Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

|**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| (1032 Views)

* * * Body Bag Entertainment: ~ Peindanzo Vs Obesemf ~ * * * / |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Quarter-Final Fixtures|**| / |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

|**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by Guykhena(m): 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
[size=15pt]Jason21 Vs Obesemf [/size]
Topic:The Event That Shaped Me .
It is purely narrative,everyone at one point in time have experienced turn around events,that situation/circumstance/scenario that set you on the course you are right now in life.
Your verse should be detailed,how it took place and how you came out of it a different person.

Criteria
Creativity - 2 points

Entertainment - 2 points

Rhymes - 2 points

Flow - 1 point

Consistency on Topic - 3 points

Vocabulary - 2 points

Emotion - 2 point

Imagery - 2 points

Your verses MUST be in line with the topic.

*The maximum number of lines for each verse should be 24Lines.

*Deadline is 6pm, 11 December 2015

*Verses should be posted by both battlers on or not later than the deadline date.

*No biting, swaying, stretching, feeding or recycling.

*No complaining about votes.

*A no show attracts a ban.

*No unnecessary comments.

*No arguments with established vets OR voters.

*Only Judges and Vets are allowed to vote.

Goodluck...
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by Jason21(m): 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
check........
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by obesemf(m): 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
Jason21:
check........
bruh, just left the exam hall, gimme an hour
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by obesemf(m): 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
when the expo doesn't appear, what do you do?
how do u feel if the lecturer brought questions outta the blue?
do you read through and see the little u can do?
or you sit like me, and cry like animals in the zoo?

double back pocket trousers, i remember the belt was Fendy
dressed all trendy, wouldn't let anyone offend me
_fuck a textbook, i'll rather read the label on the Henny
why learn books on a friday night, when i can muster another bedroom skill
why not drink beer, while i have the questions on my phone still?
saturday night was good, i still remember the woman who poured the first beer.....
I still have digits, Airmark...should i drop it here
I still remember when Nancy joined me while i took my bath
I still remember when Jreyez called, reminding me I had to learn the math
Sunday, the eve before the paper, sat down to study the expo
crammed it so hard, i could hit my head and hear the answers echo shocked
learnt nothing else,
couldn't see the authors of other books, dust had covered them on the shelf
those questions were guaranteed, why ask God for help?
monday came, in the exam hall, these questions, how do i solve them?
why the _fuck am i seeing calculus when the lecturer said three set problem
looked to my right, thought the nigga could help me like a true rider
till i noticed his pen top looked like it had been fed to a tiger
didn't complain when i saw the F while checking my results
now i just frown back when people ask why im taking my mattress to the library angry

4 Likes

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by Jason21(m): 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2015
i received the diagnosis/ 3 months left to live….. can’t believe this prognosis/
i’ve tried every treatment…from herbal leaves to hypnosis/ but with this steady feel of psychosis/
it has to be the end….my bleedin mind knows it/ with every breath, death proceeds to get closer/
heartbeat gettin slower/ the pains of be-in a loner/ coz i desperately need a friend….to lean on his shoulder/
life!....once a street gangsta ballin/ exhibitin youthful anger, brawlings….amid weed and ganja puffin/
but now it’s cancer callin/ an ashtray full of my favourite sin …..memories of the last pack played again/
my clothes stained from the aroma….how I craved the scent!/ …….even though it ain’t decent/
voices in my head too would scream/ remindin me of my tobacco fume laced dreams../ at a swift flip of my thumb, the lighter fueled my greed/
and it got even hotter with a shot of whiskey/ takin scott was risky/… didn’t only got me tipsy/
but cracked me up completely……like bob and whitney/ my life was a misery….. ”the curse”, my father used to call me/ .........
“with satan you choose to frolic/ nothin good comes off it/ soon, you’ll be a concluded topic”/ ………..and still i’d resume the puffin/
i was spinnin at a million rotations in a minute with no slowin down/ since the beginnin, no occasion saw me grinnin, just ongoin frown/
now it seemed my guts was blowin out......as i felt a sudden flash in my eyes/ and started on a path through the skies/
…like a bat on a flight/ my head tinged with pressure/ and i felt it was fever/ as my whole body was edgin to seizure/
then i saw me surrounded by winged creatures/ …..they are sons of the light/ awesome and bright….
one said ‘this one has been dropped off to die/ it appears he was lost from inside/ his sins can cost him his life/
but we shall get the boss to decide/’
...i was so touched that i cried/ ’Lord, I’m lost without ur guidance, please clean up my life/
i dearly need your advice/ help me succeed in this fight/…if a concept could save me, i’d conceive it tonight/
let me lean on your side/ i need a second chance, i plead to thee, Christ!/
then i felt a peaceful relief/
all my pains ceased to exist/ and just before i could speak.... "son, your life was not pictured with a sequence as this/
fight against addictions....try to be a Christian....become the most fluent of men/ for as you do yourself,
is what you'll do unto them"/

when ur past is unpleasantly done/ the present would becomes… a state of decay, in hate and in pain…..
with ur chest feelin numb/ your fate starts breakin away, and after it’s maimed and it’s frayed, and u might be layin next to the gun/….

3 Likes

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by Guykhena(m): 7:06pm On Dec 11, 2015
Open For Votes..
Judges
Sinizia
Funlord
Alexpissu
Reyginus
Adanna28
Kr0ne
Guykhena
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by 007Bruce: 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
Don demarco!!
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by funlord(m): 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
lipsrsealed

This battle looks quite impressive @ 1st glance! Make I digest am some more because this high wan corrupt my verd!!!
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2015
Creativity Obesemf
Entertainment Obesemf
Rhymes Jason
Flow Jason
Consistency Obesemf
Vocabulary Jason
Emotion Jason
Imagery Jason
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by kr0ne(m): 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
Creativity - Tie
Entertainment - Obesemf
Rhymes - Jason21
Flow - Obesemf
Consistency - Tie
Vocabulary - Jason
Emotion Jason21
Imagery - Jason21

I think Jason went deep on this one. He satisfied the topic, as explained by the Op, better than his opponent. His story was amazing but I believe he could have done better with the closer.

MVGT - Jason21!

1 Like

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by funlord(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
lipsrsealed

These 2 chaps went hard, but I felt obesemf was more potent as regards painting a picture with words! Check these 'poetic bars';

"crammed it so hard, i could hit my head and hear the answers echo"

"till i noticed his pen top looked like it had been
fed to a tiger"

"_fuck a textbook, i'll rather read the label on
the Henny"!

The range of emotions from the various graphs were impressive! Sometimes funny, other times sad, tinged with regret and redemption! It captured the essence of what this tourney has been about FOR ME so far!

But then jason21 comes in with these haymakers:

"but now it’s cancer callin/ an ashtray full of my favourite sin …..memories of the last pack
played again/"

cracked me up completely……like bob and
whitney/ my life was a misery….. ”the curse”,
my father used to call me/ ........."

"saw me surrounded by winged creatures/
they are sons of the light/ awesome and
bright…. one said ‘this one has been dropped
off to die/

it appears he was lost from inside/ his sins can
cost him his life/ but we shall get the boss to decide/’...i was so touched that i cried/ ’Lord, I’m lost without ur guidance, please clean up my life/"

Jason21 stayed on topic throughout each graph and his poem took me back to "snoop doggs murder was the case" on some levels, (dear god I wonder can you save me?).....near death experience, angels, a convo about your destiny, cancer? Men, the issue worry the guy! And I felt his pain........

MVGT: Jason21

Good battle!

1 Like

Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by sinizia: 10:02am On Dec 12, 2015
Dòpe battle from both ninjas who brought the heat with their bars. Obesemf's drop was tight as hell, but for better imagery, emotion and vocabulary, Jason21 wins this for me.

MVGT: Jason21
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by Guykhena(m): 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2015
Jason21 delivered in every aspect and he gave me exactly what I wanted and still kept it hip-hop,Obese not so much..

MVGT-Jason21
Re: |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]-Quarter-Finals= Jason21 Vs Obesemf|**| by Guykhena(m): 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2015
Closed.
Jason21 wins and advances to the Semi-Finals...

(1) (Reply)

Danger-zone. . .rapacme Vs Leomi / Spottie Vs Ravenzord / Cj Wins 'lags Finest 2' Rap Battles. Cj Becomes 2008 Battle Rap Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.