Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) (27956 Views)

PHOTOS: Fashola Visits Ambode / Raji Fashola Visits Governor Fayose (Photos) / Negotiations To Release More Chibok Girls Ongoing, Says Government Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Acecube(m): 10:34am On Dec 12, 2015
connectikut89:
First he says that govt will "settle its debts" and later says that the "power ministry is not owing" Is his ministry not a part of the govt?

Fashola I think was one of the best performing governors of the last administration.

He has a lot of goodwill going for him even though I think he's grossly overhyped. tongue

Fashola said, “President Goodluck Jonathan said he constructed 25,000 kilometres roads in the country. Now, the distance from Lagos to London is just over 5,000km. What the claim by the President means is that they have constructed a road from Lagos to London five times. But the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway that is 404km and has not been done. So where did they see the 25,000km roads?" He compared air miles to road miles. He goofed all in the name of political sideswiping.

I hope he succeeds tho. I wish him well. cool
which one is air miles, na wa oh... miles is miles joor
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by GodMode: 10:54am On Dec 12, 2015
davodyguy:

I'm telling you the more the population, the more infrastructures you need. So Lagos and Fashola are the subject. You said fashola did 15% and that Lagos is still behind in terms of

Your post

The more your population, the more work to do on infrastructures either maintenance or increment.

Lagos is where it is cos of population and lack of funds. Fashola could have done more if he had less population and more fund.

We need 4th mainland bridge cos of population increase. 3rd Mainland is congested. We don't have power to go round in Lagos cos of population. Lagos alone needs about 4000MW, but now gets less than a thousand.
As roads is getting spoilt in ipaja, those in Ikoyi and VI are also complaining

The more the population the more manpower a govt has for maintenance.

Lagos is where it is because of corruption... I told you lagos is the richest state.

Lagos needs a high speed railway connecting all of lagos. 4th mainland bridge is waste of money.. Railway bridge that goes from the island to the mainland is needed.

Boats and cars/buses that can move on water are needed.

Lagos can generate its own electricity..
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 12, 2015
Sulaimon01:

You just reasoned like a .. oh.... #YourMoniker
ingrates, tell me am lying.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by coretechng1(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2015
ademega:
at the end of the day.... if fashola could not fix our power sector under Mr Buhari, then this generation should forget about electricity .
i have said this to peaople severally. If Fashola fails to fix power,we should forget it finally.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by ademega(m): 11:28am On Dec 12, 2015
Dbboy:

WHAT THE HELL, WHAT KIND OF STUPID STATEMENT IS THAT AS IF HE SUCCEEDED IN FIXING COMMON LAGOS.

so, fashola 8years in lagos is a waste?
must haters say something ni?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by lanrestic: 11:31am On Dec 12, 2015
ademega:
at the end of the day.... if fashola could not fix our power sector under Mr Buhari, then this generation should forget about electricity .
true Talk
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by RealAdewole(m): 11:48am On Dec 12, 2015
ademoladeji:

What do you mean as 'free fall'?
it is deteriorating every passing seconds
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Ovamboland(m): 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
connectikut89:
First he says that govt will "settle its debts" and later says that the "power ministry is not owing" Is his ministry not a part of the govt?

Fashola I think was one of the best performing governors of the last administration.

He has a lot of goodwill going for him even though I think he's grossly overhyped. tongue

Fashola said, “President Goodluck Jonathan said he constructed 25,000 kilometres roads in the country. Now, the distance from Lagos to London is just over 5,000km. What the claim by the President means is that they have constructed a road from Lagos to London five times. But the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway that is 404km and has not been done. So where did they see the 25,000km roads?" He compared air miles to road miles. He goofed all in the name of political sideswiping.

I hope he succeeds tho. I wish him well. cool

The joke is actually on you, nautical kilometers and land kilometers are not much different in actual lenght, it just takes note of earth curvature of which the earths diameter is about 24,000 kilometers and nautical measure is based on a chord.
The real gist is if Jonathan's government truly built or rehabilitated 25,000 kilometers of road nationwide, Lagos-Ibadan expressway seen by Fasola everyday, arguably Nigeria's busiest and most important road cannot be counted as part of it at just 404 kilometers ( 1.16% of the total road length claimed by GEJ).

Also Lagos-Abeokuta expressway and Ikorodu-Sagamu road all Federal roads leading out of Lagos remain untouched. There are still complaints about East-West road,and many other eastern roads. Ibadan-Ilorin expressway also not completed since OBJ started it. These are all very important Federal roads and yet not done, so where is the location of the 25,000 Kilometers road?

Is it possible to rehabilitate 25,000 Km roads and Lagos-Ibadan in 5 years won't be part of it

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by lonelydora: 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
davodyguy:

Do you know how electricity gets to the consumers? From start to finish, and how complex it is?

Do you know what's involved?
Can you break it down into different tiers?
Have you heard of power evacuation?

What and where the national grid is?

What you learn in class is different from what field experts will tell.

If you can answer the above questions correctly, then you have an idea

I can but don't have the time now. I'm a sound Power System and Electrical Machines Engineer. Forget about classroom theories.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by 2dillu2(m): 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2015
Demmocrats:
The only minister i know that will deliver the rest are just jokers.
never doubt Amina Muhammad Minister of Environment cool
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2015
obiremy:
Fashola says government will ‘settle its debts’ as he visits Egbin power plant

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola on Friday said the Federal Government will settle the N47 billion debt it owes Egbin Power for energy supplied to the national grid.Fashola disclosed this in Lagos during the inauguration of facilities of Ikeja and Eko Electricity Distribution companies.

He said that government would pay debts owed legally and verifiable.

“I realised that the power sector needs to be sufficiently funded. When I assumed duty, I first checked what the power ministry was owing, but I am happy we did not owe anything.”

“As government, we have to demonstrate clear commitment to encourage other power consumers to pay. Everyone must pay what he or she is owing.”

“We will pay debts that are legally contracted and verifiable. Going forward also, we have said that as government, we must demonstrate the clear necessity for everybody that consumes power to pay for what they consume, and government will start by showing example.”

Source: http://trezzy2..com.ng/2015/12/fashola-visits-egbin-power-plantsays.html

Talk is cheap Fashola
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2015
If Fashola gives Nigeria 24 hour electricty, the presidency would be his for the taking.

But there are other great ministers promising to do equally great things.

Minister of Interior, Minister of State for Petroleum, Minister of Employment, Minister of Education, Ministers of Trade , transport, solid minerals, Niger Delta etc

If he transforms our infrastructure through ministry of works and Housing in addition to 24 electricity, he would be guaranteed prime position to inherit the presidency.

However It would be nice to have an Igbo president from the list of performing federal ministers.

emzila:
SUCCEED IN THE POWER SECTOR, APART FROM GOD, LET ME SEE WHO WILL STOP YOU FROM BECOMING MY FUTURE PRESIDENT. TUMB UP FOR RAJI ANY DAY ANY TIME.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
googlepikin:
During GEJs time every December we all enjoyed light for 22hrs but now, am not sure if our transformer is still working or phcn have decided to punish the whole of my area. Buhari at least fear Jesus and give us light. Photogenic government
guy becareful make pepper no go enter my brain because of laugh
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by pus20: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2015
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by BTT(m): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2015
ademega:

Flesh and blood hath not revealed this to thee mine brother.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Ademusiwa1d: 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by AdemolaA2: 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
RealAdewole:
SOMEBODY SHOUL HELP ME TELL FASHOLA
right from the day he was named the minister of power,,blablabla.... ilesa city power supply is at free fall as if its in space
I have been in Ilesa now for about 6 days and their power supply here is really terrible. I really pity the residents. Hope Fashola would really make significant changes !!!
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by ademoladeji(m): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
RealAdewole:
it is deteriorating every passing seconds

Has it been any better before this government?

Light in the Ilesha I stay has always been on a routine mode: 10am-6pm, 10pm-5am..... Though, it might not stay throughout the duration....

It's been same same.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by RealAdewole(m): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
ademoladeji:

Has it been any better before this government?

Light in the Ilesha I stay has always been on a routine mode: 10am-6pm, 10pm-5am..... Though, it might not stay throughout the duration....

It's been same same.
where did u reside for ilesa. the 10-5 10-6 one is no more
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by RealAdewole(m): 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdemolaA2:

I have been in Ilesa now for about 6 days and their power supply here is really terrible. I really pity the residents. Hope Fashola would really make significant changes !!!
2 accounts??
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by ademoladeji(m): 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2015
RealAdewole:
where did u reside for ilesa. the 10-5 10-6 one is no more

Fadahunsi, right behind Breweries... The 10-5, 10-6 is still on arnd my end buh I heard Ibala area is quite different from ours
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by RealAdewole(m): 9:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
ademoladeji:

Fadahunsi, right behind Breweries... The 10-5, 10-6 is still on arnd my end buh I heard Ibala area is quite different from ours
the story has changed from roundabout>idoiro-oru kayanfada-ido ijesa
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by ademoladeji(m): 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2015
RealAdewole:
the story has changed from roundabout>idoiro-oru kayanfada-ido ijesa

Same town, different story...
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by RealAdewole(m): 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
ademoladeji:

Same town, different story...
yeah no power since 12:30pm
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
lonelydora:

Are we in the same field of Electrical Engineering? Back in the days, it was divided into regions until this National Grid system came up, and that was the beginning of our problem.

Nice idea brother.
i think I need to dignify you with a response. the problem is political. egbin power station is the largest generating plant at present. and most of the power plant are in the south. the power that be in the two chamber during past administration and even in this administration will never allow him to restructure it except if buhari can veto it

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by mikolo80: 2:04am On Dec 13, 2015
ademega:
O ye of zero faith (and I'm sure you go to church more than me)Remember when Elisha abi na elijah hid claiming he did not want God(God fa) last prophet to be killed. What did the almighty say.
If Fashola fails He is that He is can raise Stones to fix it if He so chooses.
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by Nobody: 2:07am On Dec 13, 2015
mikolo80:
O ye of zero faith (and I'm sure you go to church more than me)Remember when Elisha abi na elijah hid claiming he did not want God(God fa) last prophet to be killed. What did the almighty say.

Verily Verily I say unto thee, thou speakest from the spirit and thy faith measureth to the size of a tube of yam..... thou are mouthed!
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by mikolo80: 2:10am On Dec 13, 2015
Vixo:

Verily Verily I say unto thee, thou speakest from the spirit and thy faith measureth to the size of a tube of yam..... thou are mouthed!
Mtsch ooooooo God. See just shop knuckle. Ppl be going to church to do fashion parade
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by yaya93: 4:31am On Dec 13, 2015
We can only enjoy the transfer of the 220 MW to the national grid if IKDC can give us Olorunfemi CDA new transformer
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by ademega(m): 7:30am On Dec 13, 2015
mikolo80:
I cant get your point
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by OAFMods: 8:40am On Dec 13, 2015
googlepikin:
During GEJs time every December we all enjoyed light for 22hrs but now, am not sure if our transformer is still working or phcn have decided to punish the whole of my area. Buhari at least fear Jesus and give us light. Photogenic government
[size=13pt]There is a new technology that allows you to covert wailing to electricity, it is called SHUTUP. Please get one.[/size]
Re: Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) by AdemolaA2: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2015
RealAdewole:
2 accounts??
No Sir...got just 1!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Not Likely To Be Moved By NBA's Threat- The Cable / Okogie, Obasanjo, Fayose — Six People Who Didn’t Want Buhari To Run (pic / Dele Momodu Reacts As Presidency Queries Obasanjo’s Absence At Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.