Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria (38723 Views)

Photos Of Buratai With Governor Okorocha In Owerri / Buratai With Emir Of Zazzau After The Attempted Assassination - Pics / Boko Haram Attacks Hometown Of Buratai, New Army Chief, Kills 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Krossbow123: 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2015
MarvelJ:

Yes they did and you cant do anything about it. If you re nt a shiite then keep quiet n respect yourself.

I'm still looking for what he said that made u to react like this
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by dangote7510(m): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2015
notin will happen to our coas ,
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Rafidi: 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
UnknownT:
The guy asked a right question. DHQ would have been more specific instead of labelling the attackers Shiites. The guys that were processing today, had/have a leader, they would have used the name of the leader instead of using the name Shiitea

[b]You are very correct!

Not all Shiite Muslims are followers of Zakzaky. Even though of the estimated 10 million Nigerian Shiites, Zakzaky has about five to seven million followers.

Zakzaky is the head of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria.

Check:

www.islamicmovement.org

Zakzaky is the head of that organization. Not the head of Shiites as a whole, even if he follows Shia doctrines. Just like we cannot say Shekau is head of Sunnis. This generalization is very unnecessary and mistaken.

There are Shiites and Sunnis in every country around the world. Beliefs/religion have nothing to do with a movement or an organization. Otherwise, is Zakzaky head of Shiites in China?

The generalization is wrong. Imagine on 9/11 the US army declares: "Muslims attack the US". Or calling bin laden head of Muslims. Of course I am not comparing Zakzaky to bin laden because he leads an organization that has denied the allegations of violence thrown at it. And it has maintained it is peaceful, even after three of zakzakys sons and thirty others were killed last year, the group didn't resort to violence. I hope they maintain peace and not react. Again, the military claimed it was attacked. Each time no soldier gets injured but civilians get killed. I don't buy the story that the army chief was attacked. The Islamic movement claims the soldiers stormed it's center. [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by bishop4life(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
samsard:
Before English language came to Nigeria, northerners were reading and writing with/in Arabic. The one on the naira note is Hausa ajami, a form of Hausa but written with Arabic. There's nothing wrong in writing in Arabic, at the end of the day its just another language. + It has a stronger historical root in Nigeria than English.

Spare us such explanation, Nigeria's official language is"ENGLISH". the inscriptions tells a lot about Nigeria and it's amalgamation pattern.

1 Like

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by AdeniyiA(m): 9:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
samsard:
Before English language came to Nigeria, northerners were reading and writing with/in Arabic. The one on the naira note is Hausa ajami, a form of Hausa but written with Arabic. There's nothing wrong in writing in Arabic, at the end of the day its just another language. + It has a stronger historical root in Nigeria than English.
How does northerners relates to army logo?
infact what you wrote does not address my questions a bit.
The issue is, some sections of the country believe Nigeria is their papa property so they can manipulate it the way they deem fit. We all do not speak Arabic...

2 Likes

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by tolexy007(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
samsard:
Nonsense
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
Truly there is nothing wrong in writing in Arabic. Truly ignorance is a disease. Do you knw that Iranians who write in Persians ( which to me looks just like Arabic lettering) can write their language using both English and Persian characters. I found that so interesting.

Anyway to the matter of discourse. I wonder why mumu Africans will carry western religion so much on their head. It is one to carry Islam or Christianity so much on your head like a gala seller. It's another thing to be so indoctrinated you lose your reasoning and start behaving absurd. Like killing your own tribesmen. Does this make sense? I need a ROBUST response to this.

But truth be told. Since the official language of Nigeria is English I guess the lettering on the Army stuff should be changed. What we just need is someone to sue the Nigerian Army to have it changed. But wait a minute. Is it not Nigeria I'm talking abt? Sue? I guess I'm living in fools paradise. We need to protest on the streets.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by babestella: 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
Please who are the Sunni or the Shiites in Nigeria? I'd like to know.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by umar4info(m): 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.
Btw, is that Arabic on the logo of our Nigerian army??
can someone explain the reason for such nonsense, is Nigeria an Arabic speaking nation??
Even our naira notes have this crap undecided

The Arabic text means "Victory From ALLAH "
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by iconaus: 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
Dlionsheart:
So why was he not hit by the assassin bullet?

By the way, where are the "chibok girls"
Chibok girls is fake . Wake up to the reality of the Apc propaganda
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by samsard(m): 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
bishop4life:

Spare us such explanation, Nigeria's official language is"ENGLISH". the inscriptions tells a lot about Nigeria and it's amalgamation pattern.
You can't bury indigenous language & culture in the graveyard of English language. Most countries speak more than one language and they also accommodate them. Case in point, South Africa.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
People are not even asking the pertinent questions, does it mean these moslems carry arms around with them during their gatherings or processions??
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by RisMas(m): 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.
can someone explain the reason for such nonsense, is Nigeria an Arabic speaking nation??

cool down guy, it has been there before you were born, the same way greek languages are written on some Govt universities logo. The Arabic on the logo says "Nasir Mina Lahi" which means Victory is from God.

it has no relationship with islam, be tolerant bro undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by AdeniyiA(m): 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
umar4info:

The Arabic text means "Victory From ALLAH "

extreme balderdash undecided ,can you imagine me, a citizen of the federal republic having to be interpreted to the writing on the logo of our army??
Is our army a northern/Arab/muslim army?
This nonsense must stop if Nigeria is to remain one angry
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by samsard(m): 9:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:

How does northerners relates to army logo?
infact what you wrote does not address my questions a bit.
The issue is, some sections of the country believe Nigeria is their papa property so they can manipulate it the way they deem fit. We all do not speak Arabic...
Neither do we all speak English. I know people who can't read English scripts but can easily read anything scripted in Arabic or any indigenous language they understand. No one is claiming that Nigeria is their father's property, you are the one who probably feels unnecessarily insecure and outplayed in the scheme of things. Anyway, let's not derail the thread.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Habibuisah1(m): 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
Get some Sense please Bros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by ibietela2(m): 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.

A reply from a Facebook friend

Is already there right from times, as you can see in Naira notes and some places, that's the way it's been understandable for people who doesn't know western educated then, Islamic and Arabic came through the North, While Western Education and Christianity comes through the West to the South,, And Hope am cleared? Don't use this to promote hate or criticizing
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by FuckTheMod: 9:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
viviangist4:
God Help us , From Defence HQ Abuja Report Reaching us Through Social Media Platform Twitter ... Read below

Cc; lalasticlala

Pics Credit https://twitter.com/HQNigerianArmy/status/675691879116046337

Are you shocked?

Not long ago, the army killed many of them on a peaceful protest... So??..
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Osu175(m): 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
I have an advise to Nigerians

Am an igbo boy who grow up in zaria .

If shiites should start their own,boko haram go they learn work from shiites.

Just because of El zakzaky in kongo zaria,there is no church in kongo aside in one in kongo campus or a place where they sell drink.

Any shiites could die for El zakzaky

All what i will tel Nigerian soldiers is that they should know how to go with El zakzaky cos his more dangerous than a rattle snake but a nice man.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by FuckTheMod: 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2015
actoor:
No wonder, I thought as mush. ISLAMBAD. undecided
Foól

You didn't say "ARMYNABAD" When killed many of them on a peaceful protest few months ago.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by amjoseph19: 9:33pm On Dec 12, 2015
Rafidi:

[b]You are very correct!

Not all Shiite Muslims are followers of Zakzaky. Even though of the estimated 10 million Nigerian Shiites, Zakzaky has about five to seven million followers.

Zakzaky is the head of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria.

Check:

www.islamicmovement.org

Zakzaky is the head of that organization. Not the head of Shiites as a whole, even if he follows Shia doctrines. Just like we cannot say Shekau is head of Sunnis. This generalization is very unnecessary and mistaken.

There are Shiites and Sunnis in every country around the world. Beliefs/religion have nothing to do with a movement or an organization. Otherwise, is Zakzaky head of Shiites in China?

The generalization is wrong. Imagine on 9/11 the US army declares: "Muslims attack the US". Or calling bin laden head of Muslims. Of course I am not comparing Zakzaky to bin laden because he leads an organization that has denied the allegations of violence thrown at it. And it has maintained it is peaceful, even after three of zakzakys sons and thirty others were killed last year, the group didn't resort to violence. I hope they maintain peace and not react. Again, the military claimed it was attacked. Each time no soldier gets injured but civilians get killed. I don't buy the story that the army chief was attacked. The Islamic movement claims the soldiers stormed it's center. [/b]
Mama cynthia aa!!! Biko, give this guy one bottle of beer on my head.
You have spoken well.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2015
Karma bad ooo. Shebi they were all happy when govt troops were killing Biafran protesters..... Now same govt troops have turned to kill them in their own protest or assassination attempt.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by funkyibodude(m): 9:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
viviangist4:
God Help us , From Defence HQ Abuja Report Reaching us Through Social Media Platform Twitter ... Read below

Cc; lalasticlala

Pics Credit https://twitter.com/HQNigerianArmy/status/675691879116046337

please what's the meaning of that Arabic symbol in the NA logo
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by FuckTheMod: 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.
Check our National Assembly too, an oval shape is built on it as if it were a mosque angry, who wants/wanted to Islamise us sef??
Nigeria is not an Islamic nation for crying out loud.
If SOME of them are not terrorists now, it would have even been better...
Mumu

You can just burn all the naira notes in your possession or just relocate to Biafra coz their currency don't have such "nonsense"

Dolt
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by MarvelJ: 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
Krossbow123:

I'm still looking for what he said that made u to react like this

Yes i had to because these same hypocrites re the ones that jump into conclusions saying islam is an evil relegion.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by nworanco(m): 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.
Check our National Assembly too, an oval shape is built on it as if it were a mosque angry, who wants/wanted to Islamise us sef??
Nigeria is not an Islamic nation for crying out loud.
If SOME of them are not terrorists now, it would have even been better...

I am ashamed of myself whenever I see Arabic language on our any thing concerned Nigeria. The Hausas had made Nigeria a laughing stock. I hate to be called Nigerian, u know why we are nothing before the world. One Nigeria was a mistaken phrase from Nnamdi Azikiwe, being capitalized by politicians and defrauds Nigerians.
Think about it.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by bishop4life(m): 9:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
samsard:
You can't bury indigenous language & culture in the graveyard of English language. Most countries speak more than one language and they also accommodate them. Case in point, South Africa.

I do envy those countries that have their language as official language. But we are talking of a country with many languages from different people and region, amalgamated under one official language. Why single out one? Are the hausas the only tribe with history?
The army's logo(I mean the symbol) should have been sango or king Jaja then?
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by AdeniyiA(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
samsard:
Neither do we all speak English. I know people who can't read English scripts but can easily read anything scripted in Arabic or any indigenous language they understand. No one is claiming that Nigeria is their father's property, you are the one who probably feels unnecessarily insecure and outplayed in the scheme of things. Anyway, let's not derail the thread.

ibietela2:

A reply from a Facebook friend

Is already there right from times, as you can see in Naira notes and some places, that's the way it's been understandable for people who doesn't know western educated then, Islamic and Arabic came through the North, While Western Education and Christianity comes through the West to the South,, And Hope am cleared? Don't use this to promote hate or criticizing

Let them append at the base the interpretation in English language, no one is hating here... Nigeria must be one and seen to be one when we are all carried along in the scheme of things...
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by chuckcy(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
Wat a lie.... Dy killed innocent ppl
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by mathias32(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
Khd95:
It could b mutiny oocheesy
what are u saying naw?
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by babestella: 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:

extreme balderdash undecided ,can you imagine me, a citizen of the federal republic having to be interpreted to the writing on the logo of our army??
Is our army a northern/Arab/muslim army?
This nonsense must stop if Nigeria is to remain one angry

Don't mind the joke of a country. Why wouldn't some group of people demand their own country #Biafra.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by dongar(m): 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
Leader of the Islamic movement of Nigeria. Shi'ite: sheikh mohammed sahabi: disclosed this while addressing a press conference in Zaria. During the administration of jonathan, our leader say he jonathan is the Boko Haram, because if one is educated you will not be deceived by all this things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rashida Bello Gushes Over Yahaya Bello After His Arrival To Nigeria / South-East: Police Disappear From Roads, Go To Work In Mufti / Fayemi Introduces Abiodun As ‘Eleyi Of Ogun State’ At Ekiti Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.