like he claimed during election he should get the scope of adhan and not Eyo festival

Fashola is still a Muslim but he understands that Lagos is a secular state so he shouldn't let religion ruin his commonsense.
Church loudspeakers must be confined inside the Church and the Mosques must not have loudspeakers outside the mosque.
Mosques in America don't have sounds blaring out in the wee hours of the morning,yet there are devout Muslims here and they know when to show up to pray unless you're telling me Nigerian Muslims are daft and can't figure out when to gather for prayers.
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by sosisi(f): 2:56am On Jun 05, 2009
Fashola is not your typical Muslim though.

speaking about imposing taxes on Churches and religious organizations.

Governor Fashola declared, . "Here I am, a Muslim, my father is a Muslim, my mother is Anglican, my wife is Catholic and my siblings are of the pentecostal faith”, adding that the issue must be separated from sentiment and emotion.
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Abuzola(m): 6:22am On Jun 05, 2009
d tradition is adhan shud b done with loud noise, it is call for prayer, it reminds muslims and a prayer is attach to it
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by muhsin(m): 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2009
If it includes Ahdan then the thing is not well thought of. Its rather a senseless act, for Ahdan doesn't normally last for more than 3 mins. maximum.
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2009
muhsin:

If it includes Ahdan then the thing is not well thought of. Its rather a senseless act, for Ahdan doesn't normally last for more than 3 mins. maximum.

but it would have been "well thought of" and "sensible" if he had simply restricted it to churches right?
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by muhsin(m): 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2009
davidylan:

but it would have been "well thought of" and "sensible" if he had simply restricted it to churches right?

Did I say this?
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2009
muhsin:

Did I say this?

you really didnt have to spell it out, its obvious you wouldnt have cared a hoot if he had simply made the directive to churches only.
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by muhsin(m): 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2009
A fortune, future or mind teller? I don't know which name would suitably describe your action, David.

On serious note; why should I care? But be very sincere you yourself; who disturbs people most between Muslim mosques and Christian churches? The latter, of course, with all your hymns, doxologies, canticle and the likes, which are accompanied with either heavy claps and/or musics. Be fair and just. It costs nothing to be so.

But we Muslims do mostly only call for prayers, i.e. ahdan. Though some mosques render other "services" like recitation of the Holy Qur'an, studying hadith and the likes. All these don't require the use of microphone and ample fires.

Moreover, Lagos is a Muslims majority state.
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Abuzola(m): 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2009
*Folds hand to see how david will foolishly react to the penultimate message*
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by JJYOU: 6:36pm On Jun 05, 2009
$osisi:

Do you mean that loud noise from mosques early in ethe morning.
I hope Fashola has banned it too.
Do you know how annoying it is to be dreaming of someone about to dash you money and suddenly you're woken up to reality by a loudspeaker from a Mosque without receiving the money. grin
you no go kill person with laughter this woman. wetin we do you?

if u tot lagos was bad try ibadan. you will hear their noise right inside the church service as early as 6am
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by MrCrackles(m): 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2009
Topic

About time!

People need to stop taking the fucking piss in the name of religion

And this applies to all religions who dont show and have never shown consideration for other people's desire for peace and serenity! angry
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by sosisi(f): 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

About time!

People need to stop taking the fucking piss in the name of religion

And this applies to all religions who dont show and have never shown consideration for other people's desire for peace and serenity! angry

I hope you don't grow bia bia and change your stance
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by sosisi(f): 8:36pm On Jun 05, 2009
JJYOU:

[b]you no go kill person with laughter this woman. wetin we do you?[/b]if u tot lagos was bad try ibadan. you will hear their noise right inside the church service as early as 6am

LOL
I think the next major investment in Nigeria after a mosque is built,is a high powered public address system like you never heard before
I don't know if they import them specially from Mecca
I feel sorry for anyone that lives close to a mosque or Church in Nigeria
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2009
muhsin:

On serious note; why should I care? But be very sincere you yourself; who disturbs people most between Muslim mosques and Christian churches? The latter, of course, with all your hymns, doxologies, canticle and the likes, which are accompanied with either heavy claps and/or musics. Be fair and just. It costs nothing to be so.

How do they disturb you unless you go inside? Do they disturb your spirit because i notice muslims HATE christian worship . . . nothing to do with the noise.

muhsin:

But we Muslims do mostly only call for prayers, i.e. ahdan. Though some mosques render other "services" like recitation of the Holy Qur'an, studying hadith and the likes. All these don't require the use of microphone and ample fires.

i remember one that used to wake me up every 5 am as a child. Absolutely detestable.

muhsin:

Really? another one who will soon be advocating for sharia.

No Lagos isnt majority muslim . . . u're deluded.
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by MrCrackles(m): 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2009
$osisi:

I hope you don't grow bia bia and change your stance

Brashy wont look sexy in bia bia! grin
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by bawomolo(m): 12:15am On Jun 06, 2009
good development. noise pollution is a serious issue.

that includes those microphone preachers and children book sellers who won't let us rest
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by littleb(m): 9:10am On Jun 06, 2009
Let govt decide what is better for the society and see which faith will affect most. To be just, christians disturb most, with prayers all nights, singing and all sort of right beside my window. Even, you notice them right in your class disturbing with all sort of music and preaching, even inside commercial buses. I believe Lagos state Govt is thinking best for our society to free from all sort of noise pollution and religious extreme coloration that is not necessary. However, muslims are not left out; there is no where it is recorded in the sunnah that you gather people loudly disturbing with speakers all night in the name of Tahjud or any programs. In my opinnion, what is expected from Govt is regulation and not absolute banning, probably on time based and for night program, there speakers should be limit to inside the mosque or church and not outside.
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by muhsin(m): 11:15am On Jun 06, 2009
@littleb,

Very fair input.

@David,

You are dogmatized! grin
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by reindeer: 11:49pm On Jun 06, 2009
its unfortunate people arent seeing this law for what its truly is

this isn't a contest for who makes most noise, this is a law that seeks to give lagosians peace!its a law that seeks to limit noise pollution from whatever source.
Personally i find the morning calls to prayer irritating no less than the church night vigils that try to take your sleep.

Everyone should be allowed their rest when they want it ok? Let muslims buy alarm clocks and let christians only have loudspeakers INSIDE the church.

Im a christian but not a deluded one, noise is bad anyway you look at it so lets stop taking it as a affront against any religion, its just common sense.
its not about to stop muslims from rising to pray, those who wont pray wont even if you blare the horns in their ears.
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by No2Atheism(m): 5:18am On Jun 07, 2009
muhsin:

A fortune, future or mind teller? I don't know which name would suitably describe your action, David.

shocked shocked shocked shocked LMAO LOL , some people have been smelling other people's ass too much during friday prayers, LOL LOL LOL

Yes i know muslims can be quite irrational and liars, but to claim this in Lagos.

With Lagos being the fake christian capital of Nigeria, men

Truly islam has to be propagated either by:

- violence
- suppression of minority by muslim majority
- bribing

Hence am not suprised that one person is already trying to claim muslim majority even when it is blatantly false, even a blind man can see that Lagos practical stops on Sunday, yet it Lagos is business as usual on Friday.

LOL LOL
LOL LOL
LOL LOL
LOL LOL
LOL LOL
LOL LOL
LOL LOL
LOL LOL
LOL LOL
LOL LOL
LOL LOL

tell me something else to make me laugh abeg.
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by olabowale(m): 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2009
@No2Atheism: Lagos is not based on the number of churches and not on the what I will refer to "Awon Omo atowun rewa." Thats yoruba idiom for you. If you don't know the meaning better ask somebody.

But I will give you an example: In Ibadan, the Ijebus are so many that they have significance in that ancient "village." The rose through the rank of chieftancy to "almost" become an "Olubadan." Have they? No. Do the indigenous Ibadan agree that the ijebus in Ibadan are Ibadan people? No, regardless of how many generations they may be. Ibadans are truly by bloodline history. So the Ijebus will always be traced back to outside Ibadan, city, towns and villages (Ijebuland) on the way to Lagos.

Do you get it now? Lagos belong to those who have real Lagos blood. Not the transcients. At the end of the day, their family names betray their origin. Its like being a new yorker. It belongs to those Mayflower people.

If Lagos is not Islamic city, I wonder if Ibadan is, or if Ijebu Ode is, etc? Or if Epe or Ikorodu is?
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by tpiah: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2009
are you sure Ibadan is a good example to use.

Ibadan started as a war camp and the original inhabitants were Egba from present Ogun state.

Just an observation.

olabowale:

@No2Atheism: Lagos is not based on the number of churches and not on the what I will refer to "Awon Omo atowun rewa." Thats yoruba idiom for you. If you don't know the meaning better ask somebody.

But I will give you an example: In Ibadan, the Ijebus are so many that they have significance in that ancient "village." The rose through the rank of chieftancy to "almost" become an "Olubadan." Have they? No. Do the indigenous Ibadan agree that the ijebus in Ibadan are Ibadan people? No, regardless of how many generations they may be. Ibadans are truly by bloodline history. So the Ijebus will always be traced back to outside Ibadan, city, towns and villages (Ijebuland) on the way to Lagos.

Do you get it now? Lagos belong to those who have real Lagos blood. Not the transcients. At the end of the day, their family names betray their origin. Its like being a new yorker. It belongs to those Mayflower people.

If Lagos is not Islamic city, I wonder if Ibadan is, or if Ijebu Ode is, etc? Or if Epe or Ikorodu is?
Re: Lagos State Government Cautioned Mosque In The State by ttruth(m): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2010
I will like Fashola to do me one favour. Ban the early morning screaming which the Muhammedans(muslims) do in the name of prayer. We are tired of noise pollutions and noise pollutants (Muhammedans).

Deja vu never ends !!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

A Muslimah And A Queen / Did Prophet Isa Really Die? / The Views Of Ahlus Sunnah Towards The Sahaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.