Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn (1466 Views)

Northern Leaders Stole More Than Diezani, Alamieyeseigha – Ijaw Youth Council / 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB / Nigeria:leaders Stole More Than $ 380 Billions, What About European Leaders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by Constantin: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2006
Nigerian leaders 'stole' $380billion shocked shocked undecided undecidedcry cry cry cry cry cry cry angry angry angry angry cry cry cry

More than $380billion has either been stolen or wasted by Nigerian governments since independence in 1960, the chief corruption fighter has said.

Nuhu Ribadu told the BBC that Nigeria has "nothing much" to show for the missing money.

He said the worst period for corruption was the 1980s and '90s, but currently two-thirds of governors are being investigated by Mr Ribadu's agency.

Nigeria is Africa's biggest oil exporter but most people are poor.

The country is regularly ranked as one of the most corrupt by graft watchdog Transparency International.

President Olusegun Obasanjo declared a state of emergency in Ekiti State on Thursday after the governor was found guilty of siphoning state funds into personal bank accounts and receiving kickbacks.

General and presidential elections are scheduled for April next year, when Mr Obasanjo steps down after two terms in office.

Mr Obasanjo's critics say the fight against corruption is being used to victimise his opponents.
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by Odeku(m): 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2006
I thought the figure was $580
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by Constantin: 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2006
IT IS THE MONEY THAT WOULD HAVE BUILT MORE SCHOOLS COMBAT POVERTY BUILDS SWEEPING HIGHWAYS AND SO ON . This makes me cry out loudly like a child cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by donmayor(m): 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2006
Nigerian leaders stole and are still stealing. So you can all keep crying, living in poverty and doing nothing about it. And you can vote in more thieves in the next general elections so it would confirm my belief that Nigerians are bewitched.
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by mazaje(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2006
Nigerians are under a spell am serious we are under a curse, do we know what $380 billon dollars is? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked thats unbeliveable and ridiculous, the US after the war in Afganistan has planed to turn kabul the country's capital into a mordern city with a budget of $20billion when i mean modern city i mean they will like it to be like one of the states in the US(florida, texas or philadeliphia) and they have budgeted $20 billion for that and when they have finished buliding kabul there will be no city in nigeria that will be close to it and will ever dream of being like it, thats just to tell us what $380 billion can do in a nut shell, this revelation to me is a slap on the face by this good for nothing administration cos the country has never made as much money as now (thanks to high oil prices) , and still nothing to show for it, this failed administartion has gotten most of the money any administration has ever gotten but still nothing has changed everything is still in sambles and they want us to believe they are trying when even a mad man on the street knows that things are getting worse, my heart bleeds for Nigeria cos things will never change they will only get worse with the type of mind and attitude and lack of decipline we have cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by alabiyemmy(m): 1:00am On Feb 22, 2007
@ Mazaje

This is stolen money by past leaders - why are you blaming the current government for it?
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by CrudeOil2(m): 10:41am On Feb 22, 2007
Ribadu is a fool.Not up to that amount.Ribadu,has stolen up to 1 billion dollars as efcc chairman
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by alabiyemmy(m): 3:07am On Feb 23, 2007
Crude Oil:

Ribadu is a fool.Not up to that amount.Ribadu,has stolen up to 1 billion dollars as efcc chairman

Haba Crude Oil!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by EFCCImpersonator: 9:53am On Feb 24, 2007
Crude oil,You have been indicted!!
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by FACE(m): 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2007
Dat one na news? u sure say dem no mean $380 Trillion ? A beg tell me anoda tin.
While individual pockets are bursting at the seams, the rest of us are wallowing in abject poverty. Every thing is wrong in our society. Water, electricity, energy/fuel, inflation, roads, decent housing, healthcare, etc etc are all lacking in our Nigeria. This is the longest period we have enjoyed (?) democracy in Nigeria, yet things are worse than they were b4 1999.
Just today, I read with a broken heart about a place in Lagos where people get pregnant as a business. With all the money we have lost to those thieves, Nigeria could have had very good and reliable infrastructure and a sound social security system for the needy and elderly. cry
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by jahabless: 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
The shit is still going on.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by swtdrms(m): 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
Are you sure its not more than that? $380 in exchange rate before covid-19 will be 380 × 360....hmmmm

That's a whopping 136.8 tr naira. Having 136 trillion added to our economy, to be spent on infrastructure, healthcare, education, we'll definitely go far!
Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by Corporate2020: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
Generational looters will die of generational curses.

Re: Nigerian Leaders 'stole' $380bn by Afonjamuslim24(f): 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
This administration stolen more than in their first tenure alone.

(1) (Reply)

Police Teargas Nigerian Graduates Like Criminals During Bank Interview / Have You Seen The New Imo State Government Portal? Gov. Ohakim, Carry Go: / Bauchi Islamists / Police Clashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.