Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria (38724 Views)

Photos Of Buratai With Governor Okorocha In Owerri / Buratai With Emir Of Zazzau After The Attempted Assassination - Pics / Boko Haram Attacks Hometown Of Buratai, New Army Chief, Kills 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by amjoseph19: 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2015
samsard:
Neither do we all speak English. I know people who can't read English scripts but can easily read anything scripted in Arabic or any indigenous language they understand. No one is claiming that Nigeria is their father's property, you are the one who probably feels unnecessarily insecure and outplayed in the scheme of things. Anyway, let's not derail the thread.
Did you just listen to your self, can you read what you just post out loud, does it make any sense at all? Is Nigeria not a secular country.
Let me make it clear to you, visualized "john 3:16" in place of that arabic sign. You know what would have happened?? I believe you do. Countless persons would have been killed due to that, every day there would have been bombs/protests in the North against it.
So, bro... No need to find cheap excuses for this, We all know wetin xup. you guys should enjoy the amalgamation, it favored you guys to the core.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by umar4info(m): 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:

extreme balderdash undecided ,can you imagine me, a citizen of the federal republic having to be interpreted to the writing on the logo of our army??
Is our army a northern/Arab/muslim army?
This nonsense must stop if Nigeria is to remain one angry
Well, that's your cup of tea. You better focus on what may yield fruit to your future, than this your hatred on what will never change, maybe until in the next 30 years and besides,The Arabic text is not written on your head.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by bishop4life(m): 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
samsard:
You can't bury indigenous language & culture in the graveyard of English language. Most countries speak more than one language and they also accommodate them. Case in point, South Africa.

We are not debating means of communication sir, we are deliberating on the symbols of Nigeria. We are not talking arewa, oduduwa or Biafra. If our symbol portrays one people , culture, ethnic group, language, region or vice versa. Then it doesn't say unity. It truly doesn't say equity sir.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by babestella: 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
umar4info:

Well, that's your cup of tea. You better focus on what may yield fruit to your future, than this your hatred on what will never change, maybe until in the next 30 years and besides,The Arabic text is not written on your head.

Oh I see. I know where this is from.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by AustinX(m): 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
Meaning of SHIIITES PLS?
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by tonychristopher: 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
Hmmmm islam again...but let me come to their defence

Is Shiite a group or a denomination

If it is a group I think the army is right
But if they are denomination of a religion ..then army would be daft to make such a statement

Just like saying that pentecostals wants to assisinate
If shitte is a name of a person

The army should get him instead of twitting

They should forget this twitter thing and focus on what is at hand. And to me that is security of human
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin guy no kill person o. Lolz.

Koolmexxi:
BH don change name? Abi is d army trying to say insurgent attacks don diversify instead of our economy?
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by chibestjerry(m): 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
hmmm even in am in zaria self d news spread
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by chrismastre5(m): 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
viviangist4:
One Nigeria , Abeg i love u all , No Man Kill , No Man die

Vivian Gist ... full story click http://www.viviangist.com/attempted-assassination-of-the-chief-of-army-staff-in-zaria
love yourself first
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by ShowYourCertificate: 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.
Btw, is that Arabic on the logo of our Nigerian army??
can someone explain the reason for such nonsense, is Nigeria an Arabic speaking nation??
Even our naira notes have this crap undecided
Check our National Assembly too, an oval shape is built on it as if it were a mosque angry, who wants/wanted to Islamise us sef??
Nigeria is not an Islamic nation for crying out loud.
If SOME of them are not terrorists now, it would have even been better...
These were some of the things Jonathan tried correcting but it ended up making the Northern elites to gang up against him.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
Rafidi:

[b]You are very correct!

Not all Shiite Muslims are followers of Zakzaky. Even though of the estimated 10 million Nigerian Shiites, Zakzaky has about five to seven million followers.

Zakzaky is the head of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria.

Check:

www.islamicmovement.org

Zakzaky is the head of that organization. Not the head of Shiites as a whole, even if he follows Shia doctrines. Just like we cannot say Shekau is head of Sunnis. This generalization is very unnecessary and mistaken.

There are Shiites and Sunnis in every country around the world. Beliefs/religion have nothing to do with a movement or an organization. Otherwise, is Zakzaky head of Shiites in China?

The generalization is wrong. Imagine on 9/11 the US army declares: "Muslims attack the US". Or calling bin laden head of Muslims. Of course I am not comparing Zakzaky to bin laden because he leads an organization that has denied the allegations of violence thrown at it. And it has maintained it is peaceful, even after three of zakzakys sons and thirty others were killed last year, the group didn't resort to violence. I hope they maintain peace and not react. Again, the military claimed it was attacked. Each time no soldier gets injured but civilians get killed. I don't buy the story that the army chief was attacked. The Islamic movement claims the soldiers stormed it's center. [/b]

C.I.A go dey monitor nairaland like hell. The amount of info about Nigeria on this site tho. Seun hope your servers are in your backyard in ota sha.

But seriously the problem with islamic extremism is that it has always started very mild till they go wild and start trying to convert people forcefully or harm/kill people that don't believe in the same things they believe in. That is the same way ISIS, Al Qaeda, hezbollah and boko haram started. Today, all the above mentioned are islamic terrorism organizations.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Mustapha111888(m): 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=AdeniyiA post=40939559]Thank God they failed.
can someone explain the reason for such nonsense, is Nigeria an Arabic speaking nation??
Check our National Assembly too, an oval shape is built on it as if it were a mosque angry, who wants/wanted to Islamise us sef??
If SOME of them are not terrorists now, it would have even been better... Your last statement has said it all- Islamphobia. When we are to come up with one voice to defeat common threat to our lives, some intellectual bankrupt people like u keep on igniting already detrimental situation! So common sense has not inform u that no religion support any act of terrorism.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by kadis007(m): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.
am not here to provide answers just personal reasoning
1- the 1st set of people who joined the Nigeria army for over 6 years are northerners, pls look up in google and other history books.
2- for the naira inscription, early settlers in the north had strong financial ties with Arabs, by supporting the colonial rule then their desires are easily granted. the selfish and greed nature of a white if u ask me.
3. the oval shape is known as dome, most symbolic structures across the globe have it, including churches. its just for aesthetics.
4- no one can islamise this country! no one! read history pls stop spreading hate and islamophobia.
hope these could help. peace be onto u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
The reason why I love the Nigerian army is that everyone knows the Nigerian Army dont play grin
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Ebenezerk2: 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
A lot of things went wrong in Nigeria, only God didn't allow them to succeed, only Jesus is the King of kings
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by cupidhero(m): 11:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
DickDastardly:
How can they say Shites? Are they saying all shites endorsed the attack? Just like saying "Catholics attempts to......". Let them be specific pls or are they trying to blacklist all shites to pave way for something we dont know.
It shows how unproffesional they are. Everything up there is a lie. Their hunger for civilian tears and suffering is something you can't take away from them. Looking unarmed and innocent turns on their beast mode and increases their hunger for civilian abuse and dehumanization.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by AnanseK(m): 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.

You should be in a mental asylum with such phobia and paranoia . All workers Muslims and Christians are at home today Sunday - Why is Sunday a rest day for Nigeria? The Nigerian state is more Christian than Muslim. Stop hating and work for unity and development.

1 Like

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by omokab: 11:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
actoor:
No wonder, I thought as mush. ISLAMBAD. undecided
Christianity worst. David cameroon has confess and apologize for their act in Lybia. After killing gadafi and said they got a wrong information from USA by which their act cause ISSIS. You may be surprise that majority of people behind this bokop haram were Christian. If not why the money meant for boko haram is diverted for another purpose? What is Raymond about money meant to fight haram? Iya okonjo iweal and brother jona that use the money for PDP campain are they a muslim? Think men!
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Smooyis(m): 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.

Abeg leave matter for Mathias. Obasanjo and Jonathan were at the helm of affairs for over 14 years yet they could not do anything against it. If they like let them write Spanish or Greek, na dem Sabi.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by kel5000(m): 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
ManTiger:

Nigerian Army belongs to the North = Northerners are mostly Muslims = Hence the Arabic inscription. It can't/won't be changed!

No matter what!
Does that ya assertion make sense to ya sick brain?
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by omokab: 11:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ebenezerk2:
A lot of things went wrong in Nigeria, only God didn't allow them to succeed, only Jesus is the King of kings
you mean the king that another king give order to nail him on the cross and show him to the whole world? Which mean the king that give order to kill him is more superior and powerful than your king.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by obidevine(m): 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
viviangist4:
One Nigeria , Abeg i love u all , No Man Kill , No Man die

Vivian Gist ... full story click http://www.viviangist.com/attempted-assassination-of-the-chief-of-army-staff-in-zaria
.. Notice the arabic writing under the eagle... Is the entity called "nigeria" an Arabic country?
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by tk4rd: 11:48pm On Dec 12, 2015
Please, what is this picture.?? Is it an islamic logo or what.? I can't believe this has anything to do with the Nigerian Army.. Not even a Single English Word.??

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by abdulwastecx(m): 12:02am On Dec 13, 2015
samsard:
You can't bury indigenous language & culture in the graveyard of English language. Most countries speak more than one language and they also accommodate them. Case in point, South Africa.

That is never a justification for inscription of Arabic on Nigeria military code.

Arabic is not native to any culture be it North or south, it came in from some nomadic traders iIo the north and through Shangai empire into South west.

Majority of the so called northern hausas can neither Reed or write Arabic so why the need for it in our military codes?

Nigeria is just a polarize count ruled by a lot of fools in the past with no patriotism for their fatherland and most of us don't really above the dogma of religion
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by pus20: 12:07am On Dec 13, 2015
I saw he is fine.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by dazdilijae(m): 12:26am On Dec 13, 2015
MarvelJ:

Yes they did and you cant do anything about it. If you re nt a shiite then keep quiet n respect yourself.

Before you abuse him please reason from his point of view
Shiite in kano? Even in Zaria there are shiites in samaru and Zaria city but the people who had the clash with the NA was a particular group of followers so when a government arm is giving out news it should be specific unless there are untold stories the. Are trying to cover. Up that's when it sounds ambiguous.
I m sure that's what he was trying to say
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 13, 2015
babestella:
Please who are the Sunni or the Shiites in Nigeria? I'd like to know.
Shia, an abbreviation of Shiatu ʻAli(followers of Ali), is a branch of Islam which holds that the Islamic prophet Muhammad's proper successor as Caliph was his son-in-law and cousin Ali ibn Abi Talib . Shia Islam primarily contrasts with Sunni Islam, whose adherents believe that Muhammad's father-in-law, Abu Bakr , not Ali ibn Abi Talib, was his proper successor.
Sunni: the model of Islam followed by the saudi's. Strongest militant group: ISIL
Shia: the model of Islam followed by the Iranians.
Strongest militant group: Hezbollah

2 Likes

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by ManTiger(m): 12:47am On Dec 13, 2015
kel5000:

Does that ya assertion make sense to ya sick brain?
I'm a Christian southerner but what I just said is a bitter truth. The single Federal Government Organisation with the largest number of Northerners and Muslim is the Nigerian Army. The Army was built by a Muslim Northerner hence the ajamic inscription, same happened to our currency until GEJ called for it erasure.

You don't have to flex your muscle to abuse, i'll apologise if I were you.
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by SkinnyDude(m): 3:19am On Dec 13, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Thank God they failed.
i thought i was the only one who saw it... even in our currency. i wonder what their intention or aim is
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 13, 2015
omokab:
Christianity worst. David cameroon has confess and apologize for their act in Lybia. After killing gadafi and said they got a wrong information from USA by which their mecause ISSIS. You may be surprise that majority of people behind this bokop haram were Christian. If not why the money meant for boko haram is diverted for another purpose? What is Raymond about money meant to fight haram? Iya okonjo iweal and brother jona that use the money for PDP campain are they a muslim? Think men!

Your level of reasoning is an epic zero. Shame

1 Like

Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by proprince(m): 4:47am On Dec 13, 2015
Buratai can lie grin
Re: Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria by ichommy(m): 4:52am On Dec 13, 2015
grin
proprince:
Buratai can lie grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayemi Introduces Abiodun As ‘Eleyi Of Ogun State’ At Ekiti Rally / Bauchi First Lady, Aisha Bala-Muhammad's Convoy Trapped On A Bad Road / Profile Of Uche Secondus, PDP National Chairman AKA The “Total Chairman”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.