Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy (53764 Views)

FUNAAB Workers Fry Akara, Celebrate Suspension Of Vice Chancellor (Photo) / Little Lagos Boy Who Swore He Wants To Be A Yahoo Boy Starts School (photo) / Nigerian Institution With The Highest Yahoo Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by JayJustus(m): 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
***grabs live chicken with orijin***

4 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by Ahmed0336(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
Where you? Come finish wetin u start o angryThe next week came and was about to submit my assignment to my HOC when I met the guy that copied my work the previous week. “Baba I don dey find you since,”... Op how you take finish with landlord wey i dey see dis for ur write up?
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by pussygotlips: 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
I hate reading new story.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
onismate:
story begins................

You are here: Home Stories on Episode Confessions of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo---- Episode 1
Confessions of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo---- Episode 1
Created on Friday, 11 December 2015 18:11 | Written by Christian C. Ozor
All Rights Reserved: No part of this work; either in parts or in whole should and it’s licensed to any Organization or person in any format; electronic or otherwise without permission of the author.

The quotes, plots, events, characters, names and all its contents are properties of the author. Any names, places and events of this story relating to a person or people; living or dead is a “coincidence.”

Author of this work is Christian C. Ozor

www.hovabuzz.com

This book is sold for N200

follow our updates on this website. You can purchase the full story in "PDF" or "word format" for just N200. you can pay with airtime (recharge cards).. 08137831811 (whatsapp) or email onismate@gmail.com to get your copy. Your copy will be sent to you within 10 minutes of payment.

Confessions of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy;

The Tales Of Gbadebo

I had always looked at myself as a child of promise. Even my mom use to say it; That when I was born, the chief Iman of Ilorin came and prayed for me. He prophesied into my life that I will do well and achieve great things at a very young age. He also said that my parents will be elevated. But now am wondering what has gone wrong about those prophesies? What is holding them back? Why has it not come to pass. The worse part of it is that my dad died when I was 5. The elevation prophesy sef, even if say e come, na only my mama go come chop inside! Or maybe the gods are punishing my family because we later converted from Muslim to Christian religion!

All that were my thought. My heart was bitter. I just dey regret. Na who send me go write JAMB! Na who send me go even write the FUNAAB Post UTME! If I had known I would have saved that money and use it for better things as my mother had suggested. I no hear. Na so I use the money go write JAMB. And that would be the second time I was writing JAMB and passing through, yet no money for tuition fees. No money to further. I wrote one the previous year and choose University of Ibadan. I passed the Jamb but there was no common N3000 to process my Post UTME. Chaiiii, poverty bad. I encouraged myself. My mom had earlier said I should give up on going to school, that there was no money to see me through. Yes, I saw her point but I was hoping for a miracle to happen. I was just believing that I would just see a tree full of money and start plucking them. Or maybe meeting a helper that would say, “Let me just train you through your higher institution.”

I had saved up to N45, 000 the past year. I gave my best at where I worked just to see I save money for my school. My mom who was into Akara business. She had been complaining about her eye problem. Out of the N45,000, I gave her N12,000 to go for treatment. Money don short nah. But I was determined that I won’t lose that admission. I must enter university this time. No going back, whether money dey or not.

That was how my mom nearly closed down her Akara business that she was raising fund for me to go to school. She borrowed N27, 000 from the cooperative group she was. Plus the one I had. I went to Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta (Funaab), paid my admission acceptance fee, school fees and other fees. We never even start to dey talk accommodation sef. The guy I was squatting with had graduated and he was leaving the room the next weekend. I had earlier asked if he would leave some few things for me. He said he couldn’t, that he needed money badly so he wants to sell them. Even if the guy leave am for me, how I wan take pay for accommodation sef! He has really tried. I met him when I came to write my post UTME. I didn’t even know anybody in Abeokuta. But he was God sent. He harboured me for 4 days and I still came back, he was still harbouring me. He said the rent would be due the next two weeks.

So after paying the necessary fees, I had to go back home to sort myself on accommodation and feeding, refresh and come back to campus fully the next week to resume.

When I got home, things were not so good at all. My mom was down with malaria. I know say she go don dey think how she go take pay back the money wey she borrow from cooperative. And even her crumbling business, coupled with all the irony of life. I only had N430 left with me at that moment inside my pocket. I had to rush to the chemist shop to get my mom drugs. I called one of our relatives in Offa and updated her on what was happening to my mom.

3 days later, it seemed my mom was recovering gradually. I withdrew the last N5, 000 in my account and went to buy provisions and food stuffs. There was nothing much at home. At least, even if say person poor, that does not mean say we no go chop better food.

A day before travelling back to Abeokuta, I went to the place I worked before leaving. My former Oga wey like me wella. He gave me N2,000. I told him I was going back to school. Some of my paddies still dash me small money. I calculated everything and it amounted to N3, 450.

“Gbadebo! Gbadebo!!” my mom called. I was outside chatting with a friend when he called. I came into the room. “Gbadebo,” she said. “Ma,” I answered. She brought out some squeezed naira notes from the edge of her wrapper were she tied it. She handed them over to me. I counted them and It was N3, 500. “Kosi owo. Manage elei.” She said I should manage it that there was no money. Infact, she even tried. I couldn’t say anything. As I took the money, I went to bed to sleep, thinking of how my 4 year journey would look like in Funaab with my poverty condition.

The next morning, I arranged my only travelling bag, which doubles as my school bag. I only had few clothes which I inserted into the bag, with the only foot wear I had, my pam slippers, na im I go wear go back. “I am going to school.” person wey see me go think say I dey joke. Na only 2 trousers and 5 shirts wey I get I put inside my bag. I didn’t have time to buy many things because I was saving to go to school. The only mobile phone we had, a small touchlight phone. I had to leave it with my mom. I told her I would be calling from a business center. It was better for me that way so I could be reaching out to her rather than me taking the phone to school.

I looked my mom into the eye as I was about leaving for the park. She looked worried seeing me leave. “I guessed she was worried how I would cope.” I hugged her and left to the park where I would be boarding a car to Ibadan. As I entered one of the cars going to Ibadan, I wasn’t happy. My heart was filled with too many weird thoughts that I didn’t even know when the car got filled up, I paid and we left.

On the road to Ibadan, “I thought about my life.” After paying for my transportation, I was only left with N4,450. We never get to Ibadan ooo. I have not even talked about my accommodation. Where will I even stay? How will I feed sef? And I go even pay transport go school. As all those thoughts were flipping through my mind, tears ran down my eyes. The woman sitting close to me was the one that even called my attention. She asked what was wrong with me that I shed tears. And we were sitting at the front seat opposite the driver. I had to bring out my handkerchief from my pocket and whipped my face. I don’t even know what to tell the woman. I wished she was Jesus that could just take my burden away. Well, I told her that it’s just some family related issues that was making me shed tears. “Family issues keh!” she said. She spoke in Yoruba language. She asked what kind of family issue was that. I no wan tell her. One don’t just go around telling people their problems. I felt reluctant telling her. “Part of me said I should open up to her while another part of me said I should not. She seemed to be asking genuinely but she’s just a random person. Even if I tell her, will she adopt me or give me N1m.” I just told her that the money I was giving to for my school was not enough. Immediately I said that, almost every one inside the car busted into laughter. Part of me was like, “You see, you see wetin I tell you. You should have not told her.” I began regretting saying it out. The woman laughed uncontrollable in a mocking tone. “Is that the family problem,” she asked. She said there are some people their own case was worse so mine was even not a case. By then, I just wished she knew more about my own case. As other people in the car were talking, some gisting and telling stories of how their children survive in higher institution. I just ignored them. “No be their own e dey me sef. I went back into deep thoughts that I didn’t even know when we got to Ibadan. The woman beside me called my attention when she was alighting. She was kind enough to give me N500. I accepted it graciously and thanked her as she told me not to cry. She left. Well, N500 will definitely go a long way.

Na so I take car wey dey enter Abeokuta. It dropped me in a popular spot called “Camp,” a road leading to Funaab. The place I am squatting.

to be continued.....
U re a gud storyteller man. kip it up

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by eightsin(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
Following..
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by wilson61(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
*following, what else? - bumpa to bumpa
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by Biggybogo1(m): 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
space booked

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by onismate: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
Thank You for your massive followership. For those that don't have pop corn or zobo.. I just got some bottles of zobo so come share with me as we enjoy this story..

For those that have and will purchase the full story, please it's for private reading/viewing and not to be shared, posted online. As una don buy the book, thank you but read am privately oooo.
You can purchase the full story in "PDF" or "word format" for just N200. you can pay with airtime (recharge cards).. 08137831811 (whatsapp) or email onismate@gmail.com to get your copy. Your copy will be sent to you within 10 minutes of payment.

www.hovabuzz.com
Thanks...

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by onismate: 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
story continues...........

The next week came and was about to submit my assignment to my HOC when I met the guy that copied my work the previous week. “Baba I don dey find you since,” he said to me. “Find me keh! Shey you wan arrest me?” I asked. He said he was looking for me to also copy my answers for the current assignment I had done. I laughed and told him I haven’t done it but will soon do it. He asked for my number and I told him my phone was stolen and I was yet to recover my sim card. He said his name was Uchenna. I told him mine. Well, he said he was going somewhere that he would come and check on me at that place. Immediately he left, I did the assignment. He came back some minutes later and did the usual “Copy and paste” too. He thanked me and left.

When I got back home to my empty room. I met some people in the room. I guessed they came to check out the room. I asked them and they said they indeed are checking out the room before making payments. Na so I come dey fear. “I had prayed and fasted for people not to pack into the room for the main time so as to give me opportunity to stay. But it seemed my prayers were far from answer.” According to the guy I met, if things works out, he would pay and move in the next week. “The accommodation had giving me too many worries, coupled that I have no money. Adaobi had been the one feeding me. Sometimes bola would give me N10 for my mancot transport to school.”

As I was busy thinking all that. I went outside and saw Uchenna passing by. He asked if that was the place I was staying. And I told him “yes,” He asked if I had done the new assignment given to us that day. I tell am say I never do am. Perhaps na typing work and I don’t have money, and the submission date was still a bit far. “But you know the procedures wella?” uchenna asked. “Ofcourse” I told him I knew it. He said he would come to see me the next day which was a Saturday.

to be continued.....
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by onismate: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2015
story continues......

The next day. Uchenna came, he met me outside. Na so the guy land my house with one guy like that. He and the guy was just teasing themselves. He was calling the guy Warri idol. Uchenna was hailing me. He was telling the guy that i am very intelligent. “This guy know book die. Na book full him head,” uchenna said referring to me. I laughed. Immediately they entered the empty room, “Chaaiii, na dis place you dey stay?” the other guy asked. “Yes ooo,” I replied. They thought I was just joking as they laughed. They cracked joke about it as they brought out their laptops from their bags. “Chaiii, these ones get lappy. Ordinary phone sef I no get,” I thought to myself. Both of them were funny guys. And I got to know the other guys name was Abisoko. Na im make Uchenna dey call am warri idol because he’s from Delta state. We did the assignment together. After about 4 hours at my place, when they were leaving, I decided to follow them to their house which was close to the school gate.

When we got there, it was a family house with 2 big rooms and a large parlour. Na there uchenna tell me say him mama na from Ogun state and his dad was from Arochukwu in Abia state. So the house he was staying was his late grandfather’s house(man that gave birth to his mother). So he no dey pay house rent. He stays in one room while Abisoko stays in the other room. Na only Abisoko dey pay for rent. Immediately, part of me asked me to tell him if he could help so I could come and squat with them. Another part of me said I shouldn’t, that I should just be calm and exercise patience. The other part of me that asked me to voice out my problems was like, “Gbadebo! You are a fool oo. You will soon die in silence and timidity. Tell this people you are looking for accommodation now so if they can help out.” I am a kind of person that likes observing people before moving close to them. I try to be careful. “But it looked as if two people in me were arguing and fighting, either for me to speak out or shut up.” Something in me said I shouldn’t be afraid, that this is school life and nothing was going to happen.

I obeyed my other voice that said I should keep calm. I stayed in their house and even slept off. When I woke up, it was some minutes past 10pm. The generator was on and uchenna and Abisoko were watching film with their various laptops. I told them I was going, they told me it was very late and I can’t find any car going to camp. They asked me to stay back and go the next morning. They even made me feel comfortable as they offered me food. Jellof rice and egg. Chaiii, and I dey terribly hungry. Na so I chop the thing oooo. As I dey chop the rice, something in me started talking. “You see wetin I tell you, this guys are nice people. They will not harm you. Them even give you food chop. Tell them and they would allow stay.” I kept calm and continued eating. Another thought sprang up and told me not to tell them.

The next morning, I opened up to Uchenna all I was going through concerning my accommodation. Infact, he told me that I was most highly welcome into the house. Abisoko said I can stay in any of the rooms. Either in Uchenna’s own or his. Chaiiii, na so I happy ooooo come go camp. When I got to camp, I found my bag and clothes outside.

Why is my bag outside

.......to be continued.......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by pheyhi(f): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
ooooo where r u nah great story...loved it
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by TopeQs: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
I RARELY COMMENT ON STORIES BUT THIS IS EPIC.......GOOD JOB MAN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by ladoney(f): 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
following cool
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by kaycexx(m): 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
Baba your story short pass Aki and PawPaw ooooooo.
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by dammywapes(m): 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
pheyhi:
ooooo where r u nah great story...loved it
see her girls too love stories
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
#following
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by murphyonline(m): 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
Come finish ur story because d film too sweet.
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by siinno(m): 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
The author!!! Wher yu dey o. Com continue wetin you begin o
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by pbs4real(m): 12:12am On Dec 13, 2015
Padi no late update?
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by lynnfeb(f): 12:47am On Dec 13, 2015
Dis suspense naInt die o .Interesting
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by fF01(m): 1:01am On Dec 13, 2015
bet y diz guy dey put men 4 suspense na? do finish diz story maa go sell 4 Wale Adenuga abeg! no time...
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 13, 2015
correct
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by onismate: 4:40am On Dec 13, 2015
hahahahaha.... make una no worry
.. updates they come soon.. Happy Sunday all..
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by Ahmed0336(m): 6:42am On Dec 13, 2015
onismate:
hahahahaha.... make una no worry
.. updates they come soon.. Happy Sunday all..
come wetin dey work you nau? angry
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by KingOfFTC(m): 7:39am On Dec 13, 2015
#%fokkowing
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by kajoula(m): 8:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Following ....Touching Piece.
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by engrlarex(m): 10:20am On Dec 13, 2015
I've never been touched like this before..even I shld write my own story many people will be more touched than this.
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by Pwhitelaw(m): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2015
Plz come and complete what you started ooo... The story is interesting
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by abootoyyib(m): 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
ARIRE VENTURES....COMFORTS IS OUR PRIDE.. REGISTRATION TIPS... 1.Bring as much as passport photograph u can afford(16 upward) 2.Don't rush into filling any document that is given out by school official 3.Get all the required documents ready for clearance (pasted earlier) 4.Don't rush into photocopying document except you've confirmed how should (to save ur money). 5.Don't get scared by the scary face of school registration officers (most of them has NCE, ND, as qualifications) 6.Patronage us and buy a mattress(at affordable price) because registration is somehow stressful and you need a rest.. 7.Registration lapses as far as ending of first semester, so dnt rush yourself because of registration.. 8.Bring as much as you can, and avoid making mistake(s).. Any online errors attract a charge (s) . 9.Arrive early for registration and clearance 10..Follow the school registration officer's rules and regulations to avoid embarrassment NOTICE:We sell mattresses at affordable price and bedsheet, spread sheet, pillows etc.... Call or WhatsApp 08075506993...Thanks for your patronage
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by firewill: 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
I think what happen to u its normal life no rossy before now before or eveyone go through stunts dats life everything can't be perfect even the Rich are not happy always
Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
undecidedOp.... why taking so long to update?

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy by psalmmiey: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2015
mastermynd:
ddonn subscribe

Didn't get u typed!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See What The School In David Mark Home Town Looks Like / Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student / Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.