Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Please Help! Wireless Connectivity - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help! Wireless Connectivity (970 Views)

Driver For Wireless Connectivity On Dell Latitude 505. Pls Help Me / Starcomms Izap Signal/connectivity Issue / Tutorial On How To Make Firefox Super Fast. For Those With Slow Connectivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by gessense(m): 4:13pm On Jun 03, 2009
Hi people,
I just got a HP G50 that boasts of a wireless adapter. The adapter recognises wireless networks quite alright and it gets connected to the networks i choose. for some time now it works fine and i have access to internet via hotspots etc. My main challenge is that recently the network gets split into two when i connect to the network. naming the second one unidentified. Right now i don't even have access to internet anymore please what can i do ? someone please help me. thanks
Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by familierl: 2:21am On Jun 04, 2009
do a system restore.that should work.
Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by NaijaEcash(m): 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2009
I had a similar experience last week. I was quite confused about the unidentified network. The laptop connects to it faster than it connects to the secured network that I wanted to use. But unfortunately, I couldn't browse. I just had to manually disconnect it and manually connect to the original network I wanted to work with. It was a funny experience.
Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by otoyin(m): 3:35pm On Jun 08, 2009
if you have the wireless adapter, you may uninstall and re-install it. i believe that should work

cheers
Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by gessense(m): 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2009
hello friends,
thanks a lot friends i do appreciate your help. i actually found a solution to it this morning i just pray it's the right one.
i opened the wireless network properties and played around with different settings and after a while the problem was solved . Now it doesn't split the network again and it connects once i fix in the right Ip settings. if anything happens i'll let you know. thank you friends i love you
Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by NaijaEcash(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2009
I wish I can say the same thing. The challenge still persists!
Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by gessense(m): 11:30am On Jul 08, 2009
NaijaEcash:

I wish I can say the same thing. The challenge still persists!

hello Naija Ecash,
these are the things i did when i had the same problem.

1. i tried reinstalling the device from my hard disk. (didn't work)
2. i unchecked the TCP/IP(IpV4). that was when i was able to solve the problem.

I would advice you visit your network configuration page. i mean where you enter your IP settings. TCP/IP. undo all the selected boxes one by one and try again. Ensure you are connected to the wireless network to prove your selections. i hope that works out well. let me know whats up. after you try this
Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by UNLEASHED(m): 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2009
System restore should work!
Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by gessense(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2009
the wo pictures show how my network interface looks before and after the problem. hope it helps?

Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by deji2009(m): 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2009
Hi people,
I just got a HP G50 that boasts of a wireless adapter. The adapter recognises wireless networks quite alright and it gets connected to the networks i choose. for some time now it works fine and i have access to internet via hotspots etc. My main challenge is that recently the network gets split into two when i connect to the network. naming the second one unidentified. Right now i don't even have access to internet anymore please what can i do ? someone please help me. thanks

ok , lets come down to basis. do you have norton on your laptop ? have you untick the IPV4 you were asked to ?

IP4V is widely use in xp while IPV6 is use in vista like the previous person said you can do it that way or amend the registry

the easiest and the most simple is to untick the IPv4 in network and sharing centre as the picture illustrated.

And also the unidentified network you"re getting means the network you connecting either has incorrect password or is out of

range. do this get to network and sharing centre look for manage wireless connection click right click on the unidentified

networrk or ones whcih does not belong to you then click remove. if you want to add it back just click add and should ask you

for a password. Good luck.
Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by mikesleek(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2009
My eyes might be faulty. I can't see anything like you unchecking ipv4. You would have issues connecting to networks that don't support v6. YOU HAVE TO USE SYSTEM RESTORE LIKE EARLIER ADVICED.
Re: Please Help! Wireless Connectivity by gessense(m): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2009
mikesleek:

My eyes might be faulty. I can't see anything like you unchecking ipv4. You would have issues connecting to networks that don't support v6. YOU HAVE TO USE SYSTEM RESTORE LIKE EARLIER ADVICED.

thanks a lot people i have solved the problem. i posted the picture to tell naija Ecash what i did . hope it helps.

deji2009:

ok , lets come down to basis. do you have norton on your laptop ? have you untick the IPV4 you were asked to ?

IP4V is widely use in xp while IPV6 is use in vista like the previous person said you can do it that way or amend the registry

the easiest and the most simple is to untick the IPv4 in network and sharing centre as the picture illustrated.

And also the unidentified network you"re getting means the network you connecting either has incorrect password or is out of

range. do this get to network and sharing centre look for manage wireless connection click right click on the unidentified

networrk or ones whcih does not belong to you then click remove. if you want to add it back just click add and should ask you

for a password. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Hp 6735s Speakers Suddenly Went Dumb / .......... / Network That Has The Best Blackberry Business Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.