Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,315 members, 7,829,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Why I Am Not An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Am Not An Atheist (757 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Not An Atheist by noetic2: 5:13pm On Jun 03, 2009
For the sake of objectivity, clarity and intellectual emphasis, I asked myself: Why exactly am I not an atheist?

Here are the reason's I came up with . . .

1. An Atheist cannot substantiate his belief/disbelief:

An theist wonders why a religious belief should be based on faith, salvation and hope alone? A christian's claim of an experience/encounters with the Holy spirit, breakthroughs and miracles are not acceptable for verifiable and scientific reasons. ,  . . ,  , anyway this thread is not about christian beliefs.

The atheist reckons that all beliefs should be explicable scientifically, intellectually and logically. According to the atheist the christians cannot do this. But I find it difficult to reconcile an atheist's beliefs to proof or evidence.

So let us put the atheist belief under the same microscope:
what is the scientific, intellectual or logical evidence for the non-existence of GOD?
what is the intellectual, rational or logical basis for the non-existence of GOD?

The atheist yells: "The burden of proof is on the theist". . . .absolute RUBBISH. Any one who propagates an idea or belief/disbelief has the  burden of proof. If u believe God does not exist,  . . . . .simply prove it.

Over and over again as evidenced on this forum, atheists have refused to bring up this "evidence" of theirs that establishes the non-existence of GOD. It is as such safe to state that atheism is based on FAITH. faith and hope that GOD does not exist. because whatever assertion u cannot prove is a belief based on assumptions fuelled by . . . .

Atheism is as "guilty" as the religion it antagonises because it relies on FAITH.

2. Atheism Connotes Ignorance:

To discuss/debate a subject you need a basic understanding of that subject. To debate evolution, mathematics or politics, one must at least have an understanding of the subjects involved. It is from this understanding that beliefs and ideologies are created.

Take for instance I have a complete understanding of the ontological and implicit nature of obatala, orunmila and ifa (yoruba local gods) which explains my disbelief in these minute gods. I do not subscribe to their potency, relevance or reverence. In other words a belief/lack of belief/ideology is a product of comprehensive understanding.

An atheist believes in the nihilance/non-existence of GOD. So can the atheist demonstrate an understanding of the subject involved in this belief/disbelief.

Who is Jehovah God? What is His ontology? (ur ontological definition must meet the meta-physical requirements of the atheist community, otherwise it is unacceptable to nairaland christians)

3.  The inconsistencies of the atheist's Evolution:

Evolution is used to lend credence to atheism, to buttress the belief that there is no GOD. Evolution is the platform that attempts to rubbish the creation story as recorded in Genesis. Evolution mixes LIES with facts. I will not emphasise on these "facts" (but let me state here that changes in the earth (and man) from the "primordial" man (to this age) can NEVER be used to propagate the evolution LIE)

Perhaps if evolution/evolutionists/atheists can answer these pertinent questions. . . . .then I might believe afterall.

the commonest law of biogenesis says life begets life. Biology buttresses this.
Yet evolution claims that the first substance of life were formed from non-living substances reffered to as "spontaneous generation". is this not a contradiction?

Darwin claims that all organisms on earth are descent from a common ancestor or a last universal ancestor.Whats the atheist's explanation for the mitochondria gene exception? what is the identity and nature of the last common universal ancestor?

Evolution traces life to phylogenetic tree that that postulates three domains of life namely bacteria, archea and eucaryota. What is the major consensus or common denominator to whom life can be traced to between these three?

Evolution claims that increasing complex chemical reactions that resulted from simpler chemical reactions are the last traces of life.
what was the singular first chemical reaction that kick started life?
and what were the substances that made up this reaction?
what was the structure of the first living things? what was the catalyst of this first chemical reaction? what were the components of this catalyst?

with regards to the pioneer formation of the RNA? how did it happen? which was the very first? what was its structure?

I await these answers with deep breadth . . ,  What if there are NO answers to these questions, does that make evolution and subsequently atheism false? YES,  . . .a definite YES

4. Atheism Denotes Ignorance and jejune postulations:

What are the norms of debating? Simply pick holes in the argument of the opposing view and offer acceptable alternatives. I have asked several atheists the basis for stating that there is no GOD, the answer has been unanimous. . . .NONE.

An atheist claims that God did not create the earth and its components,  . .who did? how? when? where?

It is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE to state that "i know 24264927*9629462429 is not 5, even though I dont know the answer".
For u to know that 24264927*9629462429 is not 5, it means u have a knowledge of mathematics. . . . . use that knowledge to work out the real answer.

It is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE to state that "I cannot prove the non-existence of God but can only pick holes in biblical assertions of the bible GOD"
For you to establish the "inconsistencies" of the bible, u must be able to offer concrete and intellectually acceptable alternatives. otherwise u are ranting.

The inability of the atheist community on nairaland/world to answer these basic pertinent questions is the basis of being regarded as "beclouded" critics.Critics who condemn (not on any intellectual or scientific basis) and yet have no alternative. This is despicable IGNORANCE that should not be transmitted to the next generation.

5. Whats There to loose?

An atheist claims there is no God, as such no eternity. When I die as a christian and then find out that there is indeed no GOD. ,  .what do i loose?. . . . .Absolutely NOTHING.

Whats there to loose if I DIE an atheist. . . .and then find out that there is a JEHOVAH GOD?
bear in mind that repentance is impossible in the grave. I will become a partaker in the torments of HELL which the bible describes in sordid details.

Atheism is a loose-loose situation ,  . . .

6.  Any plus for atheism?

I have no SINGLE reason, not even half a reason to be an atheist.
This is what noetic-nairaland had to say about atheism.
noetic: atheism is an irrational state of mind, where the subject of one's disbelief cannot be substantiated.

This is butressed by the fact that atheistic belief/disbelief has:

No scientific evidence.
No intellectual driven reason.
No logical and coherent explanation.
No sensible alternative to the christian GOD postulations. and several more. . . . I have no reason to be an atheist.
Re: Why I Am Not An Atheist by noetic2: 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2009
moderator should delete this. . . . . .i have pasted it in the religion board. , . .this is an error.
Re: Why I Am Not An Atheist by Tudor3(m): 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2009
Scientific evidence that god is a fallacy; how about common sense
we'have never seen,heard,smelt,tasted or experienced him. We have not seen his works and no evidence whatsoever to confirm those attributed to him.
If indeed you have seen,heard tasted or felt god/allah, then PROVE IT TO US.simple
Re: Why I Am Not An Atheist by noetic2: 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2009
Tùdor:

Scientific evidence that god is a fallacy; how about common sense
we'have never seen,heard,smelt,tasted or experienced him. We have not seen his works and no evidence whatsoever to confirm those attributed to him.

Who is "we"?

If indeed you have seen,heard tasted or felt god/allah, then PROVE IT TO US.simple

This has been proven severally. , . .This thread is DEDICATED to u atheists to prove ur case. . . . . so U prove ur beliefs. . ,
Re: Why I Am Not An Atheist by Tudor3(m): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2009
''We'' as in unbelievers.
And i've given my simple/basic reasons for unbelief above. Show me how i'm wrong if you can
Re: Why I Am Not An Atheist by noetic2: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2009
I dont remember asking u for a simple basic reason. . . . .ur scientific evidences are required.
Re: Why I Am Not An Atheist by Tudor3(m): 12:37am On Jun 04, 2009
Scientific evidence = verifiable facts.
The reasons above are verifiable facts aren't they?

(1) (Reply)

What Qualities/credentials Do You Want Your Church Pastor To Have / Bigotry In Christianity / Am I Safe? My Landlady Pour:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.