Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) (27978 Views)

PHOTOS: Fashola Visits Ambode / Raji Fashola Visits Governor Fayose (Photos) / Negotiations To Release More Chibok Girls Ongoing, Says Government Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 12, 2015
BY1434. I don't need to live in Aso Rock to have constant power supply 24/7. Our power supply is very stable... No power outage since I moved to my new area. x.x.x™

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by tivta(m): 8:07am On Dec 12, 2015
Is it just me or power supply reduced?
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by abuhikmat(m): 8:12am On Dec 12, 2015
obiremy:
Fashola says government will ‘settle its debts’ as he visits Egbin power plant

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola on Friday said the Federal Government will settle the N47 billion debt it owes Egbin Power for energy supplied to the national grid.Fashola disclosed this in Lagos during the inauguration of facilities of Ikeja and Eko Electricity Distribution companies.

He said that government would pay debts owed legally and verifiable.

“I realised that the power sector needs to be sufficiently funded. When I assumed duty, I first checked what the power ministry was owing, but I am happy we did not owe anything.”

“As government, we have to demonstrate clear commitment to encourage other power consumers to pay. Everyone must pay what he or she is owing.”

“We will pay debts that are legally contracted and verifiable. Going forward also, we have said that as government, we must demonstrate the clear necessity for everybody that consumes power to pay for what they consume, and government will start by showing example.”

Source: http://trezzy2..com.ng/2015/12/fashola-visits-egbin-power-plantsays.html
I wish him gudluck because it's not easy to be successful as a Minister of Power in Nigeria If he can help us to solve the power problem in Nigeria,it will solve many problems and create many jobs.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Gap2020(m): 8:12am On Dec 12, 2015
Burger01:
You can't teach him what he knows how to do best smiley
He can't know it all.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 12, 2015
This is not the first time promise is made in respect of power supply. GEJ vowed he would give Nigeria's light even if it was the only thing his government achieved. He worked towards it and power improved considerably, that was even before the privatization. After the privatization, the improvement was sustained a little and then dropped afterwards. I remember vividly GEJ saying IT'S A SHAME. One thing I know is improved power in Nigeria lacks sustainability. Yes, Fashola may improve it at first but the question is WILL IT BE SUSTAINED?
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by oppyworld: 8:19am On Dec 12, 2015
Nice1 sir, I bliv in u
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by GodMode: 8:23am On Dec 12, 2015
davodyguy:

Yes and No.

Let's look at it this way.

Fashola Governed the most populated state in Nigeria and the state that has presence of all tribe's, (making Lagos congested)

He controlled different ministries as a governor, with little fund to throw around.

President buhari is controlling Nigeria Now, whilst fashola has 3 ministries. (Tough ones)

If he can get 3 good special advisers that are competent and the ministers of states working with him are passionate like, he would succeed.

RUBBISH

Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria, still has bad roads, bad drainage, bad power supply e.t.c

Fash only did 15% of lagos which made his administration better then his predecessor.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by GodMode: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2015
onlinebizinfo:
This is not the first time promise is made in respect of power supply. GEJ vowed he would give Nigeria's light even if it was the only thing his government achieved. He worked towards it and power improved considerably, that was even before the privatization. After the privatization, the improvement was sustained a little and then dropped afterwards. I remember vividly GEJ saying IT'S A SHAME. One thing I know is improved power in Nigeria lacks sustainability. Yes, Fashola may improve it at first but the question is WILL IT BE SUSTAINED?

Don't compare fash and gej... Both were governors for 8 yrs one did as little as he could without oil money while the other did nothing even with oil money..
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by ademoladeji(m): 8:30am On Dec 12, 2015
RealAdewole:
SOMEBODY SHOUL HELP ME TELL FASHOLA
right from the day he was named the minister of power,,blablabla.... ilesa city power supply is at free fall as if its in space

What do you mean as 'free fall'?
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by davodyguy: 8:37am On Dec 12, 2015
GodMode:

RUBBISH

Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria, still has bad roads, bad drainage, bad power supply e.t.c

Fash only did 15% of lagos which made his administration better then his predecessor.

I still wonder why people reason poorly and make silly inferences

Lagos remains the most populated in Nigeria and yes its not large in terms of land mass. But by population, infrastructures would collapse faster than in Kaduna, Abuja or Portharcourt.

Fix third mainland bridge and the stupid traffic with tyres plying daily, it would continue to and these goes on across board.Electricity

If he did 15% according to you, it means he has done times 3 of what Akpabio did in a small state like Akwa Ibom, with lesser population and big money as an oil producing state.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by chudionu58(f): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2015
Hmm! Apc supporters sef, .....Anyway, we are yet to see any change in the power sector! In terms of policies and programmes!! All we see is continuation. I challenge APC fans to tell us something different he's bringing to the table.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Burger01(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2015
Donpressman:
Who told you he knows how to? He is a f.ucking barrister. What the guy advised is the truth.
You got me wrong smiley
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Burger01(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2015
Gap2020:
He can't know it all.
Sure, I agree smiley
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by dapsonlou(m): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2015
ademega:
at the end of the day.... if fashola could not fix our power sector under Mr Buhari, then this generation should forget about electricity .

Infact they should buy Stocks in Generators.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by ademoladeji(m): 8:49am On Dec 12, 2015
connectikut89:
First he says that govt will "settle its debts" and later says that the "power ministry is not owing" Is his ministry not a part of the govt?

Fashola I think was one of the best performing governors of the last administration.

He has a lot of goodwill going for him even though I think he's grossly overhyped. tongue

Fashola said, “President Goodluck Jonathan said he constructed 25,000 kilometres roads in the country. Now, the distance from Lagos to London is just over 5,000km. What the claim by the President means is that they have constructed a road from Lagos to London five times. But the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway that is 404km and has not been done. So where did they see the 25,000km roads?" He compared air miles to road miles. He goofed all in the name of political sideswiping.

I hope he succeeds tho. I wish him well. cool

100 air miles equals 115 road miles....

Your points please?
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by anthony86(m): 8:51am On Dec 12, 2015
Fashion should know that power supply has dropped drastically and he better start acting fast.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by 989900: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2015
The present laws are handicaps to power generation, transmission, and distribution.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Olukat(m): 9:05am On Dec 12, 2015
MichaelSokoto:
Very badt news 4 dem wailerz be dat sooo! grin

Meanwhile, somewhere in biiafraud, a wailer replaces his child...
grin

Aboki in IDP camp took his turn with santa... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by GodMode: 9:06am On Dec 12, 2015
davodyguy:

I still wonder why people reason poorly and make silly inferences

Lagos remains the most populated in Nigeria and yes its not large in terms of land mass. But by population, infrastructures would collapse faster than in Kaduna, Abuja or Portharcourt.

Fix third mainland bridge and the stupid traffic with tyres plying daily, it would continue to and these goes on across board.Electricity

If he did 15% according to you, it means he has done times 3 of what Akpabio did in a small state like Akwa Ibom, with lesser population and big money as an oil producing state.

Lagos has the highest igr..

Fash did very little. Infrastructures have nothing to do with population.. They have to be of high quality and very durable regardless of the population.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by esajay1: 9:06am On Dec 12, 2015
You absolutely know what you are saying. Am impressed!

davodyguy:
I know only few would really understand and interpret what they saw and read.

From the pics, Egbin has an installed capacity of 1320MW from the 6 thermal plants and currently Egbin is doing 1100MW, which is very very commendable.

If its true, then it must be sustained. Fashola, Egbin management and the NGC ( Nigerian Gas Company) must do everything possible to maintain this level and even get the 1st unit .working again.

That's the message that was passed.

Everyone must play their respective roles.
Fashola to pay the debt
Egbin management should pay NGC
NGC must continue to supply Gas.
Vandals must stop tampering with gas pipes
Lastly, Nigerians must pay for what they consume
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by dyn1800: 9:15am On Dec 12, 2015
Aamwee oil...... Even a leading wailer concur.... I love this..... Let's keep it up

Firefire:
Interesting trips...

May it yield results.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by tunde1200(m): 9:18am On Dec 12, 2015
hmmm.

ademega:
at the end of the day.... if fashola could not fix our power sector under Mr Buhari, then this generation should forget about electricity .
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by lonelydora: 9:19am On Dec 12, 2015
WinningSun:
fashola should focus on the grid. it should be divided into regions. else it will collapse if more power is load on it.

Are we in the same field of Electrical Engineering? Back in the days, it was divided into regions until this National Grid system came up, and that was the beginning of our problem.

Nice idea brother.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by davodyguy: 9:23am On Dec 12, 2015
GodMode:

Lagos has the highest igr..

Fash did very little. Infrastructures have nothing to do with population
.. They have to be of high quality and very durable regardless of the population.
Wow.

@ the highlighted texts. I'm tempted to ask if you're a human being.

Infrastructures has nothing to do with population? Wow. This is classic epic fail.

Put 10 buses on the road and expect those buses to convey millions to and from daily.

Don't improve water ways transportation and expect aeroplane to help you convey containers to Nigeria from china.

If the population of Nigeria is 5-10million, then the 4000 mega watts of electricity being generated would be enough. But with over 160million people, 4000 MW isn't enough.

Millions do WAEC and JAMB annually, yet we have less than 500 higher institutions in Nigeria.

WTH did you say infrastructures has nothing to do with population? Are you for real?

You probably just want to waste my time and not ready for a serious discourse.

How much is the allocation given monthly to Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta and Cross River, as oil producing states? What have their done in terms of developments?

From Ibori to Alameisegha, to Peter Odili, to Rotimi Amaechi, to Jonathan.
Smh
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by davodyguy: 9:28am On Dec 12, 2015
lonelydora:

Are we in the same of Electrical Engineering? Back in the days, it was divided into regions until this National Grid system came up, and that was the beginning of our problem.

Do you know how electricity gets to the consumers? From start to finish, and how complex it is?

Do you know what's involved?
Can you break it down into different tiers?
Have you heard of power evacuation?

What and where the national grid is?

What you learn in class is different from what field experts will tell.

If you can answer the above questions correctly, then you have an idea
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by monex(m): 9:42am On Dec 12, 2015
boman2014:
nice!!!

i just have these feeling that this man is right man for the job!
keep it up SIR
among the ministers chosen, he was one minister i totally agreed with and I am far from being an APC supporter. Fashola's "relative" excellence has nothing to do with political parties or alignment.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Dbboy(m): 9:53am On Dec 12, 2015
ademega:

WHAT THE HELL, WHAT KIND OF STUPID STATEMENT IS THAT AS IF HE SUCCEEDED IN FIXING COMMON LAGOS.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by GodMode: 9:53am On Dec 12, 2015
davodyguy:

Wow.

@ the highlighted texts. I'm tempted to ask if you're a human being.

Infrastructures has nothing to do with population? Wow. This is classic epic fail.

Put 10 buses on the road and expect those buses to convey millions to and from daily.

Don't improve water ways transportation and expect aeroplane to help you convey containers to Nigeria from china.

If the population of Nigeria is 5-10million, then the 4000 mega watts of electricity being generated would be enough. But with over 160million people, 4000 MW isn't enough.

Millions do WAEC and JAMB annually, yet we have less than 500 higher institutions in Nigeria.

WTH did you say infrastructures has nothing to do with population? Are you for real?

You probably just want to waste my time and not ready for a serious discourse.

How much is the allocation given monthly to Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta and Cross River, as oil producing states? What have their done in terms of developments?

From Ibori to Alameisegha, to Peter Odili, to Rotimi Amaechi, to Jonathan.
Smh

You're talking about depreciation of roads and bridges not about the number of buses. If roads and other infrastructures are not maintained then they will spoil...

It has nothing to do with population..

The SE is none of my business...
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by davodyguy: 10:11am On Dec 12, 2015
GodMode:

You're talking about depreciation of roads and bridges not about the number of buses. If roads and other infrastructures are not maintained then they will spoil...

It has nothing to do with population..

The SE is none of my business...

I'm telling you the more the population, the more infrastructures you need. So Lagos and Fashola are the subject. You said fashola did 15% and that Lagos is still behind in terms of

Your post
GodMode:

RUBBISH

The more your population, the more work to do on infrastructures either maintenance or increment.

Lagos is where it is cos of population and lack of funds. Fashola could have done more if he had less population and more fund.

We need 4th mainland bridge cos of population increase. 3rd Mainland is congested. We don't have power to go round in Lagos cos of population. Lagos alone needs about 4000MW, but now gets less than a thousand.
As roads is getting spoilt in ipaja, those in Ikoyi and VI are also complaining
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by kbbanj10(m): 10:28am On Dec 12, 2015
ademega:
Plain truth
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by digitalcare: 10:32am On Dec 12, 2015
It welcome idea that consumers should pay what they consumed but its known fact that we consumer actually pay for what we do not consumed,so it better to balance the equation by compel power distribution company to pay consumer for fraudulently charge consumer for what they didn't consume and make sure they installed into each house in Nigeria pre-paid meter to ensure accurate in payment of electiricity consumed.Otherwise,no payment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) / Share/Tsaragi clash: 4 feared killed,30 injured,50 houses burnt / EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.