Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,802 members, 7,827,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? (6539 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing Your Mom Caught You Doing? / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / Wives: Do You Feel Comfortable Initiating Sex In Your Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2009
The other day my mom walked into my room while I was dressing up for work, I asked her to leave my room but she got all hot and bothered. I felt a little bad, but I'm just not comfortable with her seeing me all naked. Do you guys think I need to apologize to her or just let it be.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2009
Sure, she's my mother . . . what am i hiding that she didnt wash?

Besides my mom seems to be even more sensitive than we are, she never enters if we're dressing.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2009
You right in a sense Davidylan, but I'm all grown up now. Yes she saw and washed me when I was little but I've changed a lot down there. And I wish my mom is as sensitive as yours, mine just walks into the room without even knocking angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by tope5000: 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2009
davidylan:

Sure, she's my mother . . . what am i hiding that she didnt wash?

Besides my mom seems to be even more sensitive that we are, she never enters if we're dressing.

Lol . . . but he is grown ass dude, his mum shud have excused him na grin
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by tope5000: 11:23pm On Jun 03, 2009
OgidiBoy:

You right in a sense Davidylan, but I'm all grown up now. Yes she saw and washed me when I was little but I've changed a lot down there. And I wish my mom is as sensitive as yours, mine just walks into the room without even knocking angry

Guess it is abt time . . .u stop living with mommy tongue
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Sissy3(f): 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2009
nope, i have no problem wotsoever with it. maybe you should try telling your mom you sometimes need your own privacy undecided undecided
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2009
tope5000:

Guess it is abt time . . .u stop living with mommy tongue

I live in the dorm. But I'm home every other weekend to reload on supplies.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2009
OgidiBoy:

lol do you have sisters? My mom had all boys so she learnt very early to give us our privacy. I think my dad had something to do with it . . . he also never enters while we are dressing.

You just have to tell your mom or find your own apt.  smiley
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by tope5000: 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I live in the dorm. But I'm home every other weekend to reload on supplies.

lol. . . well then its her house, she can do wateva she wants tongue
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:31pm On Jun 03, 2009
davidylan:

lol do you have sisters? My mom had all boys so she learnt very early to give us our privacy. I think my dad had something to do with it . . . he also never enters while we are dressing.

You just have to tell your mom or find your own apt. smiley

Lucky you, I have four sisters and it's so much easier for girls to dress and UnCloth in front of each other.

tope5000:

There you go again with that Nigerian mentality.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Sissy3(f): 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2009
tope5000:

but still, i think her mom should kind of give him so needed privacy esp. when dressing undecided undecided

he's no longer that little boy she use to bath in the bathtub undecided undecided
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

nope, i have no problem wotsoever with it. maybe you should try telling your mom you sometimes need your own privacy undecided undecided

Yeah try and reason with a Nigerian parent cry
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by tope5000: 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

but still, i think her mom should kind of give him so needed privacy esp. when dressing undecided undecided

he's no longer that little boy she use to bath in the bathtub undecided undecided

of cos im not disputing that at all but there is nothing he can do abt it unless she speaks to her undecided
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by MrCrackles(m): 11:35pm On Jun 03, 2009
I get mad if my mum enters my room without knocking!

So how will i feel comfortable if dressing infront of her?!
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:37pm On Jun 03, 2009
tope5000:

of cos im not disputing that at all but there is nothing he can do abt it unless she speaks to her undecided

This is a mom that won't let me have a lock to my room, have my own computer or phone in my room, or stay out after mid-night.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by ikamefa(f): 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2009
@topic

yep!  cheesy but she hates it though grin cheesy grin
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by tope5000: 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2009
OgidiBoy:

This is a mom that won't let me have a lock to my room, have my own computer or phone in my room, or stay out after mid-night.

say what? shocked shocked shocked shocked
You are an ADULT right? undecided
She must be very strict sad
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:42pm On Jun 03, 2009
tope5000:

say what? shocked shocked shocked shocked
You are an ADULT right? undecided
She must be very strict sad

Let's just say I'll be old enough to buy alcohol next year. tongue grin
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Sissy3(f): 11:43pm On Jun 03, 2009
tope5000:

true.

OgidiBoy:

Yeah try and reason with a Nigerian parent cry

Ogidiboy, i think you have to frank with your mom and tell her that you feel little bit uncomfortable with her entering your room without knocking especially when you are dressing, though she might be angry at first but maybe she will take note undecided undecided
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by tope5000: 11:46pm On Jun 03, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Let's just say I'll be old enough to buy alcohol next year. tongue grin

u r still lil boy jor cheesy tongue j/k
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Remii(m): 11:46pm On Jun 03, 2009
Normally when children are old enough to recognize their private parts they should be respected and should not UnCloth in presence of people including their parents unless when very sick and they are unable to take care of their own unclothedness. This is important to avoid ugly occurrences.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by ikamefa(f): 11:50pm On Jun 03, 2009
Remii:

Normally when children are old enough to recognize their private parts they should be respected and should not UnCloth in presence of people including their parents unless when very sick and they are unable to take care of their own unclothedness. This is important to avoid ugly occurrences.

oh really?

what of some  families living in a one room apartment with curtains/a wrapper as room dividers? "   grin "
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Sissy3(f): 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2009
ikamefa:

oh really?

what of some families living in a one room apartment with curtains/a wrapper as room dividers? " grin "

lol, maybe when one of them is ready to dress the rest goes outside for a few minutes grin grin grin
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Remii(m): 11:59pm On Jun 03, 2009
ikamefa:

oh really?

what of some families living in a one room apartment with curtains/a wrapper as room dividers? "   grin "

Anyway I said "normally" and you know the kind of stories that comes from such habitats too. Dressing up get levels too, at least not stark naked, "the main, the main" should be covered even from bathroom and opposite genders should leave the room too, at least there would be parlour, I assume. As soon as one could afford it, there is need to separate sleeping places of boys and girl children.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by ikamefa(f): 12:01am On Jun 04, 2009
Remii:

Anyway I said "normally" and you know the kind of stories that comes from such habitats too. Dressing up get levels too, at least not stark naked, "the main, the main" should be covered even from bathroom and opposite genders should leave the room too, at least there would be parlour, I assume. As soon as one could afford it, there is need to separate sleeping places of boys and girl children.

aight oh! was just checking " grin "
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:07am On Jun 04, 2009
Massage for all parents out there, we not comfortable seeing you naked either. Lock the door for crying out loud when you in the bathroom angry angry
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Remii(m): 1:09am On Jun 04, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Massage for all parents out there, we not comfortable seeing you naked either. Lock the door for crying out loud when you in the bathroom angry angry

Ok, oh! Now we know, lol grin grin grin
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:11am On Jun 04, 2009
Remii:

Ok, oh! Now we know, lol grin grin grin

Thank you, now pls spread the word.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by ifyalways(f): 1:51am On Jun 04, 2009
@Poster,she might have just left without u asking her to leave.Its possible she got inquisitive when u asked her out so she decided to see what u are hiding and why u are so anxious to ask her out. . . . lol .Apologie to her and  [b]lock [/b]ur room while undressing.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by chiogo(f): 1:56am On Jun 04, 2009
@topic, I think it's easier when you're a female. For me, sometimes depending on my mood.

If she was already in the room, fine. But if she barges in without knocking, I so hate that.

The only way to avoid them barging in is to move to your own house, that's naija parents for you. They're right even when they're wrong. You dare not argue. cheesy
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:59am On Jun 04, 2009
ifyalways:

@Poster,she might have just left without u asking her to leave.Its possible she got inquisitive when u asked her out so she decided what u are hiding and why u are so anxious to ask her out. . . . lol .Apologie to her and [b]lock [/b]ur room while undressing.

Oh no!! she was not going any where, in fact she sat on the bed and said she had sometime very important to discuss with me, am like mom can it wait till I'm dressed. That's when she got mad and just stormed out of the room.  angry
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:01am On Jun 04, 2009
chiogo:

@topic, I think it's easier when you're a female. For me, sometimes depending on my mood.

If she was already in the room, fine. But if she barges in without knocking, I so hate that.

The only way to avoid them barging in is to move to your own house, that's naija parents for you. They're right even when they're wrong. You dare not argue. cheesy

My dear you know exactly what I'm talking about. Mines are just like that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My MIL Is Driving Me Craazzy. Help! / Kofo Abayomi: A Nigerian Who Changed His Name Just To Marry A Widow In 1930 / House Clearance Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.